Shackles Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
KallieHF
KallieHF
941 Followers

The pause that followed was so long, Trinity thought Radiance was simply giving her the silent treatment. But then, finally: "My name actually is Violet."

"Ha!" Trinity exclaimed. "I knew it. I knew you gave Daisy and the others your real name."

"I didn't mean to," Radiance replied. "I was going to make something up, when I met them. I just slipped up."

"Maybe that would have been a good idea," Trinity teased. "'Violet'... wow. The fangirls would love that."

"It doesn't suit me." Radiance turned away to try and hide the blush in her cheeks. "So it's Vi, mostly."

"Vi," Trinity repeated, nodding.

After another pause, Radiance reached up to rub her face. "Trinity, that shimmer of yours sure is something. It's been days."

"What do you mean?"

"I have absolutely no idea why I told you that," Radiance replied. "Some of the stuff you did to me about... about how I feel about you. It's still messing with me, I think. Can't get my head on straight."

Trinity was surprised to hear that. On Radiance, of all people, it should have worn off by now.

"Let me see," she said, propping herself up on an elbow.

"See what?"

"Your eyes," Trinity explained. "With my power, there's usually a trace. It fades, as the influence weakens."

Without another word, Radiance turned her head so that she was looking right at Trinity. It made the villain suddenly very conscious of how close their faces were. She could see from the look in her brilliant eyes that Radiance had realized the same thing. Neither of them backed away. The moment held them.

Instead, they kissed.

And a single second later, Radiance's communicator started to buzz.

In an instant, Radiance was all business again. The transformation was so swift, Trinity was left wondering if their kiss had happened at all. Radiance leapt off the bed, swiped her communicator from its place on the table, and held it to her ear.

"Radiance," she said, "talk."

Her voice was perfectly cool and calm. So this was Radiance when she was truly called into action. Trinity felt a little wounded at having been abandoned so totally, but with Radiance's back to her, she was at least free to inch closer and listen in.

This is Peregrine, came a cold, aristocratic, and strangely familiar voice, from Radiance's communication device. Where are you? I expected to hear from you by now.

"I'm sorry," Radiance replied. To her credit, she managed not to sound flustered or embarrassed. "I've... something came up."

I see. Peregrine seemed to consider that for the moment. That's not like you, Radiance. Don't tell me you got distracted. I thought we were very clear with each other, the last time we spoke. Where are you with finding Shimmer?

A heart-stopping pause ensued, before Trinity heard something miraculous: Radiance lying.

"I lost her trail," Radiance said calmly. "I don't know where she could be."

That's very disappointing, Peregrine said. She made it sound like a threat. Trinity couldn't imagine any other hero being willing to threaten Radiance. And surprising. You don't let villains get away, Radiance. It's one of the things I most like about you.

"I do my best." Radiance's voice was completely flat. "Maybe this one just got lucky."

Or maybe you just weren't motivated enough, Peregrine growled. I think you should keep trying. You need to find her. You need to retrieve what she stole.

"I'm telling you," Radiance protested. "She-"

Remember, Peregrine interrupted. You agreed that you would just do it my way.

Something strange happened to Radiance. She didn't respond, not for several seconds. Instead, her back stiffened, and her breath caught in her throat.

"Understood," Radiance said eventually. Somehow, her voice was even flatter and more emotionless than before.

Good, Peregrine said. Call me once it's done.

The communicator beeped as the other hero hung up.

As soon as Radiance turned around, Trinity knew something was wrong. It was like the superhero had put on a mask. Her face was blank and her eyes were ice.

No.

It was like she was a completely different person altogether.

Trinity wasn't sure what was going on, but she knew she should be afraid.

"I'm gonna leave now," she said nervously. "I think I'm strong enough, I can probably manage-"

"You're not going anywhere," Radiance interrupted firmly. She reached down and seized Trinity's jaw in her hand, holding her still. "Not until you give me all the money you stole from Eleanor Quinn."

KallieHF
KallieHF
941 Followers
12