Shades of Blue

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh, she liked it alright" said Mum; "but are you sure she should really be accepting kisses like that from you?"

When I heard what Mum said I almost danced with joy, but I knew I had to stay calm. Mum had, in her own mind, separated herself and 'Anna' into two separate people, so that our 'lovers kiss', wasn't between a mother and her son, but between me, Paul, and Anna. It was tentative at the moment, but it was a start.

"If she liked it, why shouldn't she?" I asked, and then I moved things forward a little more. "Whatever two adults do together, in private, is surely, just between them. Look at Christian and Anastasia, who are we to point the finger, and call them pornographic creations".

Mum smiled but still looked a little concerned. I asked her what was wrong.

"It's just that, if you are going to behave like that while on your date with Anna, could you pick somewhere to go where we are not likely to be known. I wouldn't want anyone who knows me, seeing you and Anna together, they wouldn't understand. Imagine Mrs Smith's comments if she saw us behaving like that".

I don't know how I managed to keep my feelings off my face. Mum was almost agreeing that there might be some kind of intimacy between us tonight. Maybe just another kiss or two, but who knows, from little acorns .....

"Leave it to me, I think I might know just the place" I said as I got up off my knees, lifting Mum to her feet as well. Earlier I promised you I would never embarrass you, so trust me, I will be very careful not to be the cause of any embarrassment in front of anyone you know.

"Now I must go or all the shops will be shutting" I said; "I have a few details, I need to sort out for tonight out yet. I didn't know our date was going to happen quite so soon. When I get back I should have everything organised and I hope you will like what I have arranged." Then I headed off downstairs before she could pump me to find out what I had planned.

------------

Once in town I did what I had come to do, then made my way to the store where I knew Mum bought most of her underwear. Not a sexy place you might think, M&S, but I knew, as well as the 'everyday' things, they did keep quite a good range of very pretty ladies underwear, and with the sizes I had written down, I was sure I would be able to find what I wanted.

Browsing around the displays I found a beautiful range of underwear that I was sure Mum would like, in a soft red, with the most beautiful deep cream lace trim overlaying the fabric. I had just begun looking for her size, when a sales lady came up and asked if she could help.

"I am looking for a present for my girlfriend" I said; "I rather like this design but do you have it in these sizes?"

"Of course sir" she replied, a little haughtily and she took the piece of paper I had written Mum's sizes on. Immediately she saw the sizes I had written down, her whole attitude changed and the haughty look disappeared.

"Perhaps you would come with me, these sizes are over here" and she led me to another display rack; "I am sorry if I appeared unwelcoming just now, but it's just that we have had several, shall I say, 'gentlemen with different needs', browsing in the ladies lingerie department this morning. They seldom buy anything, but they do seem to spend a lot of time browsing".

"Oh, I see" I said, grinning; "no, I really am looking to buy a present for my girlfriend, as I said. I know she buys a lot of her things from M&S so I thought if I get them from here, and I have her size, I was pretty sure that whatever I buy should at least fit her, assuming of course she is prepared to wear them. I know how sizes can vary in different shops, because my Mum is always moaning about it.

I'll be honest; I got her sizes from her things in the wash basket in her bathroom because I want this to be a surprise.

"That's OK sir" she replied; "I can see by the sizes you want, they are definitely for a lady. Sometimes, with those other 'gentlemen' I mentioned, when they do buy something, that isn't always the case. What exactly are you looking for?"

"Well, I thought matching bra panties and suspender belt, would be nice, maybe with a waist slip too. Are they available in this range?"

"Oh yes sir" she responded; "we have all of those, now, what kind of panties would you like? There are briefs, normal and high leg, a thong or French knickers. They are all available in this design".

"Oh God!" I said; "and I thought this would be simple. Not a thong, I know she doesn't like those, but the French knickers might be something just a little bit different for her".

The sales lady took a pair from the display and held them for me to see. She chuckled when she saw how embarrassed I was.

"This is the first time you have bought underwear for a lady, isn't it sir?" she said with a smile on her face.

"It shows, doesn't it" I said. "Usually I get her chocolates or something but I decided I wanted to be different this time. I am beginning to wonder if this was such a good idea".

"I am sorry, I could see you were nervous so I shouldn't have teased you like that. She is a lucky girl to have a boyfriend who cares for her enough to put himself through the embarrassment of buying her lingerie. Do you know the style of bra she likes?"

"Oh No! Not more choices. I am really out of my depth here".

"It's OK" she said, and she selected three different bras and laid them on the display. "Which style do you like?" she asked.

I pointed at the one I thought Mum would like best.

"There now, that wasn't so bad was it?" she said. Then she turned to another display which was next to the bra's and selected a slip from the same range, holding it against herself for my approval.

I nodded "yes, that is just what I wanted" I said.

"Good" she said; "now for the suspender belt. Does the lady usually wear stockings?"

"Errrr - No, she doesn't" I replied.

"But you would like her to. That's OK, in that case I would suggest this one, it's a little bit deeper than the other so should be more comfortable in wear if she isn't used to wearing suspenders, and, of course you will need stockings too if she doesn't have any. Do you have a preference for colour? Black is always popular, although some feel that is a little too, shall we say, 'obvious', especially if the lady is a 'first time' wearer".

Taking the items we had already selected, she took me over to another display where the stockings were.

"I think perhaps I should stick with the colour tights that she usually wears, which is a tan colour" I said; "I don't want her to feel self conscious just because her stockings are not her usual colour. I think going from tights to stockings might be a big enough jump for now".

"Very wise" said the assistant; "but why don't you take one pair of tan and perhaps one pair, a little darker, maybe a smoke, or charcoal grey, something like that, then she can choose for herself what she thinks suits the colour dress she will be wearing with them? I am sure she will be pleased with your choices for her. Any girl would be happy to have a present like this".

"I certainly hope so" I said; "I must admit I am more than a little nervous about her response to me buying her such intimate things as this".

The assistant smiled, and said "I think this is our most sensual range, so I am sure she will love them, but if she doesn't you can always bring them back, as long as she hasn't worn them". Then she came close and said in a low voice;

"if she really hates them and you get into really hot water for buying them, I think I know someone who wouldn't object to wearing them for you" and she winked at me; "they are my size too".

Oh my god! I have just been propositioned by a young lady assistant in the M&S lingerie department. I could feel my face going red and I couldn't think of anything to say.

She chuckled again; "It's OK I am sure she will love them, but if she doesn't, please bring them back. Ask for me, my name is Sarah".

Without thinking I responded "Paul".

She slipped my purchases into a discreet bag, and I paid with my card.

"Thank you very much Paul" she said with a little smile, then she wrote something on the back of the card receipt and dropped that into the bag as well; "don't forget, you can always bring any items back if your young lady doesn't like them".

I don't think I have ever exited a shop as quickly as I did that day.

Once on the street I took a deep breath; 'what is wrong with me' I thought; 'I have just been propositioned by a very attractive young lady, and all I can think of is going home to be with Mum'. I realised I needed to think about what I was feeling, and made my way to 'Costa' where I could sit down and work things out in comfort.

I couldn't stop thinking about those kisses and not only my reaction to them but Mums response to them as well. Now I had just bought her some very sensual underwear, which I was hoping she would wear tonight on our 'date'. Why was I doing that? No way was she going to let me see her in them, even if she agreed to wear what I had bought, so what was I hoping to get from this?

Then I came back to those kisses. She had responded as if I was her boyfriend, or maybe even ... her lover!

Oh My God! ..... What am I doing to her? What had I done to our relationship and how she would see me in the future? I knew I loved her. I had known that for quite a while, but I had always managed to keep my feelings for her in check, that is, until this morning. I had to sit down with her and talk through this, let her know how I saw, but not what I saw, this morning, and hope we could still be as we were before.

I finished my coffee and left 'Costa' intending to make for my car and go home, but then another thought struck me as I was passing M&S and it stopped me dead in my tracks. Almost without meaning to I opened the door and made my way back to the lingerie dept. I looked round and saw Sarah talking to another assistant, and, going up to them said "Excuse me".

Sarah turned round and as soon as she saw who it was her face broke into a smile; "Oh! Hello Paul. My, that was quick" she said; "didn't she like them?"

"It's just that I had another thought, do you have a nightwear section as well?" I asked.

"Yes, it's not really my department, but as you are already my customer I think I can look after you there as well. I don't want any of the other girls stealing you away from under my nose, do I?" she said with a smile; "come with me."

She led me to the displays of nightwear and, looking at me with a smile on her face said; "it looks to me like you have a really big night planned. I think this young lady of yours would be a fool if she lets you get away, just because you would like her to wear a suspender belt and a pair of stockings, but it really doesn't look as if I am going to get a call from you, am I?"

"Sorry but I don't think you will" I replied; "but I was flattered by you suggesting I could. You are very lovely, but I think the girl I am buying these things for, just might be the one for me".

Sarah smiled a little ruefully; "just my luck, all the best ones are always taken. Sometimes I think my boyfriend would rather go to football and be drinking with his mates than be with me".

"In that case he must be a fool" I responded; "if I wasn't so absolutely stuck on my girl, I would be round here like a shot. You are beautiful and I think, a really nice girl. Obviously he doesn't appreciate what he has".

"Oh why didn't I meet you before your young lady did?" said Sarah; "she would never have got near enough for you to even see her. Oh well! Never mind, let me see if I can find something else you might like to see her in".

She looked through the nightwear on the display, before asking "do you want a short nightdress, or something a bit more flowing?"

"Flowing I think. I was hoping for something, not actually see through, but sort of suggesting what is underneath, if you know what I mean" I said; "sort of sexy but not too obvious."

"Yes I do" she said with a smile; "I think I know just the thing, how tall is she?"

"About your height, maybe an inch taller but no more" I said.

She led me to a display, running her hand along the garments before extracting a hangar and holding it up for me to see. "What do you think?" she asked.

"I think that is perfect" I replied, and grinned; "I just hope I get to see her in it, that's all".

"If you do get to see her wearing this, make sure you are a good boy scout and follow their motto" she said with a grin; "we don't want any unplanned accidents, now do we?"

She laughed at me as I blushed. "Oh I could really love being with you" she said; "you can tell her from me that if she doesn't want her presents, she can send you back with them. I promise you I will be phoning my boy friend to dump him before the shop door has closed behind you".

This time I didn't exit the shop quite so fast. It looked like I really had 'pulled', if I wanted her. She was very attractive, and fun too, but she was just not who I knew I wanted to be with tonight.

Just then I was walking past 'Superdrug' and another really naughty thought struck me; "if I am going to play Christian, I had better make sure I am, as Sarah put it 'a boy scout', a good motto that, 'Be prepared!" Turning into the store I made my way to the display of condoms. Selecting a pack I paid at the till and headed back to my car.

----------------

Back home, Mum was in the bathroom and I called out through the closed door that I was back and going to have a look on the internet for somewhere for us to eat. After the encounter in Mum's bedroom, I thought that a neutral location might be best and help her to relax. Maybe then, if she was still talking to me, she might allow a little more intimacy than she would usually have permitted.

"My original idea was a bit too near home" I said; "and anyway they don't have a table for tonight, so I will search a bit further afield."

I heard her say something, but didn't catch what it was.

A quick look on a search engine soon gave me loads of choices, but I was looking for something a little bit special. I soon found what I was looking for. It looked like a very nice hotel and restaurant, about 30 miles away from home. Far enough to justify staying over, well away from anyone we knew, but not so far that it would require too long a drive to get there. On their web site, the rooms looked really good, and the restaurant had good reviews, so l made a reservation for a twin room, and a table for two for dinner, that evening at 8.0'clock.

After printing out the reservation, I began to feel uncomfortable about what I was setting up. We had to talk!

I went to the bathroom door, because Mum was still in there, tapped on the door and said; "I am going down to make a cup of tea Mum" I said; "I will make you a cup too, and if you would, I would like you to join me in the lounge for a chat. I want to discuss plans for tonight with you, before anything is finally booked and can't be changed."

I heard Mum say something, but once again it was a bit indistinct and I didn't catch what she said.

I made the tea and put some biscuits on a plate, with a slice of cake each. "It's in the lounge" I called up the stairs.

After a few moments I heard Mum coming downstairs, and stood up to meet her as she entered the lounge. When she came in I could see she looked upset, as if she had been crying, so I helped her to the couch, where she sat looking down at the floor. I sat in my usual chair, facing her and said; "I think we really need to talk, and perhaps, after what happened this morning, it might be better if we do it while we are sitting a little apart."

She just nodded; "whatever you think is best Paul".

Would you like me to start?" I asked her.

She nodded.

"OK! Now first of all I want you to know that I stand by everything I said earlier. I do want you to come out with me, not as my Mum, but as my date. I do think you are beautiful and will be the prettiest lady in the room, wherever we go, and I would be proud to escort you, anywhere and any time. Do you accept that?"

Mum nodded; "BUT? There is always a 'but' at the end of a sentence like that".

"There is no 'BUT'" I replied. "That is the truth! My problem is, now I have a confession to make to you. You see, when I asked you to agree to me choosing what you wore tonight, I was just thinking of the dress I wanted you to wear. The shoes came later, when I was getting the dress from your wardrobe. The reason for my choice was absolutely truthful. When you wore that dress to your office Christmas party, you looked stunning. You actually took my breath away you looked so gorgeous. I know you won't believe that you had that effect on me, but you did .... you still do, whatever you are wearing! But that's why I wanted you to wear it tonight".

"I never told you everything that Pete from college actually said to me, did I? I don't know if you remember him, we met him in town when we were shopping. The one who I told you said he fancied you".

"Oh yes, I think I remember him", said Mum; a tall, slim boy, who I said thought far too much of himself".

"That sounds like him" I said with a grin; "anyway, even though when he met you, we were just shopping and you were not particularly 'dressed up', what he actually said, was 'Your mum is a fox, how can you live in the same house as her without having a permanent hard-on?' Then he asked me if I could set up a date with you for him".

"No, you certainly never told me that" said Mum; "when did he say that".

"It doesn't matter, because I told him to 'Back Off and to keep his hands and his dirty mind off you'. Anyway, a few words were exchanged, he said something I took exception to and we, sort of 'fell out'."

"Fell out?" said Mum; "What do you mean, 'you fell out'? What did he say? What happened?

"Mum, I don't need anyone to tell me that you are beautiful, especially a slime ball like him, I had always known that. As your son, all I could hope for was a chaste kiss on the cheek and maybe a hug on a special occasion, but he could ask you out on a date and from what he said I knew he would try to get you into bed afterwards, then, if he managed that, brag about it to everyone he knew. I couldn't even ask you out and I was as jealous as hell, so when he said what he did, I hit him! We just had a bit of a fight, that's all"

"Was that when you came home with your face bruised and you said you had tripped over?" I nodded.

"You are not usually a violent person so it must have been really bad, was it something about me?" She asked.

"No Mum!" I replied; "it was about me and I would rather not talk about it, if you don't mind".

"But what he said involved me, didn't it?"

"Please Mum, let it go. I shouldn't have said anything."

"Now, just when you said you trusted me, I have betrayed that trust. I started thinking about how I had phrased the addition to our bet, about me choosing what you wear. I thought I could use your agreement to that, to slip in something else I would like you to wear. That was underhand and wrong of me! So now, I want you to re-instate your 'veto' clause. Anything you are not happy with goes. No matter what it is."

"That goes for the dress, the shoes .... And ..... The underwear I bought for you this morning in town".

Mum looked at me in surprise; "you have bought me underwear to wear tonight?"

"Yes Mum. I will bring it down for you to see and accept or reject as you choose. The sales lady did say I could take it back if you didn't like it.

I have also, provisionally, booked this" and I handed her the print out of the provisional booking I had made for dinner and a twin room at 'The Grange Hotel'; "it's only a provisional booking so if you don't like the idea I can cancel that too".