Shadow Demon Pt. 08

Story Info
Sarah gets lucky at the gala.
4.7k words
4.47
3.4k
3

Part 8 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 03/07/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SaraNoir
SaraNoir
21 Followers

The gala was hosted in the Grand Hughes hotel, an impressive building that was built over a hundred years ago. Even with its ago, the Grand Hughes maintained its status as Winsome Bay's most luxurious hotel, and it wasn't hard to understand why. The castle-like tower was surrounded by a vast botanical garden, housing trees older than the building itself. With both the large winding trees and the many exotic flowers, the hotel appeared to be surrounded by a forest that belonged in a fairytale. At the end of the lighted cobblestone path to the hotel, a waterfall poured in a perimeter around the front entrance. The water appeared to be made of liquid gold, colored in the night by the giant spotlights shining from the bottom. Like the breaking of a stage curtain, the great waterfall was parted down the center in the shape of an upside down "V", allowing guests to enter the building untouched by the column of water.

Patrons of the gala, dressed in expensive evening wear, moved in pairs down the long walkway to the entrance, slowly funneling into the building.

At the beginning of the hotel's walkway, Henry Lawson stepped out of his car, waved at the press cameras and then reached a hand back into the car. A feminine hand took Henry's and was soon followed by a long graceful leg.

As Sarah stepped out of the car, she could see the mouths of photographers and journalists fall open as their gaze eventually fell upon her. She wore an evening dress of soft black fabric, with an exposed back, and a wide split on the side that ran up her leg, ending only just below her hip. On her neck, was a black velvet choker with a red ruby in the center. A few seconds passed before flashes of white light erupted from cameras, as the brains of the photographers eventually turned back on. Sarah smiled, took Henry's arm, and they began walking to the hotel.

"You look absolutely stunning Ms. Noir. I feel like the luckiest man here." Said Henry.

Sarah gave Henry a warm smile and chuckled. "Henry, I couldn't let the CEO of our company come to this gala without a date, now could I?" Sarah asked playfully. She then bent to whisper in his ear, "Besides, with so many potential donors here, I want everyone's eyes on us tonight." She continued.

Henry looked at Sarah in surprise, then let out a warm belly laugh. "You're as devious as you are beautiful, my dear. Those bristly crows and arrogant shits will be writing checks just to say they held your hand." Henry said.

Sarah gave Henry a sly smile and a wink.

Inside the lobby of the hotel was a scene of warm gold and yellows. Above them was a magnificent chandelier of glass icicles and golden trim. To their right, was a large fireplace fueled by wood, surrounded by comfy loveseats and chairs occupied by well-dressed men sipping whiskey. Opposite Sarah and Henry was the large reception desk that sat between the twin staircase curving up to a single point on the second level.

The event hall of the Grand Hughes hotel made up the entirety of the second level. Double doors of carved white painted wood and gold trim were opened wide. To the right of the doors, a young man stood behind a podium. When Henry and Sarah reached him, the young man stared at Sarah, seemingly at a loss for words.

"Henry Lawson and guest." Henry said.

The man looked at Henry as if he just spoke in a foreign language.

"The book, boy." Said Henry, nodding to the ledger on the podium.

"Yes! Of course. Go ahead mister Lawson." The young man said hastily.

Henry rolled his eyes and they went on through the entrance.

Sarah could almost feel the young man's gaze on her as she walked past him, which was quickly confirmed by the sound of another guest snapping his fingers to get the young man's attention again.

Inside the Hall, many round tables covered in white cloth surrounded a large raised stage against the opposite wall. On the stage, a carved stained oak podium sat in the center and a couple long tables also draped in white were placed behind it. Two permanent bars flanked the hall, manned by handsome men and women in red vests, each pouring drinks with professional urgency. Scattered around the room, patrons of the event stood in their own small circles, each likely talking and drinking to their personal successes, inflating the egos of themselves and each other.

Upon seeing Henry and Sarah enter, a relatively handsome man with short red hair broke off from his circle and came to greet them.

"Henry! It's good to see you." Said the man with over exaggerated enthusiasm.

"Mr. Miles. Always a pleasure. How's the future coming?" Said Henry, who immediately straightened and put on his game face. It was time for money.

"Divergent Robotics is the future. In the next five years, I'll have robot vehicles and servants in every major home in the United States." Said Mr. Miles confidently.

"That's a bold prediction." Said Sarah.

Mr. Miles looked at Sarah, his eyes running up her leg before coming to her eyes. His chin tilled up slightly, and a creepy grin touched his face.

"I don't believe we've had the pleasure. Please, call me Shawn, Ms.-?" Shawn probed.

Sarah made a tight smile. "Ms. Noir." She said, giving Shawn an unimpressed look.

"Well Ms. Noir, I'm a bold man, and I stand by my prediction. Five years." Said Shawn.

Shawn reached for and grabbed Sarah's hand. "As a bold man, I'd like to say that you'd look amazing on my yacht in the Caribbean next weekend. My treat. I'll even throw in a little bikini for you." Said Shawn, who then processed to kiss the back of Sarah's hand.

Sarah gently pulled her hand away. "A tempting offer, I'll have to check my schedule." Said Sarah, forcing herself to give Shawn a nice smile.

A server came by with glasses of champagne, and Sarah happily took one and looked for something other than Shawn to stare at. She looked at her glass and imagined shoving it into Shawn's eye. "If only." She muttered to herself.

"Pardon?" asked Shawn.

Sarah looked into Shawn's eyes and bit her lip. "Just thinking about yachts and bikinis." Said Sarah in an innocent voice, while also giving Henry a subtle rib jab.

"Don't think too long, my personal jet is leaving on Thursday. It would be a shame if you weren't on it." Said Shawn.

Henry tensed from the jab and understood Sarah's desire to change the topic. "Mr. Miles, with such success coming your way, wouldn't it do to strengthen your relationship with the public and get some limelight? With our shelter coming into fruition, it will need a name to go with it. I was thinking of calling it the Shawn Miles center for the less fortune." Said Henry.

Shawn's expression looked like his champagne just soured in his mouth. "Henry..." Shawn droned, disappointed by the mere mention of charity.

Sarah quickly jumped in. "For a company as big as yours, I'm sure you can spare a couple thousand each month. You'll gain such a noble view in the public eye. We only ask for a mere 60% of the running costs. I'm sure a handsome man that travels to the Caribbean every few weeks spends less on your employee's coffee machine." Said Sarah.

Shawn's eyes went back to Sarah, his gaze resting on her breasts for half a second before returning to her eyes. "You two make a valid point, my company is relatively unknown to the public, and those that do know us only see our weapons contract with the military. I'm sure we could use the PR. You'll have your donation Henry, but I want that building to be on the front page of every paper for a week. Also, my name better be in the biggest letters you can find for that building." Said Shawn, who then downed his champagne.

Henry barked out a throaty laugh, and vigorously shook Shawn Miles hand. "You're a fine negotiator. I'll make sure all the arrangements will be as you desire." Henry said happily.

"

I'm sure you will." Said Shawn. He looked back to Sarah with a hungry expression and said, "I'll see you next week.". He turned and departed towards the bar.

Sarah watched the red-haired man leave with contempt.

Henry took a swig of his champagne, then kept the glass to his mouth. "That slimy shit thinks you're going to accept his offer now." Said henry into his glass so that no-one could read his lips.

"I'm aware." Said Sarah coldly.

"He may back out if you insult him." Said Henry carefully.

"I know." Said Sarah in a sigh.

Henry's eyebrows furrowed. "I'll find another donor. That arrogant ass can drink on his boat alone." Said Henry, anger touching his voice.

"Henry, I can handle it." Said Sarah. The thought of spending a weekend with that slimy excuse for a man sent shivers down her spine, but they've been having trouble finding a donor for the shelter for months. If Henry couldn't find a donor in time, the whole project will fall flat on its face and blemish their reputation.

Henry looked at Sarah with concern. "I'd never ask you to do anything you weren't comfortable with." He said.

Sarah closed her eyes and smiled. Henry was the closest thing she had to a father figure in her life right now. He was probably the only person who truly cared about her wellbeing.

Another server went by, and Sarah grabbed a couple flutes of champagne and handed one to Henry. She forced a smile and said, "I'll be fine. Just make sure he signs that contract before next Thursday. Now let's get back to work.".

The concern on Henry's face remained, but he nodded.

For the next half hour to forty minutes. Sarah and Henry shook hands and made deals with Winsome Bay's elite, securing almost 40% of the funding they needed for the central park restoration project.

Sarah and many of the other patrons turned to watch as Valery Ward walked onto the stage and tapped the microphone, making it cough.

"Welcome everyone to the Ward Foundation's Annual WBPD gala. Please, take your seats.". said Valery Ward in a cheerful tone.

Sarah and Henry found their seats at a table with the other board members of their company.

Valery Ward returned to the microphone and began speaking, "As you know, we are here tonight, to aid the brave men and women of the Winsome Bay's Police Department in their fight against the violence that plagues our beautiful city. Last year, we were able to meet our goal of one million dollars in funding for our police department, and as promised, the Ward Foundation has agreed to match those donations. So, without further ado, here he is, the man of the hour and my father, James Ward!"

James Ward rose from his seat at one of the tables occupying the stage. He was a heavier set man in his late sixties, with a full head of salt and pepper hair. Even with his extra weight, the man still had a prominent jaw line that Sarah didn't find completely unattractive.

"Thank you, Valery." Said James Ward before clearing his throat. "Our police force struggles every day to prevent violence caused by organized crime in this city. I know we would like to look the other way and act as though is doesn't happen, but people every day suffer from the scum in this city that constantly rears its ugly head. I believe that our issues are in part due to a criminal lack of funding for those who protect and serve." James Ward said, then raised a piece a paper from his coat pocket. "I would like to personally do my part in fighting the violence in our city by giving this cheque to our dedicated chief of police, Jerry Porter." He continued.

The chief of police, donned in his uniform, rose from a table and approached the stage. The chief of police was a hard-looking man and not well liked by those under him. He was one of the few police chiefs who've ever tried to fight the city's the gangs. Granted, his good will was often thwarted, due to his staff often turning a blind eye to gang related crimes, but the man tried.

Chief Porter and James Ward shook hands while photos were taken of the chief accepting the cheque.

The Chief approached the microphone, said, "Thank you Mr. Ward.", then promptly left to retake his seat.

Henry chuckled beside Sarah. "A man of few words. Oh, look at Ward's face." He said cheerfully.

Sarah could see that James Ward's face was cherry red as he was embarrassingly left alone at the podium. She could faintly see the lines of his jaw as the cherry colored man ground his teeth. James Ward then raised a hand, palm up in surrender and said, "Ladies and gentlemen, Chief Porter!", then too moved to retake his seat.

A panicked looking Valery Ward hastily rose to take the microphone of the now abandoned podium. "Thank you, father, for your generous donation! Um, we will now have a performance from the Winsome Bay symphony orchestra. I'd like to remind you that any of your donations tonight may be made at the desks on the west wing of the hall. Enjoy your night!" She said in a breathy voice.

At the foot of the stage, the orchestra began playing Für Elise by Beethoven.

Sarah watched as the insulted James Ward hurriedly left the stage, accompanied by his bodyguard. They pushed their way through the crowd of elite attempting the congratulate Ward on his charitable donation. Ward and his man ignored the crowd and aimed their way to the main doors.

Sarah pulled out the phone in her clutch, and typed, "He's leaving.", sent the message, then put the phone back. She then got up and grabbed a glass of red wine from the bar. Feeling the need to be alone and out of the noise, Sarah walked into the art gallery in the east wing of the hall.

The gallery was a literal maze of paintings and sculptures, and thankfully only a few couples moved around inside.

Sarah continued to walk deep into the maze until she was alone from even the few other guests in the gallery. She stood in front of a large painting of swirling red and black, and waited for the familiar vibration of a text message.

"There you are." Said a familiar voice.

Sarah looked over her shoulder to find Shawn Miles. His complexion was sweaty, and the way he swayed was a dead giveaway to his overindulgence in alcohol tonight. She ignored him and went back to looking at the painting. She hadn't heard him coming, but soon found his hands sliding under her arms and cupped her breasts.

"What the fuck." Sarah said, looking down to see Shawn's hands over her chest. She tried to turn around to face him, but he instead squeezed harder and pulled her against him. She could feel Shawn's warm breath on her neck and smell the alcohol fuming from it as well.

"You better be on that yacht this weekend. If you're not, you can tell your boss that I no longer have interest in housing the city's vermin." Shawn slurred.

"Mr. Miles, I ah..." Sarah began, but gasped as Shawn abruptly pinched her nipples through the thin fabric of her evening gown.

"These are magnificent, I honestly didn't think they were real." Said Shawn, fondling Sarah. "You know, I don't think I'll wait till this weekend. I'll take my taste of Henry's whore right now." Continued Shawn, who's hand reached under the fabric covering Sarah's chest.

Sarah shuttered as she felt the clamminess of his hand on the skin of her breast. She was about to break her wine glass into Shawn's head when another voice called out, "Is that man bothering you?".

Both Sarah and Shawn looked to find a handsome man in a tailored tux walking towards them.

"Mind your own business!" Shawn tried to yell but was cut off halfway in a choking cough. The man grabbed Shawn by the tie and threw him at the floor face first.

Shawn rolled over, has face livid. "You dare lay a hand on me?!" he snarled, while beginning to get back up.

"I'll do as I please." Said the man, kicking Shawn back down onto his ass. "Now, go find someone else to piss off." continued the man.

Shawn starred hard at the man but flinched when the man raised his fist to strike Shawn.

"No, don't!" Said Shawn in a shriek. He then rolled to his hands and knees, crawling to get distance from the man before getting up and turning around. Now thoroughly embarrassed, Shawn looked back, his face blotchy with tears in his eyes. "I'll ruin you if you think you can bully me." stammered Shawn, trying sound intimidating.

"You don't what to find out what happens if you try." Said then man, giving Shawn hard glare while taking a step forward.

Shawn backed up, then in whimper stumbled out of the gallery.

The man looked to Sarah. He had jet black hair and grey eyes. His suit drew attention to his wide shoulders, but they didn't need too, Sarah could see that he was a heavily muscled man. The guy was hot.

"Are you alright?" the man asked.

Sarah took a sip of her wine. Then unashamed, she let her eyes wonder over him, noting where his suit hugged his body in just the right way. She raised her eyebrows, impressed. "My hero." She said.

The man laughed, then looked to the hallway where Shawn escaped. "I'm sure he's in a better condition than if I had left him with you." He said, looking back at Sarah.

Sarah glanced at her glass with a devilish grin. "Perhaps." She said.

The man held out his hand, and said, "Thomas.".

Sarah shook his hand, and said, "Sarah. Pleasure to meet you.".

"Likewise." Said Thomas, smiling.

They held each other's gaze for a long moment, before Thomas coughed, turning to look at the painting. "It's a beautiful piece." He said.

Sarah looked to the red and black painting, only just now taking the time to admire in the detail. It was a nice piece of art. It had a chaotic emotion to it yet maintained a balance of colors. Sarah found that it had a similar resemblance to a Yin and Yang symbol. It didn't take long for her interest in Thomas to outweigh her interest in the painting and in the corner of her eye she could see that he felt the same way.

"I take it you're not a fan of crowds?" asked Thomas.

"I can handle them fine, but I occasionally like to avoid attention." Said Sarah.

Thomas laughed. "I can see how that's working out for you." He said.

Sarah rolled her eyes. "There's always some assholes thinking they're entitled to something at these things." She said annoyed.

"I can go." Said Thomas pointing over his shoulder to the exit.

Sarah eyed Thomas. "Feeling entitled?" she asked, a bit of playfulness in her voice.

Thomas moved close to Sarah and put a hand on the small of her back. Gently, Thomas took the wine glass from Sarah's hand, drank it, then looked her in the eyes. "I don't know, am I?" he asked, grinning.

Sarah smiled. "You could be." She said, looking in Thomas's eyes momentarily before she grabbed the back of his neck and pulled him into a kiss.

They kissed deeply. Sarah and Thomas pulled each other close, neither allowing space to form between them. Sarah's hands went to his chest, loving how solid he was, then racked her nails over his tux, her body filling with need. The hand Thomas had placed on her bare back, slid down under her dress and pulled up on her thong, the garment pulling against her flushed sex.

Sarah gasped in reaction, then bit at Thomas's ear.

In turn, Thomas pushed Sarah against the painting, his hands grabbed her hips and pulled hers against his own. She could feel his desire to take her right there, his manhood straining against the confines of his pants as it reached out for her.

Thomas's hands cupped Sarah's face and he looked into her eyes. Then their foreheads settled against one another as they breathed heavily.

"I have a room upstairs." Thomas finally said.

Sarah kissed him again then asked, "Why are we standing here then?".

Thomas smiled, then took Sarah's hand and quickly walked out of the gallery, towards the hall exit. Sarah caught a glimpse of Shawn as they passed by, smiling as she saw his face flushing with anger at the site of her and Thomas.

When Sarah and Thomas reached the elevator, the doors opened to reveal an elderly man standing inside.

SaraNoir
SaraNoir
21 Followers
12