Shadow of The Wolf Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Pam's arrival was a blessing and a curse; in the immediate, she prevented Alex's brothers from asking more questions, but was another full human to prevent from learning their shifter secret, at least for now. She breezed in, said hello to Alex's brothers, and told them to 'stop fucking around,' those were her exact words. She then sidled between Jake and Rance and introduced herself. The disgruntled expressions on Alex's brothers' faces was so funny, Alex could not help from snorting in amusement.

"So, I finally meet the man who had succeeded where other men had continuously failed." Pam smiled coquettishly and ran her eyes appreciatively over Rance. "So, big guy, what is your secret?" She looked behind her where Alex stood shaking her head. Pam cast an impish smile her friend's way, "Besides the obvious, I mean." She looked meaningfully at Rance's crotch, wiggling her brows.

"Pam! Behave." Alex knew her friend would say something outrageous. She did love to shock people.

Walking up to her friend, she lightly shoved Jake and Andrew,who was standing with their arms crossed over his chest, out of the way.

"Later." She told her brothers and they nodded, understanding that they were not yet done with the interrogation.

"I'm behaving. I'm just saying. I know you don't get swayed by a pretty face or the size of a man's pockets. Although Rance here is very pretty and super rich," Pam raised one of her perfectly waxed brows. "So what gives? Suddenly you're in a serious relationship and already moved in with him. You're engaged to be married next month. It's a little crazy, girl. That's why I want to know what is his secret." She turned innocent eyes to Rance.

Rance smiled indulgently at Pam, ignoring the brothers seething in silence in the background. "Simple. She was born to be mine and I to be hers."

Lifting his hand, he urged Alex to put hers in it and laced their hands together. Smiling down at his mate with his heart in his eyes, he said, "She's the other half of me." He faced Pam and said, "And I love her and will devote my life to making her happy."

Pam searched his face, then smiled brightly. "Good enough for me." Pulling Alex in a tight hug, she whispered in her ear, "Wow girl! You really hit the jackpot. Your man is good looking, and in touch with his emotions and not shy about it." Pulling away, she said loudly, "Congratulations! Isn't there any champagne to drink around here?"

Rance called Frank and asked to have a few bottles of Dom Perignon Cristal Brut 1900 brought to the sitting room. Hurrying to do Rance's bidding,, Frank brought the bottles and popped the corks. Giving everyone a flute full of the smooth and delicate bubbly, he departed. Pam raised her flute and in a ringing voice said, "To Rance and Alex!" then drained the content of the glass, as they all followed suit.

Pam went to both Jake and Andrew and exuberantly hugged them both. "It's good to see you boys in one place. Sorry I missed your mom's birthday." She walked over to Devon and ruffled his hair affectionately, "So how is school? I hope you're not slacking. I'm sooo looking forward to having you as my doctor in my old days." She winked outrageously at the blushing Devon.

Growing up, Pam had been a regular visitor in the Grants' home, so she was comfortable with the brothers. The Grant siblings considered her an adopted member of the family, more like a pesky older sister who played all kinds of practical jokes on them when they were growing up. Pam stayed through the rest of the afternoon, catching up with Alex's brothers' lives and sharing humorous anecdotes of her trip. She left after eating dinner with them. She'd spent the whole time chattering away and basically monopolizing Alex's and her siblings' time and attention. The brothers trailed after them as she gave Pam a brief tour of the mansion and the surrounding grounds. Pam was due to come back next week and stay longer. Her friend came to surprise her straight from her business trip. And according to her, they would leave again immediately to finalize the business that took her away in the first place.

Only after Pam left did Andrew and Jake forcefully demand a full explanation. After pinning them and closing their mouths off, she had Rance shift so they'd see for themselves that they were not in any way delusional, and that they truly were shifters. Shocking her brothers might be the only way for them to take it all in. She knew that, given time, her brothers would learn to accept and love her new family. For now, however, she had to put up with their wariness and vigilance.

She hoped they'd get over it soon though, since the wedding would take place in less than three weeks. She would not put it past her brothers to get it in their heads to kidnap her just to get her away from Rance. She wondered how her parents would take the revelation once she told them the truth. She could only hope that they would respond differently than Andrew and Jake.

For now, she was happy that her brothers were busy down in the gym. Some of the pups they'd met were sparring with them, probably taking the mettle of the young pups, so she took the opportunity to escape to the garage. Not that she was left alone, of course. She knew that Troy and another beta stood guard right outside the bay doors. She figured she'd start working on the 1959 Austin Healy 3000 that Rance bought for her the previous week. It was a restoration project that she was looking forward to; she did love restoring old British cars.

The body of the car was intact and did not look that bad; a few rust spots here and there. She would strip the paint and sandblast all the rusted parts and see if they were still good to use, and if not, then she'd order new parts for it. For the moment, she had taken out the engine and was busy cleaning it and inspecting for any bearings that needed replacing.

On the other side of the garage, Raphael was busy tinkering with his Mustang. She had given him a few pointers on rebuilding the engine, but left him alone to do it himself. She figured he would feel better working alone.

Alex, ma petite. Rance broke into her thoughts just as she was immersing herself in the work before her.

Huh? She replied, hands still busy with the dismantled engine.

I heard your brothers are busy with the pups down at the gym.

Did you now? She replied with amusement.

I went down there to confirm. And it seemed like they were all having fun beating each other up. So, since you're all by yourself, I'd love to have you join me for an early lunch here in the arboretum. The weather is great for a picnic. I've got all your favorites. Rance enticed her by sending a vision of a wicker basket sat open on one end of checkered blanket with a lavish spread of food under the sheltering canopy of a tall apple tree.

Wow. You've convinced me. Just let me clean up first and I'll come over right away.

Rance chuckled, I knew you'd come.

Was there any doubt? With my appetite on overload, I'm constantly hungry anyway. Add in the appealing presence of my mate to share the meal with, then I'm totally sold.

Alex went to the bathroom in the garage and cleaned off the grease covering her hands. She hailed Raphael, and told him she was off for an early lunch. The young pup waved back and thanked her for her advice earlier. Her bodyguards met her at the open bay doors. Obviously Rance had told them where they were going already. Troy fell into step beside her while Xander walked behind the couple. Looking over her shoulder she motioned him to join them. Smiling, Xander acceded to her request.

"I saw Luc this morning. He looked better." Alex broke the silence as they walked to the arboretum.

"Yeah. But his stubborn hide won't put up with the coddling. He wanted to go back to guarding you," Troy answered with his usual good humor.

"Oh, he can stand to rest for at least another day. I'm not planning on taking a run in the woods anytime soon. And I doubt if your Alpha would let me away from the mansion without him anyway."

"A good point there," Troy replied, "but try telling that to my brother. Armand had to threaten him with silver manacles to keep him from leaving the clinic."

"And how did he take that?" Alex asked.

"With less aplomb than you'd expect from my normally composed sibling." Troy grinned.

Shaking her head at the obvious enjoyment in Troy's voice, she turned to Xander. "How was the interrogation going? Did you find out anything new?"

"Unfortunately Regina, they are proving to be closemouthed and stubborn. The Prime had been relentless but still nothing," Xander replied efficiently.

They chattered on about inconsequential things until they reached the entrance to the arboretum. Then the two betas halted and stood on each side of the entrance, making it clear to Alex that she was to enter alone. Nodding her head in thanks, she smiled and waved at the two.

"I don't think you need to stand guard. I'm perfectly safe with your Alpha. You can go and ahead and get lunch too."

"But --" Both Xander and Troy argued.

"No buts. As your Regina, I command you to go." She stopped long enough to pierce them with her gray eyes.

Nodding, both Troy and Xander retreated and headed back to the mansion.

"And don't come back until I call you," she added hastily at their retreating backs. Pausing in their stride, they looked over their shoulder and nodded.

Alex turned and entered the arboretum. She sensed Rance's approval as she picked her way through the trees. She saw him standing tall next to the spread blanket, looking oh so scrumptious. She never got tired of looking at his masculine form.

Rance wore a grin. He knew what his mate was thinking, and he approved wholeheartedly. He ran appreciative emerald eyes over Alex. Dressed simply, she exuded a raw sexuality that never failed to make him hard as a rock. Even now his erection tented his pants. Rance shifted to give room to his elongated cock. There'd be time to satisfy his carnal hunger. The sensuous glint in Alex's eyes indicated she was as famished for him as he was for her.

They started the morning with him eating her delicious pussy out and making love, their passion for each other was growing every day, with no indication of diminishing.

"Come, ma petite. Your lunch awaits." He waved his hand at the food spread out on the blanket.

With a carefree laugh, Alex launched herself at a run at Rance, jumping into his arms at the last second. Rance braced himself as Alex jumped, easily catching her. Her laughter and enjoyment were contagious. His mouth quirked in a smile and twirled her around several times before letting her down slowly. Her body slid down sensuously over him. She did not miss the hard evidence of his desire poking at her upper belly. Looking up at Rance from under her lashes, she smiled and rubbed up and down on his erection. Alex lifted up on her tiptoes and then slid back down low enough so his crown got abundant pressure from her mound.

Rance's breath caught at the pleasurable feeling of his mate's body rubbing him. The delicious smell of her honeyed depths stirred by the gentle breeze, ramped his desire more. His wolf yipped in satisfaction at its mate's demonstration, it was akin to her wolf lifting her tail and baring her sex to her mate.

Grabbing her tightly, he muttered, "You minx. Stop or we won't enjoy the lunch I had the kitchen staff prepare for us." He kissed her ravenously, belying his words.

"We can enjoy it later," she panted in between kisses, "after we have satisfied a more carnal appetite." Rance was peppering her face with tiny kisses. Then he lapped at her lower lip and insinuated his supple tongue in between. Alex closed her lips over his tongue and sucked hungrily, letting her own tongue slide and tangle with his.

She enticingly ran a finger up and down his tented pants, still amazed at the heft and length of her mate's erection. Not content, she lightly grasped his cock through the fabric and squeezed rhythmically. Rance clenched his jaw and fought valiantly to keep from sweeping the food off the blanket and laying Alex down.

His mate needed to eat; it was a mantra that he repeated in his mind on and on to leash his rampant desire. Alex's tinkling laughter broke through his preoccupation.

"Alright, I give in. You can feed me food, but after that your ass is mine." Alex smirked at Rance.

"I'd gladly satisfy all your cravings, my sweet." He replied with a twinkle in his eyes. "But remember, your body demands more fuel, since you carry the baby inside you. And it's better not to wait to eat until you're hungry." He sat at the corner of the blanket and watched Alex take off her shoes and plop herself down.

Alex appreciatively inhaled the appetizing smell emanating from the food in the middle of the blanket. Rance took a plate and piled food into it. Smiling her thanks, since her mouth was presently occupied with chewing the food in her mouth, she watched Rance make a plate for himself. The heat of their desire simmered between them as they ate. It was banked for the moment, but could flare up at any given time.

They talked quietly about the situation with the rogues, touching briefly on Luc's status and the how the pack was receiving her brothers. Devon was exuberant in his pursuit of scientific explanations on the shifter's existence and difference with humans. Her other two brothers on the other hand were noticeably cautious, and diffident in their interactions with the pack.

After eating, they packed the food away. Rance lay down and motioned for Alex to lie next to him. Extending his arm out, he urged her to use it for her pillow. Willingly, Alex complied and rested her arm across his chest. The quiet thump of his heart lulled her and the vibration of his voice relaxed her enough that she fell asleep.

The rhythmic breathing of his mate clued him to the fact that she was now peacefully sleeping in his arms. He pulled her snugly to his side and pillowed his head on his fisted hand. It was a beautiful day to spend with his mate. If only it was not marred by the constant concern about the rogues, and this Pretender.

******

"Here, put her in this bed." Dr. Armand Marchal urged Malik, who was holding the unconscious girl.

Malik gingerly laid her down on the pristine white sheets covering the narrow hospital bed. "Do you need any help with her?" he asked the doctor.

"No, I can manage. One of the pack nurse will help me with her." He took his stethoscope and listened to her heart and lungs. "What happened to her?"

Malik shrugged his broad shoulders, "I have no idea." He nodded briefly at Nita who sidled next to Armand to assist with the girl. "We found her at the edge of the pack lands. She was slumped in a heap, naked. She smelled shifter...and yet not. Obviously not from our pack. I thought it best to bring her here to get medical attention. Maybe she belongs in another pack or pride."

Armand motioned for the nurse to take the girl's blood pressure while he inspected the bruises, cuts and contusions covering her body. "She was badly beaten."

Nodding his head, Malik kept his gaze on the girl on the bed. "I assumed so. The Alpha would want to learn of her, he doesn't condone brutality of any kind. She also smelled off..."

Sniffing delicately, Armand could detect a tang of something unidentifiable in the girl's system. She gave off shifter scent of undetermined breed and something else, "I know what you mean. Did you tell the Prime yet? I know the Alpha is quite busy with his brothers-in-law in the estate in addition to the Alpha Council."

"Yes. He will be here anytime now. I called him on my way here after finding the girl. He's busy with the rogue prisoners."

"It's a little convenient for her to be found near the pack lands. Do you think that she's in any way connected to what's happening now?" Armand raised a valid point, one that Malik had pondered on the way to the clinic.

"I thought of that too. If so, then she might be the break we're looking for. She could shed light on the mystery of this Pretender."

Nodding his head, Armand looked at the pitiful picture the girl made on the narrow bed. She looked half-starved. Lacerations and bruises covered her from head to toe. He would not be surprised, after he gave her a thorough exam, if he were to later find out that she was sexually violated. Only the most brutal of creatures could do something like this, true monsters who didn't have any conscience or shred of humanity.

"We'll clean her up and treat her injuries. When she regains consciousness I'll let you and the Prime know."

Nodding his head, Malik turned and left the room. He'd stay until he talked to Damian. The girl's scent reminds him of the rogues incarcerated downstairs. He knew that the fortuitous discovery of the girl would prove helpful to their pursuit.

Seeing his Prime bound out of the elevator, Malik went to meet him.

"Prime," he nodded.

"Malik," Damian acknowledged his beta. "What do we know of this girl?"

"Nothing really. She was naked and covered in bruises. No identification or possessions we could find near where I found her. I've already asked to have her prints run in the police database, and also her likeness in any missing persons cases."

"Good. Anything else?"

"Armand is now attending to the girl. He'll let us know of his findings once he's done."

"Good enough for me." Turning, he walked towards Luc's room. "Let me know when the good doctor is ready to talk to me."

******

The delicious wet heat that covered her throbbing left nipple pulled Alex from a dreamless sleep. The rhythmic suckling had a direct effect on her clit, zapping electric pulses to her hungry core, shaking the haze of sleep from her. Digging her fingers in her mate's thick, luxurious hair, she pushed gently at the back of his head, urging him to take more of her mound. The slurping sound was music to her ears.

She felt the cool wind touch her naked flesh, and realized with surprise that Rance had stripped her, and himself, bare. How he managed to do it without her waking up was a surprise. She felt his marauding hands skim down her sides. Pausing at the lower curve of her breast, he let his heat soak in as he feasted on her rosy nub.

Alex writhed, frustrated at the slow progress of Rance's hand. She wanted his hand on her....she needed his hand in her, NOW! Letting her frustration leak through their bond, she grasped blindly for his hand and directed it toward her soaked slit. She could feel her juice leak out and wet the juncture of her thighs.

Rance would not be hurried. He kept his hand's movement languid. Skimming over Alex's smooth skin, he nipped her when she grew insistent and tugged persistently at his hand. She moaned breathlessly as the sensation of his teeth heightened the pleasure coursing through her. Holding on to his massive shoulders, she bent and retaliated by nipping sharply at the lobe of his ear.

"No fair," she murmured. "I'm dying here."

Rumbled chuckles reverberated out of his throat. "I don't think so babe. If anyone is dying here, then it's me." Rance rubbed his turgid rod on her thighs. It was hard and throbbed in tandem to his pulse. The crown glistened with precum and was sensitive to touch.

"What's stopping you then?" Alex asked teasingly, opening her thighs wide for him. "I'm willing and ready. So come and fill me up," she groaned throatily.

Dipping his hand into her mound, he pried her lips open with his finger. "Oh yeah, juicy as ever. I love the smell of your desire. It's ambrosia to me. I could spend hours sipping from your pussy." Rance inserted one finger into her juicy cavern. The wet sucking sound was such a turn on for him as she clamped down on his digit. Pulling out, he watched in rapt fascination his finger dripped with her honey. He then proceeded to paint her nipples and her lips with her nectar. Satisfied at his handiwork, he bent his head and ravished Alex's luscious mouth.