All Comments on 'Shady Pines Resort'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 46 Comments
Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweedabout 1 year ago

Nice story. This brought back some good memories and was a different kind of romance with no negativity in it.

reader1000reader1000about 1 year ago

Flawless. Simple but believable story with two strong backstories. Good character development. Good locale description. Basic family plot. A feel good story. Thanks.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

A beautiful story!

5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Loved it. One of your best to date. Thank you for your efforts to add to our enjoyment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Beautiful story, but then I’ve discovered I really like stories with more “story” than sex. This was perfect balance for me!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Excellent short story. You really hit this one out of the park. Thank you for sharing with us.

dwoelfledwoelfleabout 1 year ago

Lovely tale of finding yourself and finding love. We'll done. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A very nice romance…well written with interesting characters. If I had a nit to pick, it would be the blank slate that was Gary’s history…especially sexual. As written, it seemed that he had no sexual past…just spent his days working. That didn’t detract from my enjoyment of the story, but it did enter my thoughts a few times as I was reading.

IbeSteveIbeSteveabout 1 year ago

Wonderful story. Loved It.

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4uabout 1 year ago

Very well done, I enjoy stories like this. Set in the beautiful outdoors with great characters, love the little boy being the catalyst.

BlueFox007BlueFox007about 1 year ago

Wonderful story. My wife and I bought a “cabin” in 35 acres of forest on a lake in central Minnesota with 350 feet of lakefront forty years ago, and raised our children (and their friends) there. We’ve added on and now enjoy multiple bedrooms & baths, screened porch, two decks, and two eagles nests within 150 feet of the house. These love stories are true, and quite common in the Minnesota forest. Thank you for a wonderful story. Five stars.

inka2222inka2222about 1 year ago

Only 3 stars. It's very well written and pleasing, right until one realizes that the selfish woman used Gary to take care of her and Jim, but never bothered to give birth to any kids that are biologically his. Immediately made me strongly dislike her. SHE got to procreate, screw him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

City folk make good in the backwoods. Prime Hallmark romance stuff! 5 stars

hornier_bastardhornier_bastardabout 1 year ago

I like this story very much. Thank you!

EmotionalEmotionalabout 1 year ago

What an amazing story!

Thank you so much for writing and sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Made me tear up a bit when the judge asked what Jimmy wanted for Christmas....great story with believable characters and gentle action. Most enjoyable read. I do agree that Gray could have had a slighted more "fleshed"our back story regarding his past history with girlfriends or partners but this was not overly necessary...well done..romance is not dead.

Ravey19Ravey19about 1 year ago

Great story, just wondered why they never had a child or two. Some moving passages where Jimmy was involved but the best was his interaction with the judge.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What a negative and narrow-minded worldview inka222 has! Why not view Gary as selfish? After all, he got not one, but two people to help him run the lodge. Is it inconceivable that two people might fall in love and not care a bit about procreating? I found that outcome to be entirely plausible, with neither character behaving in a selfish manner.

teedeedubteedeedubabout 1 year ago

What a rare all around great story. Thanks for sharing.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 1 year ago

We have some idea of Wendy's backstory, but other than working for a numbskull, we don't know much about Gary. No ex-wives, girlfriends? Why no additional children? Jimmy was just eight when he was adopted so it would stand to reason that a discussion on children would have taken place.

Lots of things to like about this story. The descriptive prose is excellent. The story of Gary, Jimmy, and Wendy is a heart string puller for sure. I think the story is a 5* one regardless of my minor quibbles.

SeaReaderSeaReaderabout 1 year ago

Lovely story.

Ignore inka222, who is projecting his personal hostility (who hurt Him?!), and presuming that women should be baby factories. Sometimes one child is the perfect number. Wendy was nothing if not cautious for the care of her son.

Good story, believable characters, situation, and natural dialog. Well done, thanks for sharing.

tangledweedtangledweedabout 1 year ago

Nailed one of my dream scenarios; owning a private lodge on a lake in the woods. The romance with Wendy took a back seat to the bond with Jimmy and the lake, but I can live with that. Being on the shore with a cup of coffee when the sun comes up is all the romance I need.

DINGDONG33DINGDONG33about 1 year ago

Great 😊 super story I really can’t say anything more just great and heartfelt thank

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Not bad, but this plotline has been done before.

OralinatorOralinatorabout 1 year ago

Well done. Keep them coming

jlg07jlg07about 1 year ago

Just a beautiful story! Thanks

KachinaDollKachinaDollabout 1 year ago

Just what I needed on a Friday night - a well written love story to get me in the mood before my hubby came to bed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very nice story .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

outstanding..

texlootexlooabout 1 year ago

Your stories have more of a ring of truth than many on this site. Of course the site is for all types of fantasy, but I do love a real romance. Despite being a guy, I have read hundreds of paperback Harlequin romances over the years. This felt like like one of those. Someone commented that the story has been done before. I am in my 50s, and have read thousands of books of all genres. Trust me, all stories have been done before. When you are writing category romance, the formula is not a weakness, but a strength. The reader goes in wanting to feel the flush of first love, the tension over whether it is real, or not, then the payoff of a happily ever after. You delivered that. 5*

stewartbstewartbabout 1 year ago

Everyone has a fish story ... but it isn't always true to life ... but some of us are luckier than most ! A good "tail".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Best story I’ve read on this website in a long, long time.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Choked me up again! Lordy I am enjoying reading your stuff!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I'm enjoying reading your stories, thank you!

Polly_DollyPolly_Dolly11 months ago

Doggone it, you done did it again. Brought a tear to both my good and bad eye. Terribly embarrassing when I haven’t been drinking. Not a big fan of the romance genre in, um, general, but your writing has me rethinking that.

Love the natural progression of your storytelling and narrative explanations always serve rather than tending to detract from the flow and arc. Never leaves the reader (this one at least) feeling like an idiot but instead happily learning something new.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen1510 months ago

Superb story! Not too sweet but beautiful.

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNo10 months ago

A top notch story! My second time reading it. I'd forgotten who its author was but remembered the story, and enjoyed it just as much as the first time through.

OnlyInMyMindOnlyInMyMind9 months ago

Most of your stories are good. Just something about this one took it one step further. Really touching without being maudlin. Great job.

Foggybottom81Foggybottom813 months ago

All you needed to improve the story was a big old dog playing in the snow!

HansTrimbleHansTrimble3 months ago

This story made me feel warm all over. Beautifully written!

Hans

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Gotta read more of your stories

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...