All Comments on 'Shaping Our Lives'

by sandy_paris

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
RastanuraRastanuraover 4 years ago
Well

It's long but worth the work to read. Many tears, smiles and much envy. Thank you.

MaonaighMaonaighover 4 years ago
Bravo!

Another great contribution, Sandy. You've created quite a family saga with this ongoing tale and I'm sure your next chapter will match up to what you've done so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
ok

I am sure this was good, however for me it was too long I made it to page 3 then skipped to the last page I don't do good with long stories unless it grabs me on the first page

metroalmametroalmaover 4 years ago

OK it is long, but for those who can't take the time, put it down (if you can) for a day or two and read it in three or four goes . . . The rest of us love the circles arcing back, spiraling, and spinning.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Um

What in the world happens in these stories? Many parts of this were completely unbelievable, and I think this entire series is better suited in the ‘Incest’ section.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
story

I read this from page one to the very last line I could not stop reading this and all the others you wrote FANTASTIC, reading will be on tender hooks for your next story do not worry about others who cannot read all the pages they just cannot understand all the everyday happenings in there lives. Thank you I really enjoy all your stories I am a fan of yours Sandy

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I love your work

Please write more. This was so beautifully written just like the others.

alexwatson62alexwatson62over 4 years ago
I`VE READ ALL OF YOUR STORIES ...........

....... and I have to say I look forward to reading many, many more.

Really well thought out, and the spacing of the story over a few years was great as it delivered at least a decent sized portion of their lives.

As for yet another who comments as "anonymous", if you bothered to actually DIGEST the story, they were NOT blood sisters although they were brought up together, therefor no actual incest.

As for another anon comment, it was made clear that this was a longer and more involved story in the preface.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Loved it

Brought tears to my eyes on more than one occasion. Would have been excellent even without the sex. Does such sex actually exist on a regular basis?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

loved it thank you looking forward to the next one read all of them now best wishes shayne

BillyslateBillyslateover 4 years ago
Amazingly Awesome!!!

Thanks so much for the "Shaping Our Lives" story, which was absolutely divine reading. I had previously suggested that you consider writing about "Little Milly's Life", which you informed me was actually WIP. I am just so pleased with this Romance Story sequence involving 4-generations, spurred by Milly Scott-The New Assistant.

Totally All 5*-STAR Performances & Will Eagerly Await Your Next Love Story!!!!

Air_DryAir_Dryalmost 4 years ago
All Choked Up

Very nice ending. I just wish I had read it before I read Izzy and Emily.

ukdukeukdukeover 3 years ago
Glorious.

So, so wonderful!

Just beautiful. These stories deserve a wider audience.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Can I donate a big box of commas to you and other observations...

I read a sentence that demanded two commas, or maybe one and a semicolon; it was not unique, there are any number of similarly abused sentences in each of your stories. You really should consider having your stories proofread by someone - that would also sort out, hopefully, those sections, toward the end, where Sophie suddenly became Jane, or when M suddenly called Fiona 'Mom', which she hadn't before and didn't again after.

In all your stories I've read to date you've had a problem with love; not with hiding or withholding love, but with having your characters declaring their love. In fact while many couples give up telling each other they love them, yours go on about it incessantly. On and on and on... Normally I would say it is a good thing, there really is not enough love in our lives, but your main characters are becoming boring because they are constantly telling and retelling the reader just how much they love their partner, sometimes two or three times in one paragraph! I swear that your stories could be maybe a fifth shorter if you knocked off explaining how much love M had for Sophie; I went back over one early segment and in around 70-odd lines (I'm reading on a phone so your stories usually come in at around eight pages long) there were eleven declarations of love! If it wasn't for the fact that this is fiction I would possibly be wondering if the lady doth protest too much, to quote Gertrude, and that you are either trying to convince yourself or hide some untruth behind these declarations.

In earlier stories you fell back on using and reusing tragedy as a plot base, and now you've used basic incest twice (and just to clarify, there are stories classified as incest on this site that tenuously fall into that category for me, like getting intimate with an uncle's second wife's adopted step daughter, so adopted non blood-related siblings would still count) I hope this is now out of your system! Daughters of sister-daughters (blood related or not) is one thing; but sister-granddaughters of sisiter-daughters will become even more unbelievable.

Also, I've given up trying to keep track of the timeline now; all the way through I have taken everything as being present day even though the Milly storyline could actually be stretching to 60-plus years? But, in this day and age, if any one group of employers is going to have taken on the concept of combating sexism in the workplace it would be solicitors/lawyers, who would take great pleasure making lots of money from it. If, of course, they managed to overlook the scandal of non blood-related incest, even if that ruins the plot.

Otherwise keep up the good work!

Lexi

sandy_parissandy_parisover 3 years agoAuthor

Anonymous - Lexi

Thank you for your comments on all of my stories to date. I now use Grammarly (since this one was published) and it keeps telling me to take commas out! Good editors are hard to find, I'd like one who edits and does not try to persuade me to go off into some wild tangent or suggest that my characters should have larger breasts!

The storyline/timeline is one area where I stretched reality, but hey it's fiction, and I'm writing for my own pleaseure, but I like to share.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 3 years ago
Yes another great story

As have been reading the storys until now following your order, I'd confess that the "Milly Scott" series was much more detailed, more connected into each other characters with emotions love empathy .... This story here just on the last page had the shine of the Milly scott story ..... It was nice but you have done better ..... It was another 5 star story for shure, its not negative its more that i was missing your soul in this story

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Your Stories

I have read your stories again in the last few days and I Love them.

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 3 years ago

I loved this very much. M and Sophie are beautifully drawn. I was grateful that you told us there would be no tragedy, as after Milly Scott, I was not sure I could have borne another one. You delineate this love story beautifully and I was delighted to see their relationship mature and succeed. I love your writing. Thank you for sharing your talent with us all. 5 stars all the way.

krystinefaythkrystinefaythabout 3 years ago
Just amazing

The way you breathe life into the characters, and weave your stories together is a joy to experience. Thank you for your work and talent, and sharing it!! well done again!!

reddbunnzreddbunnzabout 3 years ago

First , this is the perfect sequel to the Milly Scott series. I thought it would never be topped. This story did not exactly top it. It just extended it into a different generation. Another real page turner. Only, this one did not have a tragedy. It played on the characters from the Milly Scott tragedies and turned them into loving and caring characters. Thank you very much for all five stories. Now, I cannot wait to read about Izzy and Emily.

KingrangKingrangalmost 3 years ago
Sad I could not vote for this.

I think you are the most compelling author on Literotica.

dragonlover1dragonlover1over 2 years ago

sorry it took me so long to find it - this is a brilliant continuation of the family tale. it was so nice to read about Millie's old story and having it published to join the others ever since i first read the Milly stories i have been mesmerized with your writing

WolfieLickWolfieLickabout 2 years ago

Wonderful novel. It continued perfectly from the last and had me in tears from the joy and the few sad parts. I feel so lucky that I have been able to read your work. I hope you are very proud of what you have achieved as we the reader are of you. 💋💋💋

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Yes (Lexi), the timeline thing gets a bit of getting used to, I’ve found too. Sandy generally avoids references that would date the stories, but the very first Milly story has a reference to Katy Perry’s “I Kissed A Girl” (released 2008) which would probably mean this story is set in at least 2050. Similarly, in the Amy/Dee stories there’s mention of a student being bought a laptop in what would be about 1985 if we were to work back! I think we just need to accept that these stories take on board a parallel planet which is travelling much faster than we are and therefore time is going more quickly for them 😛 Signposting would have been useful. Still, a very impressive body of work.

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusabout 2 years ago

Thank you for this further foray into the Millyverse -- not only the ongoing story of Milly Scott and her enduring influence but also the land populated almost entirely by gorgeous women where Sapphic love is the norm. Another 5-star contribution!

That said, I have to wonder: If the entire content of Literotica could be subjected to key-word searches, how many mentions of endometriosis would be found?

You would benefit from an intensive tutorial on punctuation, particularly on the use of the comma. A grammarian a few years back wrote a book called, if I'm remembering correctly, "Eats, Shoots, and Leaves." Her title was based on the distinction between the garden-variety koala's standard diet -- he eats shoots and leaves -- and the murderous koala who crashes the dinner party and eats, shoots, and leaves. By the same token I have a t-shirt that draws attention to the difference between "Let's eat, Bob" and "Let's eat Bob" and concludes that commas save lives.

UncertainTUncertainTalmost 2 years ago

Well I had tears on my eyelids for most of this story. Such a beautiful and treasured tale. Thank you so much.

Nicole2023Nicole2023almost 2 years ago

You have a thing with killing folks with cars lol. I miss Alex, Izzy and Emily. I hope you revisit them again especially with them being in the band

BOBG2844BOBG2844over 1 year ago

Loved the story.

I loved how Sophie and Milly found the love They both had for one another.

I hope the other readers get over any grammar issues, and read the stories for the enjoyment they give. This wasn’t meant to be literary masterpiece.

Thanks again for a lovely story.

Sorry for any errors in grammar

Get over Yourselves

xtrail65xtrail65about 1 year ago

Beautiful, just like The Milly Scott series.

Pacoz_czPacoz_czabout 1 year ago

As amazing as the characters and story of Millyverse are (and that is the most important so 5 stars all around!) the writing style is not my cup of tea. As in it is just too short! It feels like slightly expanded upon bullet points for a great and long story. I could totally see 3 part series just for this one story, each over 40k words long! I understand that life is not just about writing sapphic romance but it has such a huge potential! Then again its just how I like my stories. I am first of all very grateful for your stories and only after that dissapointed that there is not more of it.

dragonlover1dragonlover18 months ago

what a truly lovely story i was really overcome with unshed tears and really look forward to reading about the tales of Izzy and Emily and what happened to them between them living together and the story here.......i am going back to read the Milly stories again for the 5th or 6th time

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai6437 months ago

A really great continuation of the Millyverse!

I love your writing style and look forward to reading more of your works!

Thank you so much!

FlynDutchmanFlynDutchmanabout 1 month ago

A crying mess! Thanks for such an emotionally charged piece of work, that you excel in creating and bringing your readers along for the journey. A blessed journey!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersandy_paris@sandy_paris
Thanks to those who have rated and commented on my work. I self-edit, juse Grammarly and reread my stories many times but still, errors slip through - I apologise for that and hope that it doesn't distract too much. Recommended reading order: Milly Scott 0 - The New Assista...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Izzy and Emily Previous Part
Milly Scott Series Info