All Comments on 'Sharing Blankets'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy11 months ago

Thank you for sharing this story with us!

5

Smiffy69Smiffy6911 months ago

A bit confusing at first with the timeline but an entertaining story, worth reading.

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed11 months ago

This was a meaningful and inspirational story in a place where one does not expect to find such things. Thank you!

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNo11 months ago

Another of the gems that keep me reading here. Your notes at the end indicate that it's at least based on real events. I hope so. But a wonderful story, regardless. Thank you.

A_BierceA_Bierce11 months ago

You never cease to amaze. War came often to Lawrence and didn't stop after Appomattox. You do justice to the brave and resilient people who survived those terribile times. Your font overflows, to our great benefit.

steppinontoessteppinontoes11 months ago

Another fantastic masterpiece. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

This ranks up there with your best stories. Definitely a 5* posting. Thank you.

Ravey19Ravey1911 months ago

Another beautiful story.

OvercriticalOvercritical11 months ago

I was in the mood for a Romance, but not a sermon. As a Romance this was worthy of a 4* or 5* rating, but it ended up being primarily a sermon, so it gets a 3*. Don't preach to you audience!

linnearlinnear11 months ago

Exceptionally well done.

woodrangewoodrange11 months ago

Definitely one of your best and ive read a few

PrfsrPrfsr11 months ago

You are a fine storyteller who happens to write on Literotica.

chick2206chick220611 months ago

to Christiany for my taste

J6480J648011 months ago

very well planned, researched and executed, again!!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

All I can say is WOW!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Not a fan of alcohol or guns, but when you consider the timeframe of the story, it's not bad. At least, until you get near the bottom of page 3 and then all the BS about God and religion starts appearing. As an atheist, this bored me to death and ruined a somewhat good story. They lost their faith, EXCELLENT! They'd finally awakened and realized the truth. But then the writer totally f***s that up. The story is well written and I give the writer 5* for that. The content I give only 3*. Overall, I have to say 1* for the plot and how the story ended. Just my opinion and that's all that matters to me.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I felt the story was too short, I wanted the story of Matthew and Elizabeth's happy family life when they had their first child and so on, something I rarely find on this website.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I am not religious. This story was not religion-focused; it reflected the times, and people trying to survive among tragedy. NOT preachy. I sometimes read literotica for a good short story that I can not easily find elsewhere. The erotica part is incidental in these cases. This story was predictable but beautifully executed. The marriage/sex was just the natural conclusion and the story was great and would have been even without the sex description. 5 stars for a heart=warming tale.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

The story was pretty good, but made confusing right at the outset by a screwed up timeline. After the bushwhacker’s raid in 1863, the author wrote of Elizabeth: “She was just fourteen and in the first stages of becoming a woman…” Given the rest of the story, that makes no sense. More likely, she was 24 and was not in the first stages of becoming a woman, but had already been married (1861). I almost stopped reading at that point, but finally figured out the error and soldiered on.

Comentarista82Comentarista8211 months ago

You wove a great tale of historical fiction regarding Matthew & Elizabeth, and framed the story well around Civil War events of the time. I loved how you provided both redemption and comfort through occurrences and each other.

A few thought this "too preachy," but for the genre and milieu you created, this fit well. There was, however, one glaring error: when Horace preached, he said even Jesus sinned, and the Bible clarifies He was the only human to never sin and be perfect.

You prove your versatility again, and it's incredible. 5

teedeedubteedeedub11 months ago

Pretty risky topics for this website. Great story, well written and thought out. It's a shame that the United Methodist Church has become so divided and antagonistic, much like our country. John Wesley would be ashamed of us.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Ronde,

The beginning was a bit rough for me - sorta like it was setting up cliched characters.

It smoothed out. The verbiage about the religious path was awkward - but not as bad as other authors. 'Was good overall,

I'm still blown away w/ how prolific you've been this yr, and none of it junk. While I could keep up w/ the reading, I couldn't do that & also feedback on each one. 'Bout the time I'd want to write back, there would be 3 more to read and the memory of prior works would fade. By itself, that's a serious compliment & evidence of your achievement. I continue to read each story without inspection.

Bravo & keep going!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I enjoyed the historical relevance of a soldier living the horror of war and the repercussions in the aftermath. I generally walk away from stories that have several pages once you get to the bottom of the first page but I read to the end.

Not a grunt a groan with body fluids everywhere but a life story that I had to finish. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Really enjoyed the character development, especially as Matthew struggled with wanting to keep to himself while needing an avenue (through Elizabeth) to find some release. Felt more natural than it did, dare I say, preordained. There, I said it and not taking it back. Big 5.0 even with the confusing bit near the beginning.

jlg07jlg0711 months ago

Beautiful story of love and redemption!

Alberto_MBFAlberto_MBF10 months ago

To anonymous, it wasn’t an error. It clearly states she was 14 in 1856 when she first moved to Kansas.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Awesome Romance

A fan of historical fiction

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I....am also a minister, as I graduated from bible College in 1986; howeverI have not been behand a pulpit in almost two decades. My ministry now is in encouraging other people when I can, as did the Matthew in this story. I REALLY enjoyed the story.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Good story, vut Jesus never said He sinned. He claimed the opposite which is what made Him able to be the sacrifice for sin.

DINGDONG33DINGDONG33about 1 month ago

Very very very good five stars start to finish

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

The Bible doesn’t say “thou shalt not kill’ , the correct translation is ‘ thou shalt not murder’. A big difference. LM

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...