Sharkbait Ch. 56-65

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"First, you have to understand why," I said. "Corvinus was holding werewolves captive and harvesting their blood, but it was MY blood he craved. He had his familiar force my boyfriend and I off the road, nearly killing him."

"And for that, you killed him?"

"It was preferable to war. I knew that as soon as Alexander found out Werewolves were storming the prison gates, he would drink my blood to gain power. The blood bag had sanguinarine in it before I started filling it with my blood, so Alexander never had a clue. The toxin weakened him, and I took a Japanese sword from his wall to decapitate him."

"The Honjo?" I nodded. "The Japanese people celebrated its return but never mentioned where it came from."

"Emily promised me half of the art and antiques in his office if I would help. She gave them all to me, knowing half was hot, and I'd have to deal with the FBI. She altered the will and made up the 'Sharkbabe Room' to convince them she was the innocent wife." I shook my head. "The paparazzi are on my ass 24/7 now, while she took his billion-dollar fortune and faded into the woodwork."

"You came out all right," she said. "I don't want to be your enemy, Vicki, but I'm not comfortable with you on my territory either."

"I'm no threat to you, Master Caroline. My associates and I merely want to remain in Coronado while we go to school, and Kai is in SEAL training."

"I'd like to believe that, but your behavior is that of a Pack carving out territory. Instead of the four of you, there are two more living with a human, and more wolves staying for weeks at a time."

"I had to deal with threats to Vicki's life," Steven said.

"Amy's mother visited and found her mate in a human friend of ours. She has to be here with him," I added.

"Renting a home is far different from moving into private property," Caroline responded. "Let me make this simple. I will not allow more than five adult werewolves to live in Coronado, and no werewolf will own property there. If you cannot accept that, you should leave."

Kai, Amy, and I were three, Susan four. The twins were underage, but only for another six weeks. Luke wasn't going to come of age this school year, which was good. "There are a few questions I have," I responded evenly. "Makani and Noelani come of age in October and are already enrolled in high school. I would prefer they both stay with their family until the school year ends."

She tapped her nail on the glass before responding. "I didn't tell you who made up the five adults. If you want the twins to stay, another adult needs to leave."

"What about Susan's mate? He owns the home, but he's human."

"The rules apply regardless. If Susan changes him, he's another adult werewolf in my territory, and he cannot own property. Either Susan doesn't change him, or they sell the house and move."

"It's the best deal you are going to get," Steven sent to me.

"I understand and will comply, Master Caroline," I said.

"I would hope so, Vicki. You're far too interesting a person to end up dead." She stood up, indicating the meeting was over.

"Thank you for your time," Alpha Steven said. We shook hands again, and I followed Steven out of the office and to the elevator with his guard. "That was fun," he said.

"They are creepy as hell. I'm glad I can't settle too close to them."

Susan was waiting for us downstairs; we dropped the two men at the airport before heading south towards San Diego. We had a lot to talk about on the drive.

Ch. 60

Things would have to change under the new agreement with Master Vampire Caroline. Day visits were still allowed under the treaty, but overnights we couldn't exceed five werewolves between the two houses. Kai's mother, Kaia, made five; Kai, Amy, Susan, and I all counted for now. We all met back at our place after Jiu-Jitsu practice with the twins and Luke to discuss options.

"Whatever you choose, you need better human security," Kaia said.

"Can Kai and Amy live in base housing?" Susan asked.

"There is a waiting list, and Kai is junior to almost everyone," Amy said. "We get a housing allowance, but it isn't enough to cover anything within an hour of the base. The only way Kai could sign the lease on this place was because Vicki was paying a third, and his parents were covering for the cost of the twins. We can't leave now, not with Hammer's house down the street and the kids in school."

"What about apartments? Maybe a high-rise with security?"

Amy shook her head. "That would work for us and maybe the twins if we got a two-bedroom place, but Vicki is eighteen and a security risk. Vicki would need her own apartment in the same building. Why not get a bigger house?"

"A bigger condo won't help since we can't bring in more wolves," I said. "It's only for eight months. I don't want to sign a lease on something that isn't month-to-month."

"What other options do we have," Makani asked. "If we are going to have to leave when we come of age, it would be better for us to return to the Pack now before school is too far along."

"What do I do if Ricardo is my mate?" Noelani had a look of panic on her face. "I know he's in training, but I couldn't live in Oregon if he is still here!"

"That's another reason not to make firm plans," I said. "Susan and Luke have to stay unless they can convince Hammer to move back to Minnesota. Amy has to stay as long as Kai remains stationed at the base. That leaves the twins or me to stay here after they come of age."

"You're the one who should stay," Makani said.

I shook my head, no. "I won't force you out of school when I'm gone so much, and I have other options. I'm also the one who needs all the security. It makes more sense for me to return to Three Sisters or Miesville and have the Pack protect me. I'll pay for your housing, so you guys don't have to worry about that."

Susan thought about it. "I could talk to Hammer about taking us all in at his place. He still one extra bedroom, a second if he gives up his man-cave."

"I'd never ask him to give up his man-cave, and he hasn't even put a ring on your finger," I replied. "How is that going, by the way?"

"I'm dropping as many hints as I can, but he's clueless," Susan said with a laugh. "I can't marry him until he knows about what we are. I should do that soon."

"After he proposes," I said. "You have time." We needed to split things up a bit. "All right, let's divide and conquer. Susan, you talk to Hammer about us getting evicted and sound him out on at least temporarily putting us up. Makani and Noelani, you two are on Coronado rental search. Look for a three-bedroom home or apartment, preferably with a month-to-month lease. Kaia, I need you to call the Pack and the Council if necessary. Find out where I can go that is close to Coronado without requiring the Master's permission to live there." After all, Packs could be in surrounding suburbs and areas all the time. There were a half-dozen Packs within an hour of the Twin Cities, and Minneapolis had a Master Vampire. "We'll meet up here for lunch tomorrow and go over what we learned. Everyone brings their best option to the table."

With that, I took my laptop out to the patio and sat in the warm breeze surfing the web. I was rich, I loved being out on the water and diving, and I didn't have much stuff. Maybe living on a boat would be a solution? I started searching for yacht leases and didn't have much luck; there were plenty for sale, but not for rent. I needed something with at least three bedrooms, a full kitchen, and enough space to live on for extended times. It also needed to be seaworthy so that I could take it to Catalina or San Clemente Island for week-long diving trips. It also needed room for scuba gear, a crane for a shark cage, and a swim platform in the back. I quickly discounted the houseboat-style that couldn't handle open ocean swells. Looking at the yachts for sale, I couldn't find what I needed in anything under a sixty-foot motor yacht. The bigger boats were more like houses in terms of price, but still far cheaper than a home in Coronado.

I called my Stan Greenberg for advice, explaining to my accountant what I was thinking. "Buying a boat to live on is similar to buying a home," he said. "You pay for slip fees and maintenance, but you don't pay property taxes. You can go from place to place at will, which you can't do with a house. With a big enough yacht, you can be VERY comfortable living on board."

"I don't see any leases available in the range I'm looking at," I said.

"Most owners are trying to sell a depreciating asset, not lease it," he replied. "You have the money to buy one, but if you don't like it, you're the one taking the loss while it's on the market. Here's what you can do. Find one you like that has been on the market for a long time, like six months or more. Maybe they want too much for it, or the market for that type of boat isn't that big. Insurance, maintenance, and dock fees are draining the owners month after month. Offer them a one-year lease with an option to buy at a set price at lease expiration, with cash upfront. They might jump at the chance, hoping the market is better in a year."

It was a good plan, and I certainly had the money to make it work. "I'll keep looking."

"When you find what you want, let me know. I'll go along, pretending to be the buyer. You'll have to disguise yourself, so they don't think they are dealing with a newly rich teenager."

"I'll bring Susan along to play your wife," I said.

"You're the least boring of all my clients, Vicki. Send me listings for the ones you like best, and I'll make the calls for you."

I spent the rest of the day looking for yachts for sale at various brokerage houses within a thousand miles. I had an idea and called my accountant back. "Stan, you know I've done shows for Discovery Channel, right?"

"Of course, Vicki. The latest is in editing now."

"What keeps me from filming on my own and selling it to the network?"

He thought for a minute. "Nothing, but it's all about risk. When the network fronts all the money, they take the risk. The producers pay people to appear and set the budget. If it is successful, they reap the benefits."

"And they make a lot of money off of my appearances," I said.

"True. If you appear again, you could negotiate for a larger cut, but you risk the producers choosing someone else." I did have a following, but no one was untouchable. "If you produced it yourself, you pay all the costs and take all the risks. You would need to form a production company, hire workers, do the filming and editing, then sell the finished product. If it sells for a lot, you make a lot of money. If it doesn't sell, you eat the entire cost."

"But as a business, I could write off expenses against future profits," I said.

"Absolutely."

It would be one big step towards making myself more than just eye candy, and I'd be in control of the final product. I was still worried about how the incident on the research boat would get edited for when the show came out. I wasn't at fault, but the one constant of reality television was that sex and conflict sell. They could make the scene look any way they wanted with the right editing, and I had no right to block it under the contract. "All right, I've found five yachts that meet my criteria. I'm emailing them to you in order of preference." I sent the files along.

"I'll start calling right away and let you know if any are interested in the lease."

We agreed not to say anything over dinner, but I could see Makani and Noelani weren't happy. Once the call was over, I started researching the production of shark documentaries. The articles I found were light on production costs or profits, but I recalled that Bodyglove had partnered in the production of my Cape Cod documentary.

I asked Amy and the twins to join me. "Why do you think people will watch the documentary on sharks I was in," I asked them.

"Cool shark footage," Makani answered.

"It's Shark Week, and it's new stuff," Noelani answered.

"You're a good show host," Amy said.

"There's lots of great camera footage out there, and hosts with far more shark knowledge than me," I replied.

"Yeah, but you're famous, and you can explain things without making people feel stupid," Amy said.

"Now you're getting closer," I answered. "There is one thing I have that the other hosts they considered can't compete with."

"What's that," Makani asked.

"A great set of tits," I responded.

Ch. 61

I cupped my breasts to make the point. "Let's face it; I got hired for the documentary because of my looks. My ability to talk intelligently about sharks was just a bonus, as was my diving. The producers know sex gets viewers to tune in, and viewers drive advertising profits. I want to be the one making the profits, not just the spokesmodel who gets paid to show her cleavage."

Amy looked up in shock. "Isn't that feeding the problem? Using sexual appeal to get viewers?"

"We'd be foolish not to use what we have," Noelani said. "Face it, we could put you two in canvas sacks, and you'd still be hotter 'n Texas asphalt. Your careers could end at any time; Amy could start a family, and Vicki could find her mate and take over a Pack. You should get everything you can while you can."

"I want to be part of it," Malani said. "I don't care if I'm cleaning the gear at night. I'll help wherever you need me."

Amy looked saddened. "I'm not sure how much I'm going to be able to contribute," she said. "I can't drive the boat, I can't be a safety diver, and I'm not a shark expert. I'd be taking up room."

"I'd never leave you out," I said. "I don't care if you just stand there in a bikini looking hot, you're on my team. You're my best friend, and we're in this together." I pulled her into a hug. "Your vision is getting better every month. I have faith you'll contribute."

She looked at me when she pulled back. "You've spent your whole life working to get adults to take your seriously, Vicki. You're finally getting respect for your work, and now you want to sex it up? Won't this throw all that progress away?"

"I'm never going to outgrow the pinup model persona. Even if I get the education, people will still call me 'Sharkbabe' and make fun of me behind my back. Getting my doctorate is a decade away, Amy! I can get ratings AND respect the way I plan to do it." I looked at the twins. "What kind of show is the most popular among teens through early twenties women, the demographic that advertisers want the most?"

"Reality shows," Noelani said with a roll of her eyes. "All those vapid blondes and slutty brunettes, jumping in and out of bed with random men."

I nodded. "Exactly. Reality shows have been popular for decades, mostly directed by men who exploit women desperate for fame."

"So, you want to turn yourself into a reality show?"

"Exactly right. Think back to what I've told you about the two weeks I spent on the research vessel. We got amazing videos of sharks, we had respected scientists, and cutting edge gear. So what ends up getting all the publicity? A dustup between a Neanderthal male and me that ends with him choked the hell out. Even in science, the reality show wins." I stood up to walk around the table, the excitement too much to sit still. "Look at the four of us. Two are eighteen, and two are seventeen, and we all look like models. And what are we doing in the next six months?"

"Working our asses off on tour," Amy said.

"Exactly. You and I will be touring Europe, Africa, South America, and Australia for two months starting in November. Not only do we have modeling shoots and fan events, but we will be diving in some of the best shark waters in the entire WORLD? Why wouldn't we bring along a small crew to capture that on film?" It just made sense to use what we already had planned to capture footage.

"Will Mercedes allow us to piggyback on her events? After all, she's paying the way," Amy asked.

"Amy, Mercedes might pay for some of it! They still do television shows on the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, and it's great publicity for the brand. Millions of people will see the shows and events from behind the scenes. Along the way, we dive with local professional divers and expert academics, tying the educational component into each show. If we do it right, we can do a half-hour show on each location we visit, then sell the entire series to a network for big money. We can call it 'Swimming with Sharkbait' or something."

"Shark Tails," Amy said.

"Dangerous Waters," Makani said.

"Sharkbabes," Noelani added.

"Whatever the name, it's a fantastic idea," Makani said. "Instead of apologizing for our looks, we capitalize on them. We work our asses off to make for good television. The hot bodies will be incidental to the work we do."

I loved that part. "We will control the production and editing so we won't end up with trashy romance and sex. We let everyone see what we are; young, beautiful, talented, smart, and virtuous. Well, except Amy. From all those noises at night, I'm pretty sure Kai's pirate ship has plundered her shores for booty."

"Har de frickin' har," she answered. "I'm married, so it's all right."

"And I'll be dating famous people around the world to stay visible on social media," I said dejectedly.

"What about us," Noelani asked. "How can we help?"

I hated to be the hardass. "Sorry, girls, but you have school this fall. You can't miss months at a time to be with us."

Makani leaned forward, her eyes bright with excitement. "Why can't we take online courses like you two? We could do them while we travel. This is a paid gig, right? We'll work around our job. Mom and Dad will understand that this is a once-in-a-lifetime event."

"And our boyfriends will be stuck in SEAL training with Kai. At least let us try to get permission to go along," Noelani begged. "I'd gladly give up my senior year at a human high school for a chance to be rich and famous."

I looked at Amy for help, and she spoke first. "You can't sign a contract without your parents until you are eighteen," she said. "If you find your mates when you come of age, you will have other obligations."

"It might be a good idea to go online regardless," I said after thinking about it. "School is just starting; if you use the online option, you don't have to change in the middle of the year if you are mated, or we have to move to another city."

"I'll broach it with Mom as a contingency, but I'll need the two of you there to talk to my parents and the Alphas about going along on your adventure," Noelani said.

"Planning isn't quite to the point of handing out contracts yet. If everyone agrees, I'll have to work it out with Mercedes to get you under contract with Bodyglove first. That will ensure you get modeling pay at our photoshoots and appearances and free clothing. Anyone we bring on-board for the episodes would need a short-term contract to get their consent to be in the show, and to wear Bodyglove clothing." I took a drink of my Diet Coke as I thought. "We can make a show that shows little girls that you can be beautiful and smart, and one the boys will watch without their parents being uncomfortable. No trashy drama, just plenty of beautiful scenery in and out of the water."

"How do we prevent sexual harassment like last time? I won't put up with it," Amy said. "Imagine what would happen if Kai saw footage of a guy grabbing my boobs as Brian did to you? He'd kill him!"

I have a plan for that. "We're going to have an all-female crew," I said. "Girl Power is the other half of the idea. Do you think I'm the only blonde who gets underestimated and underutilized because of her appearance? I bet I can find divers, underwater photographers, editors, directors, audio techs, and scientists who would jump at the chance to be part of this project."