Sharkbait Ch. 71-75

Story Info
Mating Problems.
10.7k words
4.83
11.5k
24

Part 14 of the 23 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/06/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
partwolf
partwolf
2,311 Followers

The pace of activities never slowed. I liked the new marina, but we had a LOT to do. The new exercise equipment arrived along with The Tank, my new armored car. It was huge, but Fiona was happy with it. I don't know how much stuff she stored behind quick-access panels or under the seats.

I kept Fiona and Carly on the payroll, bringing them onboard my boat as soon as they could get free. Both of them had SCUBA lessons five days a week with a dive company in the marina area, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. My goal was to get them open-water certified and get them some experience with using underwater cameras. One would also run errands while we were on the boat, at least for what couldn't be delivered.

Amy and I would alternate days on the treadmill and stair stepper in the morning while the twins did their high school coursework. After a late breakfast, we'd all go to the dojo for training, grab lunch on the way back, then the twins would work out while we studied. Amy and I were taking a full slate of classes, but since our schedules were the same, we could help each other study.

I'd finish up my classwork, then dive into my Sharkbait Productions work. Being a producer wasn't easy; I had to make hiring decisions, do budget and payroll, buy equipment, schedule events, and plan episodes. I'd have gone crazy without Linda. She had a few weeks before her next commitment, so I moved her into the Hyatt Regency across the marina from us. I'd given her leeway in choosing her crew, and a week later, she had commitments from the people she wanted.

Makani and Noelani's birthday was on October tenth, and we had to be back on Pack lands for the party. We were flying up Saturday for their party on Tuesday night. Amy was staying behind with Carly since the boys were coming over for the weekend, while Fiona was going home with us.

I didn't envy the twins and what awaited them. As Beta daughters, there were a lot of young males interested in seeing if they were their mate. The party was going to be huge; in addition to the available Three Sisters Pack members, almost two hundred guests would be there. It was a lot of high-stakes sniffing.

There were financial considerations in play as well. I'd convinced Mercedes to offer them modeling and appearance contracts with Bodyglove, but her parents wouldn't cosign for them so they couldn't be signed until they were eighteen. I was planning on hiring them into my show, which would be a lot more fun with four subjects than two.

We'd all warned them about getting too close to Manuel and Ricardo Jimenez, the twin SEAL trainees on Kai's boat crew. Young love didn't allow for that, and every weekend showed how their feelings were blossoming for each other. It was too late to break up with them now. If they found their mates, their wolves would want their mates at the first scent. Their human side might love their sailors, but I doubted they'd give up their mates for them. They'd feel bad, but they'd get lost in the mating and never look back.

The Jimenez twins would be devastated if the girls left on Saturday, and everything was great, then they broke up with them the next Friday.

I had no idea if their mates would also be twins, but I could see them worry about finding them. Would they end up in different Packs? What would happen to their plans? The curse of the female werewolf was uncertainty; in a moment, your entire life would change. On the Alpha's instructions, they were to have all their things packed and ready to ship to their new home if they found their mates. They wouldn't even come back to the boat to move out.

The stress was wearing them down as the week moved on.

It was the same feeling I had when I went to the Alpha Summit back in February. I had a plan for my life, and it didn't include being Princess Puppy Mill somewhere away from home. I let out a breath as I remembered how close I'd come to just that; without the rejection, I'd have been in a leadership mess at Killington worthy of a Werewolf reality show. I'd hoped to get through without finding a mate but didn't.

The girls came down to the kitchen for lunch on Friday, and they could barely maintain focus long enough to heat their beef and rice. "You two need to relax," I told them. "Whatever Luna decided will happen, you can't change it now."

"I know that up here," Makani said as she pointed to her head, "but my heart prays that Manuel is my mate. I want what Amy has with Kai; we'll get to see the world, and he's busy while we're on tour."

"And if not, I hope I don't find another. I want to see the world and have fun before I get tied down to a mate and a Pack," Noelani said.

"I felt the same way when I came of age," Amy said. "I found Kai, and Kai supports my dreams. I pray that you find a mate who loves you enough to let you fulfill your dreams."

"I hope you don't walk through the recreational vehicle area on the way to your party," I said with a grumble.

Amy smacked my arm. "That's not going to happen," she said.

"I know," I said. "No matter what happens, we're going to eat well. Kaia told me they were roasting ten whole hogs in their pits." I couldn't wait.

They needed a distraction, so I pulled out the big board I'd made up of events for our trip. The calendar covered from the last week of October until Christmas eve, all set on a poster-size double-sided page. I'd filled in the events Mercedes had booked using a black Sharpie, along with the flight information between locations. The schedule had a travel day, followed by two to four days with appearances, then an off day or two before the next travel day. "I can't do this all myself," I said. "In each spot, I want to find a nearby dive spot or scenic spot. Research what the best places are, then find out who the experts are in that area. Bring me back ideas and phone numbers so I can start setting things up."

"May as well, all my stuff is in suitcases already," Makani said. "I'll take Capetown, Rio de Janeiro, and the Bahamas."

"Dibs on Brisbane, Melbourne, and the Maldives," Noelani said.

"I'll work on the rest," Amy said.

That and schoolwork kept things quiet until I left with Fiona to go pick up Mercedes from the airport. Since Bodyglove was a title sponsor in the shark documentary off Cape Cod, she got an advance screening copy of the show. We were going to watch it tonight and discuss how Bodyglove could leverage the November premiere into boosting sales.

I waited in the armored SUV as Fiona stood outside, waiting for Mercedes to appear. We didn't wait long, and she climbed into the back with me as Fiona went back to the driver's seat. "Welcome to San Diego," I said.

"It's good to be here, Vicki." We discussed the Bodyglove product line for 2034 the whole drive, one that I'd given a lot more feedback on since I signed. I was excited to see what else we could come up with under their proposed Shark Babe line.

Fiona dropped me at the marina, taking Amy and the twins to Coronado to pick the boys up at the base. Susan and Hammer were in my kitchen when I arrived, already working on dinner. "I'm so excited to see this," Susan said as she greeted us.

"It smells amazing, Susan," I said. "What's for dinner?"

"Fish tacos," she said. "Help me set the table."

We had everything ready when the girls arrived with the guys in tow. Dinner was a relaxed affair, with the guys happy to just sit and eat for a bit. Susan even brought Key Lime Pie for dessert.

We retired to the salon for the documentary, closing the drapes and putting it on the big screen. "How long a show did we get out of it," I asked.

"Two hours at the most, although the network could divide it into two one-hour shows, or even edit it down to ninety minutes," Mercedes said.

Two hours of television time meant only 87 minutes of content, the rest going to promos and commercials. Susan set out snacks as I helped with drinks, then we turned the lights down and watched.

When the credits rolled, everyone started applauding. I had tears rolling down my face; it had turned out better than I thought. I knew we'd captured some amazing videos of sharks from the onboard highlights, but seeing it in a finished form was even better. I know not everyone agreed with bringing me onboard as a hostess, but the screening showed how well it had worked. I'd ask the questions people wanted to know, and the experts would answer. I didn't look stupid; I looked like someone who loved sharks and wanted to know more.

Of course, the drama with Brian was a good fifteen minutes of screen time. The argument was shown in its entirety, using three different camera views. When I stormed out after the fight, the director toggled between me on the main deck and the chaos I'd left behind. I started crying, and Mercedes stopped the screening for me.

"I had no idea it was that bad," Amy said. "All that got released on social media was just the ending."

"Things were much better after he got kicked off the boat," I said. "The other women rallied around me, and the administration did the right thing."

"Nice chokehold," Hammer said. "I can't even get mad at him; you kicked his ass verbally AND physically."

"I think we need a 'THESE TITS' T-shirt," Noelani said. "I'd wear it." I didn't know if it would pass muster, but she was right; that would be the social media tag line for the show.

"Maybe a 'Shark Babe' line of those, swim shirts too," Makani added.

"Let's watch the rest, shall we?" There was more, including snippets from interviews with other women talking about the sexism they'd dealt with in their careers. You'd think that by 2033 we'd be past all that, but no.

The money shot for the special was the underwater view of a Great White attacking a seal on the surface. Breaches in seal attacks had been a staple of shark documentaries for years, but ours was the first where the camera caught the entire attack from below. There were screams and whoops from the others as they watched. "That was AWESOME," Kai said as the credits rolled.

"That's what our competition is," I told everyone. "We can have more fun, but we do need to have compelling underwater footage. Without that, it's just a travelogue."

"We can do this," Amy said. "You just proved it."

Ch. 72

It was a tearful goodbye as the twins left the twins behind, and I said goodbye to Amy and Kai. "Don't break the bed while we're gone," I teased.

"Welded aluminum frame," Kai said as I hugged him. Everything on a yacht was strong and light, so there was a lot of aluminum tubing.

Fiona walked us out to the Tank, which Carly had waiting near the gate to the marina. Makani and Noelani were quiet, while Fiona and I were looking forward to heading back. "I can't wait to let my wolf out," I said.

"It will be nice to visit with family again before we head overseas," Fiona agreed.

We had packed light for three days, while the twins had to pack for a week. If they found their mates, they had to be ready to leave for his Pack, and have enough to last until their things arrived. They were sitting close and needed to relax. "Focus on your breathing, like when you're getting ready to free dive," I said. "Let the nervous energy out with your breath."

I did the exercise with them, helping them calm down. "Luna's choice has already been made. You have to trust her."

Makani looked at me with a 'you've got to be kidding me' look. "That's YOUR advice after what happened to you?"

"Sure," I replied. "Luna matches our wolves, but the human part is the wild card. Timothy has a good wolf: strong, proud, and a mantled Alpha, but his human was an asshole. He couldn't stop his human from his stupid to criminal acts. I feel bad that he's stuck with the two of them now."

"Luna will find you someone worthy," Noelani said. "She owes you."

"My life isn't that bad," I said. "I live on a yacht, I'm rich, and I'm chasing my dreams. I can live without a man, right, Fiona?"

Fiona's face showed pain just before her professional mask slid back into place. She was still on duty until we got to Pack lands. "You can live, but it's not the same," she said softly. "I'd trade my entire life since I came of age for just a few years with my mate. Look at Amy or Susan. It's that big a deal."

"I'm sorry, Fiona. I shouldn't have said that." In trying to make the twins feel better, I hurt Fiona.

"It's all right, Vicki. I've lived like this for a long time. Romance novels and BOB help me through." Bob? Oh shit, BOB! Fiona smirked as she watched my face. "Get a rechargeable model; batteries are expensive." Oh, Luna! I turned red as a beet.

"What do you recommend," Makani asked.

"Yeah, I've just got a basic one," Noelani added.

"The Hitachi is the gold standard, but you should never be without your Rabbit," Fiona replied, and this led to an active debate I refused to participate in. I couldn't believe we were debating the comparative merits of various adult toys with two girls about to come of age.

"Are we seriously talking about this," I asked.

"It isn't 'we' until you tell us what is in your bedside drawer," Makani teased.

"Not going there." I was thrilled when we got to the charter terminal and loaded onto the plane. I put my headphones on and listened to music while I worked ahead on my schoolwork. I encouraged the twins to do the same, knowing their week might turn upside down. Years of training had taught Fiona to sleep while in the air, so that is what she did.

I was glad I did my work early because Kaia dragged me into event planning and decorating for the party. I spent a lot of time on ladders, hanging decorations and lights for the party in the Pavillion by the beach. I begged off the day of the party to help the crew with the barbecue, learning how to do whole hogs over wood coals. With ten to work with, they varied the seasonings and flavors of each. I got to rub up and inject one of them my way, using the recipe I'd developed over the last ten years with Leo.

Guests were arriving all day. They all filtered through to say hello, and for some to get that sniff. I didn't find my mate, but I didn't expect to. After all, most second mates showed up years later if ever, and it had only been eight months for me. It wasn't all bad; three couples found each other, to the delight of the gathered crowd. I tended to my hog, talked and told stories, and watched the area fill up with Pack and guests.

At seven PM, everyone gathered in the back for the party to start. Alpha Steven's direction was to have all the unmated males line up from the back door of the Pack House to the Pavillion. The remaining people stayed well back, between the Pavillion and the lake, giving the line space. Alpha Steven welcomed everyone to the coming-of-age party for Beta Heirs Makani and Noelani Steele, and then the doors opened.

I let out a gasp as I saw the two for the first time today. Their glossy black hair, worn up in a complicated twist, was held in place by a jeweled hair net and pins. Their makeup was perfectly applied, accenting their eyes and full lips, but it was their dresses that stole the show. The sleeveless dresses showed an expanse of tanned skin, the bodice showing the gentle rise of their breasts. The dresses tapered down to their narrow waists, flaring over their hips to end just above the knees.

They were visions in white.

It was a wave of disappointment as the girls walked down the line slowly. Males took a deep breath, smelling their hands, then letting them go when nothing happened. In a way, it was worse than the Scratch n Sniff because everyone was watching you! There was a groan as they reached the Pavillion, where their parents waited for them. Kaia embraced them both, thinking they would be unhappy, but they were all right with it.

"LET'S PARTY," Alpha Steven said, and the band started up. The girls were in constant demand on the dance floor, and I was too. I barely got to eat around all the fun.

After ten, there were fireworks followed by a bonfire. The girls and I traded our dresses for casual clothes, as the stories and drinking began. Couples were starting to leave now, heading to the woods or the Pack House to continue their celebrations; I had multiple offers and turned them all down. I ended up sitting on some benches near the fire. "Alpha, why do some of our kind have such a hate for mermaids? I didn't have any problems with them."

"It's a long story, and Elder Mildred tells it better than I can," he said. He sent a call out for her, and she made her way out to the bonfire to see us. "Mildred is our historian; her great-great-grandfather died in the 1850s, during the last set of Troubles," he said.

She settled herself in, pulling her light sweater around her. "Mermaids? Sneaky little bastards they are," she said. I snorted at her language but listened. "There were mermaids along the coasts and rivers when our Pack first arrived here in Oregon. They had come over with the Spaniards, moving north from Mexico into California and the Pacific coast. The Packs came in later, mostly overland, escaping the wolf hunts and civil war that forced many to flee for new territories. It was inevitable we'd fight over territories; at first, it wasn't bad because we settled in different kinds of places, and our numbers were small. As we expanded and Packs split, we started to contest the best hunting and fishing grounds."

"Mermaids don't have Packs as we do, right?"

She nodded. "Most mermaid settlements had between three and ten people in them, so they could never win a stand-up fight against even a small Pack. If we could get between them and the water, we'd slaughter them. But, if they made it to water, they would disappear."

I sensed the next part. "And the mermaids would come back later," I said.

"Yes. We'd burn settlements and smash their boats, and they would attack our weak spots. Patrols, juveniles, women, they didn't care. They used guerilla tactics against us to great effect. You couldn't reason with them; once they started fighting, the only way to stop them was to kill them. It wasn't long before all Packs had kill-on-sight orders for any Mermaids."

"How did it end?"

"The Gold Rush and the expanding human population made it impossible for us to hide the war any further. The Alpha Council put out an order requiring all Packs to stay at least twenty miles clear of any remaining Mermaid settlements. The attacks stopped within a few years, and that became the peace that has lasted until this day. We stay apart to keep the peace."

I thought about this for a while; it had been three or four generations since that time. "What about today," I asked.

"It's been our practice for so long that most Alphas don't know anything else," Steven said as he pulled his mate close. "I believe that supernaturals should work together where they can, and the Captain and his family struck me as honest people. I think if you treat them fairly, they'll do the same for you."

It was a lot for me to think about. "I'm heading to bed," I said. I thanked them for everything, then said goodnight to the twins before returning to my room.

I'd had my morning run and breakfast before the girls showed up downstairs, hungover and exhausted. I handed them some juice and went to get them plates while they moaned about how they'd 'never drink like that again.' Makani looked at her phone. "We only got three hours of sleep," she groaned. "When do we leave, Vicki?"

"In an hour. You can catch a nap on the plane," I said. I had to get back home to continue my work, so I'd scheduled my return flight before we came. Since the twins didn't find their mates, they were coming home with me. They slept on the way to the airport and the whole flight to San Diego.

They felt better by the time we got back on the boat, and we spent the rest of the week working hard so we could enjoy the weekend. Friday came quickly, and the girls were waiting when we returned with our SEAL trainees.

partwolf
partwolf
2,311 Followers