Sharkbait Ch. 76: Conclusion

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Susan stood and pulled her dress off, shifting into her slightly smaller wolf. She crawled back onto the couch, laying across his legs as he petted her chest and rubbed her stomach, making her tail whap against the cushion.

"There's nothing to be afraid of, you know them both," Makani said as she hugged Ricardo from behind. "Sit down and let her come to you."

"You're one of them too?"

"My whole life. I'm like you, but with the ability to change into a wolf at will. And like a wolf, I have a mate."

Noelani had gotten Manuel back on the love seat by now. "And my mate is you, Manuel," she said.

"And Ricardo, you are MY mate," Makani said as she snuggled in. I walked over to the pairs, letting the guys touch me and convince themselves I was real. When they had calmed down, Emily held up the sheet so I could shift back behind it. I walked to the bathroom to get my clothes back on.

When I came back out, all of the girls were in their wolf forms. "How did you know, Hammer?"

"Your eyes. When you get emotional, they flare just a little. I'd seen it years ago, and I recognized it. After that, it was the little things that gave it away."

"Like what?"

"Like how you were communicating without talking, and how your hearing and smell was so much better. Ian told me about what he could do when we were on a joint patrol with the Aussie Special Air Squadron lads."

"When was this?"

"Summer of 2021, during an operation in the Sudanese Desert. We were pinned down in the desert by hundreds of rebels, and a haboob kept us from getting air support. I thought I was dead when I was down to my last magazine," Hammer said. "Two of my men had already died, and Carl and I were both injured. Ian was the last of his unit still fighting. He tossed me his last magazine, shifted, and sprinted into their lines. I could hear their screams as they fired wildly, tracking his progress as he tore them apart. The rebels fled, and we survived."

"What happened to Ian?"

"He stumbled back to us, naked and bleeding. He had four gunshot wounds and multiple shrapnel wounds; he looked like a horror movie. I talked to him as we waited for the medevac. He was medically retired after being awarded the Victoria Cross for bravery."

It was a hell of a story. "None of you said anything?"

"Half of us were dead, and the rest of us were only alive because he'd wolfed out. He asked us to keep his secret, and we did."

It was a hell of a story.

And as far as the Council knew, no werewolves lived in Australia.

Ch. 81

Emily and I left the four couples in the salon, giving Susan and the girls time to explain everything to their men. It was a good thing we had a long boat ride to and from Catalina plus Sunday because they would need every minute. Emily went up to the flying bridge to talk with Lynette, while I went to the kitchen to speak with Loretta about the party.

Loretta was going to handle all the food and drink and would hire local help as bartenders and waitresses. Given the number of people I expected, Lynette was bringing two extra crew members. "Don't worry about anything but enjoying yourself," Loretta told me. "I love this kind of thing. Sandwiches and snacks are the way to go since you don't have room for everyone to sit at a table."

"Your menu is fine," I said. The staff would board the Good Times in Mission Beach, and Lynette would take us to the Marina just outside the base gates. The class got liberty at four and could come straight out. Linda would be there with her camera people, getting releases from those who agreed as they boarded. Once underway, we would head out of San Diego Bay and down off the Pacific side of Coronado to almost the Mexican border before we turn and head back to drop them off around midnight.

I wanted the guys to be partying and drinking just a few hundred yards from where they will be hauling logs around on Monday.

I left her to prepare breakfast and headed upstairs.

I'd linked with Kai as they were getting on board, letting him know the plan for the party. He was pretty sure most of his class would show, but less than half of them had wives or girlfriends in town. "Do you think you could help with the boy/girl ratio? It makes for a better party."

It was Amy's party, so I took out my phone and made a few calls. The Miesville and Three Sisters Packs had single young females friends of ours; it didn't take much beyond "boatload of hot, single SEALs" to catch their interest. I invited a few single women from the Dojo, and a few models from Los Angeles I'd met at photoshoots. I told everyone to bring their bikinis and dancing shoes and meet at Fiddler's Cove Marina at four. I also booked hotel rooms at the Hyatt Regency in Mission Bay for the out-of-town werewolves; they could ride back to the pier with us since they couldn't stay in Coronado overnight.

Linda would love this; there would be lots of great party footage, with me ending up alone.

Again.

I grabbed a Diet Coke and spent the rest of the time learning about navigation and rules of the road while talking with Lynette. We anchored at Ripper's Cove, a small inlet with a long sand beach only reachable by boat. We were lucky; since this was the off-season, no other boats were present. After lunch, we did some diving in the shallow areas before returning for dinner. The guys were taking it better than I expected; the twins finally had an explanation that made sense for the girlfriend switch. "You tell by the smell," as Noelani explained.

One of the first questions that came up was whether they would become werewolves now. I'd asked the girls not to answer until we were all together; over dinner, I laid it out for them. "Changing a human into a werewolf isn't without risk. Roughly half of the changes don't work out, and we don't know why."

"We're strong and determined, we'll make it through anything," Manuel said.

"And we've buried strong and determined mates before," I said. "Just because your mates are here doesn't mean you get a pass. Once bitten by her wolf, the change begins. Fevers, pain, finally the breaking of bones and reforming of your body. Hours of agony, followed by death, or a successful change."

"What if we aren't changed?"

"There are many pairs who do just that," Susan said. "The bond between mates remains, but it is much weaker than between wolves. You can grow old together, have children who will be werewolves, and never have to take the chance of not making it."

"You won't decide now, either. I'm sure the girls explained the basics of Pack structure to you?" The three nodded at me. "Making the change isn't the end of the process. You need to be under an Alpha to keep your wolf stable, and you need months of training in using your new form. You have to learn hunting, tracking, Pack history, government, and supernatural beings."

"There are more?" Ricardo's eyes got wide.

"Emily's a vampire, and Lynette and Loretta are mermaids," I said. "And that's just on my boat."

"Damn," Manuel said as Emily flashed some fang.

I focused them back on me. "There's a whole world out there you know nothing of, guys. It can wait, though. You two have SEAL training to complete first, and you need at least three weeks of leave before we could consider a change."

"Can we do it here," Hammer asked.

"No. You need Pack lands to run on, and I'm not an Alpha yet." I could see his disappointment; he didn't have Navy commitments, unlike the twins. "This isn't a decision you should rush to make. It's more dangerous than your jobs are."

"And in the meantime?"

"The girls love you, and you love them. That's enough for now, isn't it?"

I hoped it was.

Hammer got me alone on the transit back, pulling me out to the dining table on the fantail. "Susan doesn't want to change me," he said.

"I don't blame her," I said as I handed him a beer out of the cooler. "Did she tell you of her past?"

"Some," he said. "Susan said she used to be a Luna of your old Pack before she lost her mate."

"I don't remember many of the details since I was only five and was just coming into Pack life. My Uncle Leo was Alpha until he lost his mate; Susan and her mate took over the Pack. When Leo got back in the game and formed the Miesville Pack, Susan's mate tried to kill us. He died, and losing your mate is the worst thing that can happen to a werewolf. She had a rough couple of years, followed by another decade of being alone. She doesn't want to lose you."

He leaned back and took a sip, composing his thoughts. "I understand, but it's my job to protect Susan and our family. I can't do that without my wolf, not the way I need to do it. I can't take my place in the Pack, either."

"Susan doesn't care about that, and Leo doesn't either." I could see he was determined to make the change, not wanting to be weaker than his mate. They'd have to work that out between themselves. Long term, they couldn't stay here; Susan would need her Alpha around. "Have you talked about where you will live?"

"Susan wants me to move to Minnesota to be with her Pack, while Luke wants to stay here until after he graduates," he said. "I don't know what she's thinking. I've seen the weather reports! It's like a hundred degrees warmer here in the winter."

I had to laugh at that. "True, but our wolves love the snow, the forests, and the deer. Our bodies run hotter, and our wolves don't like hot weather. It will be difficult to stay here." I summarized what the territorial arrangement was with the Los Angeles vampire. "If you are changed, I'm sure your wolf will be dominant. You'll be in a better place around our kind."

He nodded to that. "We are going back over Thanksgiving. I need to decide by the end of November; the dojo lease is up at the end of the year, and it's a year-long commitment. I'm thinking I'd be better off relocating to the Twin Cities and opening in the spring. We could live at her place until we sell both homes. We should have enough equity to buy land adjacent to Leo and build a nice place."

I thought that would be an excellent plan. California real estate prices were much higher, so he'd do well. "Don't worry about the four of us. We could be anywhere by the spring, and I've got my security team. Hell, we'll be gone filming at least half the time anyway." Susan came out to join us, and we spent some time just enjoying the trip back to the marina.

The next week went by quickly, as we made final preparations for the tour. Linda's team worked closely with the Bodyglove representatives, ensuring we had flights and hotels and activities scheduled. Diving opportunities were limited, so we found local experts in each area and made arrangements to dive with them. We'd spend more time traveling and doing events than diving, though.

I was nervous as we pulled into the marina in Coronado on Friday afternoon. I had a dozen single females from the two Packs on board, all hoping that they'd find their mate among the warriors like Kai and the twins had. Some were already calling me 'The Love Wolfy' after all the people who had found mates around me. "Not funny," I replied. "I think Luna is trying to piss me off with all that."

"She owes you a good one," Amy replied. "You have to admit this is more fun that the Scratch n Sniff. Now relax and enjoy yourself."

"Yes, Ma'am." I went down to the dining area by the gangplank; Linda's camera operators were there with the release paperwork. As people came on board, the team would ask them to sign a release. If they refused, we'd take their picture so we wouldn't show their faces in any video we used. Everyone knew we were filming a reality show, so I didn't anticipate any problems.

A dozen beautiful young women were waiting for us on the pier, all in heels and swimsuits with cover-ups. I welcomed them all on board and let the staff take care of getting them comfortable. Music was playing upstairs, and the place was rocking by the time the guys showed up. When we pulled in lines, we had fifty-eight guests and eight crew on board.

I made sure Lynette passed as close as allowed to the Amphibious Base, ensuring the sailors got a good view of the bikini-clad women lining the rails. Kai's classmates were having a great time getting to know the girls as we motored out of San Diego Harbor.

The food, wine, and beer were flowing as we made the turn, heading south around Coronado Island. The class was lining the rails, alternating spots with the gorgeous women as we slowly passed the beaches where they suffered through their training. I was pretty sure the guys on shore could hear the music as we cruised by. On the return trip, just after dark, we sang "Happy Birthday" to Amy as we passed it again.

The guys only had a few months of BUD/S left, and training was difficult for the two dozen men left. I wanted them to have something different to think about on that beach, or when they were paddling rafts or swimming out to sea. I wanted them to remember tonight.

We dropped most of our passengers at the dock just before midnight, taxis waiting to make sure they got home safe. It was a fun night; none of the werewolf females found their mates, but a few of the humans left with sailors they met.

The next night, our flights left for Hawaii, and the first leg of our tour.

Ch. 82

"On Tour" was a euphemism for "working your ass off."

Hawaii was a good example. We were all sitting in business class, the twins and Amy in the row with me. We worked on our coursework, preferring to do this when we weren't in paradise. Mercedes was along as the Bodyglove event coordinator, Linda had two camera operators with her to handle the filming for the show, and Fiona and Carly were running our security. Our flight left at dinnertime, and with the time changes, we arrived at our hotel in Honolulu about ten PM local time. "Get some sleep because we start shooting at seven."

Waking early, we ran the beach together before breakfast. Mercedes wanted to get shots on Waikiki Beach, with Diamondhead in the background, before the beaches got crowded. It didn't matter; word spread, and the police and our security had to work to keep people back. The photographer started with us on the beach. He shot some basic poses, playing on the same side in a simulated volleyball game, sunbathing in matching chaise lounges, and walking towards and away from the camera. Two male models were also here, and they were in and out of the shoot. When Mercedes rotated us out to change clothes, the photographer kept going with other models.

By the time we finished at this location, it was past noon. Lunch was small and not filling, as apparently my "barbecue gut" wasn't a good look for the cameras.

Mercedes loaded everyone onto buses to head to the next place, which was at the top of Diamondhead. Celebrities didn't get a free pass from the long hike up the trails and through the tunnels to the rim of the extinct volcano, but at least I didn't have to carry any equipment! It was my first time up here, and the view was amazing. Mercedes wanted shots with Waikiki in the background. "It's all about local ties," she told me. "We'll pick a half-dozen or so shots out of today and use them for the local advertising."

After we got down from the summit, we loaded into cars and headed for the North Shore. Getting out at Sunset Beach, we walked down to where the HIC PRO surfing competition was going on. "The next two hours are about meeting people and getting organic photos of you interacting with fans and surfers," Mercedes said. "Don't hang out together, mingle. Social media is our friend here. Every fifteen minutes, you'll change suits in the bathrooms. Three of the surfers endorse Bodyglove, so make sure you're both seen with them a lot."

"I got it," I said as I tossed my cover-up into the van. Linda handed out necklaces that doubled as microphones, so the cameras wouldn't need to be so close and could still pick up the sound. Fiona was going to keep an eye on me, while Amy was with Carly, and the twins would link if they needed help. I'd never been to a surfing competition, and it was awesome. I was recognized immediately, and fans soon surrounded me. I signed autographs, took pictures, and spent time talking sharks with fans young and old for the first hour. Coming out after a bikini change, I spotted Todd Kanoheh, one of the Bodyglove surfers who had just finished his heat, coming out of the water with his board. He was young, only seventeen, but he was making a name for himself. He was only five-feet-eight, but his curly black hair and wide smile had me relaxing immediately.

He'd finished second in his twenty-five-minute heat, riding five waves, the top two scores counting. He smiled waved at me, then told the security guy to let me through into the contestant area of the beach. "Vicki Lawrence," I said as he invited me to sit by him on the bench.

"Todd, I'm your date tonight," he said with a smile. My eyes widened, as I hadn't known who, just that I would be having a public date with one of the Bodyglover surfers. "You won't have problems with me, Vicki. I've seen the videos, and I like my arms the way they are."

"Oh, God," I said as I sat down next to him. "You know we're going to have cameras and everything along."

"Yes, but it's all right; we do what we need to do and try to have fun doing it. Life is short, enjoy the hell out of it, that's my motto."

"No jealous girlfriends to crash the party?"

He snickered. "I'm a little like you; I'm too busy to be messing around with the pro hos on tour."

"And my boy is a gentleman," a Hawaiian woman in her early forties said as she handed a bottle of water to him.

"My mother, Malia," Todd said. "Mom, this is Vicki Lawrence. Mercedes asked me to escort her tonight."

I held out my hand to her, but she pulled me into a hug instead. "You do good things for sharks," she said. "I like you."

"Thank you," I replied.

"Where are you taking her," Mom asked as she fixed her glance on her boy.

"I was going to find out what she liked to do before I made plans," he replied.

"I like to eat a lot," I said without thinking, then put my hand over my mouth when I realized I'd said that out loud. Todd started laughing, and Malia was trying not to.

"Seriously, you lead with that?"

"I'm sorry, they barely feed you on these shoots, and I love barbecue," I said to defend myself. "I love to dive and swim, of course. Dancing can be fun, but I'm not very good at it. I don't like to drink, and I'm not a party girl unless it's on a beach or at a pool. I'm kind of boring."

"Do you surf?"

It was my turn to laugh. "I grew up in Minnesota, a thousand miles from any ocean. I've never even tried."

"You bring her home, Todd. I'll feed her, and then you can teach her how to surf."

"Oh, you don't have to cook for me," I said. "You should know I'll have a director, two camera operators, and a security guard with me."

"They can eat too," she said as she stood up.

"I hate to ask this, but," I started nervously. "I know my friends would love to try surfing, but Amy is married, and the twins have serious boyfriends. Mercedes won't arrange blind dates for them."

"My family will help teach them, and I don't mind," Todd said.

Mom put a hand on my shoulder. "I'll invite more family, and we'll make a party of it. I'm sure they would love to meet you and your friends, and they don't mind going in the water. I'll let everyone know and get started on dinner while you two go meet the fans. Sponsors are an important part of your job, Todd."

"Yes, Mom," he said as he flashed that smile again. He was a good kid. Todd held his hand out for me as he got up, and I held it as he walked down towards the water. We let the camera people take some photos before we spent time together with our fans. Mercedes loved the idea of surfing lessons, and the girls were excited about having a home-cooked meal.