Shattered

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Eric shrugged helplessly, "I don't think so. I think he was wearing his seat belt."

Steve rolled his eyes and then looked to the ceiling. You really don't like me, do you? I don't know what I did, but whatever it was, I'm sorry. With a cleansing exhaled breath, Steve told Eric, "Well, go home and get some rest. I got a few phone calls to make. I probably won't be in due to all of this mess happening."

Eric closed the door behind him, allowing Steve the privacy he needed to make those few phone calls. He called his sons, then her parents, and then her sister. After getting past the emotional trauma, Steve kept up the guise of not knowing the circumstances of the crash. He reserved the joy of explaining the injuries to the family to his wife. I would love to be a fly on the wall during that conversation. Too bad I won't be there.

One final number was dialed.

When the person on the other end answered, Steve said, "Hey, I'm sorry to wake you, but I could really use a friend right now." He thought he would be able to keep himself composed. He thought wrong. Taking a deep breath, he continued, "Would you like to meet me for some coffee? I'll buy."