All Comments on 'Shattering Crystal Pt. 03'

by KingBandor

Sort by:
  • 95 Comments
johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 5 years ago
Good ending

We live with our scars for better or worse.

An entertaining series with effective cliffhangers. Both Peter and Angie were three dimensional and compelling.

BTW, I’ve know multiple endings are interesting literary mechanisms, and often reflect the writer’s ideation process, but as a reader, I feel the impact of a story is diluted by the ambiguity they create. Your ending works dually though to emphasize the impact of the “mistake” while still acknowledging the depth of their connection and affection.

Thanks

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Epilogue?

I had kind of hoped that they would be able to fix it, but I can see both sides. I guess the moral of the story is don't play stupid games. What game are they playing in the epilogue? Is this the beginning of a new beginning?

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 5 years ago

I still don't believe her. Nothing about her accidental meeting with Tony fits her story. He was pleased to see her and said she was screaming his name... he wouldn't have been friendly towards her if she was yelling at him to stop having sex with her.

He says: "I thought we had a great time"

She says: "I was crying and pleading with him to leave."

Angie was a lying whore... the husband was absolutely right to divorce her.

waratahwaratahalmost 5 years ago
Good story, thanks for writing.

Nicely done.

Angie told one too many lies. I tend to think she played up more in Cleveland than she admitted to. (No way would someone borderline raped, step up to repeat the senario, commando, indeed, the way she did a week later. )

RougeHunterRougeHunteralmost 5 years ago
Did someone said convenient?

You know, it's nice that you try to examine feelings about these issues without going all BTB and all but... it's like your character said. Occam's Razor. It sure was convenient (as a writing tool, to the author) that the guy has done something largely similar (I mean he didn't go there with something he got to impress his wife and pick a girl up to her room; he was there for the wedding).

As he said, too convenient.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioalmost 5 years ago
I thought he just left the house with his keys and wallet and didn’t pack anything

But leaving the hotel, he picks up his bag (suitcase) to check out and leave, then gets served divorce papers in the hotel lobby. Sis reminds him that he almost cheated 10 years earlier at her wedding, with Jennifer, one of her bridesmaids. This plot device, a last minute revelation that hubby is also guilty and should reconcile, is one we see repeatedly in Loving Wives stories. What started out as a good story depicting the dangers of playing with “fire,” that is, teasing men at bars for fantasy play and then the fantasy becomes real cheating, has disappointed this reader due to the ending. I realize endings are often difficult, but it seemed to me the author was in a hurry and took a short cut to terminate the story in a rushed way.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkalmost 5 years ago
You had a decent story going...

...then all the air seemed to go out of it leaving a limp, lifeless ending. Felt like you got tired of it and wanted to get on to your next project.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 5 years ago
He doesn’t deserve her.

She should have filed for divorce because her ex-husband is s prick hound.

ctdansctdansalmost 5 years ago
so then she was raped?

If we believe her then I feel she was raped yet she didn't go to the cops? No is supposed too mean no. Since she didn't do anything about it then it tells me she is lying and it was in fact consensual. I get it was a one time mistake but if the guy, like me, couldn't get it out of his mind the marriage wouldn't be worth saving. No sex as you would always see Tony. No trust as every trip or GNO would be an opportunity to cheat. All it would mean in your mind is she will just learn to be more careful.

He never got to learn how many other times she cheated.

Good series. Thank you for writing.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
Thoughts

Okay, I think it was even mentioned in comments on chapter 2, that she didn't say that the flight was cancelled, but I'm curious why she had the dress with her. Even if she got her flight, when/where was she going to change? Wouldn't she come home first to change anyway?

I'll give her that she did need the dress with her, but why even START the game without her husband there? She admits that she intended to cheat!

Tony seemed AWFULLY chummy with a woman who supposedly kicked him out of bed!

WTF is up with his sister? They BOTH enjoyed the game, there was no harm when they were TOGETHER!

Comparing the two events is unfair. While there is SOME similarity, he never went anywhere with the INTENTION of fucking them!

"Was it just my ego getting in the way?" - As soon as the husband's ego gets brought into it, my dander goes up!

I'm assuming the did divorce, but amicably, and have a FWB relationship, maybe even exclusive?

I THINK I basically believe her, though as I said above, Tony didn't act like a guy that she tried to throw out of her room, and I mean BEFORE he was talking to her husband. I can even get over her STARTING the "game," but as soon as she left the bar with Tony she went too far for me.

The evil side of me says to accept the hall pass, and let her sweat over when I might uses it.

dragonmann72dragonmann72almost 5 years ago
So...

Are they going to get back together? That isn't really like using a hall pass.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 5 years ago
Well I liked it.

4* and I enjoyed their solution.

Divorce does happen over cheating and betrayal. Even if only one time

Angie should have fessed up immediately and at least eliminated the dishonesty part of the betrayal.

I thought it was charming that she decided to play the game with him after the divorce and I hope for a good reconciliation for this couple.

schulz777schulz777almost 5 years ago
what a shame

I liked part 1 and I was OK with part 2,

but part 3 is just crap-crap-crap

It looks like you weren't interested in this story anymore and wanted it to be over

1 starr

ps.: for all the writers outhere ---- it's always a "cheapshot" trying to turn a good guy into a bad guy, a lot of writers do that when they don't know how to end a story about a bad wife ---- that's just lame

TwentysevenTwentysevenalmost 5 years ago
Scarcely credible

Occam was right.

otacon666otacon666almost 5 years ago
Waste of Time this last chapter

Waiting so much to read this chapter and what we got? A crap endign with a worst epilogue.

NipplesandwineNipplesandwinealmost 5 years ago
This

Seems to me you stoped your story and tried to please the comment police . Always stay true to your thoughts . The idea of three endings might have worked then everyone would have got there result . But this seems like a cop out and a very quick end.. You are better then this .Thanks for the read

HikingThruHikingThrualmost 5 years ago
She filed?

I liked the characters, and was interested in their outcome, but some disconnects in the story made for a rough landing at the end. Sister bringing up his "long-ago, near miss" really didn't fit for me, given that wife and sister were pushing the "practically rape" angle. And that rape angle didn't fit with the reception Tony got in the bar. Wife running off with kids and filing papers didn't fit with her wanting marriage to survive, and if her tactics were meant to show him what divorce would be like, that aspect was not discussed by them at lake. And all that happened was caused by her wearing the dress and hitting the lounge without her husband. She caused it, she did cheat, so why'd she file papers?

KingBandorKingBandoralmost 5 years agoAuthor
A Few Comments & Random Thoughts

I named the husband finally.

I actually took SBrooks' advice and did one ending.

Oh, and like many of my stories, there is some basis in reality. The situation with the flight actually happened to me once. I was traveling to New York from Dallas weekly. Many nights I slept on the floor in NYC or Atlanta due to delays and weather. On one trip, I started seeing all of the cancellations hitting the board and knew I was doomed to another night on the floor. So, instead, I booked a hotel room and checked in. I was surprised the next morning when my flight had not been cancelled. It cost me a new ticket to get home and then my wife asked me why I missed my flight... doh.

In the end, Peter decided that the lies and mistrust were too much to allow them to stay married. However, the physical attraction was still there.

So, I leave it to you, dear readers, to decide what happened in the end.

Now, as to the other potential endings...

I considered not writing any ending and leaving it where it sat, but there were too many unanswered questions.

One that I had toyed with, but couldn't pull off (but may try with another story) was the concept of a meta-fantasy. I tried to make it that the whole scenario was part of a much larger and more complex fantasy. The fantasy was pretend to get caught cheating... but, it didn't work.

I wanted another where there would be another "twist" and reveal that Angie had affairs on many of her business trips. It would have been a BTB. It didn't feel like the Angie I'd come to know, so my heart wasn't in it.

Another which came very close to being the ending was reconciliation. In it, Peter forgave Angie and they went back to being a happily married couple. I had written a cute epilogue in which Angie suggests they try the fantasy jar again. Peter thinks she's nuts and cannot believe she wants to do something that nearly destroyed their marriage. She pushes until he reluctantly agrees. She pulls out a card and says "Oh, goody, this is one of mine." She reads it and it says "Angie will do anything Peter wants, any time, any place, for the rest of her life." She dumps out the jar and all of the cards have the same thing written on them.

I liked it, but even I thought it was a little too cute.

KB

breville1breville1almost 5 years ago
Lier!!

I agree with sbrooks103x and powersworder….she's lying!

Her behavior with Tony was too familiar....didn't sound like a woman facing a man that had fucked her despite her changing her mind. If we look at what hubby did with the flirting bridesmaid, he wasn't deliberately chasing her, and later he did stop before actually fucking her. Now back to the wife, OK there was some ambiguity about the flight cancellation but then she deliberately wore that sexy dress and went down to the bar, she actually picked up a guy and took him to her room and then actually fucked him. Changing your mind mid-fuck can happen but it is too late since everything else leading up to the fuck was premeditated. And when you hear Tony say how she was enjoying, screaming his name, it is difficult to believe her version. Anyway, why would Tony make that up when he didn't know her husband was nearby.

She lied...and then had the audacity to file for divorce. I think she wanted to show remorse and hoped that he would reject the divorce - see how close they were as they snuggled t the lake house. But he didn't.

Epilogue didn't work for me....if they were back together laying their games but not remarried, we should have had something about what they were up to during the 6 months leading up to the divorce. Suddenly getting back together playing games is like a twist to the story but left me unsatisfied.

Nevertheless, an interesting story. I liked it a lot.

SkubabillSkubabillalmost 5 years ago
Five stars

I enjoyed the whole series. KingBandor obviously has a great imagination and a rare talent for introducing unexpected twists.

eightytuneseightytunesalmost 5 years ago
You Pay to Play

It was the right ending. They both learned.

DarkerBindingDarkerBindingalmost 5 years ago
I feel let down

Really disappointing end to the story, for me at least.

ChuckEPooChuckEPooalmost 5 years ago
Good...but

Rushed ending. I think. They should have reconciled. He was as culpable as she was. You appeased the BTB crowd it appears.

abitshyoneabitshyonealmost 5 years ago
the end.......

I liked it, ok so there where one or two errors, so what,, it was a good story, , keep writing, so im not sure where they got back togeather or even if they did ,,,, was it a chance meeting in a bar ? ,, some how I don't think so,, , thanks for sharing,,

johnadpjohnadpalmost 5 years ago
@ctdans

The stats say that 80% of rape and sexual assault is unreported. At to that that she invited the rapist back to her room, they got naked, initiated the sex and then she said no. Not sure any prosecutor would touch that case, and she probably instinctively knows that. You have to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt and a much more clear cut rape cases are hard enough to prove (he says-she says).

So her not reporting it is understandable. Self doubt by rape victims (both female and in the much significantly less likely situation male) is prevalent. Even in a much more likely rape scenario than the one in the story the victims blame themselves that they did something wrong.

An interesting tidbit also is that, everything else being equal, in rape cases prosecutors prefer male jurors, and defense attorneys female. Seems counter intuitive, but the reason is that women unconsciously go into self-preservation mode and want to believe that the female victim did something wrong that caused the sexual assault to happen. Indirectly thinking that somehow they're smart enough, careful enough, "not teases" that caused the victim to be raped. The human mind plays some interesting games on itself to ward off fears.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 5 years ago
Liked The Story

There are many reasons people cheat or seem to cheat and this was one other aspect.

A reader believing Angie or not has as much to do with their disposition as anything else. Are they generally an optimistic or negative person. Do they like or hate women. Do they think people in general are mostly good and honest or not. I have no way of knowing if Angie was telling the truth or not, but her husband should have been in a pretty good position to after, I believe it was, 20 years of marriage. Plus if he believed this was a one time aberration, he could have "chosen" to believe her either way.

But I think the story ended right. In the heat of the emotions it was reasonable for them to be apart for a while. She had as much reason to distrust him (maybe more) as he did her. Setting her up to be beaten and raped was pretty fucked up for a husband of 20 years to do to a wife that MAY HAVE cheated on him once (he couldn't have known with a high degree of certainty when he gave Tony the room key). It seems like by the time of the cabin meeting both had been already reconsidering, but with the divorce motions in the work it probably was good to have a complete split for a while, let the emotions go down and try again.

@Sbrooks103x, the situation with him and Jennifer was identical to Angie and Tony. The difference is that Tony is much bigger than Angie. The MC could stop Jennifer from forcing herself on him. Angie couldn't. And a lot of women in that situation might freeze from taking a strong action in stopping Tony. She got him wound up, she could worry about what his reaction may be if she tried to stop him aggressively. I know of otherwise feisty and strong women who have told me about being sexually assaulted and blamed themselves for freezing. I think it's something women fear from their teenage years and for some when it happens all those fears comes to the forefront and immobilizes them.

hotprof1973hotprof1973almost 5 years ago
Great way to end it

How I read it, they either had the game or the marriage - they picked the game. I, like a few commenters, think she cheated and is lying to the end. I think it was just the game going to far, but don’t think she tried to stop it. It seems like it is her lies that end the marriage more than her making a mistake- as her sister calls it. I just wish that was clearer, or we got a full disclosure from her well after the divorce. All in all, great read - and door is open for a part-4.

prinnaveaprinnaveaalmost 5 years ago
Occam's Razor

Good reference there. Supposedly in part 1 the Fantasy Jar was Peter's idea? or was he coerced in to it? I think the story ended as it should, with what happened at the bar with Dan and then Tony appearing and his story.

I find in life strangers rarely lie, there is no need to lie.

Good story I liked it.

OPrimeOPrimealmost 5 years ago
She Cheated

Then got an attitude. He got rid of her. She was a liar and a cheat.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchalmost 5 years ago
Thanks KB, odd ending, but you explained it well. Good read

Playing these stupid dangle the bait games with your wife is almost as silly as deciding to be a cuck.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 5 years ago
WOW, some of your comments

She a slut wife, that it. She wasn’t raped. For all of you rape morons. Read the first story. She fucked him all Friday night and Saturday, quote till she had to drag her ass back to her husband. Sounds like rape to me....NOOOOPPPPPEEE! And for those talking about she couldn’t escape. The second story, she was home about 20 minutes later. Selective escape huh. Then to top it off you have the whore file for divorce. There’s no court order for the children and I would have reported them kidnapped by their mother before the court order was given. I would never talk to my sister again. She made more excuses for the wife than the wife did. And you can’t compare apples to oranges, so you’re saying he kissed and made out with a girl, is the same as your wife getting fucked for two days. You better tell your brother-in-law to check and make sure those kids are he is. I just never realize this website has so many cockold males in the history of writing. The thing that gets me is it happens so often every time a woman cheats on this website no matter what happens you’ll find a way to forgive her, she had of the man’s kids, fucks his brother, father, still having sex with 12 people and if the man wants out, it’s always the man’s fault. You’re destroying the family, you’re hurting the kids. First thing out of my mouth would’ve been, are you sure their mine? This husband need make a run getting his kid, if he can’t get them. Then share custody but get the fuck away from her before the next time he will be eating out so some bad ass Splooge from her fouled cunt.

ctdansctdansalmost 5 years ago
thank you johnadp

appreciate your input.

rodryder44rodryder44almost 5 years ago
A little confusing

He disappears for a week and she files for divorce. They talk it over for a weekend at the cabin. He still loves her but cannot trust her, so he signs the divorce papers.

In the epilogue he watches her slink up to the bar in that red gown and sit. Angie dismisses a potential swain with the line, "I'm waiting for my husband." Pete kisses her and corrects her: "Ex-husband." to which she replies, "Close enough."

The story ending is very confusing, and I won't say anything else.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
@draginmann72

Since he corrected her to "EX-husband," it's safe to assume that they got divorced, but are obviously in SOME sort of a relationship. Obviously unclear if they're living together, FWB, or what. The hall pass is moot assuming they are indeed divorced.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
@breville1

It wasn't so much HER attitude, she DIDN'T act familiar, but he was pretty chummy with a woman that he should consider a cock tease.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
@abitshyone

Again, she called him her ex-husband, so they DIDN'T get back together, at least as husband and wife. No, I don't think it was a chance meeting, they're just still paying the game, even though they're no longer married.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
@KingBandor

I'm glad you stuck with one ending, though after reading I DID wonder what the others were. After reading what you planned I'm glad you didn't use them. And, yes, that last one WAS too cute!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
@johnadp

The situations are NOT identical! With Angie there, he obviously had NO intention of fucking Jennifer. With him not their, Angie ADMITTED that she intended to fuck Tony.

He and Jennifer were "making out," not right, but a far cry from Angie and Tony!

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 5 years ago
@sbrooke — so second base is ok, but being tagged out at home is not?

I liked this. It’s a reasonable RAAC, ASSUMING it went down the way Angie said it did.

Sending Tony down to basically rape her is enough punishment — which ended up thankfully not a rape to completion, but it was bad enough. If he had fully raped her... that would have been really bad.

4-stars.

kiteareskitearesalmost 5 years ago
Read as a nony and got my comment cued up

Then found out it was log in only...

Now that I'm on a machine with my log in, I'll try and remember some.

Occams Razor - the key word is USUALLY. Other principles when using include avoiding confirmation bias. Peter had it in his head she had cheated and was lying about everything, so what he saw as the simplest explanation was the one that confirmed the ideas he had worked out in his head already. Take something you are passionate about and try and see an opposing view as anything other than more complicated...because if nothing else it requires you getting you head around it first, thus it is automatically more complex.

She was raped - why didn't she say anything before. Assuming she's telling the truth, then everything after she told Tony to stop, even with him balls deep was rape. Hard on Tony and could be excused for carrying on for a few more strokes and few more times saying no/stop. Why did she not say anything before, who would believe her? It's hard enough for a someone to have a rape go all the way through to conviction, image, "I let him enter, then changed my mind." She would get laughed out of the police station. Then there's the "I let him enter," that is crossing the line of what a lot of men would find unforgivable.

Peter/Jennifer was the same - I disagree, other the the physical ability of Jennifer forcing herself on Peter being non-existent. It would only be the same if he entered Jennifer then said, "Fuck it, I'm going down the pub" (real story behind that one). Had Tony and Angie only had digital sex, it would have been the same.

The sister is right though, it's a very high risk game. Just the finger banging in the bar seemed to be pushing boundaries, it didn't seem agreed to beforehand, Peter could have flipped just at that.

The biggest problem is she started something that was potentially marriage breaking, crossed a line (no comment on how far she crossed) and then panicked. Having done that, she compounded it by not coming clean, really how many would, far easier to lie, especially if it's a one off and you can't imagine seeing your 'Tony' again. Within her actions were disrespect of playing the game without her husband, using the dress bought for them to play the game, silly that these 2 points are important, but they are like cream and cherry on top of a sundae.

Understandably Peter was upset and due to the vagaries and omissions Angie made just upset him more and made him dig his heels in.

To me the end seemed like they divorced, obviously, but were looking to rebuild their relationship.

I think KB gave a story with no easy way out and everyone losing and he certainly started people talking. Thanks

ctdansctdansalmost 5 years ago
Same red dress?

So at the end was she wearing the same red dress she wore when she picked up tony and wore the night tony again saw her when she was out playing with hubby? Sick. I guess she doesn't care about winning him back as that dress will always or should always remind him of what she did.

As for my earlier rape statement i meant if he was to believe her story about telling tony to stop yet he didn't then wouldn't she say something then.

I believe tony and they went all night and again the next morning.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

I'm trying to think about the audience this was written for. They'd have to both not notice the giant plot holes when the main character just swallows a completely ridiculous argument, AND be smart enough to learn to read. That group cannot be very large.

KingBandorKingBandoralmost 5 years agoAuthor
Clearing things

It was not the same dress. This was red. I think the original was beige. Also, @sbrooks, the reason she had the first dress with her in Cleveland was because she bought it that week in Cleveland.

Yes. They got divorced.

The Epilogue takes place at some point in the future. Are they back together? Dating? Are they playing more games? Or, is this their first date? All of that, I leave to you.

Peter had not cheated with Jennifer. He didnt think of it as the same thing. Everyone has some things theyve done that they regret. The point of i troducing Jennifer was not to show Peter cheated. He hadn't. It was to show that we all make mistakes.

kB

KingBandorKingBandoralmost 5 years agoAuthor
Something an arbitrator once told me

He said that the goal of arbitration is to reach a compromise. In a compromise, you will never make everyone happy. The best solution is one in which all parties are unhappy.

Its kind of that way with ending a story.

Those who wanted RAAC say I pandered to the BTB crowd. The BTB crowd say I wimped out and wrote a RAAC. The irony is this is neither. It's the story of how lying and cheating destroy marriages. Angie and Peter love each other, and do not want to burn anyone. They just cannot be married. However, their love and attraction was too strong and, in time, they found a way to try again. Does it work? We don't know, so it is t a HEA either.

KB

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 5 years ago
RE: waratah

"No way would someone borderline raped, step up to repeat the scenario, commando, indeed, the way she did a week later."

Exactly. It was all a pack of lies.

There was no rape. Angie came up with that story to try to turn herself into the victim when caught being a cheating slut. I'm just surprised by the comments that so many people believed her bullshit.

Reread the first chapter and take note of Angie's behaviour. She's playful, mischievous, flirtatious... aroused. This is not the way a rape victim behaves when she's reenacting the events that led to her rape only a week earlier!

When Tony runs into her at the bar, this is what she says to her husband to brush it off:

"Honey," Angie began, talking to me like I were stupid. "He was at the bar when I was talking to Dan, and he heard me introduce myself."

"I was in such a hurry to get away from that creep that I grabbed my bag and my phone and accidentally bumped the mute button."

"Is that what you think? Jesus, honey. You can't really think I'd do something like that!"

The lies are effortless. No guilt, no remorse, she just turns it around to make it seem like the husband is being a moron, then accuses him of lack of trust. Is this the way a traumatised rape victim behaves?

"I was impressed with her cover story... Someone once told me something about the best lies being based on something real."

King Bandor threw this in at the start... it's a hint that Angie is an accomplished liar!

Angie says this about the alleged rape:

"as soon as Tony started, I wanted him to stop. I tried to get him to, but he kept going and finished."

But here's Tony's last comment:

"I'd love to. That bitch can fuck!"

At that point, Tony knows he's talking to Angie's husband, who he now believes was in Cleveland the previous week to witness their fuckathon. Would he really be so enthusiastic about five minutes of awkward, non-consensual sex, if Angie had been begging him to stop? Then she reckons she locked herself in the bathroom and was asking him to leave... If that happened, even the most obtuse guy in the world would know that something was very wrong!

Here's Tony's reaction when he finds out he's talking to Angie's husband:

He blinked and threw his hands up. "Woah, dude. I'm sorry, man. She didn't tell me."

Take note of what he's apologising for: she didn't tell him she was married. He doesn't mention anything about her supposed lack of consent, or try to explain that she'd been up for sex but changed her mind. Because it never happened.

Her story is 100% bullshit. The truth is that she fucked Tony senseless on Friday and Saturday, just as he said.

Angie filing for divorce was a desperate effort to put the husband on the defensive. She was as guilty as sin, so she tried to turn this around and make it seem like he's being unreasonable... all in an effort to get him to back down. It's the same tactic she used with the earlier lies... but escalated because she knows he's on the verge of ending their relationship.

With Angie's effortless lying, love of risky sex, and lack of empathy (filing for divorce on her hurt husband), she shows all the classic signs of being a sociopath.

Great story Kingbandor, but I didn't like the epilogue. After the way she behaved, this deserved a BtB ending. Angie was unveiled as a lying whore... and she's still got her claws into her poor husband. He needed to get this toxic bitch out of his life asap.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
@kiteares

While I see your point about confirmation bias, there are several things that indicate that she's lying.

When Tony approaches her at the bar, was there ANYTHING in his manner that was contraindicative of someone who had hot sex with her the prior weekend? If her story was true, he would have been all, "Hey, sorry about last week, I really thought that you just wanted a little rough sex, no hard feelings?"

Granted her husband is there, but as someone else said, after the prior experience, IF her story was true, would she really want to reenact it?

She repeatedly changes her story as new facts come to light giving the lie to her previous stories.

ken philipsken philipsalmost 5 years ago
Could have done without the Epilogue

Yes Angie fucked up. But to take her story at face value she was essentially raped. Not once but twice by that arsehole Tony - the second time cos the dipshit ego driven man child husband sent him there. The marriage ended right there. I was completely unsurprised that his sister did not side with him. I wouldn’t either. The moment Angie fully realised he would not abide by his “for better or worse” vows and show some love and Christian forgiveness, she sought the divorce and shot thru with the kids. Correct move. Story should have ended right there. Lost 2 stars for the dud ending after that. Ken

Impo_64Impo_64almost 5 years ago
As I said in part 1...

As I said in part 1 this marriage was doomed...After its death can both learn with their mistakes and build a new relationship from the ground like the end suggests? maybe...3*

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
@ken philips

Please stop with the "ego" crap! Like the ego-stroking that she gets from the guys hitting on her has nothing to do with it?

"For better or for worse?" How about "Forsaking all others?"

OnethirdOnethirdalmost 5 years ago
Another pride duel

Another affair blown up along with the marriage. The sister was right- if you love someone, you suck it up and deal with it. Don’t get all butt-hurt and burn it all down.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 5 years ago
They created something new.

They divorced to get back together. A neccessary trick of the mind that included forgiveness to move forward as a couple.

notredame43notredame43over 4 years ago
what shit

She fucks around and her and the sister try to paint him as bad or arrogant and prideful, what bullshit. 1 star just for that lame ass premise

PotSub206PotSub206over 4 years ago

It started with righteous anger from the husband and lies from the wife, but then switched to him being the one "wrong"? The sister was partially right in that they were playing a dangerous game with their marriage. However, the wife through a series of mistakes (not checking her flight info, not telling her husband everything when confronted, trying to deflect, and take partial responsibility) made a small problem into a catastrophic divorce...lying by omission and half truths makes the teller of said lies just as untrustworthy as a habitual liar. js

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
its as I've before

everyone put to much BS over a man's pride, while women's vanity has caused wars. It has gotten many men killed, yet everyone has placed all the negativity on a man's pride. A woman's vanity is much like the story of the greatest trick. The greatest trick every done was, how the devil made everyone think he doesn't exist. Its much like a woman's vanity. She'll have you thinking it's your pride, when you wouldn't be in the situation your in if her vanity hadn't put you there. It's like the belief you have to fight for your wife, why would you have to fight for something that is yours. I have to fight my neighbor for my car. I bought and paid for it but my neighbor say's it his because he drove it. In the end your not fight him over her, your fight her over what she thinks she need or feels.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1about 4 years ago
What really happened in Cleveland?

Only person with no motive to lie is Tony. If she ran into bathroom and cried I do not think he would be eager to hook up with her again. In fact he would probably avoid her. She banged him all night like he said, and wanted a replay. If she travels a lot on business odds are that was not first time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
These people are all morally corrupt

When someone forces someone to have sex with them, after they clearly express they do not want it, that is what rape is. Nobody in this story seem to understand that.

The sister is willing to concede that it is "practically" rape. No sister, it is rape. A horrible, serious crime. Full stop.

Then she goes on to make this statement:

"Most men won't let women have that choice."

What a load of feminist BULLSHIT! Very, very few people are rapists. Most people feel horrible when others a suffering, and certainly not aroused. Some do, both male and female, but not that many. Most of the people who do get aroused by suffering and control only do so with consenting partners, who are also tuned on by it. That is called BDSM, and has nothing to do with rape.

The main character is also guilty of a serious crime. When he sends the man to his wife, with the intention of having her sexually abused against her will, that is conspiracy to commit rape. He should be punished for that. The rapist should be punished, and everyone in this story should receive mandatory education on sex and consent. They are obviously all very disturbed individuals.

In fact, the behaviors of the couple in the story tell me that they are both incredibly immature, and not at all mentally equipped to be married, much less engage in sexual experimentation, or child rearing.

I am so glad this is only fiction.

Robby_DRobby_Dabout 4 years ago
Losers

In almost all of your recent stories, the husband always comes out a loser. His wife always fucks around, he never gets any satisfaction from her or the guy(s) that fucked her. It is time for a genuine, manly BTB story where the fucker and the fuckee both get taken down. Do it!

dorbb2dorbb2about 4 years ago
What kind of a woman?

What kind of a woman cheats, lies when caught, then files for divorce because her husband wants to know the truth? A woman with something to hide. Instead of meeting her at the bar after the divorce, he should be happy to be rid of her. Unfortunately, the kids always suffer.

johsunjohsunalmost 4 years ago

I like the way it ended, not the divorce, but them hooking up again.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 3 years ago
2nd time through.

I still like it except she is a total bitch. She intended to cheat and fucking did. It didn't make a difference that she wanted him to stop after they started in her hotel room.

She then absconds with the kids and has him served after all her lying and cheating.

I wish this had been longer to somehow justify them being together at all.

She makes my skin crawl and she hasn't redeemed herself at all and he hasn't balanced the scales somehow either.

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Because the only way to reconcile is to give the lawyers their pound of flesh first.

I thought 'Shit or get off the pot' was good advice in general. Who benefits from this limbo?

norcal62norcal62over 3 years ago

Some good discussion of reality and forgiveness, but too much going back and forth in his mind. Hubby is a self-pitying jerk.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

both of them are loser , whore and wimp . and the part about the advise the lawyer give is bullshit . they take your no matter ,win or lose .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"How could the mother of my children disrespect her family so much as to pick up a stranger in a bar and take him back to her room to fuck?"

thus endeth the lesson. The lame tacking on at the end, this supposed 'almost screwup' at his own wedding, quite unbelievable, to justify a RAAC/cuck outcome? You must realize disrespect your readers to pull that justification at the very end.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 3 years ago
@anony 6/10/22 — lawyers take case no matter what.

No, that’s not true. I’ve thought of suing somebody twice in my life, about 15-20 years apart. Both times the lawyers gave a free first time consultation, and both times they said the suit wasn’t worth it. They pointed out it would cost at the very least X dollars in fees, and at the most I’d recover X less most of X, leaving very little to nothing, or even in a negative value. I just had to bite my pride and my sense of retribution, and soldier on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

BITCH! Stay far away from this slut.

notredame43notredame43over 2 years ago

The sister is a complete sleaze comparing what he did to the wife cheating trying to equate them .. nice try bitch ... cut her off too .

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

WACC with a kinda sorta RAAC…. Sorry but he needs to use the hall pass with some other bimbo….

rn2711rn2711over 2 years ago

The sister was right. Playing with fire will burn you someday.

Too quick divorce papers signed. He didn't know what to do and she decides to file for divorce? It's like she wanted an excuse to throw him out. I understand he could not believe her anymore, so why no separate for sometime and see how it all works out?

And what's that ending? How should we interpret it? I feel the story is not complete.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Just another cuck story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

THIS WRITER WRITES TRASH CUCK STORIES

SarahwithloveSarahwithlovealmost 2 years ago

She goes from bawling her eyes out while begging him not to leave her and 2 minutes later is packing to leave, angry, wanting a divorce. Then leaves town with the kids and files for divorce. Too many sudden flip-flop plot twists in part three. It feels rushed, as does the divorce. And the sudden bombshell that he fooled around was awkward since we knew his thoughts throughout the story, but somehow he forgot the wedding make out session. Seems to me that you had a bunch of ideas, and tossed them all in to part three to keep the reader in suspense as new clues came in. It didn't work here. Before part three, this had the makings of a top tier LW story. The divorce ruined that for me. Awful ending to a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Legally, Tony did rape her in Cleveland. For real people in the real world, if a woman goes along into the point of engaging in the sexual foreplay she did and by her actions consenting to the initial penetration, then as long as the guy isn't doing something awful (like hurting her, trying to fuck her in the ass, etc), then the sexual act will continue until one or both participants climax. The claim that "I withdrew consent after being fucked for a few minutes" is utterly unrealistic and fails to account for how real people act. It also more likely than not opens the door to false claims of rape when a woman has second thoughts or is remorseful after the fact. Nonetheless, the idea that "consent can be withdrawn at any time" appears to have become the law in post Me-too America.

In the story, Angie lies multiple times to her husband about what happened. Her effort to recapture the high ground by claiming that she never told her husband that her flight was canceled is very misleading. The story indicates from the start that "she was stuck in Cleveland due to heavy snow." Sorry, but that is the same thing as saying, "I have to stay because my flight was canceled." Her angry remark to the effect that "I never specifically told you my flight was canceled" is just more of her deception. It confirms that she is continuing to be dishonest with her husband. She cheated; he has to decide if he can ever trust her. I don't think she can be trusted but that's ultimately up to him. Neither of them are prizes.

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Second time, still a stupid story

Still 1/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another fucking cuck

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I would have already filed. She need not worry about it

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanabout 1 year ago

arg why do so many make the story ick in the last page or 2 oh, and he should warn his brother in law just what his sister is thinking

schulz777schulz777about 1 year ago

Wtf..... Chapter 3... Just awful

1 starr

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2about 1 year ago

She never tried to talk to him before filing. They never had counseling during the divorce and now after the divorce they are getting back together? Too much of a silly rollercoaster. They should have spent the money from the lawyers on a good counselor.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I know that the role playing can be exhilarating as I did it with a girlfriend, however most of the time it replaces a desire for a spouse to stray outside of a marriage. I believe once you find your mate there is no need for this act. I gave the story a 2 because I felt it would go pretty much as it did...When I read the part about Tony Also why did the husband get so mad? Let's face it she is a total slut and he is a CUCK wannabee.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 1 year ago

Anonymous9 months ago... In what world would any normal man not believe Tony's version.

SarahwithloveSarahwithlove11 months ago

I used to, on occasion, tell boyfriends "No means yes" because there were times when it did. However, I never said "yes means no" so it balances out and it's all good....high five!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

These stupid fucking games always end up bad when the husband comes to the realization that he really does not want to share his wife. The dumb ass is not creative enough to play games together and role play. Story has a point and basically sells it well 4/5.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

At first, I thought, finally a somewhat reasonable ending, then I read the very last bit, and it all came crashing down.

Once again, all the male MC has to be offered is sex, and that's it; all is forgiven. Sick of that shit.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Whatever. Some morons playing at marriage...

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Interesting and well written variation on 'wife flirting at the bar trope' featuring a seriously hypocritical dickhead of a husband who refuses to accept any responsibility for their little game going wrong.

Clever ending but why would any woman in her right mind want to reconcile with the man who sent someone to rape her?

LA

BuzzVogtBuzzVogt8 months ago

When you can’t decide if you love it or you hate it, you obviously must love it, right?!

chasbo38chasbo387 months ago

So these two can only keep from getting bored with each other taking risks in a bar ?

They both need to move on and find new partners.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Bandor in my language means a Monkey!! U truely live up to your name!

miket0422miket04226 months ago

The continued insistence that she didn't really cheat because she told Tony to stop after he was already inside her. She doesn't seem to get that making the right decision after the man is already inside her doesn't absolve her of her guilt.

By my count Angie had at least 6 opportunities to do the right thing that would have prevented Tony from ever having the chance to penetrate her.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

An immature couple that should never have gotten married. And after the divorce, though no longer married, they are still playing the pickup game. I will agree he was a total asshole sending Tony up to his room with a keycard. That was grotesque. Even he knew it when he asked the Uber driver to go back. Thr rest was on her. Don't buy her saying it was unplanned, one time, or nit that good. She was so hooked into her fantasy that she probably really got off on Tony. The whole she resisted after she said yes, comes off as a smoke screen. If that was not the author's intent, then the authornfaied to convey the plot convincingly. Also the fact she filed without ralling to him, pretty much killed any chance at reconciliation. But can also understand her rage at him sending Tony up to her with the room key to rough her up. That came off as genuine and maybe supports dome of her testimony. But how will husband know. Meanwhile the kids gets shafted. What a mess. Will say that since fantasy card was recent, this was probably her first time. Ig he hadn't been such a prick with Tony, probably would have stayed for the kids and tried counseling. But marriage would be harmed. No doubt. Then again I wouldn't be stupid enough to light the match on my marriage with the pickup game crap.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Why even have them get divorced in the 1st place? Pretty annoying ending.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKingBandor@KingBandor
Back after a long time. I've not posted since the pandemic. I was inspired to write a bit more, so keep an eye out for more. Much of what I write about comes from experiences I've had, places I've been and people I've known. Born in the 60's. Came of age in the 80's. Living l...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES