All Comments on 'Shawn and Kendall Ch. 02'

by SnKShorts

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

3500 words ain't gonna cut it mate... Otherwise it's looking a bloody good series!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Fare to short longer chapters seeded

ScottishTexanScottishTexanabout 1 year ago

I have to agree with the others who have commented on how short your chapters are. At the rate that they are posting on the site, in other words frequently, it's fairly obvious that you wrote the entire story before submitting the first installment. That being the case, maybe you can find a way to merge two chapters together and submit a larger installment each day.

The character development and building is very good but even receiving a chapter every other day still doesn't mitigate the reader's frustration with such short installments. Just when you're getting back into the story again, then suddenly it's over until day after tomorrow. That's not teasing...that's creating frustration.

I'm really close to doing here what I did with another author who had a good story but insisted on dropping 6000 word or less installments twice a week. I walked away from his story for 2 full months. Only when the final installment had published did I go back and read the entire thing from beginning to end.

Even the best story ever written can become tedious if you don’t give your readers a fair shake. 4/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I like how this is unfolding.

NesticNestic9 months ago

I enjoy, how you let your characters and your story unfold. I like your style and your choice of words. Excellent. More please…

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous