Shawn and Tyler Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Just cooking for you, Babe." Shawn leans over the table to kiss Tyler before sitting down. "So back to my original question, why the good mood?"

"Well." Tyler smiled. "I have finally heard back from all of my applications. I actually heard back from two of them earlier in the week."

"When you were in a bad mood?"

Tyler frowned. "You could tell, huh?" Shawn just nodded his head so Tyler would go on. "Well, I got notifications that they filled all the positions they were hiring for. But I have interviews for the other two jobs I applied for."

"That's wonderful."

"Are you going to ask me where?" Tyler questioned.

Shawn laughed and reached out and held his hand. "Babe, I figured that was coming."

"Well, here and Carthage, I would be able to teach almost everything I would like at Carthage. But that's if they would let me. Don't even know here. But I have to wait and interview first."

"Have they contacted you about when they will be yet?" Shawn could tell that they had because Tyler was smiling still.

"Yeah, I set up the Carthage interview for next week. They wanted to fly me out as soon as possible. Apparently, they are in the middle of interviewing." Tyler seems to be bouncing off his seat to tell the next bit of information. "But, Professor Unger stated they will start interviewing here in three weeks. He stated that they are looking to replace the current faculty member that teaches the Greek sections of ancient history and the classics." Tyler was smiling from ear to ear. "That would be my dream, Babe." Tyler was looking at Shawn's face. "I know, don't get my hopes up. But to continue to keep up with my Greek and Latin almost daily. Then to take a trip there once every few years."

"Well, Honey. I'm glad you are finally getting calls for interviews." Shawn was still holding Tyler's hand. "I pray that you get the job offer that you want."

"Thanks." Tyler looked down at their dinner. "Let's eat before it gets too cold."

*

Tyler flew out to Wisconsin, and when he had his interview with Dr. Unger and his team, he still hadn't heard from Carthage.

When Tyler was gone for his interview in Wisconsin, Dawn stopped by to visit Shawn. It was to do some recon for Tyler and ask some questions that Tyler knows he can't get honest answers from Shawn about. So, Dawn said she would do it.

Shawn was just lying on the couch when she came in. The TV was on, but he wasn't paying attention to it. It was more watching him than he was it. "Hey, what are you doing?" Dawn asked as she sat down on the loveseat.

"Running a marathon, what does it look like I'm doing?" Shawn responded with a smile and looked over at her.

"Ass. I was wondering if Tyler ended up getting the job in Wisconsin. Were you gonna sell your house or what?"

"Why don't you just ask the real question you want to know? Do I love him enough to move out of state with him?" Dawn just stared at him, not wanting to confirm it. "I asked Tyler to marry me. I love him more than life itself." Shawn smiled. "I will move anywhere he gets his job, so if it happens to be Wisconsin, then it's Wisconsin."

"Good, that's what I wanted to hear."

"Dawn, Tyler's not Mark. I really truly love him and would move to Greece for him."

"Well, I know if he gets his appointment here, you won't have to move to Greece, but you will have to lose him there for a term every few years."

"What?"

"There is a study abroad semester." Dawn looked at Shawn. "Tyler never told you of the time he spent in Greece?"

"He just said that they take a trip there every few years. But it's his dream. I think I could live with him away for a while."

"Well, I hope so." Dawn smiled. "But he hasn't had his interview here yet."

When Tyler returned and spoke with Dawn, it calmed his fears that Shawn would move with him if he did get the Wisconsin job. Or if he had to go to Greece, it wouldn't bother him too much. He finally interviewed with Dr. Unger, then his life was on pins and needles because he was waiting to hear back from both jobs.

Tyler sat down in Dawn's office almost a week after interviewing with Unger. "Why are you so nervous?"

"Because I haven't heard anything from Wisconsin, and now I am waiting to hear from this one."

"Well, I can tell you why about Wisconsin." Tyler just looked at her. "Because if they did pick someone, they have to give a minimum of ten to fourteen days for the person to decide. If they decline. They move to their next candidate, giving them ten to fourteen."

"So, you just told me I wasn't their first pick. If they call, their first or second pick chose not to accept the job."

"Yes, Tyler," Dawn said sadly because she realized she had just depressed him. "But I'm sure you will hear from both jobs soon. Just give them a chance."

Tyler left for home, and Shawn wasn't there when he arrived, so he just curled up on the couch and fell asleep. His phone rang and woke him. He picked it off the coffee table, not even looking at who was calling.

"Hi Tyler, this is Dr. Unger." Tyler sat up straight like Dr. Unger could even see him.

"Sir, um, Dr. Unger. Sir. Hi, how are you?"

"I'm good, Tyler. I'm sure you are wondering why I'm calling you." Tyler could hear him chuckle.

"A little, but I'm hoping it was related to last week's interview." Tyler was tapping the remote to the TV on the couch.

"Yes, that is why I'm calling. I, well, the committee would like to offer you the job." Tyler was tapping his leg up and down now. "Please take some time to decide. I can review the numbers with you if you like now or Monday."

"Monday would be fine. Thank you."

"Okay. Stop by my office any time after noon Monday. Have a good weekend."

"You too." When Tyler hung up, he jumped up and was jumping in circles, screaming, 'I got the job.' 'I got the job.' Over and over.

Shawn had arrived while Tyler was on the phone. He had waited in the entranceway of the kitchen, watching Tyler on the phone. Now Shawn leaned against the doorway, smiling. He watched Tyler dance in ecstatic circles, waiting for Tyler to notice him.

12