She Knew Right from Wrong

Story Info
But she chose wrong.
5.3k words
4.05
84.5k
74
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Skippy47
Skippy47
1,824 Followers

SHE KNEW RIGHT FROM WRONG

STEVE

I am Steven Albright. I am 28 years old. I am married with a two-month old son. I love climbing trees. I have always loved climbing trees. As a child I broke each arm falling out of trees, but that didn't stop me. I climb trees to celebrate. I climb trees to cry. I climb trees to plan. I climb trees just to feel the wind against my face. It literally gives me a new perspective on the world being 20 or more feet above the ground.

One day I noticed a problem with my car on the way to the school where I teach science to middle school monsters. I taught my morning classes and took off at lunch time to take it to the shop. They had to keep it over night to replace a fuel pump. Another example of the practice of not keeping expense parts in stock until someone was going to pay for it. They gave me a ride home where my wife and new son were waiting.

I was dropped off by my mailbox. Instead of going in, I headed for my favorite tree to climb. Georgia wouldn't be expecting me home this early anyway. There was a great place to sit about 30 feet up. I needed some time to figure out how we were going to pay for the fuel pump without being charged interest on our credit card. It was an easy climb, so I didn't worry about messing up my sharp- casual teaching clothes.

As I sat back, I did a wide scan of the panorama. I admired the landscaping of our neighbor across the street. I hate retired neighbors who have plenty of time to manicure their lawn. I'm lucky to keep my lawn mown. I consider dandelions as free-range flowers or salad material rather than make the effort to weed them out. There were no neighbors out and about at this time. Sometimes, I feel sneaky watching people when they don't know I'm doing so. Suddenly, my attention was diverted by the sight of movement at the window of my son Jason's nursery.

I watched as my wife put our son down for his afternoon nap. She stood over his crib looking lovingly at him. I was almost crying at the serenity of the scene. That feeling didn't last long. I gasped as I saw a man's hands come from behind my wife and grab her around the waist. I became instantly terrified for her safety. Instead of defending herself, Georgia put her hands on his and leaned her head back to put her cheek on his. It was Clark Peterson, our 'confirmed bachelor' neighbor on the other side of the backyard fence.

Clark was the neighborhood asshole all the men hated. He was constantly hosting block parties to show something new he had purchased. Everyone was regaled with his stories of his importance, wealth, and ability to monitor his fortune from home. The men cried, "Bullshit." The women said tell me more.

Clark was talking to her. I desperately wanted to hear what they were saying. Suddenly, I remembered my hearing devices. These were the '$19.95, but wait' advertised hearing devices that just increased the volume. I used them to listen to TV when we wanted to keep the volume down when the baby was trying to sleep. I kept them in my shirt pocket because I would lose them otherwise.

I put in the hearing devices and turned them on maximum volume. Here's what I heard.

"Do you know who the father is yet?"

"No, I don't want to know. It could be you or Steve. I'd like to think it was both of you: The man I love and the man I love to fuck."

"You don't think Steve will catch on?"

"I don't think so. You two look enough alike, it shouldn't be apparent."

"I hope he is mine. It gives me a special satisfaction that I've not only made Steve a cuckold. I've also got him raising my son."

"Don't be mean. Steve may be clueless, but he will be a good father wherever the sperm came from to make Jason."

"Georgia, this last year has been the best in my life, thanks to you. I'm so glad you're able to have sex again. How much longer is it before your maternity leave is over?"

"Two weeks. These days where we have been able to be together so much has been wonderful. I wish Steve and I could afford for me to stay home so I could take care of Jason and you could take care of my vagina."

"Let's don't waste any time. Master bedroom or guest bedroom?"

"How about the floor, right here?"

"Let's use a bed. I got rug burn the last time we did it on the floor." They chuckled and left the nursery.

I almost fell out of the tree. The beliefs I held most high in my life, the love and fidelity of my wife as well as the child my wife had was part of my making, were blown up by the overheard conversation. The last thing I wanted to do was go in my house. I climbed down and called a taxi to take me to the bar nearest our house.

There was no one else in the bar at that early hour. That gave me the full attention of the bar tender. It was a fortunate happenstance. I needed advice. He was a man who had heard it all. He told me that I needed to determine the paternity of the child who I thought was my son. I was told how to do that. Next, I asked about a divorce attorney. He gave me a long list. I selected the cheapest. After reflection, I realized that neither of us could afford to live on half the income we had provided together, mostly because of the high mortgage payment for the house she just had to have. More importantly, he cut me off from drinking too much. He said the decisions I had to make were too important to not have all live brain cells in order.

The next few days were nerve racking. Georgia knew I was bothered by something. I tried to convince her that all middle school teachers had reason to be depressed. I also mentioned our financial situation with the costs associated with the birth of 'our' son now had the cost of a fuel pump added. She seemed to accept my explanations. A couple of days later, I got the results: I was not the father. Fifteen minutes later, I was calling the cheap lawyer I had chosen previously.

It only took a few minutes with the lawyer to understand I was screwed. She would get the house, alimony, and some sort of household support. Our mortgage was high because of buying the house she 'had to have.' I had a considerable student loan to repay. Child support might still be ordered unless I could prove who the real father was. My overheard but not recorded conversation would mean nothing in divorce court. Dividing our meager savings wouldn't really matter. All she had to do was move in with her lover and she would not sacrifice any of her lifestyle. I would be delivering pizzas at night, and that was dependent on me not losing my teaching job.

My teaching job was in danger because my wife's father was the District Superintendent. He was known as a straight arrow, no nonsense administrator. From spending time with him, I knew he believed that his daughter had learned the life's lessons he and his wife had taught. Key among those were fidelity and taking responsibility. I figured he would challenge any allegation of impropriety on her part. What I didn't know is if he would believe evidence over a father's natural tendency to protect his baby girl.

I spilled my guts again to my bartender. This time there were several customers so, I had to wait between his serving drinks to talk with him. He recommended I talk to Georgia and then get the hell out of town. Let her lover and baby daddy take care of her. If she wants to file for divorce, let her pay for a lawyer.

I was prepared to confront Georgia. When Jason was put down to sleep, I told her that we needed to talk. I think she had an idea she had been caught. There were tears in her eyes when we sat down at the kitchen table.

"I know about you and Clark and how long you two have been lovers. I also know that Jason is not my son."

"You can't know that. I don't even know that. Look, Clark is just . . "

"I know he is not my son. I just assume that Clark is the only other choice, but I wouldn't be that surprised if there were other choices."

"I'm not a slut. Clark is the only other option. And just what makes you so sure you're not the father?"

I threw the paper in front of her. She read it. "This just says that Sample A's DNA does not match Sample B's DNA."

"I am Sample A and Jason is Sample B."

"How do I know that?"

"If you think I would lie about this, well . . . I'll be glad to have another test done to satisfy you."

"So what If it is true, you're the father on the birth certificate. What are you planning to do? Marriage counseling? Trial separation? Surely, you don't want a divorce. You would be devastated financially."

"The answer is 'None of the Above.' I'm just plain leaving. I will find employment elsewhere and you can get your lover and Jason's father to support you. If I stayed, I could sue Clark for child support but that would mean accepting the raising of his son. I want nothing to do with you, Jason, or Clark. If you want a divorce, you'll have to file. Good-bye." I got up to leave.

"Wait a damn minute! We still have a lot to talk about. You are not about to run away from your family like we are disposable."

"Disposable? Well, you sure thought I was disposable. You replaced me in your bed. You replaced me as the father of your child. Now you get to see how my replacement does." I left.

I found a cheap motel room while I submitted my resume to school systems in other states. Meanwhile, I taught everyday expecting to be fired at any moment. Finally, I was called out of class to see the Superintendent immediately. Most people would have been scared to by summoned by him. I felt like I had nothing to lose.

"What the hell do you think you are doing? Running away from your responsibilities as a husband and father. I almost considered you to be the son I never had. What were you thinking?"

"I was thinking that I could no longer share my wife with her lover who is the true father of her son."

"You're lying! My daughter would never do anything like that. What proof do you have?"

"Sir. I consider you to be one of the most honorable people I have ever known. I believe you have the ability to see the truth even when it defies what you have previously held as an absolute truth. I have a doctor's report that proves I am not the father of Jason. I have . . . "

"Let me see those."

I gave him the papers and explained that I was Sample A and Jason was Sample B and made the offer to have the testing done again. His stern look relaxes a bit, a little bit.

"What proof do you have that she has a lover who may or may not have fathered Jason?"

"I was in the tree outside of Jason's room when . . . "

"You were where?"

"You probably didn't know that I have always loved to climb trees. I like to sit high up in a tree for a lot of reasons. That day I was trying to recover from an unexpected repair to my car when I saw Georgia and our neighbor in the nursery. I was able to hear their conversation because I had amplifier hearing devices in my ears. From what I saw and heard, there was no doubt that they have been having an affair for a long time and that Georgia and he knew he might be the father of Jason."

"You understand how difficult it is for me to believe about my own daughter."

"Yes. I had a lot of trouble believing it myself. I was totally clueless. I loved her with all my heart."

"You said 'loved.' Do you not love her anymore?"

"I can't say that. It's hard to just jettison a love as strong as I had towards her and Jason. Every day, the reality of the situation causes the drainage of my love to her to continue to seep away."

"But, Steve, is running away the answer? Can't you talk to her? Go for counseling?"

"The biggest problem is that I can't forget she cheated on me for over a year. That means that every time she said she loved me during that time was a lie. I can't forget that she had a baby by her lover and expected me to raise it. If Jason was mine, I probably would try to stay and work it out if she would give up her lover. In addition, I can't forget she was planning on continuing her trysts with her lover. To me, that makes counseling worthless.

"Divorce is a loser for me because of all the financial support I would have to give her regardless of her infidelity and the parentage of Jason. On the other hand, she could actually be better off financially if her lover were to take responsibility for her and his son. In addition, she would be continuing the love life she obviously values more than mine. The only way I can get back on my feet is to go start over somewhere else. I'm sorry for the stress this will cause you and your wife. You don't deserve what she did, but neither do I."

"So, what are your immediate plans?"

"I have sent my resume out to schools in other states. Even though it is mid-year, I know that male, middle school science teachers are in great demand. You, however, hold a key to that. You could hurt my chances by giving me a bad reference. I am relying on your honor to support the truth. I am waiting until you have a chance to check my story before I decide if I have to change occupations or not."

"I think I can find out quickly. Georgia has never been able to lie to me when I have confronted her. Let me get back to you."

"Thank you, sir."

GEORGIA

I would rather walk over hot coals in my bare feet than talk to my dad right now. I'm not sure what he knows. I'm afraid he knows or suspects I wasn't quite truthful with him in explaining Steve's departure. I just hope he hasn't talked to Steve yet.

"Hi Dad. Come in. Do you want to hold your grandson?"

"No. Can you put him in the playpen so we can talk?"

"You sound so serious. I know Steve and I are having problems right now, but I'm sure he will be back after he gets through pouting. What do you want to talk about?"

"I have a cotton swab with me. Do you know what I want that for?"

I broke out in a cold sweat. "You want to check to see if Steve is the father. Why do you want to do that?"

"You can tell me the truth right now and save me the trouble."

I knew better than to lie now. "The truth is that I really don't know, and I don't see what difference it makes."

"My God. Are you that brain dead? You've just admitted that it could be someone else's baby instead of your husband's. How many possibilities are they?"

"Dad, I'm not a slut. There is just one other choice."

"Even if you have one person besides your husband you're having sex with, you are by definition a slut. Why didn't you just ask for a divorce if you're in love with another man? Then you could have waited until you were divorced and had a child after you remarried."

"I'm not in love with Clark. He provides me a sexual experience that Steve doesn't. I still love Steve as a husband and want to live my life with him. We have plenty of time to have our own children. I don't understand why Steve is so upset. Clark and I have been having sex for almost a year and Steve has not complained once about being deprived in the bedroom. Once he realizes that, he will come home to me and his son. I'll even give up Clark if Steve insists."

"What happened the daughter I raised? I cannot believe the bullshit coming out of your mouth."

"A lot of people have open marriages these days Dad. Steve should realize that one partner probably can't meet all the needs of the other. Maybe I should have talked to Steve beforehand, but it's still not a good reason for Steve to divorce me."

"There's no good reason for us to continue this conversation. You are out of touch with reality. Let me make this clear: Your mother and I support Steve in this matter. We do not support you or your child, at least until you make things right. I am sure you know right from wrong because we taught you. By the way, don't bother coming back to teach, you're fired!"

"You can't do that. I'll sue for breach of contract."

"Good, we can publicize the reason for your dismissal to everyone. Don't think for a moment that I would not for fear of embarrassment. My sense of right and wrong is stronger. I would rather resign as Superintendent than support an adultress." He left.

I was in tears. My husband had left, and my father has disowned me. I needed someone to support me.

"Clark, can you please come over, honey. I need you."

"Is Steve there?"

"No, he has left me. My father just left. He yelled at me. Please hurry, I need you."

"On my way, babe."

In two minutes, he was at my door and let himself in. "Oh, Clark. Steve has left and says he is just going to run away. If that wasn't bad enough, my father fired me and said he and mother won't support me. All I have is you. What are we going to do?"

Clark was silent for a moment. "Don't worry, sweetheart. This will turn out all right. Now we don't have to hide our love. My career is based on turning obstacles into opportunities."

"You mean you will help me and Jason? He is your son after all."

"I'm glad you had my child. And, yes, I will help take care of you both."

"You don't know how happy that makes me. What do we need to do now?"

"You need to divorce Steve. That way we can get married. Then we need to decide which house to live in. Probably, it would be best for me to move in with you, so you and Jason won't be caught up in moving. I'll put my house on the market soon so we can be ready."

"I guess I should be figuring out where to look for a new job. I doubt I can teach around here anymore."

"You don't have to worry about working. I have plenty of money. You can concentrate on raising our son and think about adding a sister or brother."

"I can't believe you're so supportive. Oh, Clark, you're wonderful. I feel so much better. I guess there has been more than just lust between us after all."

"Let's go to your bed and celebrate."

"I can't think of a better way to celebrate."

After Clark left and Jason was asleep, I found another way to celebrate. Steve didn't drink much, but when he did, he liked the good stuff. He found some small distillery called Casey Jones and got their premium bourbon. Too bad for him he left it here. Good fortune for me. I got a little drunk.

It had been a while since I had had hard liquor. Soon, I was feeling really good and cocky. I couldn't resist announcing my change in fortune. First, I called Steve and then my father. From what I remember, I told them both the same thing: Go to Hell! I agree to an expedited divorce so Clark and I can get married. Screw any money for alimony or child support. My new husband will be glad to buy out Steve's interest in the house. I don't need any fucking money from my soon-to-be ex-husband or a job from my uptight father.

STEVE

That was a phone call I had not expected. I was assuming she would be denying that Clark was the father or that I was out-of-line in now letting her have her lover and me raising someone else's son. Now I understood that she would hire an attorney and draw up a simple divorce decree that would not leave me totally devastated financially. I thought I might not have to move out-of-state after all, especially if Georgia was not going to be a teacher anymore.

I talked to Georgia's father. He had gotten a phone call similar to mine. Of course, he was perturbed at what his daughter had done and the prospect of not getting to see his grandson, at least for the foreseeable future. On one hand he was glad his daughter and grandson would not be suffering financially and on the other he was sorry she did not appear to be suffering much for her sin.

I waited to hear from her attorney.

GEORGIA

I couldn't remember when I had been happier. Clark was coming over regularly when not working at his home office. The sex was outstanding even though it had lost its excitement from when they were having to be careful to keep Steve from finding out. Clark had put his house up for sale. He was still having trouble being a father. He had been a bachelor too long I thought. There was no way he was going to change a dirty diaper.

Skippy47
Skippy47
1,824 Followers
12