She Knows Pt. 01

Story Info
Vera the Succubus and Asher the Vampire.
39.2k words
4.95
2.7k
10
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
sensanin
sensanin
533 Followers

CHAPTER ONE

Bored, I stared at the array of knives, guns, and other instruments that lined my closet walls. So fucking bored I couldn't even dredge up a hint of anticipation for the night that lay ahead. When had balancing on the sharp tip of a dagger lost its excitement? Now, dying held an appeal if only to break up the monotony of living.

Damn, I'm depressing. Shrugging away my melancholy, I snatched up my whip. A sleek and soft affair of braided leather that'd been a present from my mother from one of he jaunts to the human realm, back when I'd thought it was cool to cross over the veil where mental beats raced across black roads and through streets lined with rectangular glass phallasus all trying to fuck the sky.

Shaking my head, I strapped the looping leather to the hook on my belt. It wasn't the only thing leather on me. My suit was a leather-nylon mix and went to my throat, down to my wrists, and tucked into my spiked, steel-toed shitkickers.

Tapping my finger against my lips, I eyed the Desert Eagles, M9s, and Mini Uzis. Forty vamps, 15 rounds in the M9, 8 in the Eagle, and 950 in the Uzi. Since I wasn't fighting an army of vamps, I decided on two M9s and shoved them into my shoulder holsters. The rest was easy. An assortment of knives slid into modified pockets of my suit: twin knuckle knives in my boots, and throwing daggers on my arms, hips, and thighs.

I un-holstered my guns and checked them as I left the closet. It was a habit borne from years of combat. If my father had his way, I would have never picked up a knife or gun, never stepped foot outside his house or the veil. But I never liked being caged, and at 16 I'd demanded a job.

"Vampire hunter," he'd said through clenched teeth. "You can do that."

It wasn't a glamorous position or even a revered one. The succubi and incubi who became hunters did so because they didn't have any other powers, or didn't know how to use them. The position had been a slap in the face, another nail in the "you're not really a succubus" coffin. But I took it because my pride wouldn't let me refuse.

Sighing, I plopped down at my vanity, re-holstered my guns and picked up my brush. "Motherfuker," I cursed viciously as I dragged it through my knotted hair, wincing and cursing when it caught on a particularly nasty section. This is what I get for not combing it for a week.

The bedroom door flew open and slammed against the wall, flecks of periwinkle paint flying off. I jumped, reaching for my holstered gun on instinct before the voice flowed to me, "Vera." My father stood in the doorway for a second, large and imposing as ever, before he strode across the room toward me. "You're staying home tonight,"

"Ever heard of knocking?"

"My house, my rules."

I snorted and set the brush down. My father was lighter fluid and I was an involuntary flame. Usually I was calm, but my dad made my jaw clench and my muscles contract. When he was like this, it was all I could do to keep from wringing his neck.

"I can't stay in tonight," I said evenly, turning in the seat and crossing my legs. "I'm hunting with Brodie."

He waved his hand dismissively. "The half-breeds can wait. I need you here."

"Actually they can't," I interrupted. "The vamps killed once before. If I let them go now, what kind of message will that send to the rest of them?"

His lips pulled back in a snarl, and anger flickered in his gaze. Vampires--the one thing we agreed on hating. I could always get out of going to one of my father's asinine meetings or parties if I said I was killing the vampires who crossed the veil onto Earth and wreaked havoc.

"How many?" he asked.

"Forty."

"And you can take them?"

"With Brodie I can. I've done it before."

He nodded. "They need to be disposed of."

They did. Vampires were the scum of the Earth; deformities that were neither demon nor human. They were created by Wendigos, turned into servants who just happened to have certain abilities and drank blood. I used to feel sorry for the creatures, feeling a kinship with them because I was half succubus and half muse and not at all accepted. But I didn't kill people, didn't give into mayhem and bloodlust that made killing the monsters much easier.

I spun back around in my seat and searched for a rubber band in the vanity's draws. "You need to be back by two."

My jaw dropped, and my hair fell down around my face as I waved my hands. "That's not even a whole night."

"You shouldn't need an entire night to kill forty vamps. Wars have been won in less time."

I clenched my jaw until it ached and forced air in and out through my teeth in a parody of deep breathing. "Why do you need me so badly?"

"There doesn't have to be a reason, Vera. You're my daughter."

"Right." My teeth clacked together. "Not your henchman, so I do need an explanation."

We glared at each other for a long minute, two stubborn asses.

"One," he finally spat. "Be here at one or I'll send Jasper to fetch you."

I exploded from my chair, white hair swinging in my face and clouding my vision. "You said two."

He spun on his heel. "I changed my mind."

The door closed on a succinct click and I wanted to pick up my chair and throw it. He could be such an asshole! His attitude made me wonder how he'd ever become the demon President of America. Who elected him? Knowing my father the votes were bought, some hands greased, and future favors exchanged like Pez candy.

Ruthlessly, I twisted my hair into a bun and secured it with a rubber band. Blowing out the candles lighting my room, I grabbed my hooded coat and raced down the stairs, out of the house. The minute my feet touched the sidewalk, I started to run.

I could feel eyes on me, two sets. My guards were right behind me. They were the only two incubui in my father's employ, and they'd been assigned to me. It chafed to be watched all the time, especially by incubi who didn't want to fuck me. All we did was fuck and fuck and then fuck some more. But not me, not with my hair and my ears clearly announcing, "I'm a muse!" Fairies, muses, and witches were so low on the demon hierarchy they were practically non-existent. We were only good for fucking and leaving, using and discarding. That was what I'd grown up hearing, and damn if I wasn't sick of it.

I ran faster, kicking up debris in my wake. Buildings met my curves, and shadows hugged me in a tight embrace. I slid past a group of Banshees who hissed at me and pulled their black cloaks tighter around their boney bodies. The guards disgruntled calls echoed off the buildings and bounced into me, "Wait, Vera. You aren't supposed to--"

"Supposed to?" A laugh burst from my lips as I spun to avoid a disgruntled minotaur. His fingers brush my butt, sharp fingernails dipping between my ass crack. But then he lifted his eyes, caught the bright color of my hair and he reared back, plastering himself to the brick wall.

That was my defining characteristic, the thing that let every demon in a 500 mile radius know I was Redkin's daughter. My chin set, jaw clenched, and I ran faster as if the color would fall off my strands and the turquoise of my eyes would blend with the darkness. I could hear the myriad of sounds coming from too many castes of demons to count; I tried to get lost in it. But my hair wouldn't let me, my guards wouldn't let me--hell, even I wouldn't let me.

A subway station loomed in front of me, 5th Avenue and 53rd Street. I slid down the railing into the subway, raced down the steps, jumped the turnstiles, and hopped onto the tracks. The world that we lived in mirrored the human one exactly except the organic material didn't cross the veil. That meant I didn't smell stale water or feel rats scurrying by my feet. It was hot air, heavy with brimstone from the dragons who lived in these tunnels. Above ground was a variety of scents specific to their demons. Incubi smelled like sex, musky and wet. Faeries smelled like sugar, overly sweet with the undercurrent of slow death.

I slowed to a jog as I lost my guards. Their angry curses bounced off the walls, echoing through the tunnels. I slowed further to a saunter as I came up to Victor, illuminated by well placed candles in the alcove of the tunnel. I smiled and reached out to run my hands over the dragon's silky azure scales. He was massive, arms curved under his body while his hind legs and wide belly blocked the other end of the tunnel.

"Vera, darkling," he greeted in his guttural voice, using his pet name for me. A puff of smoke curled around the words and perfumed the air.

"How are you and Jasper doing today, Vic?"

"I'm well. Jasper is on duty at your home. I'm surprised you didn't see him," he rumbled, rolling to let me pass him,"but then again you're always running."

Vic was Jasper's lifemate and my partner-in-crime on occasion; Jasper was one of my father's guards and my perpetual savior. "You know my dad."

"Hmm... yes. I try not to cross him."

"Ah, well." I shrugged. "What can I say? I'm adventurous."

"Short trip to stupid."

I smirked and swatted his rump. "See ya, Vic."

His tail swept out and returned the tap. "I'm sure you will, Vera darkling."

I kept myself plastered to the wall as I passed him and as soon as I was clear resumed my jog. I picked up the pace until I came to the 65th and Broadway station. I levered myself and hopped up onto the small platform. In the human world I would have been able to see the stains from a million footprints, the graffiti lining the walls, one blown up and demanding people buy another useless product. Not here though. The platform was pitch black with only the smallest amount of light filtering in from the staircase leading above ground. Despite my heightened sight, I couldn't tell which part of the wall had pictures or where on the black floor people had stepped. Just like on the other side, where a train stopped at platform and dozens of people boarded, they couldn't see me or feel me. I could smell Brodie as I took the stairs three at a time, hopped over the turnstile, and climbed another short set of stairs.

The incubus was a mix of cigarette smoke, tattoo ink, and sex. Always sex. I spotted him taking a drag from his cigarette: Good Companion. It was the only brand he smoked.

I climbed the last few steps to him. "Those things'll kill you."

Brodie looked over his shoulder, the tattoo trailing up his neck twisting and expanding like the curved snake might be alive. "If I was human," he rasped in a voice made hoarse from a thick coating of tar on his vocal chords.

I rolled my eyes as I stepped in front of him. Brodie played up the bad boy image, complete with a tight fitted t-shirt under a leather jacket and coupled with worn dark blue jeans. His boot-heels scraped against the concrete as he unlocked his ankles and leaned toward me.

He sniffed. "You smell wet."

"I am."

"Time of the month?"

Unlike full succubi, I didn't need sex on a regular basis, just once a month. "Yeah."

"Want to fuck?"

"More than I want to breathe."

Brodie nodded, pulling back. He took another drag on the cigarette before crushing it in his hand and letting the ashes fall from his palm. His gray eyes were cool as they raked me from head to toe. "Any place in particular?"

"Alley's fine."

I grabbed his hand and towed him across the deserted street. The minute we were in the darker shadows I dropped to my knees, slid down his zipper, and took out his cock. He was hard and wet, ready to go. I gulped him, took him deep into my throat until he growled and fisted his hand in my hair. I sucked deeper and hollowed my cheeks.

"You've gotten better."

I looked up at him and raised an eyebrow. Better? I was fucking perfect. I'd practiced with him enough. I started to hum gently as I traced my hands up his legs, nails raking across his jean-clad thighs. Increasing the vibrations, I pulled him deeper into my throat and breathed through my nose.

If I was lucky, Brodie would come quickly and I'd stave off the craving that came with my monthlies. If I was unlucky, he'd last longer, ignite my fire, and we'd be fucking well into the night. I had too much to do to let that happen.

I moved my fingers to his balls, massaging them as I gently bobbed my head down on him. His hips jerked, and precome smeared the back of my throat. My middle finger stroked down his balls and pressed his taint.

His fingers scored my scalp and ruined my bun as he came. I swallowed his semen and felt his energy soak into my body, calming my raging hormones. There was a brief feeling of euphoria, the kind that humans described doing drugs. It speared every nerve ending, sent me into a mind numbing orgasm, tinged with pain from the scarp of my nipples against my lace bra dna my clit against my cotton panties. The crash was fast, a plument, head cracking descent to reality. Brodie's energy settled into my blood, balancing the succubus and muse in me enough to let me think.

I removed my hand and pulled my head away. He righted himself and zipped up his pants as I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand and felt my hair. It was a little messy, but nothing major.

He cleared his throat and scratched his growing beard. "That it?"

"For now."

He didn't say anything as we left the alley and started down the street toward the warehouse where a den of vamps were currently camped our. "You smell like a dragon," he murmured after a minute, fingering another cigarette.

"I saw Vic."

"Oh yeah? And how's he doing?"

"Good. I didn't talk to him for long though, I was running."

"Always," he chuckled.

I cast a glance at him and nudged his shoulder. "I'm not bad."

He raised a brow and then smiled broadly. I had a second of warning before he wrapped an arm around my neck and tousled my head playfully. "No, you're worse."

I shoved him away and finger combed my hair back into its bun. He wouldn't have been able to pull that move if he wasn't tall, six three and just under the average height of an incubi. I scrunched up my face and stuck my tongue out at him. "Shouldn't you be more grateful? I did just blow you."

He rolled his eyes exaggeratedly. "Yes, mighty Vera. What would I do without your glorious mouth? Surely my dick would shrivel up. Or fall off without your expert care."

I laughed. "Jackass."

He took another drag and blew out three perfect rings of smoke. "You wouldn't have me any other way."

I wouldn't. He was full-on incubus, tatted to the nines, magic in his veins, and more than a few succubi in his bed. I wasn't ashamed to say I was one of them, but not because I had romantic affection for him. Brodie was like a brother to me, except I fucked him on occasion. If I didn't, I'd starve. And my hips, ass, and bust declared loud and clear that I did not stare myself.

"You look better," he commented.

I stretched, reaching my arms up to the darkening gray sky. "I feel better. Like I could take on a million vamps."

"Good thing they're only forty."

"Riiight," I said slowly. "You're sure it's only forty."

Brodie shrugged. "I haven't seen it personally, but the intel's good."

"And the intel from?"

"Nunya."

"Nunya who?"

He raised his hand and flicked the tip of my nose. "Nunya business."

I swatted his hand. Brodie was a man of secrets, like every other man in my life. I'd learned early that the demons who didn't have secrets were the ones I had to watch out for. I looked straight ahead, my vision sharper, hearing heightened to the slightest sound, nose detecting each demon to walk along the street during the last week.

We were coming to the side of a warehouse, a monstrosity of weathered and twisted metal, that looked like a well paced phone call away from demolition. "This it?" I asked, pulling down the zipper at my collar and taking out a pendant.

"Yeah." He threw his cigarette down and crushed the glowing embers under his heel.

I nodded, palming a knife as I held the pendant in my palm. I could feel the triangle shaped tanzanite cut into my palm as the three linked circles surrounding the stone broke apart, becoming slithering tendrils of darkness. The darkness raced over my skin and Brodie stepped closer to me, letting the darkness clutch onto him and cover him until we saw nothing by a stygian darkness. But just as quickly as the tendrils converted us, they receded, pulling back into the pendant and shaping into the three perfect circles surrounding the stone.

I blew out a deep breath and shivered all over. "God I hate that."

"Think you'd be used to it by now," Brodie whispered, peering around the corner of the building.

"Ask me after another dozen times."

I blinked rapidly, my eyes stinging and watering, and covered my nose as a sneeze took me. It happened every time I went to the human world. I was sure I was allergic to the mammals. bright lights blinded me, a million noises crowded me in, and the smell of humans, rodents, pets, and the infinite other beings taking up every molecule in the air flooded me.

Brodie scrubbed a hand across his face, trying hard to look unaffected and failing miserably. "Ready?" he asked in the language of succubi and incubi, Balinese. My ears tickled as the notes hit, a caress like sex for the ear.

I stuffed the pendant back in my cleavage, zipped up, and palmed another knife. I extended the cool metal just past my fingertips and nodded grimly. We tip-toed around the building, clinging to the shadows like dew on leaves. I took shallow breaths as we silently entered the building through a gash in the wall.

Brodie went first, a Smith & Wesson 1911 clutched in his hand and extended in front of me. I trailed, eyes peeled for the slightest movement. I heard the steady drip of sitting water, smelled rat feces and mildew and a faint hint of blood.

We were on a short concrete landing, treading above a den of waking vamps. I could see them rustling, shaking out their stiff legs. Brodie's informant had been right, there were about forty vamps, broken into little clusters and chatting amongst themselves. I couldn't catch their conversations, but then again I didn't care.

Brodie flagged me to a stop, using a series of quick hand gestures to direct me. He'd take one side, I'd take the other, and we'd silently chop them down until we were caught and then it would be all out war. It was our usual plan.

I nodded and slid the knives back in their pockets. I turned and swung myself up onto a soggy wooden beam, stretching my hands out and walking across the network of wood and steel beams to the other side of the room. It was hard to do because I was also watching Brodie move to the other side of the room and also making sure my movements didn't alert any of the vamps underneath me.

I bit back my sigh of relief as I made it across the room and squatted on the beam. I twisted and dropped my body, hooking the backs of my knees across a steel beam and hanging upside down. There was a group of three vamps beneath me, and as quietly as I could, I palmed the knives at my hips and threw them in quick succession at the first two vamps then released myself and dropped down to the third while snatching a third knife from my arm sheath.

The creature opened his mouth to scream, but I covered his mouth with my hands and buried my knife in his throat. Blood spurted from the wound and covered my face, but I ignored it and looked to the vamps around me, wondering if they'd seen. They hadn't.

I had one more second to throw out two more knives before we were spotted. "Demons!" someone shouted.

I searched the sea of vampires until I spotted light brown hair, the only other spot of color beside my white locks in a sea of black hair. Out eyes connected, turquoise locking with gray. He smiled at me, wide, before he sprayed a round of bullets into the five vamps closest to him.

sensanin
sensanin
533 Followers