All Comments on 'She’s So European.'

by Bh76

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 4 years ago
He got lucky twice

His run of bad luck (or bad women) had to end sometime and this story about how it came to an end was well worth reading 4 pages. I actually read the story with some question as to where it was going. Most of the stuff on Literotica is predictable after the first half page. I'm not sure how plausible Alan's very modest living style was - taking only $5K a month in addition to his guitar sales, but he didn't live badly and if he wanted something special he could afford it. I still think he should get the pre-nup signed. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
My 2 cents

A very nice story. 5 stars! I liked the characters and the flow of the story. I liked the family themes and that he wanted somebody to start a family with. I liked the build up and the romance of the story. I think you could have stretched the romance out some more to add to the story though. I don't know crap about guitars, but you made them sound interesting. That is what a good writer does, he makes the reader interested in the subject matter. Thanks for your time and imagination.

management91399management91399about 4 years ago

Sweet Story, very nice, I usually don't read romance so this was a breath of fresh air, two people actually being nice to each other!

dunmovynivdunmovynivalmost 4 years ago

“I figured, what the hell, and did as he demanded.

As soon as I was halfway done, my stomach erupted. I barely made it into the bathroom.

I finished the nasty, washed my face and brushed my teeth. "Jesus, Dad."

"That's step one. You have to get that out of the way. Now, take some pain killers for the headache and drink the Gatorade to help rehydrate. We all woke up late, but let you sleep through breakfast. We're going to a late lunch at Giada's restaurant now, so shit, shower, shave and meet us in the lobby in a half-hour."

Laughing, I said, "Okay."”

I don’t think, after all this, feeling terrible, hurling, etc., that he would be “Laughing”. I’d say more like growling.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
European?

I don't see the link

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 4 years ago
Nice modern fairy tale.

Very enjoyable with just enough edge.

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Decent

Decent story.How come he didn't ask her to sign a pre nup

cybojicybojiover 3 years ago
Great story,

Im glad he did it the way he did. Thank you 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good story

Entertaining to boot. But there didn't seem to be anything "European" about it nor did I see where Daddy asked her to sign a pre-nup. Other than that, thanks for the effort.

SraulersSraulersover 3 years ago

Good story, but in the real world a woman as described wouldn’t be trustworthy in the long run. Mary’s totally hypergamous, and it’s just a matter of time before the next Mr Right comes along. Alan may be attractive, rich and a sex god, but there’s always someone that’s even more of all of the above, and they prey on beautiful women; single or married makes no difference. She’s shown she can be lured away, even when she has a good thing going. She may agree to marry him, but it’s the money that will keep her there... for now.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 3 years ago
Very nice story

Really liked this story. Well written. Brought a big smile to my face. Thank-you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Good, but Ended a bit quickly.

Good story, though could have been better with a more robust ending. Maybe an epilog.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Wouldn’t trust her.

BTW You’re lucky to get a 4* from Overcritical.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 3 years ago

Enjoyable take on the rich-man/poor-girl theme, I really enjoyed it, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

If you won 425 million on power ball your cash out after taxes would be about one third or $141 million. If you gave your family 10 million each (total of 30 million) that would leave you with 111 million. With conservative blue stock investments, you would earn 4 to 5 percent gross income and about 3% after taxes. That represents $2500 per month per million. So each family person group would get $25,000 per month. You would get more than $275,000 per month. All of these figures are after taxes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wonderful story. He found out she loved him before he discussed money. She also told him she wants lots of bedrooms for their babies. Please write a Part 2...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"Hello Kettle. My Name is Pot. You're Black."

"So European"? When it comes to divorce rates or gold digging - or hypocrisy in general, the US versus the EU is "Six Of One; Half A Dozen Of The Other".

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story. Deserves a part2.

RanDog025RanDog025about 2 years ago

Great story and I agree that it deserves a part 2. Another 5 BIG FAT SHINY STARS!

LifeisadventureLifeisadventurealmost 2 years ago

Liked the story but not sure about a part 2? I think if they live happily ever after what’s the point? If they don’t live happily ever after what’s the point? However, as much as I liked the story the ending was a little abrupt and maybe rushed. So a page or 2 more could help if it was something clever and well thought out? But 5 stars for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story, but I'd like to hear a bit more for an ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hope she lives up to her promises.

woodrangewoodrange12 months ago

Ah money,the toilet paper of life

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Sure hope she sign the Prenup. I wouldn't trust her fully.

I don't understand why he have to give away some money to his extended family. What have they done to deserve that ?????

AnonymousAnonymous20 days ago

As much as I HATE gold diggers of either gender, I hope she proves to be a keeper (her background doesn't sound bad, "nice girl from the poor side of the tracks") we've read stories with ones who should have been burned at the stake.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBh76@Bh76
2/9/24: Out of the Shadows is finally ready and dropping soon. My long-awaited sequel to Heart is Where the Home Is and Living In the Shadows picks up where Living left off and continues the saga of Mel, Joe, Lainey, Ken, and the rest of the gang. My patreon supporters have al...