All Comments on 'She Said I Was the One Ch. 02'

by anothermarrieddude

Sort by:
  • 210 Comments
JADED_ONE1969JADED_ONE1969about 15 years ago
Not sure this needed.

But even so a good read and good to see a woman actually startign to consider what she did. Well written as before. Keep them coming.

kelchakelchaabout 15 years ago
Great Story

Strange to say, but I really liked the cheating wife. She has come to a realization about herself and has an opportunity to grow. ***** And I also liked the husband. It seems that in the back of his mind was the thought that he was just waiting for the ax to fall. His lack of security must have had some effect on the marriage. ***** I would like them to get back together - therapy would be good. ***** Is it really possible for a woman to have an affair for more than a year and not think about getting caught?

DrallDrallabout 15 years ago
What now?

So sad! I hope the two can somehow get back together. If not,the story was well done anyway. Thank you.

RPBPhotoRPBPhotoabout 15 years ago
Excellent story

Very well written and, as another commenter noted, I found myself feeling a bit of simpathy even for the wife - - who realizes what she had, and lost.

I do hope that there will be a Chapter 3.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
The faithless wife who was so self centered and

narcisstic destroyed her own marriage by being arrogant and stupid. There are two true statements that all of these reconciliation at any cost people need to remember. One if she truly loved her husband the event would never have happened or even be considered. Second, taht once a person cheats, they are a cheater, and will cheat again when the opportunity and rationalization come together. One doesnt reconcile with a slut, one gets as far again as they can and takes all the medical test at the same time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
One of the better ones

I am almost always disappointed when an author revisits a finished story. However, this is one of the very few exceptions.

You do have a knack for writing well thought out and clever dialogue.

Risq_001Risq_001about 15 years ago
A pretty good sequel!

<p>I'll be honest, at first I didn't like it, but as I read on more and more I started to.</p>

<p>I think the best part of the story, was that you gave the reader an insight into the wife as a person. Enough so that I started to feel bad for her. Not enough that I thought they should get back together, but enough that I felt bad they divorced. If she hadn't run down her husband so bad with Don, then later at the end mentioned that Don wasn't the only one, just the only one that her husband knew about because he was so long term.</p>

<p>If she hadn't been so selfish and self centered as a character I may have wished for a reconcile, but since she was and did it with such abandon, I couldn't really see them back together.</p>

<p>This is a decent sequel to the story and gives great insight. And the comment about how much the husband sacrificed for the wife and the thing he had left at this point was his pride and that was the only thing he was going to try to hold on it, after such humiliation, was a pretty good touch too.</p>

-Risq

woodmanonewoodmanoneabout 15 years ago
Well done, good read

A good story, I felt good that they had joined and very sad when she cheated and as easily and with no reservations as she did. Good writing. A Chapter 3 please. Looking forward to their further interaction. Thanks.

woodmanonewoodmanoneabout 15 years ago
Sorry me again

Should have put this in my first comment. Guess you story was so good I just keep thinking about. It. As I said before I really liked your story and the writing. Enjoyed the characters. However, and this is purely personal, I would have liked to have our hero, the husband, be more reactive. Feel he should have done more to confront her when he saw them together the first time. In addition, the amount of time he spent in the closet watching them was to me unacceptable. I am not much bigger than our hero and I would have confronted them as they walked in the door. Again purely my reaction. Also don't believer Don should get off so easily. He is married and knew she was too. Not to be allowed. I believe his marriage should be put in danger also. All and all good story. Please continue. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
I make it short

as good as the first part. but why can't you finish a story? again everything is open.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusabout 15 years ago
More of an Equal than a Sequal

Great story, even when retold from the perspective of the wayward wife. Saint Mark clings to being destroyed for now, and Denise is wallowing in self-pity. Perhaps they could both take some time to figure out what they want in Chapter 3 and then, when a dramatic crisis arises which forces Mark and Denise together (although, please, not a plane crash!) they will reconcile. After all, that's what happens on Literotica!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
I want to say . . .

that this story is unique but it isn't though it IS real life in its' episodes. For most fems they have to learn the facts of married life the hard way cause they're creatures more akin to animals than intellectual human males. They listen to their bodies and emotions and have little capacity to actually think and what they do have is divided between instinctual and little conscious thought. The male character in this story and most others most always have it correctly right down to what his man is saying to himself and even voiced to the fem.

As intelligent as he's portrayed and thinking as he's supposed to have he came to trust her after a couple years. He noticed something out of whack and did something about it and learned he shouldn't have. He doesn't know she was fully engaged with another man for a year or more and only when she became careless did she make mistakes of the type he caught onto. The fem writer of this tale doesn't exactly tell us ALL those mistakes because there's ALWAYS more than she knows, fems never know do they guys?

I know it's just a story but after a marriage of 12 years and the last year cheating? I don't think so, no. That doesn't happen in real life as proved by actual statistics.

The FIRST cheat occurs sometime in the 2nd year, the second in the 5th, the third in the 7th and so forth until such time as she begins seeing age 40 coming up faster and faster and goes all out in a full blown affair and does't care much if her husband finds out. The imaginary husband is portrayed as an unobservant idiot and doesn't find out himself, the info has to come from elsewhere even as in this story.

All any guy has to do to protect himself from the results in this story is never to marry at all and keep his emotions separated from his intellect,let his intellect control his life.

t_i_n_at_i_n_aabout 15 years ago
excellent

This is an excellent bit of writing, and I hope that you can continue with this vein. As to the complaint that your writing doesn't end....well, neither does life.

bruce22bruce22about 15 years ago
We have a fine writer added to the stable.....

A really interesting sequel that turns Denise into a tragic figure lacking the maturity to consider the possible result of her actions before acting. She is a person who tried to live a double life and did not get away with it. Perhaps she ought to chat with Don before deciding on her future...

<P>

I was really surprised by Risq's statement that she was a repeat cheater. Since unlike some other commentators he does not believe that he knows more about the characters in the story than the author, I felt that I must have missed something and reread the second chapter. No, I did not miss anything! Nor did he invent!

<P>

The phrases "I realized that my faithfulness for most of our marriage wasn't a result of a great marriage, though we certainly had that. Nor was it the result of any great moral character on my part. and,

<P>

I simply had never been interested in all that many men. Every time I had been interested, I had acted upon it...even when I was happily married" are perfectly ambiguous and can mean different things to different people.

I believed she was being ironic, since Don was the only other male that stirred her.

This all goes to prove that the "Dude" is really a fine writer!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Sorry

Needs another chapter

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Completed the story! Good job!

I was one who wanted to hear her side of the story. Good job of developing her character. After learning about her I don't see any chance of reconciliation. She may have learned something from this that would permit a new healthy relationship but not with Mark.

You are a good writer. Keep on writing.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 15 years ago
Good series

IRL she'll realize she screwed up and move on. So will he. I agree with the comment that Don should not get away with it, although IRL he probably would. Good writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Good Story

Nice to see a lack of violence and instead normal emotions and reactions. It'll be interesting to see what happens next. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Great Job!

It was best that Mark dumped her. He should've at least told Don's wife about things so that she'd know what kind of a person she's married to. Really there is NO reason to keep the other spouse 'in the dark'. That's my only disagreement with the flow of the story. This seems like the perfect place to end this one. But I'll watch for your next one! Thanks for the entertainng reads......

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Very Convincing

He said a lot of the things we would all like to say, I do believe their would be some pay back against the airline and Don, but thats just me. Good writing and thanks, I hope their is more.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 15 years ago
Pretty good.

This story (chapter 2) can be the end or one or more additional chapters can follow; it is good either way, so far. But honestly, I can't see why Mark should waste his time reconciling. This couple is now in their 30's. If Denise is really going to have children, then she needs to develop another relationship pretty quickly, one secure enough to start a family, as the old clock is really ticking for her. I know there are women who have born children when they were as old as 60 but this is difficult and very expensive, requiring all sorts of assisted reproductive technology. Her fertility will start dropping as she approaches 40, so she really does not have much time left. Mark, on the other hand, can certainly meet another woman, say one in her late 20's, take the time to get to know her, and still have a family life with children in the picture. Denise has really blown it. Her flight attendant life (sorry, but I see this as a glorified waitress job) will grow boring and as she gets old and wrinkled, she will find it tough (without money as an attractant) to find companionship. Good riddance to her. For Mark, there really are other fish in the sea, and some of them are keepers, not throw-backs. Good story and please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Very Good...

I praise the author for not only his writting style but the way the situation was handled. He did not turn into a whimp no did he let her make it all his fault. He let her know exactly what she did and what she vowed not to do and they were in dirct convlict. You might say he is stubborn, but he is a man standing up to his wife and telling her he does not give a damn anylonger and she is the cause of the potential breakup. She cannot see the forrest for the trees and even if she could, she would be lost. They both lose but she is a CHEATER AND CHEATERS ALWAYS GET CAUGHT AND HURT

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
KUDO's Author

Seems as good a start as is possible. I'm impressed with your touch / depth and the ability to picture it for us.<P>

You are looked forward to - so take the time to do the next as well or better.<P>

With High Regard

sirsemegasirsemegaabout 15 years ago
NICE~

You wrote:

<br>

"Oh...and one other thing...do you really think that our sex life has remained as new and exciting to me as it was at the beginning? It has not because it can't.

<p>

Here's how I chose to address that in case you're curious. I tried hard to keep the romance alive and keep the excitement going for both of us by being spontaneous, making time for us, and making you feel sexy and special. Additionally...in those times that I found myself in situations where I was attracted to another woman and there seemed to be mutual interest...and there have been a few... I chose you.

<p>

Every time.

<br>

You chose Don, Denise."

<br>

"Goodbye Denise!"

<P>

And that about sums things up. Her having no clue that perhaps everything she was feeling, about excitement waning,the spark dying down, he felt as well, but he tried to work with her to make it better, she gave up and focused on another man.

<br>

No hope for this relationship. He's already moved on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Good Work!

I enjoyed your story, both chapters. It is interesting to get the perspective of the husband and the wife. The wife is a sad character. The husband is lucky to get away from her. She just didn't love him enough to be married to him. They will both end up happier in the long run. He can find a new life partner and move on. She can chase after Don on lay overs at the airport, at least until she grows up. Then, who knows, maybe even she will turn out ok.

CastleStoneCastleStoneabout 15 years ago
Thanks for the sequel

Great story, it would be nice if you could continue it, but I don't see how. Ah, all good things must come to an end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Author never implicated her...

in other acts of cheating,going so far as to reiterate her "prudish" reputation up to point she meets Don.Good story,open-ended enough to allow sequel but not with reconciliation.(Unless she suffers debilitating facial injuries!)Pistolpackinpete

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
When it's over, it is really over!

Just like the fight on "pay-per-view" last night - when it is over, it is really over. No "do-overs" and only idiots would think she deserves another chance. Once a cheater, always a cheater due to the fact they are missing the concept of marriage vows and a commitment to communicate with each other. He was not to blame nor should the ex-husband feel any guilty at releasing this slut. Does anyone doubt she will find someone in her "league" soon enough and she will dismiss the former husband as a bad decision to be forgotten. Author did a good job at bringing out the emotions of the characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Good!

I Like the plot, dude.And yes, she take him for granted!PaulH.

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 15 years ago
It was Ok

A bit redundant though. IMO, a monologue which essentially apologizes/explains the same point the plot has reached in the prior chapter, only from a different POV does not carry enough weight to justify a separate chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
fluent and good

fluent writing, good character development with strong emotions. Would like to see some follow-up on further developments, not a reconciliation per se. If I would have been Mark, revenge on Don would have been forthcoming. Of course, pictures for Don's wife would have been handy. But as a seasoned cheater, this wouldn't be Don's first affair.

So It wouldn't be difficult to find out more on him. As for her, I don't care what really happens to her.

ohioohioalmost 15 years ago
engrossing and sad

just like the first chapter. I hope that you'll continue this story, if it makes sense to you to do so; or that you'll post other stories soon. Thanks, ohio

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Sorry this really explains nothing.

The woman described here is virtually a little girl in a big girls body. She is self indulgent, self centered, and self satisfying. She never thought because she assumed her husband would be unattractive to other women, while at the same time, she assumed she was attractive to all men. She gave in and started an affair that destroyed her marriage and her husband. For her nothing is destoryed, she is the center of her world. She can continue with Don or seek out a new man to be her base, to her it really doesnt matter at all, she is that shallow.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
This is fair to poor...

But with a little work this story could be a 100+%

see if you can up it a little thanks

SELSTIMSELSTIMalmost 15 years ago
Good Story but...

too close to real life. The reactions and result are how most relationships involving a cheating spouse end up. The victim isn’t a NAVY SEAL (they’re the elite for a reason), they don’t, all of a sudden, become rich or irresistible to the opposite sex and they don’t usually fall in love right away with someone ten times better than their cheating spouse. The perpetrator is usually sorry but in a lot of cases they cover it up with anger and start yelling, usually blaming the other for their cheating rather than cry for hurting their spouse and begging for forgiveness. Let’s face it, a broken marriage is devastating and sad but we read these stories to be entertained so the wronged spouse has to get revenge and be much better off without their old partner and the perp has to be sorry and sad for the rest of their life. In most cases, real life is boring so that’s why some of your readers are disappointed with your ending. If you want to please them then just add some or all of my examples and you’ll have a hit. For example; “Being a NAVY SEAL, I took Don by the throat and hurled him out the window of the fourth floor suite of the Hotel. I’ll pretend I knew there was a swimming pool below although he did clip the diving board breaking both his legs and permanently disabling the third. Denise just sat there crying, begging for me to take her back but I just informed her that I just sold my business for 10.5 million dollars and that I was there to surprise her with the news. Too bad Bitch! Now I can afford a younger model that will be faithful and adores me. Plus, she points birds and fetches, too. She’ll have to sign a pre-nup, of course. Have a nice life but I’m going to use my money to make sure you die old and alone regretting your betrayal.” See it’s easy. Not too creative but easy. Thank you for your story. I enjoyed it. Really!

SleeplessinMDSleeplessinMDalmost 15 years ago
An excellent first effort...

but here are some comments. So Denise meets the sexual equivalent to Mark. The problem is it is hard for two total strangers to connect emotionally without some shared life experience (e.g., school, neighborhood). Lust at first sight is more common but after the initial high how is it that Denise never took a step back to think about Mark who was supposedly her soul mate (i.e., the one)? She thought of not answering her phone when Mark called but never considered what her lust could do to her marriage. So she cheats for a year rearranging her work flights so she could spend as much time as possible with Don. The second part was somewhat anti-climatic with very little new information. Where were the friends and relatives of the couple during this year long episode? Don's reaction when they were caught by Mark demonstrated that he was a creep. Mark never knew Denise because she did not know herself. So Denise had fought off the advances of men and women for 11 years but in one moment she sluts herself out to Don. She thought about her marriage during those other occasions but with Don she could not help herself? Come on! Flight attendants through the nature of their work run into hundreds of "Dons" every year. Since Denise was such a knockout these Dons would be hitting on her left and right. The other critical flaw in this story is this emotional/mental connection between Mark and Denise. They both claimed this deep connection and yet she failed to let him know that he had been replaced in the bedroom and Mark could not sense her lies and deception for s year. So when Mark was making love to Denise he never picked up on her thinking about Don and not him? I also found it pathetic him being in a closet for 2 hours (no wonder she thought he might forgive since he watched them so long). Since they had nothing to fight over during the divorce why put yourself through that for 2 hours (sounds like a wimp)! In most states all he needs to do is take a few pictures of them kissing/entering the hotel room late at night.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Excellent Story and Very Realistic

I'm sick of stories that have either unbelievable endings, cuckholded husbands, or wonderfully forgiving human beings that live happily ever after. Whether integrity and self respect are real or fantasy when dealing with a cheating spouse, virtually all of us aspire to those admirable qualities. Some people might argue that you got your revenge. I'd disagree with them. This story was not about "getting even". It was about getting back your life as a man. It was about you, not her!!!

Wonderful job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
You have taken what could have been an excellent

story and filed it in file 13. This story sounds very much your other story I read earlier. The difference was you put those two back together for a bit, in this one you left it hanging. So I have left your points doing the same thing hanging on almost a 0. If you write a story, have the guts to complete it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
wimpy from the jump

i'm not good enough from the start was a dead giveaway.my dick isn't big enough and she will find someone else.why you married her in the first place with that thinking.looking at another man fuck your wife and didn't do nothing was the wimp of the year award.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Excellent 2nd half

After the first half, I thought that Mark would wimp out and you were going to force a reconciliation even though nothing really changed. Frankly, this was one of the best "Caught cheating" stories out there. Some commentators feel that Mark was a wimp for recognizing that as a shorter man he couldn't compete with the tall, dark, handsome strangers that his wife's beauty would attract. To me, he was just being realistic. The best lines here were at the end, "I realized that my faithfulness for most of our marriage wasn't a result of a great marriage ... I simply had never been interested in all that many men. Every time I had been interested, I had acted upon it...even when I was happily married." Excellent insight! Thanks for your writings, I will be looking for more of your work. -Ttom

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Well thee ending stunk. It was a no ending

Kinda bad when writers dont like their stories enough to actually complete them. Attacking some things and agreeing with some things. Yes the husband is right she already proved by her actions she was not in love nor did she love her husband. A woman who loved a man could not actually do what this braindead slut did while thinking with her cunt. I can see talking to a woman you are involved with and thinking of marrying to clarify whether she really loves you or not. But to tell her you arent good enough for her when she thinks you are, is to give her a permit to look for something better later. This particular slut doesnt want to reconcile because the loves her husband she wants to reconcile because her lover is married and cant marry her. If you dont get that you dont realize she stays with hubby not for love but for lifestyle. Hubby pays the way, lover fucks her. I would never really want to know what percentage of marriages actually are that type of marriage. It might end the concept of marriages all together. What is abundantly clear is that in no way should the exhusband consider any type of sexual relation with her for at least a year while she undergoes all of the testing needed to prove she is HIV and STD free. Yes it does take a year to get a highly reliable evaluation.

SELSTIMSELSTIMover 14 years ago
LOOKING GOOD until..........

you cut off the end. The first chapter was excellent. Everything was very proportional. The second chapter you spent three quarters of it developing Denise's character and for one exception you did it very well but given the abrupt ending what was the point. In other words, WHAT DID SHE DO DURING AND AFTER THE DIVORCE. HOW DOES HIS AND HER LIFE TURN OUT? Are we to ASSUME that they just moved on and remarried other people? How did this traumatic break in their relationship affect future relationships in their lives? Why did you spend so much time on character development when you really weren't going to give us any new information about how their lives turned out? Unless, the reason for spending so much time developing her character was to take up space like this was your high school homework and you had a minimum word requirement. As little as, one more page, summing up their lives, would have turned this into a really nice story. Good writing skills, good story, disappointing ending.

grogers7grogers7over 14 years ago
Very real for a mature man

Mark's assessment of his wife is as clear and realistic as I have read in hundreds of "cheating" genre stories. Tough ending, but real. Her self evaluation at the very end is truthful, but I doubt she would have that clarity without proressional psychoanalysis and psychotherapy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
An excellent story

but, where's the ending?

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
oh?

oh? that's it? piss poor ending! you just don't get it, do you? ..........

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great ending

I guess some people just don't get it.

zed0zed0about 14 years ago
Pretty Good Ch.2

Leave Mark with his manhood intact. Do not write a wimp out chapter 3. Any further chapters would have to involve Mark letting Don's wife know about his "extra curricular activities" and inflicting further misery on his ex by living well in a better relationship with a new and honest women. Or better yet humiliate her somehow by involving her in Don's very messy and public divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Is this the story's end

Good story though there re some parts that don't ring true in matching with other parts of the story. I think that the author should write another chapter to finish the story. RAG

norcal62norcal62almost 14 years ago
An intelligent LW story.

Enjoyed the analysis of emotions and motivations. Very well done and well edited but for a couple of slips. Was highly believable and that made the story most entertaining.

norcal62norcal62almost 14 years ago
Second take. Hubby set up as low self esteem, low self confidence guy.

That made the story easier to write, but with all the self deprecation going on the efforts at keeping the relationship "lively" seem superficial. Little discussion of continuing communication between spouses. Another point; I don't understand the apparent fantasy of male LW authors writing a story where the male says I'm just an average Joe and I don't know why this super model, number 11 woman saw anything in me, but she did. This wanders quickly into unbelievable situations created just for some fairy tale.

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
Oh wow, just what the site needed, a story from the sluts pov.....

No matter what he/she says she is just a cheating slut.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Well said;

Big John told it like it is, and I for one have to agree. R.T.

LittleJohn35LittleJohn35about 13 years ago
A story without an ending

Your story was very good. I expecially like both points of view. It needs a conclusion. Real life has actions and consequences. It never ends with both parties thinking about the situation forever. She works hard and the marriage resumes with everlasingly joy and happiness or she works hard to rebuild the marriage, but fails miserably and then THE END. This is what makes movies and books enjoyable. The Story that leads to a conclusion.

RePhilRePhilabout 13 years ago
1 star

I gave one star because there was no ending. If men think with their dicks then women live by their cunts

huedogghuedoggalmost 13 years ago
I gave it 4 stars

rephil and norcal you guys are fucking crazy, the story had and ending, their done. He had low self esteem, please he knew his limitations and move on.

RePhilRePhilalmost 13 years ago
Five stars

Good one

FD45FD45almost 13 years ago
I gave it 4 stars

The story, the emotions and ever the confrontation were first rate. But you have not yet learned how to use quote marks. Which made reading it a bit hard.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

Well, she certainly learned that somethings from her would not be tolerated! And don, extract some well measured revenge for him, where he had a bunch to lose. He should lose BIG.

killerwhale681killerwhale681almost 13 years ago
It's not a question of self esteem, rather of poor judgment

Mark was a realist. Denise was gonna leave him at some point, and he knew it. If he had a failing, it was becoming involved with her when he knew the likely outcome. So he wasted 12 years of his life due to this failure to protect himself. Denise proved out as a selfish cunt, and that really isn't any surprise, when a careful look is given to her background. In my own particular circumstance, I knew that my fiance had mental problems, but married her anyways. Same lack of judgment, and the same outcome, a divorce and wasted years that I can't get back.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
SELF ANYLISIS AFTER THE IPSO-FACTO

might work in court but not between exes. TK U MLJ LV NV

emotionnmotionemotionnmotionover 12 years ago
ahhh

another slut caged by her own lust..oh yeah!

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
Really captured the emotional weakness of women

You know it's funny, so many Hollywood movies (like "Steel Magnolias") portray women as being much stronger emotionally than men, but men quietly know that this is not true. When men commit, they do so with depth and conviction. Women, on the other hand, are slaves to their emotions. Good job dealing with this subject.

BTTapBTTapabout 12 years ago
I liked your take in this version.

The first story in this duo was good, but nothing special. I thought this one was interesting. When well done, the cheating wife's perspective is much more compelling in these tales. Here, the wife loved her hubby, but cheated for a prolonged time, with no plans to quit, with little or no guilt, and with no real excuse vis a vis hubby's failings. And, she realizes why-until she cheated, she had never wanted another man. Once she did-for whatever reason (not a conscious choice)-she didn't let anything stop her. In fact, she gave no consideration to anything, other than to keep it from hubby. In short-she was purely selfish. Big surprise right? But, it was cool how you revealed it, to the reader and the wife.

It reminds me of the old expression-it's easy to be virtuous when you don't have temptation.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307about 12 years ago
What a bitch!!!

Sorry about the three star rating because the story was very well written, but, God, Denice has to be the most vile character since Linda from DG Hear's "The Affair". I could almost hear her whiny voice spouting that pseudo-psychology about why she chose to cheat. How utterly dispicable. Maybe it's bitches like her that make me such a fan of revenge stories. A fitting end for her story would have been a revenge-suicide.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

SHe learned a lesson, and he is free to find what he could not with her. Probably has not learned the complete lesson, but so it goes.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Gone

She toof her loving husband and her happy life and threw it out the window. Fuck her. I hope she caught aids.

DON"T CHEAT ON YOUR SPOUSE.

CONSEQUENCES ABOUND

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
#2 WHEN IN THE COURSE OF HUMAN EVENTS

.a pair cannot overcome the inevitable broken vows. TK U MLJ LV NV

chytownchytownalmost 12 years ago
Great Read!!!!

Thanks for sharing this very different and deep story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
OK then

you managed to save the story by not having Mark wimp out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Finally a decent well written story to counter-act all the cuck-bullshit spewed on this site.

Well done author - once a cheater, always a cheater - they simply do not want to stop cheating. A critical & fatal human characteristic of such unfaithfulness is always dominant in slut-ex-wives as demonstrated in this sad tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Part 3

Part 3 please! Not everyone that cheats, cheats again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
I gave it 5 stars ...

... some well thought out points were expressed.

PatsyPoohPatsyPoohalmost 12 years ago
Part three

You haven't written for three years so are unlikely to, what a shame. 5*

Part three would be great.

carvohicarvohiover 11 years ago
OK a five but...

I gave you a five, but with some serious reservations. First you cut it off too quickly. I can't imagine somewhere out there they wouldn't have at least one face to face. Second, I got the impression Denise had a habit of playing around. Mark might have caught on sooner. Still a decent tale.

phil2213phil2213about 11 years ago
Good points

The story tried to intellectualize the anatomy of cheating. The job of flight attendant has vast opportunities for romantic encounters. I worked as a contractor that serviced the layover properties near a major airport in the east coast. It looked like a frat house with vast stocks of alcohol and beer. There were signs of serious partying in these facilities and very well furnished and equipped party rooms. When minor repairs were done the airline personnel sat around the place in skimpy under garments and the females were very Flirty. I would be a little reluctant to marry a flight attendant personally but that's just me. The story seemed to lack emotion. The emotion was very clinical and wordy. The points were good but to text book feeling dialogue that talked in circles and not to the gorilla in the room. Thanks for the effort.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007about 11 years ago
Bitch!

I don't see how some commenters felt sympathy for the slut wife in this story. She deserves to be divorced and her husband deserves a wife that will be loyal to him. I wanted to see more of her response to being caught and trashed. He'll never take her back.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
Second Comment

She was a selfish bitch. Like she said, when she fancied a man she went for him, married or not. This is a cunt who deserves to die alone and disease ravaged. The husband did good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Denuse deserves to be alone

that's all I have to say

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
The bitch deserves to go down in flames!

Let her crawl back to Don, have his kid out of wedlock, have Don kick her to the curve because he can't stomach a long term relationship with a cheater, lose her job and end up as a greeter at Walmart.

carvohicarvohialmost 11 years ago
Good but sad story

Dear Married Dude: I enjoyed reading your tale. In the beginning it seemed there were a few errors; those things typical of someone who is over familiar with a story and checks it himself. They're unavoidable. One of my wife's high school girlfriends became a stewardess. Her married life was checkered; there were just too many opportunities. She'd find Mr. Right, but then one or the other of them would falter. Often as not Mr. Right was something of a frequent flyer, and had his opportunities as did my wife's friend. I felt sorry for Mark, but he got twelve good years out of a woman who was by nature perhaps somewhat promiscuous. Perhaps the nature of her job just created too many opportunities; sooner or later she was going to break down. She did, she got caught, and that ended it. Good story. Enjoyed it. You know its good when you don't want to leave the characters; there's a desire to find a sequel somewhere, a maybe they reconcile though never remarry.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
This is an ending?

Well, hopefully Don, with his big dick, left her a reminder of her infidelity. Like, pregnant and with a case of virulent STD. Shallow headed bitch deserves the worse. Meanwhile, inadequate Mark wins a huge lottery and has his choice of desirable women chasing after him.

monkcalmmonkcalmalmost 11 years ago
Great story very true

Her character was a true modern woman.

1. you cant expect a women to love/respect forever, they multitask to well kid+1 fuck

2. a women never shows remorse only regret

3. They can never understand a man pain at betrayal.

4. women now believe they can truly have anything, men never have.

5. Marriage to women is a job a joke,hence they came up with stay at home moms and a professional woman.. while men are working dads.

javmor79javmor79over 10 years ago
Great writing!!! 5 stars!!

I liked this story a lot. This author is witty, funny, and has a great writing style. I found both of the characters very believable and "human". Both reactions felt real and not forced. I also liked that both characters were fundamentally flawed, but they both had other redeeming qualities that made them likable. No one on the planet is all good or all bad. Even though the wife cheated and found out that she really was conceited, she expressed a maturity and a "deeper" personality that drew you in. The husband was likeable and very charismatic with the quips, but his confidence was mixed with a self prophesying cynicism. Some people thought the story needed and ending, and I partially disagree. If this story were to stay as is, I wouldn't feel terribly cheated. I have no need to read her suffer for her selfish decision, nor do I feel the ache to have them reconcile. If this story does continue, of course my vote would be reconciliation. I feel that this character has the capacity to learn from her mistake and be a better person. I don't believe "once a cheater always a cheater" because that isn't true. Anyone has the ability to learn from their mistakes. Few people choose to learn, but the ones that do try to become better deserve a second chance. It is up to the wronged victim on whether they want to willingly put their heart on the line again. But if he or she does choose trust their heart again, that doesn't make them weak. It just makes them forgiving.

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 10 years ago
Well done

Generally I don't care about the slut's side but you presented her's well. This story does not need a third chapter. If the purveyor's of wimp cuck reconcilliation want to see that they can read the crap they put out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
just another heartless selfish cunt

Her only reason was "I didn't think about it, I just did it" That is one of the definitions of Cunt. Cunts have no emotions or feelings. Pathetic chapter 2. Wasn't needed. We got it in the first chapter.

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Right on

This is one of the few stories that exactly expresses my feelings on a cheating spouse. The very fact that they cheated is all you need to know that the marriage is over. If you think about it logically, if it was more sex they wanted they could have it with their spouse or masturbate. If it was real love they wanted, then they are in a loveless marriage and should move on anyway. If it was attention they wanted, then they should have talked to their spouse or seen a counselor. The truth is most people cheat to get a ego rush. They enjoy being desired by a new person, they enjoy the feeling of outsmarting their spouse, the enjoy breaking the rules. It is pride pure and simple. At 50 years old, I have seen many people cheat on their spouses and their kids. I have seen these people cheat their spouse out of a marriage and their kids out of a parent. I have seen them cheat themselves out of a family, out of their honor and self respect not to mention the respect of their peers. No one can really admire or trust a person who would cheat on their family. They have a bad track record. They are a bad bet.

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 10 years ago
I was reading the comments

And people kept complaining about the story being unfinished. It's clearly finished. AMD just refused to follow LW convention and trot out the usual tropes. No RAAC and no married up final chapter. You know the one where we flash forward X years and the protagonist is married to a younger more beautiful woman who worked her way thru med school as a Victoria's Secret model and is now doing her neurosurgery residency while providing him two perfect children.

Glad AMD didn't go that route on this one. A good short story doesn't need that kind of tying up and this is a damn good short story.

firas01firas01over 10 years ago
One of the greater stories on this site

The characters, the dialogue, the logic are all perfect, I don't care who the wife cheated with, and the cheating is an indication that the cheating spouse gave up on the marriage whether he/she admits it or not, great story, it is sad that this great author didn't write anything else in 4 years while new authors have nothing but cuckoldry to write about. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Oneshotone is right

The story is done. It needs neither reconciliation or revenge. It's finished--just like the marriage

bobyroy69bobyroy69over 10 years ago
A bunch of hypocrites

When he cheated on her previous wife he was not very proud of that, Duh. I hear what all of you are saying, that he had a reason. But I say, whatever the reason is, cheating is cheating, period. Now when his current wife cheats, he forgets what he himself really is and acts all high and mighty and berated her for that just like all of you who commented in the same manner. She is a cheater as he is but he is a hypocrite too like all of you. Karma is a BITCH, right?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
you win

never shoulda married the sub plain man, when yore the mosta butiful woman on earth.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
LET ME STATE THIS CLEARLY FOR ALL OF THE CHEATING WIFE APOLOGIST, WIMP LOVERS & CUCK LOVING READERS ..

DENISE IS A DISGUSTING, CHEATING CUNT ... A WHORE IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE THAT DESERVES TO TREATED BY EVERY MAN SHE MEETS AS HOLE TO FUCK, SOMETHING TO DUMP THEIR CUM IN AND THEN DISGARDED LIKE SO MUCH USED TOILET PAPER!

ANY WOMAN WHO ADMIRES AND WISHES TO EMULATE HER DESERVES THE SAME "FATE" SHE WILL HAVE FOR THE REST OF HER LIFE .. SCORN, RIDICULE & SHAME! WOMEN WILL NEVER TRUST HER AROUND THEIR HUSBANDS/BOYFRIENDS .. MEN WILL SEE HER NOT AS A LADY BUT A EASY PIECE OF ASS THAT IS OPEN TO ANY HARD COCK THAT COMES ALOND (OF COURSE, THEY WOULD NEVER BE CAUGHT DEAD WITH HER AROUND THEIR FRIENDS AND CO WORKERS).

SIMPLY PUT ... SHE DID THE CRIME AND NOW SHE WILL DO THE TIME!

sdc92078sdc92078about 10 years ago
Can't really feel bad for Mark

He was a cheater and he ended up marrying another cheater. If only all the cheaters in the world would somehow end up paired with each other instead of getting their hooks into non cheaters...

SplitAcesSplitAcesabout 10 years ago
Hypocrites?

Hey bobyroy69, you do realize that there are two definitions of a hypocrite? One is an evil person who pretends to be virtuous or religious for appearances sake. The other type of hypocrite aspires to be good, but frequently falls short of his beliefs; but as long as he keeps trying he will reach them, if not in this world, in the next.

I think it is safe to say that Mark falls into the second category and maybe you should cut him some slack. He seems to be making progress.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
hmmmm

No sane man will ever be with her long term again after hearing this story.

beauty fades.It's who will care for you as you age, and change, that counts.

She had an affair for over a year and said those things to him.

She doesnt love her husband anymore, its blatantly obvious. She is just comfortable with her current lifestyle, husband at home, exciting love life elsewhere.

If that guy could have divorced, would she have left her husband, I am betting yes. Now that is the question that needs to be asked.

It is the lucky few men that can happen to have a faithful or loving wife. Or any woman besides ones mother, perhaps sister, that really gives a darn about him rather then pretend, to get what they want. Thats the cold reality.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 10 years ago
Very well done -

She is going to hurt a lot - but she worked hard to get there -

Does she deserve another chance? - Did he in his first marriage - he wanted pone and got it - she wants one - but apparently will not get it - why she did it is important - but not all of the issue here.

Her reasons are the worst - no argument she sucked - NOW she knows what she is losing and NOW she gets it - that the writer has made clear. You as a reader are allowed to think whatever you want - when the writer makes a declarative - then it is the truth as far as the reader is concerned.

That given she does deserve the chance to meet his incredibly unlikely terms.

fifteen16fifteen16almost 10 years ago
Too true

Yes I agree with others, very well written unfortunately this is one of those stories that is too true to life, that's what it makes so good. The stupid gene often comes to the fore, I am reminded of two sayings learnt at my mothers knee, "know when you are well off" and "the grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
confused i guess

I agree with the comments about realism in this story.

But I am confused how a spouse could do it and not believe they are throwing away their family?

tae352001tae352001over 9 years ago
True to real life problems.

The two part sag for me was in my opinion as real as it gets for couples in this situation. Don't think so follow or listen to Tom Leykis or Dr. Phil or the few relationship experts. The true issue here is Denise, she chose to enter into marriage, all the while her mind set was still living the single life desiring the "Party like a Rock star" attitude. Was there something that clicked with Denise and Don? yeah, after a year of course. The fact remained, Don could not divorce his wife? why? perhaps its her wealth, and her family business that Don is stuck with. The notion of getting nothing from a divorce and settling in with a flight attendant that makes peanuts but is a great fuck? Denise should have grown up more but sadly her lifestyle allowed her to travel, hotels different cities. I don't see any chance for this marriage and it should not surprise her at all. As for Don? why not be afraid, but since he already has no respect Mark, shown by his own actions and attitude upon the surprise discovery in the hotel room, I assume Don does not fear any reprisals from Mark. The next chapter would suggest just that and watch an obviously rich man no doubt as the result from his current marriage lay in ruins as well. It is suggested Denise has some psychological problems? How so, still young, travels and lives the high life and of course hit on by every man in first class and business? With her description I am betting she gets more business cards than a print shop. The real problem here is whether a person is willing to enter into marriage knowing its an institution that requires devotion, respect, love, caring and understanding and the most important the commitment to remain faithful to one and only one mate until death do you part. Or in the cases here in the US, divorce. Denise could not fulfill that entire part of marriage and I doubt she could ever, perhaps later in life when she becomes less desirable and the need for a stable home is now more important. Excellent story ideas and couples views of commitment are refreshing. Sad, but a true story with real life impact

fifteen16fifteen16over 9 years ago
Height

Interesting points made by previous commentator, disparity in height often comes up in stories and I wonder if to much is made of it, I am the same height as the character in this story but as a younger man it's not something that I ever thought about, I had two girlfriends taller than me but I do not recall it being something either of was bothered about, I had a neighbour some years past who was conscious of being eleven inches shorter than husband, maybe it's just a confidence thing. That which can then do so, that which you can't well why worry. Oh yes the story!, well a very attractive woman, the type of job, being away from home 1 to 4 nights a week in various locations, like bee's around a pot of honey, not the best of situations. Fine when you are single but not married..

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous