All Comments on 'She was a Ticking Bomb Pt. 02'

by Just_Words

Sort by:
  • 66 Comments
HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 4 years ago
This was pretty standard.

The wife runs off and a better woman shows up at his door.. He didn't even have to get drunk for 6 months before she came to him. This is every cheated upon husband's fantasy. That statement can be proven by the number of stories here which include this scenario. You don't need to write anything new as long as this fantasy continues to work so well. Let's ride that horse till it drops.

Be honest, at least to yourself. How much time and effort did you spend thinking up this wildly unusual and surprising ending? Did it somehow feel different than the hundreds of stories we've all read with the same outcome? I think you can do far better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
creating their own misery

The story ends with "Besides, people like that tend to create their own misery eventually. Let them be someone else's problem."

Sometimes, some of us like to read about that misery, even if the protagonist has nothing to do with creating it. It may not be revenge, but it can be balm for the hurt soul.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 4 years ago

An icing on the cake ‘life well lived’ punctuation to part one, which was certainly a stand alone story in and of itself. Still, nothing so thoroughly reanimating as the prospect of a fiery redhead floozy. Touché!

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 4 years ago
Liked that too

Thanks for the story i enjoyed it. See HDK still got out of bed wrong side, bit rich him commenting about repeated story lines methinks 😀

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
maybe it was cliche' HDK

But it was nice.

A loving husband in a SOLID relationship with a woman WILL be snatched up.

Maybe you can't relate. I'm sorry if that's the case, because I like what little I think I'v gleamed from your stories and comments. But women COMPETE, just differently than men. When I'm single, I'm usually single a long time. But if I come outta a long term relationship, like clock-work women will ask me out on dates. They see what I'm worth, but patiently wait in the background.

His wife didn't cheat on a low status husband. She cheated on a catch, we'll never know why. But i'd guess for MORE because some people enjoy the thrill of cheating. It's a power trip for some. I knew their marriage was toast when she would not answer WHO her lover was. She may have thought she traded up, it might not have been a cornered feeling. In the end, her misery was all her own making. She didn't fight for their marriage, he certainly offered her that option without much judgment. Most people should be so lucky. So while the story was riddled with cliche's, it had very unique details....and more importantly it warmed my dead cold heart.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

When she shrugged her shoulders when h asked if she wanted to put them back together, I knew they were through, especially when he asked again, and she ran to their room.

As HDK says, kind of fantasy outcome.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 4 years ago

"I actually wish Barb well"

Really? I'm genuinely curious if people ever feel that way towards a spouse that cheated on them and broke their heart.

I've spoken to lots of people who vehemently hate their cheating exes, but none of this "wishing them well" sentiment. Usually there's lots of bitterness at all the lies and betrayal, as well as resentment for the years wasted on the relationship.

I've never been cheated on, but there's a few people who have crossed me in the past and I hope they die an agonising death from ebola. Admittedly that's unlikely, but fingers crossed for coronavirus...

MaxiMilfMaxiMilfabout 4 years ago
You left something out

Good STORY but why did the wife cheat and did she have any regrets? A sequel?

mordbrandmordbrandabout 4 years ago
Sometimes it is better to write a "fantasy"

Than it is to try to cook up something nobody has seen here with some novel ending. Let's be real, HDK, there is almost nothing that has not been tried here in this category. In my opinion, this and the first chapter both smacked of possible reality.

In ch 1, we have a husband that reconciled and gave his friend advice. In this ch, the friend tried to apply the advice but his wife decided to blow up the marriage. Someone else saw a chance to snag a faithful guy. This story plays out in real life every day. We all probably have at least one friend who went through a mirror of this situation.

It may not be wildly innovative, but neither are flip flops and sometimes you just want to toss a pair on and go get a margarita.

BillandKateBillandKateabout 4 years ago
Liked Both Stories

5 stars for each story. Both Dave and Steve worked it out their own way and lived the good life. Nice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Go ahead and live well but get your revenge anyway! Just read "Harddaysknight" comment below, what a dick, needs to look closer at his own stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

This really didn't add anything to the first part, just because comments say there should be more, doesn't mean there should be.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Not perfect

Not perfect, but so far above most of the garbage we have to wade through everyday, that it is enough. Just to see a man stand up for himself and get his happy ending works for me.

ejsathomeejsathomeabout 4 years ago
A bit . . .

. . . Disappointing, to be honest. You seemed in a rush to finish. Thanks anyway. The effort is appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Didnt need to be finished actually

And that is kind of amazing coming from me because i absolutely hate unfinished stories. Jazzez drove me to insanity with his no ending stories. For once this worked. I don't know why but i liked the unknown here. Your ending felt forced. I appreciate wanting to appease your readers but were a bunch of jaded aholes :) what do we know?

tennesseeredtennesseeredabout 4 years ago
Template story

"Is there a man alive who can say no to that?"

Yes, almost every decent man would say 'no'. A freshly heartbroken man is not going to fall for that trick. What sort of woman would even attempt such a thing? Surely not a woman worth having.

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Too nice

I'll look up that plate number for you if you want the guys name. Just too nice to the cheating wife and lover. His friend Steve wasn't so nice in his situation. I take your point about revenge, but thirty years later you don't have to look back and wish you had kicked his ass.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
WTF?!

HDK. This was a good story. So it doesn't meet your standards. Not saying much, since you seem not to write much anymore.

Throwing shade doesn't make you look good, just an asshole. It seems like you and Randi have some kind of agenda. Maybe HDK stands for 'Her Dick Kisser' since she's told a commenter to suck her dick. Who knew she was packing?

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherabout 4 years ago
Sure Revenge is a risky proposition and in the end, just a small temp fix

to a much larger problem. But from everyone I have talked to that has taken a measure of Revenge, it is very satisfying if done correctly. When I was a P.I. and assisting people with a "Plan of Action" (we never called it Revenge), even though I was not directly involved, I took an amount of satisfaction for them in what I did.

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 4 years ago

I wish to congratulate you on a perfect Loving Wife Story. Not the original wife but a loving one. With the days of sitting inside with nothing to do but read it was nice to see a story that didn't include the husband cleaning out his wife after she took on the entire team. It was nice to see that the first wife got what she wanted, an ass hole that left her after she was no longer fun with out a husband to cheat on.

Yes HDK he followed the standard format and as I read it the words resonated in my head like the sound of a poor old hound dog, but it was a hound dog that was happy.

Words, keep up the good work and remember, this is an amateur writing site, if people want perfection (and I'm not saying that this wasn't close) then they should do as my wife and get Kindle Unlimited or only read their own works.

Bebop3Bebop3about 4 years ago

"I knew I had already let my temper get out of control, but now my wife was lying unconscious on the floor at my feet and I was just standing there looking at her. I was still her husband and I needed to start acting like it."

Uhm, what? I'm sort of taken aback here as I usually enjoy your stories, but this is more than a little ridiculous. She betrays him in the worst way possible, his reaction's more mild than easy listening jazz and he's feeling guilty?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

There are definitely too many stories where the wronged husband easily finds a superior replacement wife, but I'll start being bothered by it when that number is even half the amount of stories in which a magic forgiveness wand is waved and he takes the cheater back.

FatStratFatStratabout 4 years ago
redheads

LOL. What's with all the redheads in literotica stories? If you total them,up you probably get more than how many are alive in the world right now. And all of them in the stories are hot! If only that were true!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Doesnt ring true for me

I do not believe the vast majority of men could find any peace in this situation without some understanding of the who and why of his wife turning to another man. He had a photo and a.license plate for the guy but didn't look into him at all?

Nahh...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
They should send Barb a thank you card, . . .

every anniversary of their marriage. Everything happens for a reason. Too bad he didn't find out what was his first wife's problem. Glad it wasn't his problem.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Okay story but nothing special

It seemed like you were reading from a play list or a check list. Wife cheats. Husband catches her. Wife leaves for another man. Husband is saved by another woman. The end. But there was nothing dramatic or interesting. The explanation for why his wife leaves was never explored. Which, for me, is the meat of this type of story. Why did she cheat? Why did she leave with so little explanation or discussion? The divorce sails thru. Neither of them talk to the other, asks for counseling or tries to ream the other spouse in the settlement (if they did, we don't know anything about it). In the end I would simply say that this was dull. Thanks for the effort. Next time some fireworks?

lujon2019lujon2019about 4 years ago

"I turned in her direction just in time to see Frank run his hand across her bottom. Then, before I could do anything

What was the cuck going to do? Wait for them to fuck and then beg her to stay with him?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Boo-fucking-hop! My wife cheated on me and now I’m crying

And all these strangers, including the cooks, are reaching out to me to console me! WHAT THE FUCK PLANET DO YOU LIVE ON?Not only would the over worked and underpaid staff not console him but they would get his sorry ass the fuck out of there! They have enough problems of their own without this asshole adding to them.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 4 years ago
Nice story.

Of course now I'm curious about WTF Barb was doing and thinking! LoL!

Solid writing as usual and Denise was a delight.

Thanks for the follow up.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 4 years ago

Agree with ANON (Okay story...)

Cheating seen, confrontation initiated, Sweetie boogies, Divorce complete (with no contact.). Finis!

No drama, except at Dennys)

Can’t hold a candle to Ch1!

4*. Erotica happens in the Finis part. Life goes on ... sometimes better!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 4 years ago
I find it interesting how

some anonymous commenters are so easily offended by my remarks. I have an opinion and some of them disagree. That does not make them an asshole. What makes them an asshole is trying to demean me for having my opinion. Some insist all plots have been used, so please keep using the one where women want to sleep with the love machine husband while the cheating wife regrets her decision. It is like an old shoe. It fits and feels good. You can read it a million times and never tire of it. I can't.

The same shit, different day, grows tiresome, at least for me. If that offends anonymous, so be it. This writer has considerable talent and need not pander to those who desire to read the same story over and over. Talent can be a curse. Some readers will expect you to try new and different things. Grow and improve. The first chapter of this story demonstrated thought and emotion. This chapter, not so much.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 4 years agoAuthor
Thanks, everyone.

I do read comments. I just don't pay attention to the rude ones.

I wasn't sure how David's story would work out until I got to that point at the party where she slaps her coworker for coming on to her and isn't afraid to make a scene by standing up for her relationship and her man. I've read too many "cheating wives at parties" stories where they sneak out for a quickie and thought that a different type of woman would be more interesting. At least, she was interesting to me.

As for redheads, I plead guilty. Years ago there was this tall redhead... and I never really got her completely out of my system.

kirei8kirei8about 4 years ago
Who the hell was the "ticking time bomb" ?

Seemed like a meat and potatoes low key type story.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 4 years ago

A little revenge sex with a redhead did just the trick!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Not for me

I knew I wasnt going to like it when the husband was the first one to say that can work through it and the evil slut just ran away. Didnt feel sorry for the husband as I thought he was a bit of a wimp but at least he got a happy ending.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 4 years ago
Totally pointless

I cannot for the life of me figure out why the author aspent time writing this pointless

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Weak protagonist

He needed to have a spine, but none was evident.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
A very, very long time after all the dust settled above this happenings...

somewhere in another place, a man wakes up in tremendously pain and asked himself : Damn, which bomb went off, Debby, Lisa, BARB, Mandy.... and when will the other blow up again?!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
An intriguing...

story with a protagonist who is weak, but lucky. Thank the Lord for people like Denise. I take most of my enjoyment (3*) of this story from her character's behavior.

BeBopper99BeBopper99about 4 years ago

1* for a tired old stereotypical LW story. The ex-wife and new wife have more grit than the wimpy husband and author.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 4 years ago
Well

God bless the woman with fiery red hair. My next beer will be a toast to her.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
at least he went on with his life

as far as Barb, she realized karma is a bitch

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not a fantasy, but reality

I have a very good friend whose business was failing and his wife bailed on him. He came home one evening and her stuff was gone. At that point he decided to punt. Went bankrupt and moved to another state where he got a job doing something completely different. He found out later she'd been banging a guy in her evening MBA class that was in her study group.

Within weeks of the move he met a beautiful girl at a bar on a Friday night. Ten days later he had to go back to his former state for the final divorce hearing. It was the first time he didn't have the new girl in his bed since they'd met. She's been his wife for the last 30 years.

So it's no fantasy that one wife walks out the door and within weeks a guy is sleeping with his next wife who's even prettier and nicer than the one he lost. It can really happen and did. Note -- there would eventually be some rough patches with the new wife. Shit happens over three decades. Remember, no matter how hot she is some guy somewhere is tired of her shit. Part of life. They worked it out. It's called marriage.

Knoxhard

jrphdojrphdoover 3 years ago

Good story, I would have liked it more if it involved some broken knees or crippling injuries as revenge. In reality it is hard to make that happen without getting caught.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 3 years ago

That my friend should be a 10*. Really well done. Incredibly accurate feeling. Truly believable outcome

argeelogargeelogover 3 years ago

I gave 2 stars because you promised to give us the "why" and you didn't. Disappointed and wasted my time. The "why" promised is why I read it, and the "why" is important to me. If you say your're going to do something...do it !

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years agoAuthor
Sorry, argeelog...

...but I never promised the why. I promised closure. In this case, closure was realizing it wasn't his fault, realizing that he was worthy of being loved, being healed, and moving on. I agree that the why is a big question worthy of examination, but the answer is often weak both in stories and in life. How do you explain such a fundamental betrayal? You say "bored", "tricked", whatever, but is it ever an acceptable explanation? I hear your complaint, but in this case (as in most cases) I decided that why she did it didn't matter. It was on her, she left, and he needed to get on with life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great, the cheating wife fainted on her own. Drag her to the bath...

“911, what’s your emergency ? I just got home and found my wife under the water in the tub, please send help”

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great way to finish a great start! The words_ just flowed! Thanks for the entertainment, 5 stars for each part.

somewhere east of Omaha

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years agoAuthor

^ Dang, Anonymous, that reads like a story. Best not to sign that one. Sad to hear wives like that (fools easily seduced by hounds) really exist.

JacktacularJacktacularalmost 3 years ago

Thanks for the post script on revenge, I concur wholeheartedly. Also thanks for being one of the authors that inspired me to write my own stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I like this story. I love it when Denise slaps the bad guy. I think more women need to adopt Denise's reaction to being groped and pestered by creeps. Even in stories, please authors?

It seems kinda sexist writing that a 5 foot five inch guy is expected to fight two 6 foot 6 inch bikers in a vain effort of defending his partners honour.

I think even in today society very few men would publicly hit a woman. So ladies, slap the creep.

SLAP THEM LOUD AND SLAP THEM HARD. Shout out. Make lots of noise. Draw lots of attention to this predator. Shame the fuck out of him.

While a knee in the nuts may hurt him physically more, it isn't quite as easy to accomplish as made out on TV or in literature. A good old fashioned dose of public embarrassment is a great weapon that cannot be used against you nor can you find yourself on the wrong side of the law for using. Who knows, maybe his wife or his Mama will be alerted to what he has done, and grab him by the earlobe and drag him home. More public shame.

5 stars

A R W

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Living well is the best revenge. Because anything else is a waste of time and energy.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 1 year ago

The point is OK, the story is not too bad but you have no plot here. The "Denise" part (super woman rebound) is way too much of a lemonade for my taste. Get real.

And what about this cliche how cheaters do not prosper? Really? Way too many fables in LW, the reality is a lot different. What if cheater ends happy and the one cheated upon doesn't? Now that would be interesting. turning something like this into serious violence would be a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Part two was as disappointing as part one was brilliant. First off David's own story doesn't tie in with what he told Steve in part one. In the first part David became suspicious of his wife over a period of time before hiring a PI to confirm those suspicions, yet in the second he leaves his house a happy, unsuspecting husband and catches her in the act during his break. The fact that Barb and her paramour have been sneaking off to motels indicates a relationship based on casual sex, not love yet when confronted Barb's reaction is to pack her bags and move in with lover boy. Why did she need to wait until she was caught if she loved this man enough to jettison her husband and shack up with him? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. The sudden arrival on the scene of Denise didn't sit right with me either. Surely too much too soon after having the hammer dropped on him like that? Finally, there is no closure. We don't get to learn why Barb did what she did. which was supposed to be the whole point of these two parts, nor how she tried to justify her actions. We don't even know what happened to her after her fling ended. Author needs to go back to the drawing board and re think this, 3 stars.

WetheNorthWetheNorthover 1 year ago
You only got half points

Your story started out poorly and only the ending saved it

nixroxnixroxabout 1 year ago

3 stars - for a standard BTB.

I did not see anything that matched the title.

- who was the ticking bomb?

The husband with a piece of pipe in a dark alley, or the wife who just packs up and leaves when confronted.

AngelRiderAngelRider12 months ago

Folks, pay attention:

"Maybe I should explain. My name is David. When and where I met my wife, where we live, what I do for a living, none of that matters"

Damn right. There is nothing I can't stand more than a story that starts with a plot/premise and just as it's about to get interesting the author writes, "let me back up" or "I remember when I first met" In nearly every single instance, the backstory is irrelevant to the plot. It's included as meaningless filler and padding to increase the length of a story. Unless there is absolutely necessary detail that is integral to the plot or helps place current behaviors in context, you are wasting your readers time and taking away from your story.

Nice job JW.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I echo AngelRider's sentiments 100%, that is one of my biggest gripes when reading a story. There's no need for it and everyone needs to stop doing it, so well done and thank you JW for sparing my blood pressure!

/

BTW, I've noticed that a number of JW's stories have a villain called Frank in them. I wonder if there's a story behind that?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Dave is nothing but a crying baby, a pussy. Cry in a restaurant and yell to the crowd his wife is putting the horns on him is the utmost act of no self respect and no worth. What did Denise see in a man who cannot be a man?

oldpantythiefoldpantythief4 months ago

While not on the same level as the first chapter it is a good story and had a good ending. I know, like most others I was hoping for some revenge on either the cheating slut or the home wrecking bastard. The fact Barb got dumped after moving in with the turd is a bit of revenge, so that counts for something I guess.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x4 months ago

"I got the strong sense that she felt forgiveness was impossible and chose the only path available to her." - Yes, Debbie cheated once, felt guilty and confessed. Barb had apparently been carrying on an affair, and only got upset when she got caught.

\

@AngelRider, I agree 100% on the wasted space on back story. There are RARE cases where the back story acts as a sort of foreshadowing. There was one story, my memory's a little cloudy, but the MC's wife, when they were younger, whenever her old boyfriend was back in town, would blow off the MC to see her old boyfriend, and of course she ends up cheating with the old boyfriend after she's married the MC.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Two good stories with two differing results. Both featured men who were just that. Proper men. Who cry when it's right to do so. Communicate and reason appropriately and act when required. I've read some of the other comments and you're entitled to have your opinion and express your views just as I do. It's a strength of our society we're free to be wrong about stuff and express our wrongness publicly 😁 BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

This one was a bit lackluster. Suppose Barbara had a long term affair and developed some emotions with thr cheating partner, hence her shrug. Then ultimately she thought forgiveness wss not possible or not worth it and moved in with the asshole, though that didn't past long. Dave and Barb's marriage was already dead. The long term cheating just unearthed the rotting marital corpse. Glad he found happiness with Denise. Who cares about Barb? She is just a plot device. 4 stars.

26thNC26thNC10 days ago

Another good one that left a lot of unanswered questions, but that’s the way real life is.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust_Words@Just_Words
I suppose I write for many of the same reasons that others do. First, I am exorcising my demons. I use writing to explore my thoughts and emotions, sometimes embracing, and perhaps ridding myself of, my darker thoughts and sometimes finding happier themes to celebrate. It s...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES