She was a Ticking Bomb Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Epilogue:

I never did learn Barb's reason for cheating. When she left, I got the strong sense that she felt forgiveness was impossible and chose the only path available to her. She moved in with that asshole, but that didn't last long. Men who mess around with married women aren't husband material. Denise healed me and I'm happy now. I actually wish Barb well and I hope she finds what she's looking for.

It's now five years later. Denise and I are married. We have a daughter and a son on the way. She still works for the same company and has been moving up through the ranks. We invite her boss and his wife to cookouts whenever we get together with friends and neighbors. Steve and Debbie are always a part of those gatherings, too. It makes me happy to see that they made it together. Oh, yeah, we bought a house two years ago. It's just a starter home, but it suits us fine. Life is good. I have a wife who I love and trust completely. She has given me two children and is threatening more. I know she will never betray me, and I know her temper, so I just agree to whatever she says, try to wipe that silly grin off my face, and do as I am told.

*****

I told you at the beginning that this was partially inspired by an apartment mate of mine years ago. His wife divorced him and a friend with fiery red hair showed up one night to ease his grief. In his case, it was just the one night, but he told me it did wonders to lift his spirits. Yeah, I imagine that it did!

I know some will complain that no revenge fell on the asshole who was screwing the wife. As Herbert said, "Living well is the best revenge." Sometimes, when we find happiness, revenge just isn't worth it. Besides, people like that tend to create their own misery eventually. Let them be someone else's problem.

12