All Comments on 'She was Worth the Wait'

by greenday0418

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireabout 3 years ago

Hi, here from the OtJ challenge. The story was very sweet and as a reader I looked forward to the erstwhile lovers eventually getting together. The ending certainly didn't disappoint. Sending a PM with an additional comment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Loved the description of his orgasm.

Ravey19Ravey19about 3 years ago

Fast moving, covered a lot of years and no idea how they could keep that up for so long. Loved the ending.

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Really good story. Good but very sad. As a reader I still have absolutely no clue why she stayed married in that obviously barren marriage. All those futile barren and wasted years. The Kicker here is she would do nothing until the husband dumped her for another woman. Thus the story presents us with the absolute worst most passive and pathetically sterile of all story lines two lives of utterly needless suffering. The happy ending is a meaningless gesture rather than the culmination the author seeks. It’s a good but very sad journey that highlights the barren lives resultant from denying your inner trust to maintain an exterior shell of empty morality.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Eh, not my cup of tea. Just don't like people having affairs as if I'm supposed to believe it is romantic or be happy for them. If she loved him she should have divorced her husband a long time ago. If not then the MC should have left his job and moved away. But then I just don't like cheaters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Conflicted. Yes it was a romance and they did not have sex til Ed filesd, but clearly they were caught up on some romantic / emotional affair that involved kissing, then groping, fondling and making out later. I get that Ed is away a lot and not much of a catch sexually. But enough has gone on that without knowing details he is jealous enough to want to relocate her to the West Coast. So once they had reached the making out stage, just seek a divorce. Put Ed out of his misery. Yes we are led to believe he has been going further along thr extramarital sex path. But these two went from strong magnetism and accidental kiss to BFFs, openly saying they love each other but can't have sex but ok to grope and kiss and fondle. Huh? Whatever year that was, just get a divorce. Move on together. Yes she is Catholic but already got divorced once. And btw I get that he wanted kids but why so immediately choose to divorce his second wife. Wad she going to fake the fertility clinic results or pay them off? If it was confirmation that she was infertile, what is so bad about saying one adoption. Ok probably she was fertile and refused to get pregnant, and menas she planned a malicious lie, but instant blow up of marriage? Counseling? Really? So yeah anromance but with two characters that have significant flaws.

Calico75Calico758 months ago

I don't like cheaters and they definitely cheated.

LechemanLechemanabout 2 months ago

Nice story, yes they were pushing the boundaries of fidelity, a lot, but they never crossed that final line.

Not hearing issues on her side of the marriage other than a jealous husband would infer tension and it sounds like her husband was serving well.

Anyway, enjoyed the story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usergreenday0418@greenday0418
New story submitted for ON THE JOB 2023 in Romance. This one took me two years to finish. New meds seem to help. Still no cure, but there is hope for Alzheimer's treatment to slow down the disease.