All Comments on 'She Wore a Bikini'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy5 months ago

It sounds great living on a boat with a sexy female partner!

5

lc69hunterlc69hunter5 months ago

Loved this. Have made love on a 28 ft Erickson, and a 72 ft sloop

MICHAELG1963MICHAELG19635 months ago

Fantastic story and a wonderful blooming love ❤️

Cracker270Cracker2705 months ago

Spent the first fifty years of my life in South Florida on or near the water. Nice story well told.

ArdieffArdieff5 months ago

Sweet and poetic.

Davester37Davester375 months ago

Another winner in a long line of winners! I really appreciate them all, even if I don’t always comment. Thank you so much!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

5* Wonderfully told. I knew a guy in Calif who had a 40' Westwind. My wife and I were invited to stay overnight and watch the Newport Beach Christmas boat parade. The parade was wonderful, but trying to sleep on a boat with a kerosene heater running to keep from freezing to death was past our ability. He wound up rowing us back to shore from the anchorage. I had a horrible headache from the smell. Unlike the Caribbean the water in the Pacific off California is cold! Really cold. I can only imagine how wonderful warm water would have been.

CreekmanCreekman5 months ago

It's nice to read happy stories. No conflict, just happy loving and great sex. It's a great way to live!

Oldsalty1Oldsalty15 months ago

Story development was great!

BUT the nautical info was not so great... First of all, Estero is in Southwest Florida, so getting to both the Bahamas and the Caribbean requires several extra days going down to at least the middle of the Keys, or up behind the Keys through Miami. Both routes require more than just setting the autopilot and sleeping on deck. Speaking of sleeping, author has both sleeping together most all night, a clear violation of International Rules of the Road requiring all vessels to keep a lookout for safety at sea.. Then there is no mention of passing the USCG exam and obtaining at least a six-pack License to legally carry passenger for hire--He just buys the boat and begins chartering... Sorry for these comments, just wanted others to know it is not quite as easy as portrayed here..

FandeborisFandeboris5 months ago

I thought the story was grand. The characters were believable, life on the cruise to a land lubber was fun to read. There were a few questions I had about utilities and such, but it didn't take away from the story.

All in all if I wanted a romantic story about a boat, its captain and crew I would recommend this one.

And give it 5 stars.

Take Care.

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirens5 months ago

Very enjoyable! Thanks for sharing. 5*

Smiffy69Smiffy695 months ago

You either have huge experience of many things, or a wonderful imagination. The sheer number of subjects you write about is outstanding. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

'5 +" having been on sail boats chartered for scuba ...

Bahamas, Cayman Isl....enjoyed all..

crystal_fancrystal_fan5 months ago

Quite enjoyed it, thx! I like that this was a straight forward romance story, no super unexpected twists.

WilCox49WilCox495 months ago

Nice romance. Enjoyable.

J6480J64805 months ago

grand tale well told & fun

jlg07jlg075 months ago

I am SO good it didn't devolve into group sex. I thought it might when she was below deck with Evvy, so cudos on that! Great story about normal, everyday people.

JobewonJobewon5 months ago

A very good story! One of the best! Thanks

Comentarista82Comentarista825 months ago

I have to say that this installment felt a little bit more like a slightly different take on some of your sailing stories. I like how you painted him as a bored financial analyst.. and he was just making it through the week so he can go sailing. That sounds perfectly normal, although I don't know if the 14-hour days were normal, because I would figure that analyst probably works 10-12 hour days max. Then you bring Rita along, and you kind of slow roll it, but you slowly increase the burn until we get to the final product. I'm glad that you didn't make them fall for each other right away, and I really like the fact that you made her be more assertive so as to convince him it was kind of a good idea to be with her. I thought when you had the older couple, Jeff and Evelyn I believe, that was a super-cute idea and how you kind of concluded them being equal partners I thought was absolutely wonderful. Certainly she wasn't some kind of gold- digger, and she was very capable, intelligent, and obviously trustworthy. Sometimes those kind of qualities are not expressed in other stories, and it kind of saved me from deducting a star, because I was kind of looking for something like that to save the story, in terms of showing how they had grown closer.. and it not just being about them having feelings for each other. One thing I would say though, is that while I felt you made it more of a humorous couple of lines, I can think of two authors on this site that if they read your story and read those two lines, they would leave you one or two pages of dirty remarks. So be aware that even though it seemed perfectly ok to me.. when you commented about the woman or women that looked plain as financial advisors and somehow didn't retain clients? They would really ball and rail against that, and I don't really know how true that would be, and I don't know if that's something I could look up to really verify. If somebody wants to invest their money, they shouldn't be looking for a model nor should they be looking for somebody that's middle-of-the-road attractive, as they should only be looking for somebody that knows what they're talking about, can answer their questions and explain it to them like they're five years old if necessary.. and leave it at that. At the opposite end, I really don't know if I really even bought the explanation about a financial advisor looking like a model because those same two authors would make a big deal out of them just being some type of pin-up. If you're talking about the latter example, I could see that yes some guy seeing her in a bar would probably assume that she's a gold-digger. About the only one that I would say that no one could object to would have been the very humorous remark that he made some remark about his ex spending half the day in the beauty salon and yet it still didn't really help her? That was funny.

***

I also echo the comment from another poster that I'm glad it didn't become a group-sex outing, and I'm also glad that while you mentioned an obvious lesbian coupling, that it was just mentioned as a couple, while Mark/Rita went below decks and had their fun. So, I really appreciate your discretion, and especially not going for the cheap and easy thrill that sometimes some readers only look for on here. I still would have preferred that both Mark and Rita would have talked to more in dialogue, because unless you were going to name specific spots on the islands where they visited and really enjoyed it, I didn't see the point of being that detailed. I don't consider it an omission that you didn't mention how Rita became such a wonderful confidant to mark because the physical encounters speak for themselves, just as you're non-erotic entry that was recently done proved so well. Although I'm going to write this a f

5, I really feel including more dialogue between Mark and Rita to show their deep thinking or to share a few vulnerabilities and problems that really bothered them over their past relationships would have strengthened your story much more. However I feel like there's sufficient detail between the sailing, the kind of romantic air and environments that being out at sea provided, and the general idea that they grew close as being sufficient to win that 5. But just remember, it's never a bad idea to have your male character share a few vulnerabilities with his female partner, and therefore create greater charisma and bonding between both the fictional characters and the reading clientele whom you're trying to win over.

SailorDougSailorDoug5 months ago

Great setting on the sail boat and you have either done some sailing or did a lot of research the details are spot on. Good pace and excellent finish.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Wonderful story. Congratulations

CasyWoodsCasyWoods4 months ago

I am almost ready to go buy a boat, but need a Rita.!., wow

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A dream I had as a teenager watching 'adventures in paradise. Staring Gardner McKay....

Always had a Rita. D0es Rita have a sister.?

olddave51olddave514 months ago

Great story

Having grown up on the water there is nothing like making love in a boat.

Being one who believes in forever marriage would have been nice. Toad they are kind of aged out of the children age. still a goos read.

Almost all of Comentarista82 comments were spot on. I don't know why it took me a month read this story. Good job 5 stars

DINGDONG33DINGDONG33about 1 month ago

Lots of fun and lot to like very good story and good telling of the story. Thanks 😊 for the opportunity to share your work.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...