All Comments on 'Shifting Perspectives'

by BurntRedstone

Sort by:
  • 105 Comments
ag2507ag2507over 2 years ago

Quick fix. Black tie is 'Tuxedo' or in english 'dinner jacket'; white tie is tails a la Fred Astaire. He would have been asked "black tie or white tie, sir?"

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great wrap up to the story - your tales are enthralling.

chip812chip812over 2 years ago

33 pages went by seemingly in the blink of an eye. I must say, I wouldn't have been disappointed if there had been 33 more. All your stories are so good. I don't know how you manage it. I want to have that skill one day, but realistically, it may never happen. Keep writing and I'll keep reading.

Hiding_in_PortlandHiding_in_Portlandover 2 years ago

Great ending to the story.

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

Well that was certainly worth the wait. What a ride as Kyle resolved his demons with multiple ups and downs, twist and turns. Apart from having to defend himself I thought you covered the British visit very well indeed. He saw more action in a week than I've seen in 50 + years, but that's the nature of good stories. Pleased he was able to guide his various girlfriends in their choices and loved the epilogue which I struggled to read as by then it was after 2 am and will have to reread πŸ˜€πŸ˜€.

Definitely worth 10 ⛀

ArdieffArdieffover 2 years ago

That was a bit of an epic ;-) Enjoyable read - Liandri seemed to suddenly disappear? ;-)

MediocreGingerMediocreGingerover 2 years ago

Once again one of your stories has blown me away. I LOVE IT!!!!! Keep up the great work.

linnearlinnearover 2 years ago

Absolutely Spectacular, well worth the wait. So many questions answered and I loved the return of Dita and Viv at the end. Thank you for bringing Charlize and Chloe back as well and that was my favorite part of the story. This will always be a favorite of mine.

No6_ThePrisonerNo6_ThePrisonerover 2 years ago

BurntRedstone, thank you for coming back and completing this story. Very enjoyable read and it was somehow reassuring hearing echos of the Jack Danner and Ben Shepard universe in Kyle maturation. Does this universe overlap with the Ben Shepard timeline? It would be interesting to see the two of them interact. Looking forward to your future updates. Thanks!

Bigsarge89Bigsarge89over 2 years ago

Another awesome story. You rock!

RamazaRamazaover 2 years ago

Again a very very well written story, you do this so fantastically well, it’s a joy to read each time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story.

LeifsonLeifsonover 2 years ago

Confess I was just about in despair at all the violent confrontations that Kyle kept on getting into. It was nice to find that was a plot worthy device, and I enjoyed the revelations about his father. That part was nicely done. Overall I enjoyed the trilogy quite a bit, but it probably would have been better with a few less violent encounters. Someone like Kyle would still have experienced enoughto beat himself up over :)

arrowglassarrowglassover 2 years ago
You just keep raising the bar!!!

So entertaining...so subtlety drawing one in...so well done!!!!

Edhawk64Edhawk64over 2 years ago

Really good read, thank you for continuing Kyle’s story, it has been a good ride.

You really have a talent which I am so glad you share here, again thank you for sharing this and your other stories. It is an absolute pleasure to read them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I very much enjoy your stories. Thank you for time and efforts. Look forward to your next submission!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I opened ur profile everyday for the last few months waiting for a new title. Finally. Can't wait to read the end of Ben shepherds story but this one was absolutely amazing just like everything you write.

UnclenoodleUnclenoodleover 2 years ago

Excellent work as always. Can hardly wait for the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was an excellent 3rd story to complete Kyle's journey. I do enjoy these longer stories. But the last few pages were not really necessary. The sexual interaction with Charlize and Chloe didn't add anything to the story. It actually just added unanswered questions. How did Kyle's and Aiko's relationship suddenly get to that level of sexual interaction with others? Especially Aiko. To go from little to no confidence, to being that active. It just seems that there would have been a number of events in their relationship that got them there that are not explained. It felt like a big hole in the story.

Unless of course, there is going to be a new set of stories that fills that gap. Starting from Kyle's proposal, leading up to their trip to Santa Barbara. Kyle did say there was a long story when Charlize asked.

bobabcdbobabcdover 2 years ago

Wish I could rate it higher. Really enjoyed your characters. I too have a dark place I finally had control of at age 70. I could feel Kyle’s pain. Very real!

EroticPolymathEroticPolymathover 2 years ago

Man, what a journey these stories are! Fantastic work.

Brittanyduran86Brittanyduran86over 2 years ago

Chloe: best character

mac1729mac1729over 2 years ago

What a fantastic trilogy you have created I have enjoyed everything you have written and look forward to more

muskyboymuskyboyover 2 years ago

Terrific trilogy but didn't need the group sex in the last couple pages. Really changed my view of the story, sorry.

norafaresnorafaresover 2 years ago

Everything I hoped it would be and more! Thank you for delivering this masterpiece! ❀️

jrk1128jrk1128over 2 years ago

Beautiful, well written. Best writer on Literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

An awesome ending to this story line. Thank you for this wonderful creative gift. The Osaka part brought back happy memories of when I was there as a teenager. Once again, this was a well crafted piece of writing. Strong character development. Strong plot lines. Exceptionally strong development of true love. A couple of red herrings here and there added spice to the story. Looking forward to you next story. K

RedHectorRedHectorover 2 years ago

Amazing, as usual. My only complaint is having to wait for the stories to be posted. But considering the quality and depth of your work, this is a rather trite complaint.

Thank you for for sharing your creations with us.

James_DuncanJames_Duncanover 2 years ago

Another great one from Burnt, congrats on the sheer quality as well as the depth.

rogie717rogie717over 2 years ago

I made sure to read all 3 parts in order before commenting. That said all 3 parts individually are great, the story in it's entirety is absolutely incredible. Thank You for creating this fantastic story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

To put it like they say around where I live..."ya done good". You are one of the top 5 if not better writers on Lit. Thank you for your contributions.

mithanialmithanialover 2 years ago

I did very much enjoy the story and it was a firm 5 stars. But... I notice an element in your stories that is somewhat comment between your MC's if a different flavor beyond them. All of them have this fugue state they slip into earlier in the story to deal with threads and then as they clear up their background their uncanny abilities blend in as a natural part of who they are.

Ben does it via his blackouts, Ed did it via his own 'blackout' type scenarios, and Kyle Danner here does it as well. Not knocking it, just curious what that pulls from in your personal life. Do you experience these detached moments and choose to write based on that. I see that in myself in some places in my life and wonder.

Again not a complaint but more an observation and you're the only writer I've read who does that on a normal basis with his MC's. It's clear in reading the comments as well that I'm not the only one who has a similar thing that can happen. I think it's genetic for men to some degree.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Five star, best of the trilogy, many feels and a nice ending.

Doesn't really feel like a harem story, though.

Rocketman51Rocketman51over 2 years ago

Another Great Story! Looking forward to seeing this on Amazon! I feel buying a copy is payment for your great story telling! I am looking forward to you finishing the Shepard saga!

NewnotsureNewnotsureover 2 years ago

One of the best now could this go on I hope so 100 stars if I could

cliqueggecliqueggeover 2 years ago

Just finished the shifting trilogy - absolutely loved it - great work - thank you

GHreaderGHreaderover 2 years ago
Congratulations on another great story !

Shifting Perspectives went all kinds of places I did not expect. This has been a fun story to read. Kyle came a long way from being dumped in France to this ending in BC. The writing and the storytelling are excellent.

Thank you for this long story. I started expecting four or five Literotica pages and was happily surprised at the length of this new B Redstone classic.

Thank you for sharing and I look forward to the many more stories you listed in your Bio.

AndreqAndreqover 2 years ago

Hurricane fighter jets?

Angel_AzraelAngel_Azraelover 2 years ago

Even if it was extremely long, I cannot stop feeling like the end was abruptly rushed and missing a whole Chapter 23.

The story was good, by the way, very engaging, but with a lot of filling in the first half and very rushed by the end. I was interested in knowing more about Aiko: her interactions with all Kyle's friends and all their shenanigans; how they reacted to her and their engament; the wedding; Aiko's first time with Kyle; their travels to meet the rest of Kyle's friends; did she know about Kyle's son? and all that; but instead, we got an Epilogue with a quick summary of the wedding (no interactions), 7 months later (a lot of time for Kyle's friends not in Europe to not know he was getting married...) they have a quick orgy with 2 of them (although hot, a little bit out of place since we know nothing about Aiko's sexuality and if they talked about Kyle's sexual past, Gwen, and how he doesn't mess with married people, and here they are, married but having sex with 2 friends at the same time) and 3 years later a quick tale of them cycling in Canada with people from the first book. The End. A little bit of a let down for such a long story with Kyle fighting his inner demons and finally in the end, finding the happiness he deserved, with just a little bit of Aiko in it.

For present and future projects, I include here some common mistakes you keep doing in your stories:

β€’ "parent's" instead of "parents'" (or "parents's" although not proper, but still acceptable)

β€’ "goodnight" instead of "good night" ("good night" is the saying, "goodnight" is the event of saying it)

β€’ "hanger" instead of "hangar" (a "hanger" is to hang clothes, not to store planes)

Take care.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 2 years ago

Okay five stars, I held off reading the earlier Kyle MacDenny stories, but after the third and final installment came out I knew it was time,.. so I read all three 'shifting' tales, back to back,.. loved them, well done! And I also love that your stories let me feel as if I'd actually been to the countries, cities, and places that you include in your stories, thank you! ;-) TTFN

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 2 years ago

For Andreq, Yes Hurricane fighter(s), a WWII sibling aircraft to the British Spitfire, just a bit larger and not as nimble, but still a good plane,.. have good day! ;-) TTFN

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Again, stellar on the details, the follow through, the imagination and the relationships!

Excellent, BRS! - 70yo !

wheels0132wheels0132over 2 years ago

I really enjoy most of BRS’s stories, but this Kyle series was tough to get through. It seemed so laughable how practically any person he’d meet who he couldn’t see eye to eye with would just all of a sudden throw down with him. Dudes be launching themselves at him with knives or fists constantly! It was like a fight a day. I almost got through all the way to the end and stopped reading at the second to last page when Kyle and Aiko went foursome. That didn’t need to happen, Aiko should be enough for him.

wheels0132wheels0132over 2 years ago

Ahh, forgot to mention… why didn’t we get a Kyle and Aiko first time together scene? Big missed opportunity there. Ending seemed rushed. Looking forward to more of Burnt’s other excellent stories like Jack and Ben.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'm so glad you've picked up writing again - ever since Nightingale, I get so giddy when a BRS publication. Just want to point out that Seychelles and Madagascar are both part of Africa. Please keep writing!

asdfgomirasdfgomirover 2 years ago

Great story. Except I'd really appreciate a one on one scene with Aiko instead of the foursome. It felt a bit... hollow? Still, the very ending was fine, so I guess there's that. Thanks for the story! Looking forward to next installments of Ben Shepard, Jack Danner and Satyr Play ;)

FastEddie2632FastEddie2632over 2 years ago

I enjoy all of your works and am always wanting more when I reach the end. I reread the trilogy over and thoroughly enjoyed the whole story as a complete work of art. Thank you so much.

shayneoneshayneoneover 2 years ago

its the third in a series of stories iv read there all good i look up words i dont understand your character and stories span the wold with over 7000 followers in not the only one be safe happy and well a fan shayne

Cringo31Cringo31over 2 years ago

Really enjoyed the entire series. The growth and development of Kyle along with his many friends was wonderful to read. I look forward to more exciting tales from BRS.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 2 years ago

Fantastic written series very well written, good characters, dialogue- storytelling. Now this makes me wonder if you have started epublising your work yet. Your series are definitely worth it. Just a thought I wanted to throw out. Definitely congratulations on a great read 5 stars all the way and I will favorite it as well.

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading. I would even purchase if you have books out as well!😁

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 2 years ago

Oops sorry - should have checked your Bio you are already doing Epublishing - I will definitely check it out. Sadly I have more stories on Lit site and ebooks to read than time. It is amazing how a good story or book can lift up you day (how quickly I read them but still never have gotten caught up 😁) Thank you for all your efforts sharing here and publishing! πŸ‘πŸ»

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent story! Thank you so very much for sharing your talent!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent. I still enjoy the way you put a story together with so much depth and feelings in it. But your editor needs to slow down and be more thorough. Keep up the good works, I only have one more story to read to again have read all that you have submitted.

Anony Mous

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

So excellent! Such a great read… the series is! I was hoping Fiona would get caught up with Kyle… but she was not an much of an outdoorsy type as Kyle was. They fit well together is most aspects as friends for sure… but I realize as mates maybe some aspects were lacking. Thank-you for your talent. Such a good read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a magnificent journey of interesting places, incredible people, and non-stop sex.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 2 years ago

Wonderful trilogy with some larger than life characters. It was fun, HOT, exciting and a pleasure to read.

THANK YOU!

Ohio47ManOhio47Manover 2 years ago

Outstanding! Enough said :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I've never cried reading something on this website before. The series is phenomenal and I enjoyed every second of it.

anubeloreanubeloreover 2 years ago

Truly beautiful. I have to say the ending...felt a little hurried. And I couldn't help feeling robbed when I realized Aiko's first time was offstage/screen, rather than included in the story. It just felt wrong to not get to read about Kyle's first time with his wife, especially after reading about all of his first times with every other woman he's been with. I know it would've made it even longer, but that's a bonus from my standpoint, and I really missed the scene. The other thing I would've liked to see was Aiko's discussion with Kyle about her willingness to share herself and him with his dear friends and lovers from before. But that bothered me less than missing out on Aiko's first time with Kyle. By the end *I* was in love with Aiko, damn it!

My whinging aside:

You write a hell of a yarn, BurntRedstone, and I can't wait to read more, in any of the worlds you've created, or will create in the future. In fact I couldn't be looking forward to it more than I am. Five stars, no question.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really amazing work, yet again. You are the best active writer on this site, for my money. Right up there with JammyJimmy, SillyArtie, and similar writers of epic stories with amazing characters.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

very long but you made me want to read nearly every word. some human failings, as in Gloria and couple at the Schylles (sp?) 1St time Kyle didn't hard a man who deserved to be hurt. Far too much mindless sex for me, and only a few times with a condom so STD's ???? Overall a 5 I guess.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

P.S. I still think the first story was the best.

Old_LionOld_Lionover 2 years ago

His Virginal Bride of 7 months is now BI. Okay I understand the nod (many many) nods to LGBT etc but fucking over the top. TOO MUCH.

Dreamdog519Dreamdog519about 2 years ago

Amazing story! The struggle to find himself and finally love. 5 plus stars!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Should make the three into a book

twinkitwinkiabout 2 years ago

I enjoyed struggling through 35 pages into the wee hours of the morning. One small point.. Priya Singh.. Singh is a male name and the female counterpart is Kaur.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I've met plenty of Indian women who go by the last name Singh.

About the suddenly-bi thing: she had an active fantasy life, watching porn frequently, before she met Kyle. He obviously set the tone for casual sex early in their relationship, and she's taking her cues from him and just rolling with it. Seems legit to me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Eh, so many women he left behind only to marry Aiko at the last moment (considering this story is nearly 80 pages long). His journey of self discovery as a slut was shallow and disappointing. I was hoping for more revelations and moral fortitude than he displayed in the end.

FseriesFseriesabout 2 years ago

Really thought he’d hook up with Stephen’s daughter. The Japan trip seemed like a totally different story. Also, didn’t expect their relationship to be open since he’d backed out of physically being with the other women when they had a shot at someone else.

How did the girls in SB not hear about his wedding plans from the other women who attended?

Where did Cam go?

When you mentioned they travelled to those other places after being married to visit the other women, did that also include the open married concept with them too?

Also kind of thought Fiona would be the one and he’d join the bike tour company as his outlet for meeting people but not hooking up with anyone other than his wife Fiona.

So, good story but kind of not feeling the Aiko connection as laid out in the story. :)

Mike9947Mike9947about 2 years ago

Your stories deserve their high marks - you got my 5’s . My advice is to publish separate short chapters. The many, many little stories and relationships are difficult to keep track of and the endless sub-plots actually got boring as rabbit after rabbit popped out of the endless hats.

Mike9947Mike9947about 2 years ago

As I continue to reflect on this story, I find myself asking it Kyle has really changed? The unnecessary violence by Captan Canuck aside, in the end he abandons several good options and is manipulated by his long dead father. When I look back on these stories, he almost never picks his sex partners and seldom gets close to the people in his life. He gets over Gwen, but doesn’t really land anywhere new.

A much better story of personal growth would have taken Kyle back to Paris and a creative partnership based on mutuality - in an industry serving others.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

An excellent story, although some of the happenings in the U.K. would not have been possible; their marriage in particular is one of these. Venues have to be registered for weddings and require a registrar to officiate, rather than a judge.

servant111servant111almost 2 years ago

Exceptional authorial skills...which cover for a number of plot holes which you use some deux ex machina off stage entrances to bridge the gaps. One of these Deux ex Machina was the entrance of Aiko and the almost instant marriage proposal. Love at first sight is nice...but given the 20 years of psychological breakdown and the inherited rage...Kyle's instant transformation following the priest's insights is simply too instant to make common sense... This is bad enough but then the instant transformation of Aiko from the devoted perfect wife...to a lesbian slut wife in a couple of tersely worded paragraphs leaves this reader rather breathlessly wondering what the heck happened to the detailed attention to character development in the previous two installments.

Still, your writing skills are simply exceptional... You have me as a reader so invested in Kyle that I am willing to overlook the utter nonsense of the polyamorous ending....

5 stars

TotosRevengeTotosRevengealmost 2 years ago

I thoroughly enjoyed this series. Your writing skills are so far above the average writer found here. I read some of the other reviews and while i admitthey have so points on how quickly the story was wrapped up myself I appreciated your restraint. This was a long journey from beginning to end and another lengthy story would not have done justice to your excellent story. Again, thanks for a well written and totally enjoyable tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story.

Spelling comment: Priya could possibly be described as a suiter, the various surgeons are possible suitors.

No6_ThePrisonerNo6_ThePrisonerover 1 year ago

Another amazing story. Thank you

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersover 1 year ago

Fucking hell, brilliant story, well portrayed part, where son is keen to be nothing like his father, made me rather emotional.

Only jarring bit, was the accuracy of Twickenham, the racist slur is new on me too.

NevermyloveNevermyloveover 1 year ago

I love these intricate polyamorous tales

johnnyj888johnnyj888over 1 year ago

I love the story. It ended different than I expected. I was kind of hoping He'd find his way back to Steven's daughter. But you fooled me and had a great ending for Kyle. Well done.

John

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 1 year ago

This seires, the three chapters, are a Masterpiece ....... Your talented writing style is ART ....... Thank you for sharing this exceptional wonderful lovely tale

πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸš΄πŸš΄πŸš΄πŸš΄πŸš΄πŸ€

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Once again a splendid "Novella." Thank you, David

DuncanitaDuncanitaover 1 year ago

1 of the best stories/novellas on this site... somehow i kept hoping/thinking that Kyle would ebd up in restoring old bikes and cars, as he loved it so much, just as Aiko... #plottwist

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fist time ever leaving a comment but felt compelled to do so as the story brought out a lot of emotion in me surprisingly. Can't wait to read the earlier ones now

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another solid story with a whole bevy of interesting and intriguing characters and plots BUT the hurried ending where Aiko is suddenly lusting after Charlize and Chloe was such a cop-out and a turnoff. Absolutely no slow and steady plot development.... just wham bam thank you mam and then The End!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

4* - for some reason I just didn't get into the Aiko character. I thought he would end up with the lady in Montreal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love the story but can’t help but wish he ended up with Fiona or pheobe

vanyevanyeover 1 year ago

Felt the romance with Aiko was rushed, with no development, and the waiting until the second multiple partner encounter to explain that she was interested in it was a bit backward, but overall, the story was excellent. Not quite sure what the point of the encounters with Liandri was, either, bit not all loose ends need to be tied up.

Thanks for an excellent series!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Had fun reading this set. I think the first story (Shifting Priorities) was the best. I do feel like this last instalment could have been split into 2 stories, with more time spent dealing with the romance with Aiko, as well as further developing the encounter with Liandri... I initially expected a platonic brother-sister relationship with Aiko, and thought Liandri would be Kyle's one and only.

6King6Kingabout 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

jkthekatjkthekatabout 1 year ago

Awesome!! Could not stop reading!!

Thank You

tsgtcapttsgtcapt8 months ago

Great finish ti bring it all in for landing. Maybe could have used a bit more development around Liandri and asking Father O'Sean to officiate would have been a great touch. Loved the series, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I thought this was just about complete bullshit. Guy was almost totally fucked up. Said he wouldn't have a one time or casual affair, but kept doing it. Said he wouldn't mess with married woman, but kept doing it. Said he wouldn't let women use him anymore, but that's all any of them did. Then he married Aiko after only like two weeks. Geez, what a fucking dumbass. Then he turned her into a bi slut. For Christ's sake. I kept hoping something significant would come from all his internal rumination. Thought there was potential there. But it all ended up squandered. What a disappointment. What a load of crap it all turned out to be. So sorry. Geez.

GreWulfGreWulf7 months ago

Hawker Hurricane was/is piston powered by a Rolls Royce Merlin engine.

xtrail65xtrail657 months ago

Hey anon…who fucking cares it’s a good read

DwarfLord50DwarfLord507 months ago

Just as entertaining the third time reading this series. Well done.

RanDog025RanDog0256 months ago

Damn, how does an Author top a story like this one? Damn! Even this, the third time I've read this story, it's in a league of it's own. How do you score a story like this when they only allow 5 stars? 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS again!

Old_LionOld_Lion6 months ago

BurntRedStone, maybe a few less letters in your exclamations like, quote "FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!!"

Pickles7287Pickles72875 months ago

Entertaining but too predictable as he works his way through all the women

Con6969Con69695 months ago

Awesome story thanks for the hard work

rbloch66rbloch664 months ago

That was pretty incredible. The part where Kyle faced his demons to go to Japan, and the subsequent benefits was extremely powerful.

This story touched me pretty deeply. The ending with sharing experiences was incredibly hot!!!!!!!!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBurntRedstone@BurntRedstone
Welcome! I've added a Twitter feed (@burntredstone) where I will post updates as well. My stories are being submitted (gradually) to Amazon. As I understand I'm not allowed to include URLs to other sites here, you can find the books if you search for author name B Redstone ...