All Comments on 'Shipmates'

by Cagivagurl

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 2 years ago

Lush writing, great characters, beautiful romance. Wish I could give ten stars. Randi.

ThefirefliesThefirefliesover 2 years ago

Beautiful. Particularly the visual descriptions of life on the boat. A shame about the small-town attitudes towards Kira’s history, and the lack of common sense by her fisheries boss, but realistic too. Riveting throughout and a lovely ending, five stars.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 2 years ago

Damn you can spin a lovely story!

steeltiger01steeltiger01over 2 years ago

You've written some good stories; this is one of the best!

demanderdemanderover 2 years ago

Great story. Nice ending. Trust, though? It worked out. D

jackie_emjackie_emover 2 years ago

I didn't care for how he constantly referred to Kira as being a slut, even if he did defend her against the other men insulting her. I gave it a five for the overall story though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very good young lady.

Good development and flow

Cheers

Randy

A_BierceA_Bierceover 2 years ago

Couldn't put it down...

Well, you know what I mean. Had to read it in one go.

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesover 2 years ago

Strong Romance hook that hasn't been overused : MC secretly in love with best friend until she sluts out and fucks a bunch of creeps. He loses respect for her, but years later she's back in his life. Has she changed?

.

Also, well-researched, vivid milieu, rich with vibrant detail. Tim and Kira, however, never quite come alive as characters. The backstory Kira seems more intriguing than the rather bland present-day version.

PowersworderPowersworderover 2 years ago

"I was promiscuous, but hell, guy's are proclaimed heroes, and us girls get burned at the stake."

-

The reason for that is simple.

It takes a great deal of effort, charm, money, and experience for a man to successfully bed a lot of women. For a woman to bed a lot of men, she just has to have low standards and no self-esteem.

-

This story was very interesting because it showed the serious consequences of a woman being wildly promiscuous in her past. Her reputation goes to hell and most men will no longer take her seriously for a meaningful relationship. Why? Because it's humiliating and embarrassing for a guy to keep encountering men that have fucked his girlfriend, especially when they taunt him about screwing her.

-

I liked the ending, with them moving away to escape her sordid past and have a fresh start. It was really disappointing the way Kira behaved with Dirk though. Tim was a saint to forgive her for screwing all his friends, and she rewards him by fawning over a former lover? The fact she even invited Dirk to their home was hugely disrespectful to Tim.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I really liked your story, it was a little different template than you have used before. Good for you, you are stretching your wings. You always create a lot of strong emotions for us readers with your stories, keep up the good work.

Thank you for all of the time and effort you put in. KS

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not real fond of the final couple of lines, but a really, really good story overall. Very enjoyable read. Five stars!

muskyboymuskyboyover 2 years ago

Not sure she needed to be THAT slutty... The Dirk character kinda ruined her resurrection from sluthood as she defended him way too vigorously in my mind.

Cringo31Cringo31over 2 years ago

A very good story. Fro the troubled past to live and family. Well done.

stev2244stev2244over 2 years ago

Very good. Entertaining, realistic, well researched, great read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It's "Giro d'Italia." grump grump grump ;^)

Otherwise a great story. 5 stars.

KRD19254KRD19254over 2 years ago

The Joanna B was a 36' trawler beating a cyclone, hmmm ya sure, I was aboard a DLG (525') that went through a typhon off the Philippines and we had serious weather-deck damage. Some of those waves had to be near 75' and the troughs were damn deep as we nosed in taking green water over the bridge. All crew not on watch was restricted to our racks for our safety. The Joanna B maybe hit an outer edge of the cyclone but it never the eye.

/

Did I miss it but when did they get married - just before they took off from NZ? I never knew French Polynesia would be so easy migrate too and buy land as non-citizens? So Harry was a Kiwi, what about the other two kids? Was Joanna B and his Masters license re-reregister from NZ to FP? What put this story into LW, Kira's promiscuous past or Kiri's mother?

/

4*, Hooyah

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 2 years ago

Another great read. Well-done.

Hooked

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 2 years ago

Read this in one sitting last night before bed but waited to think before voting and commenting. I really liked the setup and the rather exotic settings as something different, not often seen on Lit, but there was something about Tim that made me wonder if he was all in on the relationship. As the story neared the conclusion, that faded and I was happy for them but the very last paragraph of the story really stung and brought the question back. It sounded like he meant it as a joke but it would probably have really hurt Kira that it was still in the back of his mind and that he would use it like that. It wasn’t enough to deduct a star from the rating due to the richness of the rest of the story but felt it should be mentioned. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I almost quit reading after getting real tired of the guy's pre-occupation with Kira's "slutty" behavior. and still smoldering jealousy (despite never having declared his feelings). Things improved later, though the guy's jealousy never went away.

There was also a disappointing reduction in PDAs towards the end of the story. No doubt it reflects a lot of guys in real life, something that as a guy myself, I admittedly don't need to deal with with my partner, but freedom to express love and lust freely and deliciously is pretty much the point of something like literotica. A young couple in Polynesia? If I'm with someone I'm crazy about, I want it to be never tiring of delighting in each other, and even if pregnancy is physically impossible, that's no reason to not to ravish and indulge ourselves in each other at every opportunity.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

HE DESERVED BETTER THAN THE TOWN WHORE, A SKANK EVERYONE HAD A GO AT...SO MUCH FOR ROMANCE

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Kira, from town whore to Island whore!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I liked it. Some parts more than others. I thought several times you were going to slip into your Loving Wives format. Fortunately you didn’t.

clearcreekclearcreekabout 2 years ago

i was disappointed in the last statement. It didn't ruin the whole story, however it was in rather poor taste

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanalmost 2 years ago

um dunno what to make of that last line but good story consitant charators no rediclouse changes of perspective thax

francemanfrancemanover 1 year ago

Good story that seems quite realistic.

And yes, life in small and medium-sized communities is different from that in big cities, anonymity does not exist, and stories and rumors (true or false) can run for decades.

Hence my next questions about building your character which seems somewhat wrong.

How can you make her say or believe:

- That being promiscuous with many guys would not attract rumors and comments about his behavior.

- That these rumors, once installed, stopped in a short time. Especially if some ex-friends were still in the area.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

An enjoyable read. Last line kind of put me off but overall a good story

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

There’s a movie script here. Action, romance, danger, the sea, redemption etc

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 1 year ago

Romance love fighting snarls kissing danger traveling paradise …… Beautiful …… but really traveling with this nutshell across the ocean, wow, adventures is the wrong word, but we are glad they made it

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝🛥️🛥️🛥️🛥️🛥️🛥️🛥️🛥️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️

KiwihunterKiwihunter11 months ago

I loved the description of life and work on a small fishing vessel. You make me think you have experienced the life yourself 😉. I loved the way Tim worked through his ilconceived prejudice regarding Kiras previous sexual partners and acted like a real man accepting that she has a right to self discovery like everyone else.

Once again 5 star from me.

Cali_LoveCali_Love8 months ago

Been re-reading through Cagivagurl’s romances for the umpteenth time because they are just that good. Sad though when I get to the end and find I’ve already give 5* and can’t give more. They pull on my heartstrings and then throw in some adventure plus sticky situations and add closure with a HEA, that’s good stuff right there. Thank you.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt8 months ago

Well written, great flow, and love wins! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

That last paragraph really ruined it for me. What's the point of a remdemption story if the last thing we hear is the guy still judging the girl about her past. Would have been 5, but 3* because of his preoccupation with choices she's repeatedly said she isnt proud of and that he's repeatedly said he was willing to look past.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCagivagurl@Cagivagurl
Please do not ask for permission to rewrite any of my stories. The answer is no. The stories and characters within, are mine. I created them, they are mine and mine alone. Save yourself the time and don't ask. If I do not respond to your attempts at contact. It is because I do...

SIMILAR Stories