Ship's Interface Ch. 006

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Interface screwed the top off, and slid out the rolled parchment inside. Unrolling it, she saw that it was a sketch of the view from the viewing platform looking out at the stars in pastel chalk. It flawlessly captured the majesty and beauty of the scene. "This is gorgeous, thank you so much!" She said, pulling Diana into an embrace, and giving her a gentle kiss on the cheek.

As Interface rolled Diana's art up and put it safely into its cylinder, Diana asked, "Are you leaving soon?"

"In two days," Interface answered, a wistful hint of longing in her voice. Seeing the indecision on Diana's face, she said, "Oh my Sweet Diana, this was enough, it was a perfect evening. Beauty and Light come in many flavors, I wouldn't have changed tonight for the world."

Diana smiled, then gave Interface one more kiss. "Goodbye, Interface. I hope our paths cross again."

"Me too," Interface replied. Then she watched until Diana disappeared into her apartment building.

Interface let out a big sigh, and basked in the fresh memory of her date this evening. "Just Beautiful." She said with a contented smile, then began her walk back to the ship, cradling her gift in her arms. As she walked, she smiled at the thought of how extremely lucky she was, to find so many wonderful people to love, and who loved her.

She thought about how lucky she was that she could experience a wonderful chaste evening with a beautiful woman while simultaneously, halfway across the station, she was engaged in a beautiful, debauched session of steamy sex, with other people she loved dearly. Then a phrase about having cake and eating it too, she had picked up from June and Will, passed through her thoughts. She really did have it all.

****

Early the next morning, as Interface cuddled amongst her sleeping lovers, she heard a door open down the hallway, followed by a sniffle and the cough of a small person. Another door opened as the pat, pat of small feet went into the next room. Interface heard Sarah's soothing but indistinct words and then adult footsteps carrying a small load back across the hallway.

A minute later, Sarah came out to the kitchen and began looking through the cabinets. Interface extricated herself, and joined Sarah in the kitchen.

"Everything okay?" Interface asked.

"Yeah, Tara seems to have picked up a cold, is all. She'll probably be a little miserable for the rest of the day." Finding the medicine she was looking for, measured out a small dose. "It'll probably be ice pops and rest for her today." She said, looking a little bleary-eyed. She fished an ice pop from the freezer and took it and the dose of medicine back down to Tara's room.

"She's such a good mom." Interface thought to herself. Seeing the time on the clock on the wall, she knew that everyone would be stirring soon, so she put a pot of coffee on and started preparing a breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast. As everyone woke and made their way to the dining room table, she handed out a plate of breakfast and a cup of coffee.

When Jeremy came down the hallway to the kitchen, after checking on Tara and Sarah, he received his breakfast and coffee, then kissed Interface on the cheek in thanks. "You were pretty spectacular last night." He said to Interface. "The things you can do with that tongue..." he smiled and shivered at the thought. "I'm afraid that last night is going to be the end of our 'sex capades' for now. Tara usually takes a day to get over a bug, and will want to sleep with Mom and Dad tonight." He sighed. "It was fun while it lasted. Too bad you can't stay."

"The ferry starts loading early tomorrow and I'm told they keep a very tight schedule. We'll be back, I promise." Interface said.

Jeremy sighed again, set his breakfast down, and scooped Interface up in a big hug. "See that you do. Tara will miss her Auntie Inta, and I will too." He set her down, grabbed his breakfast, and sat down at the table with the others.

About ten minutes later, Sarah returned from Tara's room. "She's gone back to sleep for now." Interface handed Sarah her breakfast and received a kiss in payment. "but she'll be cranky. I'm afraid we won't be able to see you off."

Finishing a sip of coffee Will replied, " That's okay, we can say our goodbyes here, then head out. Thank you for everything, Sarah."

Sarah walked around the table, stood behind Will, and gave him a big hug, crossing her arms around his chest. "It should be me thanking you. The four of you have made us all so happy, especially you, Will." Then she gave him a loving peck on the cheek.

They finished their breakfast, cleaned up, and then trooped down to Tara's room. Peeking in, they saw that she was awake in bed, playing with a couple of her stuffed animals. One by one, they came in, kissed her on the head, and received a little hug around the neck in return. Interface was last, and as she got a hug and a kiss, Tara asked, "We make bench toast again?"

Interface smiled and replied, "Yes, Sweety. We'll make bench toast again." Interface gave her another kiss on the forehead and left her to play with her stuffed animals.

When Interface returned to the main living space, everyone congregated around the front door exchanging goodbyes.

"You take care of yourselves, okay? Tara will be expecting to see her new aunts and uncles sooner rather than later." Sarah said, hugging everyone.

Jeremy pulled Will in for a big bear hug. "I owe you so much. If there's ever anything you need, anything at all just let me know."

"Thanks, Jeremy. I will." Will said, returning the hug.

With that they opened the door, stepped into the hallway, and lingered for a moment, warm smiles exchanged back and forth.

"Be good. Take care." Jeremy and Sarah said, then reluctantly closed the door. With happy faces, but slightly heavy hearts, they made their way out of the apartment building to the crosswalk waiting for the signal to cross over to the tram. Myrtle and Phyllis were there again, talking animatedly about something, a little more discreetly this time, so the group couldn't hear them, but they could guess the topic.

They boarded the tram to take them back to the station arm where their slip was located, and when they got off, they headed down the green walkway to their slip. Interface trailed slightly behind everyone else, and as she walked, she noticed Assistant Portmaster Fredericks standing outside another slip preparing for an inspection. She caught his eye, and when she knew he was looking, she gave him a flirty wink, causing him to blush a deep red and drop his clipboard. She smiled as she passed, knowing that he was staring at her ass as she walked away.

When she boarded the Nestia and the door sealed shut behind her, she went off to help the others with the pre-departure preparations.

****

"I don't think we can get one delivered and installed before we leave," Will said to Ben, as they made the last of their preparations to depart. Ben was reviewing the ship's inventory at one of the stations located at the back of the bridge, while Will was double-checking the transponder's broadcast frequencies.

"I might just go mad if I have to eat paste and granola bars for the next two months. I think a fridge and load of groceries is a pretty high priority." Ben said, acting bratty, in a joking fashion.

"There will be plenty of supplies, and restaurants on the ferry; Those things are huge. I'm sure you'll be able to find whatever you're looking for." June said, joining in on the playful banter.

Interface walked onto the bridge, finally free to be as naked as she wanted, smiling at the three.

"Interface, help me out. Surely the crew ate more than just what the nutritional dispensers produced, right?" Ben asked, pleading.

"Nope. they only ever ate from the dispensers, or me." She said with a smirk.

"Ah, you're no help," Ben said, with a fake frown and a chuckle.

"I'll tell you what, as soon as we're settled on the ferry, we can go find an appliance vendor on board and pick up a fridge. I'll even help you install it." Will said, offering an olive branch for their light-hearted disagreement.

"Alright, very first thing, though. Then I'll find some steaks. Mmm, I haven't had a good steak in forever." Ben said, practically drooling.

"And what are you going to cook it on?" June asked, with her eyebrow raised.

Ben realized the flaw in his plan and was temporarily defeated, but then retorted, "That settles it. I need to outfit a proper kitchen. A couple of home-cooked meals with Sarah and Jeremy have spoiled me." Ben declared.

Interface laughed and smiling said, "Sure thing, Ben. I'll help you refit the mess hall to have a proper kitchen. I can probably whip up a decent refrigeration unit while I'm at it."

"I knew there was a reason I loved you," Ben said as he stole a kiss.

A couple hours later they completed their preparations and retired for the night. After some vigorous 'team building,' they settled in for the night and fell fast asleep.

Interface lay there, among her lovers, and marveled at just how lucky she was.

****

"This is Penrose Station Control, we read you Nestia."

"We are set to depart for the 'Dallas', and are prepared for docking clamp release. Requesting permission to leave berth, Control."

"Granted, Nestia. Releasing clamps now. Please observe port speeds between the Station and the ferry. Have a safe trip."

"Roger, Control. Thanks for the Hospitality."

The hull of the Nestia shimmered from bright white to reflective silver as the gravity drive engaged. As the ship crept from slip 47A and headed out to rendezvous with the ferry in high orbit, the traffic control officer reached into his jacket, pulled a slim communicator out, and activated it.

"Hey, this is Jack." He listened to the response.

"That ship you wanted to keep an eye on, well, it just left heading to the ferry." He paused again.

"I didn't see for myself, but the Assistant Portmaster was complaining about some silver girl." Pause.

"Yeah, my usual fee is fine, thanks. Oh, and Good Hunting."

*****************

*Author's Note*

Please check my Bio for the story update schedule.

Be good to each other,

T