Sholan Alliance - AU Bk 04 Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Crystal rubbed her face against his chest and enjoyed his purring, "I think I'm the lucky one. You stayed with me when you didn't need to. I know there have been times my need for you to feel safe was borderline obsessive. You took me home to your family, welcomed me into your family, and cared for me. You shocked the daylights out of me when you asked me to be your bondmate. I'm surprised I didn't faint in shock." She giggled when she said that since she had almost thought she was going to.

He started laughing even as he was purring, "I might have been offended if you had. We're both lucky. Now relax for a time before we shower." He started purring even more and they settled down and simply relaxed in the afterglow. He had been wondering what it would be like with a human and it had been enjoyable. To an extent, it had been frustrating since they had to take it slow but he figured it would only get better.

~~~

Dinner with the others

When they walked into the dining room they were quickly escorted over to the Captain's table. The moment Billy had walked onboard the Captain of the ship had invited him to eat at her table that evening. Of course Billy had said yes, and quietly informed the Captain everyone was in the same party so they had been invited as well.

When they approached, Billy stood and gave both a good hug, "Evening and after this if you wish we're going dancing. I plan on doing nothing this week except laying around, playing in the pool, and relaxing with my ladies and baby." He showed them to the table before sitting back down, *I have a feeling Crystal was finally able to let Kingie make love to her. She feels like a mixture of tension and contentment. If so good for them.* After taking a moment to introduce them to the Captain he called for a second ale. It was all he was going to do but the ale he had been given had been an excellent brand.

Kingie had to grin, "Tell me about it, a short vacation is going to hit the spot perfectly. I plan on doing much the same. That and chasing my bondmate around. Toss her in the pool, make her scream, and then toss her again." When she thumped his leg, he laughed, "I have disabled my comm for all incoming calls unless marked urgent. Even then I might consider letting them go to the messaging system to be reviewed."

Crystal frowned at him, "Do that and I still have the pink bows..." To the best of her knowledge he'd never told anyone that story. When he growled at her she gave him a sweet smile. Even now she had trouble believing Amahs had talked her into doing it to him. His reaction had been so funny though. It had taken her a good ten minutes before she had finished laughing that morning.

Everyone looked at the two and Dani raised an eyebrow at Crystal, "Do tell, I know I haven't heard that story yet." Her voice was almost sugary sweet when she mentioned that.

Much to Kingie's chagrin, Crystal told the story around some major giggles. It didn't help when Kingie kept giving her grumpy looks. Everyone could tell he was doing it just to add to the humor. Even the Captain laughed when Crystal was done telling the story. That prompted Dani to tell a story about painting her father's toe nails when he was napping once. Other stories were told and they had an enjoyable evening.

As Billy had mentioned everyone lazed around for the week they were on the cruise. They had a small portable damper for their link days but other than that all of them were wandering and relaxing. It had been a very enjoyable time and when they finally arrived back at the port everyone was feeling far more relaxed. The humans had tanned which had received some odd looks. Even their mates were giving them odd looks. The idea of skin changing color due to exposure to sunlight simply wasn't something they would have considered. Their fur might lighten up some if they spent a great deal of time in the sun but skin? Just seemed so weird.

~~~

Crystal and the women

The following morning Crystal went to check on the women from the pirate ship. She had started checking on them in the mornings before they started their daily therapy. Since that didn't take all day she took it upon herself to show them around town and the guild property. There had been several times they had taken a picnic lunch with and found a private location where they could talk. This morning she was nervous since she had been gone for the week and was now essentially married.

When she buzzed for entry into the one suite they ate breakfast in the door opened and she shyly walked in, "Morning everyone." Man, she started blushing badly when she glanced around.

Savannah came over and gave her a good hug, "We were wondering where you were so we called Kingie's mom. She indicated you and some of the others had taken a short vacation. Good for you." When she leaned back and noticed the blush she gave her a curious look which seemed to make the blush even worse, "So why are you blushing? Did something good happen?"

Crystal covered her face and mumbled into her hands before looking up. She couldn't help the grin which spread across her face. "Kingie asked me for a three-year bonding contract while we were at the temple for Billy's life mating ceremony. It was the reason we were on the cruise." As she was talking she held her bracelet out to show them, "When you do a bonding contract bracelets are used. It's like rings for us. For Billy and his triad, they have life mate torques and man are they nice."

Savannah stared at her for a moment before pulling her into a huge hug and gave her a good squeeze, "Congratulations to both of you. We'll have to invite you over for a meal one of these days. I'm so happy for you." If Crystal could take this step and accept it, there was hope for the rest of them.

The other women gathered around and gave her a good hug as well. Bitty grabbed her hand and lifted Crystal's arm so she could see the bracelet. It showed an etching of both of them with 'fearsome human female' next to Crystal's image. She let out a peal of laughter when she read that, "I'll yell at Billy for you. I fear he has corrupted a easily impressionable young warrior." She had seen the shoulder flashes the warriors had and each one was slightly different.

The others looked at it and started laughing as well. There were plenty of tears as well since it had stirred up a mass of emotions as well. The warriors came over and congratulated her as well. They finally settled down and Bitty demanded she tell them about the vacation. The pirates had almost singled Crystal out for some of the worst abuse. For her to make it this far from the wreck she had been showed them they could do it as well.

Eventually Sojim leaned over and caught Crystal's attention when he gave her knee a squeeze, "We are going to have a small party at my house on Friday. It is to introduce the ladies to our families. You and Kingie are invited to come over. Let me know and I'll get your address. We weren't sure when you two were going to be back so we were waiting to invite you. The therapists feel it would be good for everyone."

She gave his hand a good squeeze, "That sounds wonderful and let us know what we can bring. I'll talk to Kingie this evening and let you know tomorrow. I was thinking maybe we can go to Kitty Picken's for lunch. It's not to far away and we can be back in plenty of time for your therapies." Clarice had left for hers since they were scattered over the day.

Bitty gave her a look, "If'n you were Billy I'd be questioning the name. Since you aren't I'll go with it for now." She knew her uncle's sense of humor and he would do something like that.

Crystal wrinkled her nose, "You should hear what Dani had to say about the name. She didn't believe it either. I swear it is the name of the place. I had to wonder myself before Sally took me there for lunch one day. Let's go." She led them out and they headed off the guild property.

~~~

Grand Marshall

He was sitting in his office with several of his security agents, "We have a leak and I think I know who it is but I'm going to let you investigate. I need your unbiased opinion on who the leak might be. It was brought to my attention a probe of alien manufacture had been found. After verifying it wasn't Sholan I talked to the PM about paying the ship which found it for it. I received permission to do that and was preparing to dispatch a ship to proceed with that. It was brought to my attention an unmarked and heavily stealthed ship met the salvage ship and took the probe. A short time later the salvage ship exploded. Don't ask how this was brought to my attention since I won't tell you. Here is a list of everyone who knew about this to the best of my knowledge. I want a quiet investigation into this and a very in depth security check of all on the list." He handed the pages over. The Grand Marshall had already talked to a contact at the department of justice and received permission for this. They were going to do an investigation as well.

One of the investigators had to raise an eyebrow, "Just to verify, you wish us to investigate the PM as well correct?" He knew the answer to the question but he wanted verification. When it came to this type of investigations nobody was considered safe from them. As far as the investigators were concerned anyone could be turned included their family members. While in training one of their family members was randomly selected. They then had to tear their history apart and find out everything they could to prove they weren't a spy. For him it had been his grandmother. That had been horrifying since she had two separate lives including several lovers until she was in her 70's. She hadn't been a spy though, just... Active.

"Correct. Everyone on that list is going to get a complete security check. If you come across anyone linked to them who might be questionable you will investigate them as well. I want reports from each of you every three days and that includes on the weekends. Someone on that list gave or sold the information and we needed that probe. I'll remind you what the enemy did to the habitat. If they have scouted our system just imagine how much additional damage they could do with a stealth attack. Now go." Once they were out of the office he pulled out defense plans. They had never bothered with any sort of remote hyperspace sensors since there hadn't been any reason. Now there was a reason and the plans for the remote sensors had been pulled out, dusted off, and were being updated. It was going to take time to manufacture enough to cover more than the most likely routes in but it was something.

12