Shooting Matt Ch. 21

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Turbidus
Turbidus
1,095 Followers

"Okay. I'd rather sell the stuff than pack it and cart it around. What's next?"

"List it. Well, sign the management agreement and then list it. How soon can you be out?"

"I owe 'em two more weeks at the warehouse, say two weeks after that, a month?"

"Perfect. You want me to swing by with the papers?"

"I'm heading back from Youngstown, so it would have to be later, or over the weekend. I got no plans for the weekend."

"Tomorrow? Mid-morningish?"

"Sounds good."

***

We quickly establish a new routine. Kent has supper ready. He's a good cook but a surprisingly down-to-earth one, befitting a kid from Tennessee. I was never much a fan of fried chicken until I had his. Mary Beth and Liam came up to look through everything, see if there was anything they wanted before I started posting ads.

Mary Beth offered to buy the bedroom furniture. She was working her butt off for Glenna and had found an apartment she could afford. I told her to consider it back alimony.

"Randy, I think I owe you like a hundred grand in back child support," was her reply.

"Naw," I told her. "It's only about 60K but who's counting?"

She shook her head at me. I finally convinced her I'd rather her have the stuff than get a hundred bucks or so from a stranger.

Liam had a harder time. It wasn't so much he had a hard time deciding what to keep, which was everything, as it was the idea of not having the home he'd known all his life. At first, he wanted to keep his bed. He mentioned he and Matt were going to look for an apartment together. "And you're going to sleep in a twin bed?" I asked him. Mary Beth had jumped in and made him switch. She was fine with a twin. So, in the end, I gave away both bedroom sets. The stuff in the third bedroom I was keeping. That left the sofa, a couple of easy chairs and end tables, and the kitchen table and chairs. Instead of placing ads, I had a garage sale, or a carport sale. I got rid of all the stuff plus the kitchen stuff. Liam was leaving the bed until he and Matt had a place but other than that it was paper plates and plastic forks.

I donated most of my clothes to Goodwill.

The books were hard. I forced myself to keep only one small box of the ones I loved the best. I could get them on a Kindle but Kindle is to book as jerking off is to making love. A poor fucking substitute.

It was at that point I realized. I had no idea where I was going to from here.

Turbidus
Turbidus
1,095 Followers