All Comments on 'Show Me A Good Loser...'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 155 Comments (Page 2)
Alberto_MBFAlberto_MBFalmost 2 years ago

She went from being a math prof to an interior designer?!

Rocket081960Rocket081960almost 2 years ago

Very disjointed and more than a few errors. I enjoy your writing, but this seemed to be several stories cobbled together

GoattimeGoattimealmost 2 years ago

He should have invited rockys ex to the BBQ to and got him involved in their life. I'm sure he's changed as much as Traci. I'm sure rocky will have loved that too, NOT.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

wimpy 2*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

For most part, this is a good story: Wife of 20y goes back to college, starts affair with guy half her age, is discovered by hubby who is cajoled by everyone (incl. daughter) into giving her a 2nd chance, but it reoccurs. Eventually he remarries well. And even reconciles with 1st wife thru his 2nd, to manage to be civil & decent.

Two head-scratchers though:

= how did he get inside the apartment of her female classmate where she was having the fling? (illegal entry?)

= why was he so bellicose about "betrayal" when his 2nd wife was helping his ex, who was being abused? (seems silly & asinine)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

When one thinks about it, the story is screwed up. Math Prof. interior designer, counsellor to divorced woman. So, who the hell is this Rocky woman?. Screwed up mess. LP

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Highly unlikely! Normally an excellent author, but this story is to jumbled and not realistic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"You know how things went down with she and I."

It is disappointing when a mostly grammar-clean narrative is interrupted by the awful 'preposition followed by "I" instead of "me"' error. Would you say: "went down with she"? "went down with I"? It's easy to do it right. Otherwise a fun read.

Wolfgang1955Wolfgang1955over 1 year ago

Anonymous you are all assholes. Don't even have the guts to to post your handle. Let me add chicken shit AH

Tiger27Tiger27over 1 year ago

This is a great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of the worst stories of your entire collection

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Bunch of crap....no freaking way.... her first time was enough. Every women in this guys life treated him like he had no feelings...

Diecast1Diecast1over 1 year ago

I like the story. AAAA++++

DukeStoneDukeStoneover 1 year ago

A great story with more than rhe usual btb in it. So many want to shout about whst they would do but when you've invested half a lifetime into a relationship it's never that clear-cut nor easy. Good to see an offbeat and happy ended salvaged from the wreckage

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A pretty good way to have a bit different angle story about the same thing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

How did Rocky go from being a Math Professor to an Interior Decorator?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

WTF. Send the video, pictures and anything else to Ambrose's parents, all his relatives, his church (if he has one), current and future girlfriends, fiancee and current and future employers. And keep it up for at least 15 years. Fuck up his life as much as possible.

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

Once again mc allows women in his life to disregard and totally override his own desires. Why ? Weak ass wimp is why. Sure he divorced, her , after being cucked for more than 14 months. Then new wife totally disrespects and decides for him what is best. Continued contact after acrimonious divorce is such a stretch anyway, but that is what we get, good ole wimpy hubby just quietly accepting that all women know what is best. Not a good effort, but extremely typical from this keyboard owner.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ughhh. No real payback. The new wife won't take a spank on the butt during sex, but she can get overly involved in his ex-wife to the point of friending her. How about showing him some respect.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

How did Rocky go from being a Math Professor to an Interior Decorator? - by previous Anonymous Commenter

This is what happens when you merge two stories into one... He he he

This Anonymous commenter is not either writer for this story.

I am skipping giving a grade of remark on this story. RCD

RuttweilerRuttweilerabout 1 year ago
Show me a good writer…

This is just a bucket of words. Some assembly required…

Schlouis57Schlouis57about 1 year ago

Bon sang, il aurait dĂť divorcer ĂŠgalement de sa seconde femme qui va faire des choses qui ne sont pas punissables mais le faire en douce dans son dos. Plus de confiance. Ce n'est pas correcte, elle aurait dĂť lui en parler. S'il ne peut lui faire confiance pour quelque chose d'aussi banal, c'est foutu.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I’m thinking the same comment someone posted 2mo ago. But I’ll go a bit further. Rocky befriended his ex, at 1st without saying anything; took him/ a PI to set him knowing. This, after knowing the history of them.

—- Then they became friends- with little consideration for Tal, & he seems to accept it? Rocky becomes agitated when Tai smacks her ass, reminding her of her past marriage, but again, knowing his past, doesn’t worry abt befriending Marcy, changed or not. Writing’s good but dislike the characters. He should’ve been voicing his opinions to Rocky than he did. None the less, 3 stars- as the story only moderately grabbed me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Fairly good writing but "You know how things went down with she and I." Such a violation of grammar is such a shock that it completely takes the reader out of the story (if the reader has a high respect for the language).

RimmerdalRimmerdalabout 1 year ago

Well wrote. Boring as all get out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Rocky is hypocritical as fuck

Concerned about her past but doesn't give a fuck about his

muddman74muddman74about 1 year ago

Lost me when he took the cheating whore back. A solid 1 star just because I can't give it no stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Why does everyone in this story want to help the cheater?

JustplainjeffJustplainjeff12 months ago

I want you to know, that it took a second time reading this, now having my wife read it too. I didn't want to score it very high, after the first reading, but my wife is a retired clinical social worker, who absolutely loved this very different sort of story. 5*, with the suggestion from my wife to do so.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I understand that people only human and mistakes are made. But Rocky’s repeated lies and secret friendship with his ex wife would not have happened in reality. Like wise the guy’s mother helping his ex to the extent of asking Rocky to help, would have caused a cut off of all communication with his Mother. Good until the end, then the story went down the toilet. I appreciate the author pushing the envelope with characters and storyline, but it must be done with believability, which does not happen here.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Yeah, another typical Hooked story with the cheating bitch, Traci. Much of the story was same-old predictable, but still worth four stars ⭐️. Abrupt ending, as usual.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Rocky was a serial liar who forced Traci back into the MC's life. She was so self-righteous and had no right to do the things she did with Traci, no right to like. I feel like the MC lost in the end...

5 stars tho. cool story

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Why must the betrayed husband be civil with his cheating, lying, bitch of a wife? I just don't get it. Plus: why does he accept to be friendly and talk to the whore? That's not being civilized. That's being weak.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Why does a man have to hate his ex-wife’s the rest of his life? Hate is hot healthy. Get over it. You traded up. Let it go.

My wife’s first husband cheated on her. They decided not to let hate destroy their lives or the lives of their children. He had serious issues but they got over their hate and we hung out together at the kids’ events. He wasn’t a bad guy, just a guy living with demons which he had seemed to get control of. I was as devastated as the rest of the family when he took his own life several years later. Such a waste. I am so glad my wife and family never wasted much time living with hate.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

"A real man doesn't hit a woman, even if she deserves it, which in her case..."

Stupidest statement ever.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Fairly certain that wasn’t the Leo quote. Leo is famous for saying, “nice guys, finish last.”

It wasn’t meant as a put down. He was asked about the opposing team by a reporter one day and observed they were all nice guys. They pretty much sucked at baseball so they were going to finish last ih the division.

Nice guys….finish last. Not meant as ALL nice guys, just that particular bunch of nice guys were going to finish last.

He had a GREAT book out several years ago, think it was called Nice Guys Finish Last. He actually played on the 1927 Yankees and the Gas House Gang - two of the best teams in baseball history. Interesting guy.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Why do the women in you stories are so self entitled to make unilateral decisions about mix and match relationships. Then they go ballistic if oppso facto.

Happy ending? The means justified the end?

(What happened to Rocky's 22 pistol?)

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

4 Stars as he took her back . I had no problem telling my in laws and Daughter NO . They kept pushing until I left the state . Last I knew my ex had about 3 boy toys . Plus 2 kids that were not mine

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

what is going on one minute she's a math nerd at the local college next she' working in a shop, why don't the writers read back every so often just to make sure the story is right I noticed quite a few stories are like this.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Bear Bryant at Alabama said.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAA7 months ago

I liked the story. I have never written escape fiction so I really do not know what type of outline (if any) you construct to do a story. I have constructed outlines for columns and it has kept me from transposing information and facts. I caught the same inconsistencies as the below commentator, however I didn't think it detracted for a very well told story. Also considering your fine work, this Tory stand for itself..A very well written and enjoyable effort.

SeaChangerSeaChanger6 months ago

Rocky didn't need to help Traci or lie to her husband ... there are many ways to help an abused woman. But Rocky ignored Traci's emotional abuse of Tal without even recognizing her behavior emulated his ex-wife's behavior. Rocky didn't like being slapped (carrying a 22), and he accommodated her. Tal did not trust a wife who does not respect his moral values, but Rocky ignored his shunning of his ex-wife. Tal should not be forced to welcome his ex-wife back into his life by his current wife, it could have easily led to another divorce and rejection of his family. He has to make that decision himself. 4*

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Yuk!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Tal fakes being a man, but women walk all over him. There's no such thing as being civil to ex- spouse. Divorce equals never to get close again, never to get together again, never again. Point. Or else you're just a willing cuck, be you a man or a woman.

ncdeepdiverncdeepdiver5 months ago

I liked the story but kept waiting for the tie in with the guy from the bookstore.

moosestubemoosestube5 months ago

"show me a good loser and i'll show you a loser"--Vince Lombardi

moosestubemoosestube5 months ago

"show me a good loser and i'll show you a loser" - Vince Lombardi

CamdudeCamdude4 months ago

Nice.I give 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

And,yes, the loser quote is from Vince Lombardi.As I recall-

"You show me a good loser,and I'll show you a loser"

tsgtcapttsgtcapt3 months ago

Great story, got a little long in the middle; but, worked it's way out in the end. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I'm with SeaChanger on this story. That MC has the backbone of a wet washcloth. Getting disrespected by his ex-wife he goes to the next woman who has him under her thump. Really pathetic. But hell, what to expect from a guy who thinks a female bartender half his age is a friend and can give him valuable advice? Completely delusional BS, just like the MC swallowing the crap that his new woman fed him: "I was the only one who able to help your ex."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

“A man never hits a woman, no matter what she’s done.” Well, that’s just stupid. A woman is attacking you, and you just let her hurt or kill you? A woman is hurting a child, and you just let it happen? There’s lots of situations where it’s absolutely necessary to hit a woman!

/

As for the other ways that the MC is a dumbass: He never should have stopped the divorce after the initial adultery. He should have disowned his daughter, his parents, and blocked anyone else who wanted him to reconcile.

/

As for the judge ordering counseling, that’s grossly unrealistic when there’s no minor child, and especially when one spouse committed adultery. The MC should have gone to the press, protested outside the courthouse, and posted on social media. Make the judge’s life miserable.

/

The MC should have told every man that his daughter got close to, that she’s just fine with a woman cheating on her husband. Make sure they know what kind of slut enabler they’re dating.

/

As for any kind of family event, if the MC doesn’t block them forever, well they chose the slut over him once already. Are the traitors going to do it again? It’s either him or her at any event, never both. Yes, even if some idiot is foolish enough to marry his daughter.

/

As for the second wife, he definitely should have divorced her. She betrayed him. She broke his trust. She’s not worthy of being a wife!

/

I find the MC’s father especially repugnant. Its bad enough when women keep trying to get men to roll over and accept disrespect and abuse. When it’s another man, and worse, your father, telling you that you’re better off being mistreated, and that you’re not worth any better, that is just VILE! His father did that TWICE!!!

/

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous20 days ago

Too light on the Traci story.

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

I would suggest the world needs a real readjustment along the lines of "women's lib", if they want rue equality it should include all the unpleasant "Male" privileges like getting hit in a fight, Bar or otherwise, having to do the dirty jobs and whatever else there is on the undesirable Male standard crap.

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

No fuckng way. My wife is on my side against my ex, the way it should be. I couldn't hang with what Rocky did, she'd have been moving out until she came crawling back, or not. That fucking whore would never be in my house, I can tell you that.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous