All Comments on 'Show Me A Good Loser...'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 153 Comments
chytownchytownalmost 2 years ago

****Good read. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Garbage

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good but why did Rocky go from being an Associate Professor at the local college to being an interior decorator? I know it's a mistake, but it is just a bit jarring.

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

"You know you never apologized for the affair? You've said you were sorry for hurting me, but you're not sorry for what you did, are you? You've also never told me why, Traci? What did I do to deserve this?"

That is not a series of questions that are asked after sometime has passed not within mere minutes after letting the cheating spouse know they have been discovered. Hell, they have barely had any conversation at all. It is astounding that this was placed here. It's so jarring and unrealistic dialogue. It's almost like a giant section was ripped out of the story before.

You are better than this hooked. It's rather sloppy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A good story per se. However it felt like 3 stories brought together and confusing with Rocky sneaking away to help Traci.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

NO. NO. NO! THE EX-WIFE SHOULD HAVEW BEEN AIRMAILED TO THE NEXT STATE. THE TOUGH GUY GOT WAY TOO WIMPY TO ALLOW HER AROUND HIM AND HIS WIFE. HE SHOULD HAVE LAID DOWN THE LAW TO HER AS WELL. END OF STORY.

PS: THE STORY WAS GOOD INTIL THE EX-WIFE WASS ALLOWD TO RETURN. SHE SHOULD HAVE, NOT AFTER THE SECOND TIME.

SkubabillSkubabillalmost 2 years ago

Hooked is a great writer and one of my favorites. This was as well written as most of his work but the storyline seemed a bit tired. Four stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Average story BUT Rocky LIKE so many other women have to learn that us men value HONESTY RESPECT and LOYALTY as well as love (jaybee186)

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxalmost 2 years ago

Hooked, thank you for another good one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Really nice story of betrayal and re-found love. Life moves pretty fast at times, and you need to pay attention when you feel like it can be put on cruise control. that's when you need to be paying attention most of all. Well written, quite creative and some fun added. In all, a very good job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Traci needs a touch more burning or regret. And I am a big fan of Hooked1957

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 2 years ago

I always enjoy Mr 1957's stories.

.

The author quoted Leo Durocher, "Show me a good loser... and I'll show you an idiot." What about Joe Montana, who quarterbacked the 49ers to four championships? "If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin' hard enough." :)

.

This was pretty much standard fare for Mr 1957, good if not great. Perhaps he was going along with the theme when he gave Traci a second chance?

.

Mr 1957 used a familiar theme in LW: "I was disappointed when our daughter, Lydia, weighed in on her mother's side.

.

'I know you're hurt, Dad. I am, too. But you guys have been together forever, and you know you still love her. What would you do without her? You'd be a miserable bastard.'" Authors frequently write parts about being disappointed that the kids are taking the mother's side, but, let's face it, at least in this story, Lydia is taking her own side: no child wants to see his parents divorced. That's what love is from a child's perspective.

swedishreader1swedishreader1almost 2 years ago

Rocky?...... seriously?.

You might as well have called him Adrian and the boyfriend Apollo ffs.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 2 years ago

That took an unexpected turn for the husband. He should know Traci just can't be trusted. Nice story and interesting swing at the end. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

No broken trust is broken trust! BTB!

dragonmann72dragonmann72almost 2 years ago

"practically living the life of a nun: none today, none tomorrow and none next week."

Can I borrow that line sometime?

"That's Rocky - Raquel Brignand. She's been coming in here occasionally for the last few weeks now. Divorced several years now from an abusive husband. She was some sort of brainiac nerd in high school. Now she's a math prof at the local college.

Rocky is an interior decorator, and every now and then she has to work late and also some weekend hours as part of the job.

Does she have two jobs or did she change jobs and you forgot to tell us?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Where was the revenge?

payenbrantpayenbrantalmost 2 years ago

I very much enjoyed this story. A few good twists and turns. Some good morals as well. Only thing I didn't like was the main character's take on hitting women. That is a severe case of inequality, but no one is perfect and flaws are needed in characters to make the story better.

All said and done....you did a good job and I did not see any glaring spelling mistakes either.

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

steeltiger01steeltiger01almost 2 years ago

Thanks for a sweet little read.

TnicollTnicollalmost 2 years ago

Great job Hooked! I guess that’s as close to a RAAC as you’re ever going to get! 🤣

SwordWielderSwordWielderalmost 2 years ago

Excellent, but 1 glaring technical error - initially Molly said Rocky was a Math Professor , then later you said she was an interior designer. She could have changed professions, but you need to explain it otherwise those kind of errors can seriously hurt the overall feel of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Getting a professional actuary becoming a college math teacher (instructor) is a plausible career change given Rocky’s undergraduate degree. It is one hell of a leap from math professor to becoming an interior decorator! Canceling regular office hours (time in office when students can schedule time with professor) on short notice would have been a better cover for time spent with his ex (or a lover as he probably suspected).

FireFox59FireFox59almost 2 years ago

So how did that "are you better off with her or without her" work out with Traci. Some of you always gleefully sprout that bullshit in situations like this. I'm guessing it worked out much like it does 95% of the time. She screws Tal not once but twice and he has no one to blame but himself. I go by the old saying fool me once shame on you, fool twice shame on me.

Then Tal gets married to another woman that easily lies to him and brings his two time backstabbing exwife back fully into his life. Complete with every family get together Tal has to put up with her ass. Tal is just a glutton for punishment apparently. Needless to say I really don't enjoy this one.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 2 years ago

This started off okay, then it fell flat on its face when he agreed to reconcile with Traci. If a wife fucks her lover in the marital bed, she has no respect at all for her husband. Absolutely zero.

After being dumb enough to take the slut back, it was just a matter of time until she cheated again. By reconciling, he only showed Traci that he was unworthy of respect... so she quickly gets back to fucking the young stud.

-

Unfortunately, Tal continued to prove how weak he was, when he tolerated Rocky befriending his ex-wife. What kind of a bitch goes behind her husband's back to be pals with a woman that tore his heart out? He then had to put up with Traci reappearing in his life over and over again, then Rocky even set up one of his colleagues with Traci, so he'd be reminded of the cunt ex-wife at work too.

-

Your recent stories seem to delight In making the betrayed husband eat a huge shit sandwich after the divorce. What happened to you Hooked? Your earlier stories never had the protagonist act like such a spineless loser.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A "real man" doesn't hit a woman even if she deserves it? How fucking brain dead did you have to be to include that bit of rancid virtue signalling? So, a woman is about to stab a baby with a knife, but you won't beat on her to stop it? Do you need a 1,000 more examples?

As for this, "He's 21, can go long." I understand you are old, but if you had any idea what is going on with the 20 and 30 somethings of TODAY, you'd know one of the biggest complaints of the women in those age ranges is that the "men" (most of them hardly qualify - they are an embarrassment - but the women aren't any better) their age are "minute men".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Lost my way after page 2.

miket0422miket0422almost 2 years ago

Other than the little twist of Rocky secretly helping out Traci pretty much a by the numbers LW story.

We'll written though.

UnassignedUnassignedalmost 2 years ago

When did Rocky change from being a tenured math professor to an interior decorator? /nitpick, but it was a bit jarring.

.

Otherwise . . . eh, okay but I didn't enjoy it as much as some of your other works. The most interesting thing could have been Traci's redemption and that was glossed over.

CunnyLinguistTooCunnyLinguistTooalmost 2 years ago

I enjoyed the read. I personally would have liked to hear Traci's side of things (perhaps another story?). Tal should have had Traci sign a post-nup as a stipulation for getting her second chance. Thanks for taking the time to write and share your story with us!

MasterKoteMasterKotealmost 2 years ago

Sorry but did not like how the new wife went around his back to help out his ex even under good intentions. That was the dealbreaker for me in this story..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Traci should have floated face down in the river. She's a whore, did it twice to the same man. Hope some young cock gets her, then Reg finds them and offs them both...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

"Good to know. But just in case, I carry a .22 and know how to use it. Just sayin'." -- So you're just planning on making an angry man madder? At the very least you need to be packing a .380 auto. Sure you can stop someone with a. 22, but you better be sure of your shot placement...just saying.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Continuing in his current trend Hooked puts out yet another story where the husband is a weak person easily manipulated by women and people around him. I'm surprised he didn't have a threesome with Rocky and his bitch exwife. I'm sure he would if Rocky told him to.

WetheNorthWetheNorthalmost 2 years ago
Did you have a list of LW clichés?

You seem to have used them all

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I wanted to like it, but could not.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Disliked it

His new wife is way out of the line, it is disrespectful to her husband

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Fun to read.

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 2 years ago

Had a hard time following this one. Why did he take Traci back the FIRST time, after a months long affair? Not believable. Rocky was a loving wife that lied to him. Traci was a loving wife that cheated on him, a lot. Is his daughter the heroine loving wife here? Very confusing as to who was supposed to be the likeable character in this story.

BaggyUKBaggyUKalmost 2 years ago

Hooked me in as always. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I _liked_ the fact that Rocky would help Traci, and that Mal would be out of shape about it.

But the job shift was too jarring, and shook me out of the "willing suspension of disbelief."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very average with a tired plot. And in this century, the answer to the question, 'Are you better off with them or without them?' is almost always, 'Without them'. Why? Because, statistically, your spouse can never the very best person for you and these days it's so much easier to meet lots of others in a social environment. So, if you're no longer comfortable with what you have and your responsibilities allow you to change, do so.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 2 years ago

Another great 5* story from Hooked1957.

Just goes to show how silly some people can be. "They'll never find out!" But they often do.

Pappy7Pappy7almost 2 years ago

Seems like all the men in all of these stories are weak, indecisive and easily lead. None of them have friends or family that stand up for them and even beyond that won't shut up and let him do what he needs to do. Not a group of people I would want in my life.

iammweaseliammweaselalmost 2 years ago

Drifted away when this happened

"It was one mistake, Dad. One mistake in more than 20 years..."

"It was a helluva mistake, Lids, and it wasn't just one mistake. It was a series of mistakes made over several months," I said.

I expected Traci's parents to be on the side of reconciliation, so they didn't disappoint me. My parents, though, surprised the hell out of me. I expected both of them to be mad at Traci, but I didn't expect them to try to talk me out of divorce. I was especially surprised at my father, who always said he would kill my mother if he ever caught her cheating.

The tried and truly worn EVERYONE wants the hubby to RAAC. Literally never knew or heard of any spouses family telling them to pretty much suck it up buttercup. None, and I've known many including a brother who was married over 20 years, this is an old tiresome cliche thats about as realistic as finding anyone with a double digit IQ at a neo-Nazi Trump rally.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 2 years ago

Good story. Yeah, I also wonder how Rocky went from a math professor to an interior decorator, but they don't pay profs well at some of those schools...

GamblnluckGamblnluckalmost 2 years ago

I liked the story and immediately caught Rocky's career change as well. Guess you wrote the first half at one time and then the second half later..That stuff happens.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Not one of your best

demanderdemanderalmost 2 years ago

Obviously he made a big mistake taking her back. And then he allowed her back into the family again. His buddy is in for some heartaches. D

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

3rd chapter was the worst. Sorry but the ex getting beat on I would of kept my nose out of it. If it was my ex I would of told people don't care. And the new wife lied and betrayed his trust, divorce is the only option no trust no marrage. And would of told my family to shut the fuck up about it since they talk/bullied me into giving the first whore a 2nd chance.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It is possible to move one’s profession from actuarial to interior decorator, but it seems unlikely. A little more of Traci’s post-divorce struggle may have helped boost her final redemption. But this was Tal’s POV, so it works anyway.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 2 years ago

Didn't go too close to the edge on any plot points for a LW tale, but still well written as usual. 5*

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonalmost 2 years ago

Meh. Traci was an abuser, just not a physical one. Expecting him to have her that much a part of his and Rocky's life is like him suddenly hanging out with Rocky's ex and her having to just deal with it.

Shit sandwich indeed.

012Say012Sayalmost 2 years ago

A number of high-powered author's stories out at the same time, I chose to read this one first.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well-played. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Befriending the person that tore your new husbands heart out and then bringing her repeatedly back into his life? I’d have divorced her so fast and went no contact with all my worthless family members begging me to reconcile with both the bitches. Maybe he should have befriended her abusive ex and brought him back into her life. See how she would appreciate that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Didn't care for it. Civil is one thing, personally helping your significant others ex is quite another. Not like she is the ONLY one in the world that can help. It is a small world....but not that small.

LarrynDallasLarrynDallasalmost 2 years ago

Could have been a much better story if the author had not chosen to make the new wife and the ex-wife become friends.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You made the husband a cuck for his first wife...twice, then you made him a wimp for his second wife. You heaped on serving after serving of humiliation. I liked a few of your stories, but I think your real self as a person who gets off on humiliating men has come to the front of your writing. VERY disappointing!

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 2 years ago

This is a beautiful story, well told, and under-scored. I gave it 5 stars as the story deserves.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The story seemed a mish-mash of 2 / 3 stories, and totally disjointed. Even the 2nd wife's profession got changed mid-way raising doubts that it was a cut-paste job. Did not expect such shoddy work from Hooked...

CagivagurlCagivagurlalmost 2 years ago

An interesting twisted tale...

Well told as always...

5 stars, because you earned them.

Cagivagurl

Cringo31Cringo31almost 2 years ago

Not a happy ending in my opinion. I am sorry but to let someone back into your life that cheated on you twice was never going to happen. Then to add his wife’s betrayal of becoming friends with the cheater is just too much to believe.

FD45FD45almost 2 years ago

I thought she was a math professor, not an interior decorator.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nope. Too many stupid people in this. No self respect on the husband's part.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

QuickMagazine surprise! A Hooked story only gets a 4! While it nicely follows the usual H57 plot path, somehow this didn't grip me so much as they usually do. Maybe because it seemed he was selecting from a cafeteria menu of Hooked1957 devices. Traci getting that advanced degree reminded me of "smart" Traci's PHD in "Second-Hand Barbie." The friendship between Rocky and Traci reminded me of the one between Angelique and Traci in "A Promise Made, A Vow Broken." Don't get me wrong, I did like this. And might have more had I not read it right after "The Angels Of Bataan" and "Why Can't I Be Loved."

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

"but there was no love. It was...[just sex]" - Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather that there WAS love, rather than she threw our marriage away for something that meant nothing.

\

Maybe the kid really does find her pretty and/or sexy, but guys will say ANYTHING to get into her pants.

\

In real life, which of course is different from LW world, forced counseling is rare.

\

"You two have been married for more than 20 years. You're supposed to be together forever." - Tell that to Traci!

\

"Ambrose didn't have to say those things," - Of course he did, if he wanted her to fuck him!

\

"We can at least take a spin on the dance floor together," - MAYBE if she hadn't come with another partner young enough to be her son

\

Sorry, not buying the friendship with the ex. I would have forgiven the lying, but ONLY at the expense of her cutting ALL ties with Traci. He might have to put up with her because of Lydia and grandchildren, but socializing? No fucking way!

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfirealmost 2 years ago

Good story but Traci wasn't very likeable and her insidious way of integrating herself back into the family and then almost wrecking what he'd developed with Rocky made me angry at her and sad for him. In the end, I was glad it worked out for him and couldn't have cared less how Traci's situation finally turned out. I would hope that she would have considered herself lucky that Tal put up with her at the family gatherings and that she had a friend like Rocky and a new fellow, like Reg. I say that thinking she'd have found herself disappointed if I'd been in Tal's shoes. Thanks for writing and for participating in Randi's event.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

NO! Just NO! ….. wife ex wife. Absolutely no respect at all. Not even his family?

Time to cut all ties.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I see the usual cabal of wimp writers are gushing over this while everyone else is saying WTF.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Why do authors always have to sling divorced persons together just to get a story out of it. It gets so boring, time after time. Its just so booooooooooring and tedious to read. Rocky had little respect for her husband. How would Rocky have felt if it were her husband that kept coming into the house, no she would not have liked it. Please think up some different stories instead of having a jar of persons, occupations, scenarios and plots in them, because you seem to keep pulling out the same bits of paper with the same things on them.

rockdoctor63rockdoctor63almost 2 years ago

This story waS well written and I loved it until the end. A little to cute at the end.

inka2222inka2222almost 2 years ago

Sorry, 1 stars. The new wife COMPLETELY disregarded the feeling of the man she supposedly "loved". Doesn't matter how supposedly "changed" the cheating lying b^&*& is, she broke his heart and a loyal loving wife would 100% be on his side, not get to be friends with the fucked up ex with that "gracious" permission to the man that he "doesn't have to be friends".

Won't even start with the lying part. If she lied, she knows she did a bad thing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Disappointing. Unlikeable characters, disjoint plot lines that sound a bit like cut-and-paste and a bit like write-it-fast-because-deadline-randi.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

Interesting and enjoyable story, well told. Once a cheater..................Wives and husbands have to be honest with each other that means no secrets. Rocky almost blew it.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 2 years ago

Thank you for the story, and contributing to our little anthology, Mr. 1957. Write another, please. Randi.

stev2244stev2244almost 2 years ago

Good, entertaining, classic Hooked story. Always worth reading, and an easy 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What happened to her job as a math professor at the local college?

Doc

mattenwmattenwalmost 2 years ago

Amazing how a mathematics professor suddenly turns into an interior designer. And even more amazing that Rocky ignites a never ending scene because he slaps her on the butt but then completely disregards his trust and has contact with his ex. Although she knows what she did to her current husband! Even deepened this contact and developed a friendship. I don't know your stories and can only get a picture of you through this story. As a result, to me, you let women pass over you like you're nothing. Sorry, but no normal man accepts that.

I can't complain about your writing skills. In terms of content, I find the story grotesque!

ctdansctdansalmost 2 years ago

Fine story but no way do I want my "wives" to be friends like that and I would tell the new guy to run for the hill. After truly explain her cheating - twice - the guy still wants to marry her? Sucker!

njlaurennjlaurenalmost 2 years ago

The story was okay with the requisite HEA even for the cheating wife. The glaring error was this should have been proofread, making Rocky an interior designer was an obvious goof. In terms of him with Rocky helping the ex wife, while I understand he is sensitive to being cheated on, her omission with not telling him was not a big deal...after all she Traci wasn't going to have an affair with him. Yes, she lied about what she was doing, but it wasn't exactly earth shattering either.

An okay tale with a decent HEA.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I kept hoping he would invite Rocky's ex-husband to a family gathering.

rodryder44rodryder44almost 2 years ago

A happy story, go figure!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A Character Morph Too Extreme: Loyal loving virtuous wife for 20 years of marriage, to a cheating selfish stupid whore in one semester, for some younger cock? Like she never had the chance to fuck a boy toy before? And she is now so mentally fucked up and void of all virtue and discipline that after fighting to save her marriage she's fucking the same punk some more, but trying to hide it better. And then she becomes some younger jocks punching bag. And of course a 30-something jock stud wants to be fucking and thumping a woman old enough to be his mother. How did he keep Taci loyal for the first 20 years, she's obviously sex on a stick?

Sorry, but just a bit too extreme. But thanks for the effort.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyalmost 2 years ago

Yeah you aren't inviting my cheating ex wife to all my parties and setting her up with my co workers. Have some respect for your husband.

vickitvohiovickitvohioalmost 2 years ago

I REALLY enjoy your stories. This one not so much. sorry

DFWBeastDFWBeastalmost 2 years ago

Hey Hooked thanks for the entertaining story! Always look forward to your stories.

Killian

kiteareskitearesalmost 2 years ago

Cutsy cheated on hubby wins the grand prize story.

The big issue I have with it is Rocky changed careers from being an insurance actuary to a maths prof (no problem so far) to an interior decorator?? Hell of a midlife crisis.

Thanks

WargamerWargameralmost 2 years ago

Nice story with just the right amount of joy and angst

4/5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

No, just no. This story has no relation to the real world.

Regguy69Regguy69almost 2 years ago

Lots of folks saying no way his new wife gets along with his ex - wrong! When my oldest daughter had a baby, I was thrown into all kinds of stuff with an ex I hadn’t seen in 15 years. My wife and my ex got friendly and now the ex is at all the family events. I have no problem being around the ex because I feel nothing (bad or good) for her, kinda like hanging out with a distant cousin or something.

Well written, enjoyed it.

enderlocke77enderlocke77almost 2 years ago

lol so exactly how old was he at that 25th anni of his and rocky's marriage

jazzharpjazzharpalmost 2 years ago

Very good. The bad comments put me off. But I decided to check it out anyway (there is so much crap on this site these days).

Thanks for the good read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You're better than this bra!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Having Tracy to a family bbq once a yr out if 5 or 6, maybe... but I would stop attending my own bbq's if she showed every time. You can't enjoy a party with a guest who once stabbed you repeatedly, or w people you should have your back - but invite them. It is rude and insensitive and thoughtless and uncaring.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous