All Comments on 'Siblings - Love and Loss'

by Bebop3

Sort by:
  • 111 Comments
blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 5 years ago
Damn, that was heart wrenching.

A treatise on the plague so often celebrated here. I get "extra-marital fun," but I also know what that usually means in real life, it usually means misery for a whole bunch of people. Great job of writing, Bebop, you're a serious talent. Randi.

DFWBeastDFWBeastover 5 years ago
Wow! Very different and very good!

Very interesting and different perspective. Thank you!

Killian

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Great

That was some fine writing Mr Bebop. One of the best postings in LW for a while. This was a take on the cheating wife story that I haven't seen before. He sat back and avoided confrontation as long as he could, but when the little guy's life was in danger he didn't hesitate. He may have been a lot of things, but he wasn't a coward. No happy ending here for anyone.

AutistAdventurerAutistAdventurerover 5 years ago
Packs a punch for such a short document.

You are truly upping the impact of your stories Bebop. Keep up the good work and I always check out your recommendations. :)

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 5 years ago
Nice

Our hero did the right thing. I wish he was around for me when I needed a person such as him.

Five Stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Excellent writing.

Shame the site is called literotica instead of miseryfest as this would fit right in.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Bravo!

This is the first of your pieces that I've read. Very well done, Bebop3. Very artful.

Now, I'll go to your story list and start from the top, hoping that the rest will be as unique and interesting as was this.

Thank you for elevating the postings in this section.

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

A very well written short story. I felt sorry for Tommy being caught in the middle of that mess.

But...

If he'd told Phil immediately, his friend might have been willing to forgive Cassie. Tommy let her keep cheating for over a year before being provoked into revealing what was going on and a long-term affair was impossible for Phil to forgive. Cassie might have been Tommy's cousin, but Phil was one of his best friends who'd saved him from regular beatings as a kid. It was tragic that Tommy would betray that kind of loyalty by effectively covering up Cassie's infidelity.

Coward or not, Tommy could have discreetly told Cassie that he knew what was going on. Just that simple conversation with the implied threat of exposure might have made her end the affair.

gmann57gmann57over 5 years ago

thats a very heart wrenching story. Well written and sometimes very true. 5 stars Bebop3

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
sorry where is the unfit mother, alcoholic, being separated from her son?

4* good but to one sided about him and not the child

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 5 years ago
Hearkening Back to Simpson's “ But What About the CHILDREN ?" flash mob rallying call

Self-appointed, suburban SWAT team skulking to Joe Dirt's bungalow to lay down righteous, wrathful 😤, educational beatdown. They were probably all had ED, ergo the need to ratpack the potent stud while under spell of Morpheus.

Cute tyke put in mortal danger wandering out to roadway. The gay uncle was outraged and punished for his drawing line in sand . Oh well if the ACLU has their way , he can be Cub Scout leader and share tent with estranged nephew on court mandated camping trips to State and National Parks.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 5 years ago
Damn.

5*. Great tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
That was a nice little tale with a moral.

You don't often see a writer randomly promote another writer in a story. That seemed odd, but maybe jimbob has incriminating pictures or something? 5 *s and 🤓🤓🤓🤓.

AMerryman

Impo_64Impo_64over 5 years ago
A very good story...

A very good story...Well written, in good rhythm, easy to read and follow...The dilemma was a hard one, and as in all dilemmas no one was happy with the solution...As I say this is a saving the day story...Thank you...4*

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 5 years ago
Good story about . . .

. . . the quandary of whether or not to tell the cheated upon spouse about an affair. Normally, I’d say “Mind your own business,” but this story was set up so that the protagonist owed loyalty to both partners, not just one.

Still, the obvious question arises: if the gay uncle knew for a year, and did nothing, why did no one else know? Did he really never discuss it with his brother, telling his brother about his emotional quandary, thus bringing his brother into the same decision?

Why didn’t he go to Cassie first, tell her that he knew what she was doing, and at the very least tell her that there was no way he could keep from telling Phil unless she ended the affair? That would have seemed the obvious response of a man who had equal responsibility to both partners in a marriage, who didn’t want to tell, but felt guilty about keeping the secret. And knowing about the affair for so long gave him plenty of time to consider the alternatives.

The story was outside the norm for LW, but it was a good one and it’s refreshing to see someone take a new approach to storytelling. I just wish I had thought of it first. 👍🏻

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 5 years ago
Anony said that . . .

. . . we rarely see another writer randomly promoted. I was mulling having a story character, in another area, being an alumna of the University of Louisiana at DeGarde. 😀 Haven’t done it yet.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 5 years ago
One big squestion

Tommy said to Cassie that he thought other people had to know about the affair; why did she think Phil was taking so many out of town trips. While it isn’t specified that Phil knew about the affair, it’s clearly hinted. More, Tommy suggested that some other people had to have known as well, which means he suspected that he wasn’t the only one keeping the secret.

The divorce was final 120 days later, which is one way of saying that Phil filed for divorce as soon as he could after the incident. But, taking the story as a whole, it’s as though he took action as soon as he could no longer pretend not to know. Being written in the first person, Tommy might not have ever found out if Phil knew about the affair earlier.

Phil’s frequent out of town trips also hints that he might have had a side chick somewhere. Again, Tommy doesn’t appear to have personal knowledge of this, but raising the subject indicates that he should have at least suspected it.

deadonedeadoneover 5 years ago
very good story

pulls at the old heart strings

Yet he has not learned. He is still passive and not taking action. His sister is spiralling down and he is not taking any action.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Very Nice!

I like the changes you made after my last read.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@Powersworder

While I agree that in the real world he either should have told Phil right away or talked to Cassie, if he did then we have no story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Ha

The “miseryfest” comment is funny, you have to admit. This is a dreary story.

cpl8140cpl8140over 5 years ago
Surprised

I am surprised at the low score. This was an excellent piece of writing. It shows a moral dilemma and is heart breaking. "No one is right when everyone is wrong". (no, I don't know who came up with the quote)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

be nice to find out what happens with the future

Alfonso435Alfonso435over 5 years ago
Great short story

This is great short story very well written. I would love to know what happens in the future.

Just keep writing you have a talent.

ArsVampyreArsVampyreover 5 years ago
A little short

It could use with more development, but it's a fine piece of work and worthy of the effort. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Unfortunate that you had to make a weak timid indecisive man also be gay.

Kind of plays into the old but lingering stereotype. His subsequent misery and self loathing got old and obnoxious real fast. Just another lonely miserable cowardly gay guy. Is that all you've got?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
How is the hero wrong

It's not his job to intervene in the marriage, so I think he was mistaken. It's a sad story that seems incomplete.

m1a1m1a1over 5 years ago
liked it

what a great story about a side of cheating rarely talked about,,,the hurt that others feel due to knowing ,,and trying to deciede if you should tell,,talk,,or interfear,, 5*

patilliepatillieover 5 years ago
Nice job

I thought that was powerful and well done. Interesting perspective, he really shouldnt have waited a year, too long, bro's before hoes!

Wonderman1Wonderman1over 5 years ago
Well written story

Very good story about the effects of infidelity. great writing. Thanks for posting

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

A great story, well written.

OPrimeOPrimeover 5 years ago
Great, Different and Powerful

It is hard to write these stories and find a different path. It had a interesting perspective or POV and dealt with issues of infidelity long over looked, that is, the impact on friends and family. The added bonus is it didn't have a cuck theme.

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well written, dark tale

I'll give you props for a well written story. But from my point of view, I don't want to read stuff like this in Literotica. There's nothing sexy or erotic about it. It was simply depressing. Maybe if you had posted it in non-erotic?

boatbummboatbummover 5 years ago
When The Grenade Goes Off...

...the fragments injure (or kill) everyone near it!

Well told, but I found the self-flagellation (I'm responsible for all this misery because I'm a coward) a bit overdone. And even though Tommy knew about the affair for 13 months, there's really no telling how long it had been going on. Maybe Cassie was banging John before she married Phil, and just kept on doing it. Maybe Alex's daddy is.... well, you get the picture.

Five * from me, and another thank you for your continuing contributions here.

VickieTernVickieTernover 5 years ago
Altogether new,

the secondary implications of infidelity portrayed and meditated, intelligently and with some subtlety. In that sense, an altogether original tale, a series of explored discoveries. I hope others pick up on this -- we'd learn more about all sorts of implications.

Bebop3Bebop3over 5 years agoAuthor
Anonymous Comment

"Unfortunate that you had to make a weak timid indecisive man also be gay."

Tommy, Jim, Michael and Maddie are characters from Siblings Estranged. There was no point in that story where Tommy was presented as being weak or timid. The refrains of being a coward come solely from Tommy. It's his self perception, not an objective view of reality.

There is a gay character in the Montauk series. She is never presented as anything but strong. There will be a love interest for her in the next story in that series. That character is frighteningly strong.

To say that a gay character can't be weak or consider themselves weak puts them in a cookie-cutter format that is just as unrealistic as if every gay person was heroic. Gay people are... people. They aren't monolithic entities, all sharing the same personality types.

Bebop3Bebop3over 5 years agoAuthor
Comments

Thank you for the feedback. It's definitely appreciated.

LordGeoffreyLordGeoffreyover 5 years ago
Highest marks

A well written story with rare originality. Thank you.

ValintValintover 5 years ago
@anon - re: not his job

Sure; it's not his job, but choosing to stay neutral also means choosing not to have someone's back which (to me) means that you're choosing not to be their friend, without having the courtesy of telling them.

To be honest, the husband strikes me as a bit of an asshole, and I wonder if the situation is grayer than Tom thinks. The whole "husband's spending a lot of time on business trips he doesn't have to go on" thing doesn't sound at all like the conclusion Tom jumped to, that the husband had any idea what was going on, but more than the husband was having an affair.

Consider this plausible scenario: Husband and wife are having marital issues, which the husband responds to (and exacerbates) by having an affair with a co-worker. The wife doesn't know what's going on, only that her husband is pulling away from her, eventually stops trying to work things out, and seeks solace with a neighbor and in a bottle. The husband didn't give a rat's ass what his wife does, but now that his nose has been rubbed in the cheating, he needs to get revenge and to destroy her in the divorce (with a significantly favorable property division because no one told the wife about *his* cheating).

That's the thing about getting involved in other people's lives. You don't get to pick who the good guys and bad guys are, merely which side you're on. *Not* choosing a side, as Tommy did, is also an option (and might even be a necessity, if you deeply care about only being on the good side), but it can come with consequences, even if you're right.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 5 years ago
Bebop3

I see you took the Lite Challenge and dipped into the L/W section. I have not read any of your other works but might. I felt your story was not only well written but also hit a nerve that most writers miss.

An Anonymous comment was 'Unfortunate that you had to make a weak timid indecisive man also be gay.

Kind of plays into the old but lingering stereotype. His subsequent misery and self loathing got old and obnoxious real fast. Just another lonely miserable cowardly gay guy. Is that all you've got?

I felt that you showed instead how a person with a different lifestyle reacted when torn between his cousin and a best friend. Yes he was cowardly, but he didn't want to hurt either one of his friends. He only spoke up after Alex's life had been put in danger.

Capt. Fantastic wrote 'Tommy suggested that some other people had to have known as well, which means he suspected that he wasn’t the only one keeping the secret.' I tend to agree and after it all blew up then Phil had to act least he be called a cuck for the rest of his life.

ArsVampyre wrote 'A little short

It could use with more development, but it's a fine piece of work and worthy of the effort. Well done!

I feel if it had been any longer it would have taken away from the impact of the story, sometimes a story can be to long.

I was impressed that you gave a kudo's to JimBob44 as I like his writing also.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 5 years ago
Excellent

What a revelation. My first of yours. I’ve saved “Montauk” to read later but haven’t gotten to it yet. Very poignant piece. Brilliant characters. People living in pain and self-loathing. Thanks *****

BTW, JB44 is supremely and uniquely talented! His artistry with language and especially dialogue is extraordinary. I’ve crossed into every genre on Literotica to read his stuff. Still, somehow he ruffles feathers as is evidenced by some of the vitriolic critiques he’s received - but I think that’s probably a good thing. Thanks for championing his work.

266xxyz266xxyzover 5 years ago
Well done!

5☆ I'm in ER with my wife waiting. Hard to type on my phone. Reall enjoyed your well written story. Thx!

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 5 years ago
Very original, well written, but

The hand wringing is ruinous. 5 became 2

amyyumamyyumover 5 years ago
Original

I like original.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 5 years ago
A very sad and moving story

The protagonist is blaming himself for the wrongs of everyone else.

But that's what nice people do. It's why they often get shat on.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 5 years ago
Well written and poignant.

The score seems to reflect the somber nature of the story rather than the quality of the writing, or plot. There is not much to cheer for here. Many readers in LW are not very familiar with your writing style, but they will be. Cream tends to rise to the top.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I'm sorry ...

... but that was utterly depressing.

johnadpjohnadpover 5 years ago
A Better Approach

When he discovered the cousin's cheating he should have had a "come to Jesus" talk with her. Explain he knows what's going on, she either stops immediately or he would tell Phil. This way he would be watching out for Phil, Cassie and their child. Even after the year he should have had that talk with her before telling on her, but the sooner the better. If he felt his cousin was a decent person then he should have given her the opportunity to pull her head out of her ass. If he thought she was a bad person who is going to eventually be bad news for Phil and/or her son then he should have told Phil straight away. But it's obvious he thought highly of her so he should have given her the opportunity to redeem herself, save her marriage and her family. Divorce and a broken family is not good for Phil, Cassie and especially Alex.

I know of a child with extremely vigilant parents, a helicopter mom, whose 3 year old son got out of the house somehow and a neighbor saw him about a hundred yard away from their house and brought him back. I'm sure most people that have children have had similar experiences. One second they're right next to you as you're shopping and the next thing they're 50 feet away and you're frantic looking for them.

So connecting that to the cheating could only be relevant if it happened while the lover was there distracting her. An hour later it's a stretch trying to correlate those two events.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well done.

I liked your approach of a story outside the *nuclear family* and think it was successful.

Thanks.

-DK

GrimmerGrimmerover 5 years ago
2.1

A wet blanket. Very wet blanket.

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 5 years ago
A good one...

...but sad and depressing as hell.

No happy ending here, that's for sure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good story, wrong category

Woulds been a solid 4 stars in Non-erotic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Very good story 5 stars but in the wrong category

I might have missed this if you posted it in non-erotic where it belongs. Tommy is a hero. He was torn between his loyalty to Phil and Cassie. He had to act to save his godson. At that point he stood up for the truth, Cassie should have gotten help at that time. Phil must have had doubts about his wife before Tommy forced him to confront his wife. Neither Cassie nor Phil should have punished their son by keeping him from Tommy. Tommy saved his life and did nothing wrong. I would have liked Tommy and Mike to try to prevent Phil from attacking his neighbor. You could have had some type of reconciliation with Cassie at the Thanksgiving dinner/intervention.

This was an amazingly rich and well written 1.5 page story. I look forward to reading more of your stuff. Thanks for your work.

reasonable man

njlaurennjlaurenover 5 years ago
Downer

Phil might of had his back in the past, but he utterly couldn't do so when it counted, couldn't see Tommy's dilemma, thatTommy loved both he and Cassie, and had the very human weakness of not knowing what to do. Tommy didn't do it in a venal fashion, he didn't do it to cover for Cassie, he was torn. While I undrrstand Phil being angry the real anger should be at Cassie, she destroyed their marriage. Then too he is an ungrateful prick, keeping Alex away out of spite, despite the fact Tommy saved the kid and loved him. Sorry but nothing Phil did in the past justifies his treatment of Tommie, and Jim and Michael should have knocked sense into Phil.

The sad truth is that if Tommy told Phil about the cheating when it started, he likely would have still treated Tommy like shit, the messenger often gets blamed so he likely would have lost Phil and Cassie anyway. If he confronted cassie, she likely would have simply hidden the cheating and resented Tommy f. or 'sticking his nose in it' and 'ruining her fun' Cheating spouses are often like domestic violence situations, someone who steps in to break it up likely would end up attacked by both people.

Basically both Phil and Cassie blamed Tommie rather than the real culprit (s), cassie lost everything for a dallience w a snotball , Phil because he likely couldn't face the reality of what cassie did and probably his own guilt, easier to dump it all on Tommy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Looks like you managed to hit a sore spot with a couple of angry cheaters, but the story was very well done. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Cog

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A fine story

And with a strong dose of realism, although probably better suited for Non Erotic.

@Annon "Meh"

"I found it to be pedestrian and woman hating. You deserve a punch in the face."

You sound like the kind of cultural marxist jackoff that screams in pain as you throw that punch.

5*

Todd172Todd172over 5 years ago
Well written...

...well executed. Not the usual approach, not the usual problems, not the usual solutions . 5*s

GirlintheMoonGirlintheMoonover 5 years ago
Very unique.

I enjoyed seeing an affair from such a different angle. Really interesting and well done. Thank you for sharing.

smmhomesmmhomeover 5 years ago
it belongs just fine in LW

This story deals with how infidelity impacts lives - a perfect fit for LW. Until they create separate categories for "Swingers/Poly", "Cuckold", and "Cheating-Drama" ... go ahead and post any and all relationship drama stories about cheating under LW.

See also the LW work by: Todd172, Blackrandl1958, Jimbob44, StangStar06, carvohi, laptopwriter, cpete, rehnquist, theunoriginalist, S-des, GaryAPB, qhml1, josephus, Tx Tall Tales, Slirpuff, Jidoka, maninconn, DG Hear, creamer, salmis, ohio, MortonGrange, Longhorn_07, rpsuch, FD45, spykke, patricia51, javmor79, jezzaz, harddaysknight, leapyearguy, scorpio44a, jack_straw, postscriptor, britease, cloacas, danielqsteele1, judogeezer, RichardGerald, finishthedamnstory, DFWBeast, stev2244, angiquesophie, SW_MO_Hermit, likegoodwine, juanwildone, PAPATOAD, Denham Forrest aka The Wanderer, dangerouslydead, FrancisMacomber, DeYaKen, ... and many others....

Oh yeah, let's not forget, "Just Plain Bob".

QuicksilverDragonQuicksilverDragonover 5 years ago
No happy ending, but well written story

While there was no happy ending, there was a bit of hope at the end. Still, very well written. I could feel the conflicts the protagonist was facing. He was in a no-win situation and had to live with the fallout.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@njlauren Re: "Downer"

"Tommy didn't do it in a venal fashion, he didn't do it to cover for Cassie, he was torn" - Excellent point! In so many stories we see the friends who know and don't tell, and give the mealy-mouth "I didn't want to take sides" excuse. This was TOTALLY different.

penneydog55penneydog55over 5 years ago
What

A Bummer of a Story! Depressing to the Max!....shoooott Why get Married or even get involved with The likes of this Woman? ....Here the Kicker. ..She is your average, run of the mill Sweet loyal loving Wife!....BUT. ...While the cats away the mice will play!

Yeah I am going to give you My Endorsement ★★★★★ WOOF!

FirstwithUFirstwithUover 5 years ago
As real as it gets

So many have been there, got the t-shirt, lost both friends.

Sometimes your damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

You've got to live with yourself in the end,

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
An excellent story

It’s a story that makes you think. Not everyone is the same. Not everyone shares the same like and dislikes. I’ve been there. As other comments have stated, everyone has been there in some way at some time. That rock and hard place where you are going to be ‘the bad guy’ no matter what you do.

That’s when your own sense of honor, of self is all you have to go on.

Thanks for this story. It’s the best one I’ve ever read here.

KT

(Only Anon still because I can’t seem to get the website to answer an e mail. Maybe there are more Anons with that problem)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
5 Star

5 Star piece of work. Original. Moving. Realistic. Best for the child, but at a heavy cost. No adult winners.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Could you be any more unoriginal? Kid runs down the street chasing a kite. The cousin is almost hit by a car. That -situation- is straight out of bad writing 101. And she's sleeping with a redneck drug addict? You really went all out in your story line. Sad writing and the emotions felt, but just sad writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I never leave comments, but

this is one of the best i have ever read here.

thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Of course it’s BTB fiction but...

It’s a fine example of what happens when you don’t mind your own business. He watched it for a year! It is inferred her husband knew, or didn’t care. He chose to end someone else’s marriage, when he could have saved it. The wife might not gone off the rails, and the family stayed together.

You did show the shit storm a buttinski with a capriciously rightist rod up his ass caused.

C_frommnC_frommnover 5 years ago
Great Story

5 *'s

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 5 years ago
Huh

Is this part 2 of a story?

You have characters by name but no introduction or anything except their names.

Only got a little into it. A loving wife? Story, but character is a single gay man. He does not even have a fuck buddy let alone partner.

Makes no sense.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
UltimateHomeBody

Somewhere I read that these characters were first in "Siblings Estranged."

I found it! It was in a comment by Bebop3 on 09/06/18.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Horrible

You acted like the husband knew, but then the shit hit the fan when he told him. Kinda made it all fall apart.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Why I like the good BTB stories

I think the depressed story ends are the main problem of the dramatic LW stories. I think the positive future of the LW stories drives these type stories to the Romance.

I think the succesful divorced husband stories from cheating wives could belong to the Romance hub or the readers should be accustomed that the cheated on husband could have been achieved success in the future and not the eternal unhappiness is his fate untill his death.

The story showed an interesting perspective without future for the characters.

The reader gets depression reading this story, but we come here to avoid depression for example I prefer good BTB stories with successful future for the cheated on husbands in those type stories.

BTB 5***** for the original POV. However Vulcez used other POV as the cheater, lover or the cheated on spouse in his story "How Are You?" and the reader can read the future of the characters and few readers become depressed reading his story!

Once more = 5*****.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well...that was depressing as fuck

Is there some odd fraternity of guys who get fucked over by women where they sit around all day and make up these stories?

eh9198eh9198over 5 years ago
Very well done!

Masterfully written, unique take on the genre! Wonderful work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

too bad phil couldn't be happy tommy finally had the courage to tell him what was going on instead phil hated tommy phil is nothing but a first class asshole time for him to get some balls and man up

NaughtyNaughtyNurseNaughtyNaughtyNurseover 5 years ago
sorry

But this is probably the worst story I've read here on Lit, and you are one of my fav authors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS

To the anonymous who thinks he should have kept minding his own business.

I suppose he should have minded his own business and let the kid get run over in the street.

And I suppose you should have minded your own business and not made a comment.

No. The truth is that if you live on planet earth, you cannot avoid other people's business nor they yours. Although sometimes there is a choice about how far that minding goes.

Cassie and Phil. Your son would be dead right now if it were not for Tommy. Tommy could have denied you seeing your son by not risking his life in traffic. You are selfish ingrates.

Paul in Oklahoma

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 5 years ago
Dark but well written

I have to agree that it’s somewhat depressing. It’s also very unusual, and interesting because it’s not among the cliche stories.

IMO, it’s fairly realistic. The author does a decent job revealing the anxiety and depression Tommy faced, the result of a no-win scenario. How do you choose sides when your oldest friend is betrayed by your sister? Try to manipulate a scenario where he discovers his wife’s infidelity without explicitly ratting her out? He probably should have discussed how to tell Phil, with his twin and Michael. Regardless, Phil would be devastated.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Read again

You are truly one of.my favorites now in LW. I went back to read this again. I consider this to be one of your finest efforts. A great story of the consequences of cheating.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

Absolutely heartbreaking, and so well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Emotional impact

But he was right it was complete cowardice not to inform Phil instant;ly or sooner if he could see it developing. They might all be friends but there was only one person destroying the family.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
Truly an original story!

What a powerful change from the usual stuff here. That was excellent and very painful to read. Good job.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 4 years ago

Really good but different take on the impact of cheating. Just needs more of a resolution please write a part 2

etchiboyetchiboyover 4 years ago
Original. Beautifully written. And incomplete.

This needs an addendum. Not a lot, but it just leav...

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
VG STORY....TOO BAD HE WAS TOO WEAK TO DO THE RIGHT THING.

If it was me, I'd have told her that if I ever even THOUGHT she was fucking the redneck asshole again, I'd tell her husband exactly what I'd seen her do, why I'd told her what I'd do if she ever did it again and how I knew that she'd continued doing it. That she'd forced me to do what I told her I'd do.

4 stars

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago

Read again after seeing Wargamer's cooment. Still stand by origional comment, but agree with others in that I wouldn't mind seeing Bebop revisit this story with a sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Some good emotional truth here

You could have easily told this from Phil's perspective, but you made the more challenging choice with a less conventional and far more interesting narrator. Well done, you!

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 4 years ago
Needed perspective

So many LW stories are written as if there is only husband, wife and cheater, sometimes with kids involved. Other characters are just dressing.

This story provides a different and real perspective. No heros; just life.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
What

What an arsehole Phil is.He should have been grateful for Tommy saving Alec's and for informing him Cassie was cheating on him.Personaly I think Tommy is better away from such an ungrateful pillock.

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 3 years ago

Well written. Moving. Depressing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

A touching story that probably plays out more than one might think. Thank you Bebop for an emotion filled story.

somewhere east of Omaha

mattenwmattenwalmost 3 years ago

That's how life can be. Hard but unfair! One way cheating can have an impact. Tied to your protagonist, you really impressively described the predicament that false fidelity can cause. Although never a perpetrator himself, he now has to endure a lot of hatred. I liked it.

PeelercrabPeelercrabalmost 3 years ago

Been in dat boat. What do you do. Been there and told his brother what I saw. He said I should tell. Did. The only thing I ever saw more powerful than good sense was white powder. The worst thing about Disco was Coke Ho's. Back in Disco dealers could have a great time without getting high and Da Ho's knew how to get theirs.

numbnutz49numbnutz49almost 3 years ago

I felt it! It's the strongest compliment I can give!

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Solid, emotional story. Bebop3 at his very best. Doing the right thing isn't always rewarded, but it's still the right thing.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Damn

Excellent tale. I'd kill the bitch if it was my brother.

Five Stars

RanDog025RanDog025about 2 years ago

Excellent story! 5 BIG FUZZY STARS!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It is sad that family knows all the tools to hurt us the worst. Good story!

somewhere east of Omaha

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBebop3@Bebop3
NOTE: I'll be taking Painting By The Numbers down soon, so if you'd like to read, please do so quickly. In the meantime, the new Hop on the Bus story is moving along well. Coming up in 2024: Second Hand Hearts, a story in the Hop on the Bus universe, but with a twist. Than...