All Comments on 'Side Effects Include...'

by vanmyers86

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
dmallorddmallordabout 2 years ago

Wonderfully tied together! The build, the changes, the test of the bonds of love - all of it culminating with the making love scene was nicely woven together. Rated this 5.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 2 years ago

Interesting story!

5

MaonaighMaonaighabout 2 years ago
A delight of a story...

...wrapped in a joyful tale. It's exactly the sort of spirit-lifting thing guaranteed to kick-start the day and leave the reader with a grin on the face. You probably gather that I like it very much. Thanks for this, Van, you've made my morning.

LBLR15LBLR15about 2 years ago

What a wonderful romantic story. I really enjoyed it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Holy crap! All that time she knew and never even confronted him nor did she bother to change to stop it at only one affair.

That man is the luckiest guy on the planet! My wife would shoot me.

pcman1950pcman1950about 2 years ago

Lovely story. Would that my reality mirrored Pete's. My first wife's demeanour changed dramatically almost as soon as we were back from the honeymoon. Twenty years later the marriage ended. A second, though vibrant, marriage began to change after about seven years. Now, 20 years in again, a passionless life during a pandemic seems to be the way my years will play out. Apparently I have not "chosen wisely."

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952about 2 years ago

Really beautiful story. Thanks for sharing your gift.

dwoelfledwoelfleabout 2 years ago

Fun. Could see the punch line coming, but still a great little romp.

McMahonSMcMahonSabout 2 years ago

Too unbelievable to be fiction, lol. - Firm Believer that "truth is stranger than fiction". Really enjoyed it.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 2 years ago

This was a pleasure. It was well written, uncomplicated and entertaining. Although most readers would guess her change was not related to any drug, it did not lessen the enjoyment of reading the story. Nice job.

rayironyrayironyabout 2 years ago
Cute!

The placebo effect is strong, but not that strong...

Kinda too bad, that

PeytonMirabellePeytonMirabelleabout 2 years ago

Tight, sweet story. Thank you for sharing!

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

1 star - so far beyond real life or even fantasy - more like an episode of the Outer Limits.

ScottishTexanScottishTexanabout 2 years ago

Very very nice. 👌

I really enjoyed the happy ending most of all. While having the sex basically glossed over and mostly ignored was a tiny let down, having Jackie turn her life around on just a placebo was a neat twist.

Unfortunately, things like this never happen in the real world. 4/5

PickFictionPickFictionabout 2 years ago

Loved this the first time I read it and still do. Too bad some people are so restricted in their thinking that they can't allow for a little imagination in others. Well written.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

After the good feelings the story generated. I should not have read some of the comments.

The world of the story belongs to the author and she created something special, and in doing so in effect said, if you want something go after it. In a sense the sky is the limit. The heroine did want to be happy and change. He diet was ruining her life.

The offer of the medicine to help convinced he to try. In a sense she kicked a deep, drug like habit of dealing with her problems with sugar highs that were destroying her. I have seen great changes when people break the sugar cycle and suddenly feel alive and healthy.

Naysayers, why read a romance if you do not believe in HOPE. It is a 5 star romance.

The Hoary Cleric.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
uservanmyers86@vanmyers86
"Becoming Who We Are," a non-erotic novel I wrote several years ago, has been posted. A couple of characters in it also appear in the upcoming Year of Yes, along with a few others from other pieces set in my Pennsylvania universe. I'm here because I love to write and read sto...

SIMILAR Stories