Sight Unseen

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She looked over at her husband who was shaking hands with some departing guests.

"I can't see the big things. I can't tell if someone has cancer, I can't predict the stock market, I can't tell you what horse to bet on, but I know what's important. I knew that Pete and I would have a lifetime of love on that first day of school. I knew you didn't have a chance with him. I knew that you tried to make my life hell because you were afraid you weren't good enough to replace me. And I know that you plan on ostracizing my mother and children from the family.

"Well, guess what, bitch? It's not going to happen. You're going to disappoint everyone. You'll be married and divorced three times and die in your early forties, alone in a cheap motel. I hope you enjoyed the reception, Deborah. Feel free to stay and use the open bar. I'm going to go get my husband, take him to the hotel and show him how much I love him."

Deborah watched in mute fury as Cassie walked to Pete, intertwined her arm with his and led him to the door. Making her way to the bar, she drank until her cousins escorted her out. She was touched by the Gift as they exited the building and she saw her life unspooling in front of her, just as Cassie predicted.

*****

This story is for Geni the Brave.

12