All Comments on 'Sign of the Times'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 304 Comments (Page 2)
AgroundagainAgroundagainalmost 10 years ago
Wonderful Story

5 stars. You are a great writer where it concerns human nature and your dialogue seems real to life as do your characters - no mega men with bazookas or hydrogen bombs in their garages. The children's interaction throughout fed nicely into the story as the plot twisted and turned.

Great plot. Well done, Carvohi.

jviresjviresover 9 years ago
Am I the only one that was expecting a twist ending?

With his brother off in the 'army' and the way that Ralph was behaving(this was the only reasonable explanation that I could think of to explain the fear that Ralph seemed to exhibit with the thought of Cale confronting him), I was thinking that big brother had gotten word about how things went down and maybe made a trip into town to straighten up the issue with Ralph.

Also, he knew that Cale needed his wife just as Daphne had shown that she was dedicated to Cale so brother decided to sacrifice his own reputation and become the villain in the eyes of his brother so that Daphne could be forgiven. I guess sometimes the stories become more involved in our heads than the author imagines up himself.

carvohicarvohiover 9 years agoAuthor
to jiveres...

if you're still around; one problem with these little stories is when I write them. It's usually in the middle of the night, and I'm sort of mentally at sea. It's incredibly easy to let yourself go and end up with crazy outlandish endings. I try to calm them down, but sometimes...'A Tale of Two Sisters' is an example. I went just a little too far in that one at the end. It happens.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Doesn't Make Sense To Me

While I understand her not wanting to ruin his feelings for his brother, I think letting him think she was cheating with Ralph was worse. Telling him about Chris would have been the lesser of two evils.

And why shouldn't he tell her he knows what Chris did, and doesn't blame her? As much as he is forgiving her now, she is still having to carry that secret inside her because she doesn't know that he knows.

phil2213phil2213over 9 years ago
Although well written and enjoyable too ambiguous.

The author left many doors open and gave the reader many opportunities to speculate. I grew frustrated by the ambiguity of the facts and eventual plot. The story was extremely well written in spite of itself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
2 stars

keep trying ,,u might get it write someday,,thst is if u don't turn to be a wimpy cucky writer like the majority of the so called talers on this site.

think they are probably doin an auto-bio of their self cuck lifes.

kdcee79kdcee79over 9 years ago
Not for me

Far too long, often boring & frankly your hero, Cale, has to be the biggest wimp you've ever written about. Well written, sure, but certainly nowhere near your usual standard, I didn't enjoy this at all, in fact it was hard work to get through it. 2 **

FD45FD45over 9 years ago
Was there a tear unshed?

Crying, gulping, vomiting, whining, excusing rationalizing, impotent, feckless and clueless.

Look...you wrote him this way. You KNEW how people would react to his character.

What are you trying to say or prove? If you make a character no one likes, don't be surprised at the comments you get.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
HAHA

FD45 wrote: Crying, gulping, vomiting, whining, excusing rationalizing, impotent, feckless and clueless.

he sure did a bang up job of describing himself didnt he

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
Interesting take on the problem -

It holds pretty true and comes up with a way to work thru it -

There are still issues unresolved pf importance - she did violate his trust - he is deceiving her - she is a victim if rape and has not opportunity to get help to deal with it.- neither of them trusts the pother enough to deal with these issues.

Trust is a fragile thing and is vital to a good long relationship - theirs is broken at a minimum.

carvohicarvohiover 9 years agoAuthor
all right, all right...

I get it! The story sucks! Cale sucks! I suck! I'm in the shitter here! My wife is leaving me. My daughters tied me to a pole and made fun of my puny body. My sons are changing their last name. My dog has been pissing on my legs. My last and only friend, my rooster has refused to crow for me. My wife's horse tried to kick me in the head. The tractor won't start. My truck rolled over on its hood, kicked its wheels, and died. The dentist says I have periodontal disease and all my teeth are going to fall out. The pastor caught me picking my nose during communion. I get it. I'm a fuck up.

But just you wait! If you think this story was bad, well I've got another thing coming.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 9 years ago
Unlikeablke

Unlikeable, obtuse characters, wandering, long-winded story. Strange sentence structure. Obvious plot holes and I read the damn thing all the way to the end. Go figure.

fifteen16fifteen16over 9 years ago
Secrets

Just a story but a good example of the folly of keeping a secret, it is not a lie but not revealing the truth can one day turn around and bite you causing even greater heartache. His wife and parents were protecting him the actions of his brother and they continued to do so knowing the children were suffering seeing their parents being torn apart, then the attempted suicide, can't do much for your children from the grave.

VickieTernVickieTernover 9 years ago
We live with a narrator,

and this one is so deliberately dull, innocent, impercipient, intellectually boring (yes, though a nice guy etc), that it's hard to sustain attention to his observations and attitudes. Though in the end he comes through, he could have been a bit smarter the whole time, a bit more ironic or self-aware. Even his delay telling us about Daphne's written self-sacrificing conditions for a separation seemed not cunning but merely forgetful, negligent, dumbheaded (why keep us in suspense about what's affecting him?). I know you like different temperaments in your narrators, but if you use a naive "nice guy" narrator again -- or any 'unreliable narrator' -- at least let him disclose unawares to the reader whatever it is he's failing to register, fer goo'ness sake!

xtremeddxtremeddover 9 years ago
I usually don't read comments. Who said it was bad? You got someone who I

should break their leg, or something. I'm guessing that if I read the comments (115 at this posting) Anons would be 4* and the rest 5*, right?

C'mon I don't write so I don't complain if the writing quality isn't there. The story is good or bad by likes or dis-likes and some readers think it's "non-fiction".... yeah right!

Great story and writing, OK? and Thanks for sharing your hard work on Lit.

x

carvohicarvohiover 9 years agoAuthor
To the anonymous comment from 12-11

I thought I left an appropriate message back in September.

mike9698mike9698over 9 years ago
wtf is this

first off his sister is right he is a pussy. what divorce lawyer tells a potential client that she doesnt believe divorce is in anyone best interest. this has to be the single dumbest thing ive ever heard.she basically tells him it doesnt matter what his wife does he has no options he has to stay with her.this is also total bullshit. whats with his parents immediately taking his wifes side and then telling him that they didnt care how many people she was fucking that he had to make up with her. no way in hell this is any sane parents response. i had to stop reading this pile of shit then.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Appreciation

Can't you people just appreciate a story? I mean shit...you've read it all the way to the end. Couldn't have been that bad. We may disagree with the authors point of view. Certain things we have to question. However, it was a pretty good story.

ChagrinedChagrinedabout 9 years ago
Nice story but still not quite a 5

this was a good story with some excellent plot twist, but that is also it's weakness. cavohi is needlessly wordy with minutiae that doesn't really move the story along. He goes backward and forward instead of a smooth progression. A point is made and then the same point is made later. Ruins the momentum of the story. He could have easily cut 4 pages from this and still had a great story.

Good story but remember: an economy of words is always the best.

BetterEndingBetterEndingabout 9 years ago
Good Story

Wow, it looks like some who left comments about her being a cheater did not read the whole story. Don't they look foolish.

Thanks for a good story and keep on writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Wimp??

Those who call him a wimp either didn't read the whole story or don't understand a story beyond a Dr. Seuss story. Although there are some gaps and errors, most of the authors are amateurs and most stories are fiction. The story is longer than it should but any vote below a 4 (mine is 5) reflects a low sense of quality.

Tiny Tim

Richie4110Richie4110about 9 years ago
Wonderful Story

This one had it all! It will be hard to top

Thanks for sharing this effort with me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
No closure

Daphne never told Cale a few *major* secrets. Cale never told Daphne what he discovered, thereby giving Daphne a way of opening up. I understand ignoring the issues were their way of getting past the badness in Daphne's life.

If this wasn't a story, I'd think that both would have some health issues by keeping the issues internalized. After all, trust, honesty, and no keeping secrets is the best way to keep a relationship strong. Imagine never having to avoid a topic, or never leaving the room because something is out of bounds, or perhaps never needing to lie if there was no way to get out of telling about the secret.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
We all have opinions

1. Way too long. It goes past foundation of plot, suspense factors and character introduction. Good twists but way, way too much time on ruminations.

2. WTF ever starts a statement with "See here ....."?? Really? Are you a Jimmy Cagney fan?

3. His wife still withheld her big secret which means trust issues.

carvohicarvohiabout 9 years agoAuthor
To the anon above...

Who the fuck ever starts a sentence with 'who the fuck'? I mean...What the shit, are you that far off. 'Like, for real, you never talk? Honestly, come on, criminy! To tell the truth give me a break! Jeepers like are you a robot? Gosh darn! Golly wow! Holy cripes! See what I mean? Like hardly sort a maybe almost?

And I'm not Dickens or Clancy, or Hemingway, but every now and then a little aside sometimes adds a little pungency to the story. Gosh I mean like geez! (lol)

Enjoyed your comment

user110user110almost 9 years ago
wait a second

are you telling me that she forced all that drama on everybody just to protect hubby's memory of an aids stricken rapist who died in prison a year ago? that's stupid as hell.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great story.

Thank you for sharing, I enjoyed it very much. It is nice to reading a story that comes together with happiness with the couple ending up in each others arms.

Thag99Thag99almost 9 years ago
No Closure opus 2

I really liked the story. I have to agree with anonymou's " no closure" comment. It seems that they will always have a secret between them that could be troublesome later. It would be a show of his love to lift the burden from her.

Another great story

Jack99Jack99almost 9 years ago
Daphne and Ralph

"Do you think he bought it Daphne?" Ralph asked his mistress of 10 years.

"Haha, Shit yeah, the guy is the consummate cuck. He'll believe anything I say, especially if I give him a sob story, and let a tear drop from my eye." Daphne replied, laughing.

"Damn, he must really love you."

"I guess, but to be honest, I'm not sure he knows what love really is. If we didn't need his money to fund our drug buys, I would dump his star-struck ass." She shook her head, as she wiggled out of her jeans. "It'd be nice to get rid of him, so I could live with the father of my children."

Ralph paused while stripping. "Perhaps we should pull another 'Chris'?" he asked. " We could frame his ass for our crimes, and then forge a suicide note. Everyone would buy it. They did last time."

Daphne, now naked, started howling with laughter. "Let's do it, Ralph baby!"

-----

Just kidding.Love your work, thanks!

AmbivalenceAmbivalencealmost 9 years ago
Hmmm... so, what, for the rest of his life he never mentions Chris again...?

I would think that she would find that sort of odd for him to suddenly no longer mention his "hero"... and yet I'd find it even stranger if he were able to PRETEND that Chris WERE still his hero...

Also, way back at the beginning, you let us know that Cale can be completely incapable of being deceitful or hiding important stuff from Daphne... and yet now...? We're to believe he can do for his whole life what he was unable to manage for five minutes...?

And I can't help but wonder... Why was she hiding the truth from him...? Was it JUST to protect his image of Chris...?

If so, he should say, "Dear, I love that you've been working so hard to protect my 'hero image'... but you don't have to now. And know that though I thought I couldn't love you more, you doing this for me proves me wrong."

JAUNTYOLDONEJAUNTYOLDONEalmost 9 years ago
WOW,WOW,WOW,WOW !!!

WOW,hell of a story,never expected the ending. Just one thing I have Parkinsons and I too thought it was TERMINAL . . . . .but turns out it ain't, it will make you wish it was,and might get you to the point of being a cocktail shaker for a bar but it's not fatal !!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Damn just damn

It's easy to pick apart a story you don't like and hard to say what a story you love. But I will do my best.

Bad

1: I can't really think of anything except I think that him being upset at the parents for all the lies over the years would of been more realistic.

Good

1: In a short story it's hard to make characters stand out but you did it. They all seemed to have a distinct personality and that you pulled that off is a credit to you.

2: Truly a heart warming tale. The cold fact is that most people read this genre to get that gut reaction of hate for someone who is betraying another person. We want that viseral thrill of hard justice done. This genre is all about the car accident and when looked at like that I wish I disliked that about myself. But you pulled this off magnificently you had that visceral thrill but with some twists and turns you still pulled off an great ending.

3: I believed it now that I am away from it I could poke holes in the plot line but when I was reading it I was enthralled. And that is all you can really ask for you a reader to be pulled in and to be taken to your world for a time. Well done.

I would say this is your best story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Cale was truly annoyomg for a long time but liked the story in the end.

Sometimes your humour can be more annoying (Cale's comments throughout) than funny but keep on trying.

Your writing could be more refined but otherwise loved the story, well done. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
maybe the stupidest plot ever, but

at least it had a plot.

3*

SMLlewellyn7SMLlewellyn7over 8 years ago
Brilliant plot, okay writing

Congrats. What a great plot. Five out of five. This is not the best writing I have ever seen and it probably could have been a bit shorter.

But it was emotionally powerful and I love a story in which you know something is not quite right but you don't know what.

I won't give away anything here because some people read comments before stories, but, dang, this had a clever ending.

Cheers Steve

fifteen16fifteen16over 8 years ago
Lawyer

Reading the part in the lawyers office reminds me of an opinion I have had for many years. Working in a male dominated enviroment and listening to many conversations I came to the conclusion that many men leave home where their mother waited on them hand and foot. They marry and let the wife do the same the only difference is they have another mother they can legally fuck, sure they are hard working people and love their family but they have never grown up. Many mothers do not let their little boys grow and fend for themselves, then they pass on their grown little boy on to some poor unsuspecting woman. A man who cannot cook a decent meal, do the washing, keep where he lives clean and takes responsibility for seeing that bills are paid is not much of a man in my view of life, of course all these things are done by way of sharing and joint responsibility. Very well written story as they all are by carvohi.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 8 years ago
It's just a story

What shit Hillery kicked up when she stuck her nose where it didn't belong. God save us all from all such meddling Taliban.

Didn't read the other comments, but I'd be surprised if anyone fingered her as the busybody

Chilley

christmas_apechristmas_apeabout 8 years ago
tldr

too long, did read. this would have been a great three-page story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Shit Story

One miss interpretation of a meeting between his wife and his best friend results in 10 boring pages! Why would his wife have to go to a motel room to talk too Ralph? Why wouldn't they just talk in his car! Really stupid reasoning on the part of the author.

NATHANBRITTLESNATHANBRITTLESabout 8 years ago
Didn't Start Out So Well, But Boy...

The beginning was less than stellar but it had a strong finish. I was going to give the story only 2 stars but I ended up giving it 5 stars! I love the maturity and complexity of the character. One criticism is the the supporting characters (e.g. Cale's parents, his sister and his lawyer) were one dimensional and from their support of Daphne rather than Cale was rather unbelievable, in my opinion

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I agree the story was too long. The reasoning of the story was convoluted to say the least

for his parents to hide from the siblings the real life of their brother was pure self satisfying pride. The woman was raped by their son, they kept that secret, what wonderful parents they were. The meeting in the motel was very stilted in the confession. The sister finding out her sister-in-law may be cheating and going to her brother was a real act of love towards her brother, I find no fault there. One has to question the sanity of the wife, dating all those fellows around him, getting raped and never acting on it, meeting with Ralph and giving no expectation, living as a domestic with her family, really was she all there? 3* for a way to long story with way to many loose ends.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 8 years ago
Another RAAC

This story is just too longwinded, you could easily cut out too or three pages of whiny angsting, Cale would probably also be a whole lot less annoying.

The protagonist considered himself a wimp, and I have to agree, he basically floundered around spinelessly, crying like an insecure little girl. It is always frustrating to read about a protagonist that seems to have little to no agency, and just let events push him around,

the first thing he determined to do was to never return to the house, it didn't take many days for him to come crawling back. The same with that harebrained scheme of his.

I really dislike the use of rape as a plot device, as well as the cliche where they keep everything hidden, and think lying about essential parts of his life is protecting him, in the beginning he believed he could trust his family, I guess he was proven wrong big-time.

It's a matter of trust.

Not sure why he doesn't talk about it with Daphne, it has been festering in her mind for 14 years, her greatest fear seems to be that it would make him stop loving her, so in the long run it should be a relief for her that he still loved her.

I absolutely detested this story, it just felt like a pointless and prolonged waste of time, and that twist managed to feel both malicious and boring in the same vein, as well as jerking the reader around.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
rambling

I enjoy your stories but you ramble on way too much. Always about details that pertain to nothing in the story. You need to learn how to cut back on stuff not needed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

I hate to be negative, because it was a well thought out story.

But, I agree with some of the others, that this just went on and on and on and on.

I truly believe this could have been a 3 maybe 3 1/2 page story and lost nothing of importance in the cut.

dissmissdissmissalmost 8 years ago
this was a nice surprise

A really good story that didn't follow the usual formula.

Daphne wasn't a cheat ..... surprise.

Cale was the father of all their kids ..... surprise.

Lots of drama, little twists and turns, good background info, romance ..... there was everything in this tale except a navy seal and a surveillance expert !!!

lightlytoastedlightlytoastedalmost 8 years ago
sad

shoot that poor bastard put him out of his misery

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
SEEING IS BELIEVING

but not what you see is always what was seen, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
If your attorney ever speaks to you the way she did him

Find another attorney, who works for a living.

Alfonso435Alfonso435almost 8 years ago
Another great story

Great plot and a good story, I liked it. It could have been long with more twists in it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Well done. Original, and entertaining

Well written, not just arraying words I mean. Very well depicted story and the plot and rythme are very well balanced. Loved it. Sugestion : when you try to portrait a passionate character, try to make hurt and anger dissipate more slowly... Betrayal, even when it is by wrong belief, from someone you trust Entirely is not just hurtful, it is very traumatising, like "personnal world crashing" and afterward slowly climbing a cliff you "almost" fell off to your doom. Example : Insert more moments/sudden episodes of anger and or clouded mood from the hurted at event the weirdest mments(before he learn the thruth). I didn't miss... You did it, but faster I guess for the sake of rythme ?..

You got something from me here, because I prefere the Burn-the-Bitch type (I have really strong Right and Wrong view on life but a lot more humble and forgiveful attitude than in my younger days) and you had me from the middle wishing he'ld give his wife and family a chance.

I gave five star none the less.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
well written and touched my soul

Heart also.

ONE NOTABLE FACTOR DENIES ME SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF. SOME MIGHT SAY WHY QUIBBLE, SOME MAY THINK I AM JUST JOSHING. COULD BE THOUGH THAT DAPHNE IS THE VIRGIN MARY INCARNATE

FACT IS NO FEMALE COULD KEEP A SECRET, ESPECIALLY SUCH A DESTRUCTIVE ONE AS RAPE BY BOYFRIEND'S BROTHER.

I PRAISE YOUR ABILITY TO CREATE A CHARACTER CAPABLE OF ENDURING SUCH PAIN AND MAKING SUCH A HORRIFIC SACRIFICE TO PROTECT HER FAMILY.

I AM JUST STATING UNIVERSAL FACT THAT IF YOU WSNT THE WORLD TO KNOW SOMETHING, ALLNYOU NEED DO IS TELL ONE WOMAN

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Well written but...

The trauma of the rape needed dealt with obviously.

Keeping shit like that secret causes more trouble than it is worth.

Gave it a 4 because they needed to talk about it between themselves and probably a counselor as well.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 8 years ago
Good and bad

The plot has some interesting twists and turns to get to the Chris rape scenario. Some o fit laughable. There is not the slightest attempt to explain how the sister knew the hotel room, why they would have met there in the first place. his brother wa his hero but he never made any effort to find him, ask for his address, his cell phone number etc? Lots of silliness to get to the "big hook" of the rape. The good? Dale is written so well that I actually hate him. He is such a miserable excuse for a man. Anyone that can pull honest emotion out of me concerning a character has done a pretty good writing job. Nice work.

266xxyz266xxyzover 7 years ago
That was pretty good

And a lot of effort and creativity. I do like your work. Thank you.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 7 years ago
5 STARS! Brillant!

The twist in the end of your stories are classic! Lemons and Sugar stuff. Thank you again for using all my free time at work reading Literotic's web site story site. I am doomed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Too Far-fetched for me.

And as sister "Hillary" said on page 3, he really was a big pussy. As for the brother in prison, and the ATF agent getting the clap and wanting wife Daphne to take the blame for giving it to him, all that is just way farther out than my imagination is able to stretch. I give it 2 stars for effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Unsure

Daphne seemed to be willing to throw away the marriage and family in order to not discuss the issue. I'm not sure if someone so head over heels in love would do that. I mean if she doesn't tell the the whole thing blows up but if she does tell then it only may blow up.

Also I just don't understand why she went after him. Maybe he really is a great guy and just downplays his role in their life? It just seems that he does next to nothing.

EzrollinEzrollinabout 7 years ago
another good story

Forget the negative comments, I could pick any story apart if I wanted to... if they could write a better story they would.

TonyKiwiTonyKiwiabout 7 years ago
another

well written story about stupid people doing stupid things. TK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good Story

Long.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
2* A Strange Tale of Vomit, Crying, and Non-Reality

The husband cries and vomits more than all the women and girls in the Western U.S.

Carbohi seems to be a Type B passive based on his wimpy, obtuse husband characters. Author uses the same plot lines generally...a rut? This story is bad as the husband's personality and actions do not match his line of work. I know people in that field and they are definitely Type A's. There's more but whatever. 2 for effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1*

Sign of the Fags.

andyinozandyinozalmost 7 years ago
Very touching

A little too long to convey the message.

Seemed to go over 'old ground' too many times.

Quite emotive in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1 in 5

One in five women get raped apparently.

This tends to get swept under the carpet a lot for some obscure reason or another.

I felt here the truth would have been much better out, obviouly for her benefit at the begining and especially for her benefit at the end.

And he owed his wife apologies for both the crime his brother committed and for underestimating her.

She was badly wronged more than once.

Still it is a good yarn well done.

There are a couple of other stories you have here that need finnishing.

Be nice to see them done to.

They don't have to be perfect as they are good yarns so far with frustrating non endings.

Cheers and thanks for your efforts.

payenbrantpayenbrantalmost 7 years ago
I am sorry...

But it doesn't add up.

It also doesn't explain the self assured expression on Ralphs face upon leaving the hotel room.

Too many details do not mesh.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
THIS STORY IS FANTASTIC!

He's no wimp! He is like the rest of us males who love our wives unconditionally!

I've said before I'll say again " With the population of the world chances are that this really happened ?" Thats a bit of useless information!

So Yeah Thanks for sharing this Fantastic story with us!

Love you all! GREG.

OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE.

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funalmost 7 years ago
Decent story

But, the uncommunicative guy has been done before.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 6 years ago
Amazing story. ✔

Read a lot of this author stories, but this is the best one by far. Truly an enjoyable read. ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

SigintSigintover 6 years ago
Synchrowhat?

171 comments. Without wading through all of those I have to ask: how did Hillary find out? The lawyer said Cale had nothing going for him to make his case that Daphne was cheating. And I'm reading this thinking, an officer of the court got the goods on an ATF agent and a cheating wife. However Hillary got there was never brought up. And that's such a gaping hole of a mcguffin. Suspension of disbelief and all. So much interesting writing. Great writing. Weird writing (where the brown stuff...????). But the spikes that hold the train tracks in the ground? Yeah, those got left out. So the train goes around the bend, and derails.

But it's a really great bullet train.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I am in the middle of the story

and I'm beggin gyou to cut the poor guy cock and let him be the cockless wimp he longs to be. OMG this one has to be the worst wimp in your gallery.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1*

another cocksucking WIMP posting DUMB cuck SHIT.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
This was a terrible story plot!

First off the story is too long at ten pages. You keep reiterating the same point to monotony. Why would Ralf pay for a hotel room to talk to Daphne? Why wouldn't they just meet at the mall in the food court or at a quiet time in a bar when there are fewer people around? This idea of dating all of Chris's friends to get close to him is crap. It makes her look like a one date slut to the observers. When first confronted with divorce, most women would have told their husband the truth about the rape. Over all this is a really crappy read for a story and a waste of the readers time!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Aw Shucks, An Insider Tradin' Cowboy Story

This shit was so irritating. Why do things have to be oversold in such a ridiculous way? And the husband is such a spineless arsehole, very unlikable. What is the point of such drivel?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

A couple or three comments. The author talked about “extraneous bullshit” in this story and boy was he right. This story should have been edited down to 7 or 8 pages. I’m no author but I know “rambling” when I see it. And boy did I see it. Secondly, this story is a perfect example of the shitstorm “family secrets” can stir up when they come to light. I’ve seen families destroyed by lesser secrets than this one had. Oh, one more thing. This main character doesn’t need a wife, he’s just a giant pussy walking around on two feet. What a freaking loser.

boatbummboatbummabout 6 years ago
The Truth About Chris And Daphne

Should have been revealed by the parents at the first sign of trouble in the marriage -- but then we wouldn't have our evening's worth of entertainment, would we? ;-)

For a while there I feared that the 'twist' was going to be that the mysterious Chris was the sperm donor for one or more of the kids! Being in the slam since forever took care of that one....

Others have raised the issues with Hillary's character (what did she 'know' and when did she 'know' it) and Daphne's reluctance to reveal the truth about Ralph (and Chris), even though she is en route to losing everything she holds dear, but mentioning them one more time seems appropriate.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Minutia ad nauseum

Cale is a pussy, a girly man. "It takes a big man to cry." And it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. What a waste of time and electrons.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Tale is really a terrible waste of reading time.

10 pages of a wimp tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
sad stat

Recently heard that 90 per cent of rapes are unreported and usually the rapist is family member or friend.

Sadly, tragic actually that our society and justice system seem to re-rape the victim.

True, many false accusations of rape have been made and those allegations have destroyed lives and families.

Almost all rapists repeat that crime knowing the chance of being reported is negligible and probability of being convicted is almost nil!

enderlocke77enderlocke77almost 6 years ago
holy shit

good god man that was bad wtf was that omg that was bad oooo fuck me that was just bad lol and dude come on al- is the all in always u dont not need to put all before always god that was annoying u have a bad thing with sayings that leads me to believe that english isnt ur first language god that was so bad and it was ten pages my damn OCD made me finish it, it was 10 pages too long lol

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
endercucke77 had a debilitating aneurysm

That comment was epic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A masterful insight in male pride and stupidity

Cale starts off as a petulant child who runs away and hides rather than try to find the truth, allows pride to overrule love and isn't man enough to forgive her until he discoveries there's nothing to forgive. He may be a kind and decent person but he's also weak and prevaricating and far below the calibre of man that Daphne deserves.

Carvohi presents us with another insight into macho posturing in the American heartlands and a dysfunctional world in which the women have more balls than the men. More of a modern fairy tale than a slice of realism that will resonate with anyone who believes that love is more powerful than pride.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
ho,,, hum

Can't even call it good. Not your best work. 10 pages was way too long. I skipped over most of the first 5 pages, just a bunch of useless, unnecessary words. Then the ending was totally wrong. No man, even NOT in his right mind, would ask his friends wife to lie like Ralph did. No woman would take a chance on losing her family, like Daphne did to keep her rapist a secret. Cale keeping the secret was just completely wrong on too many levels really to count. Just all around, a really bad piece of work. No stars here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
covfefe nails ot again.

5 stars.

oneoldmanoneoldmanalmost 6 years ago
Again

I just finished reading "Signs" for the second time. It just amazes me how a really good story can get better with time.

Please, just keep doing that VooDoo that you do so well. Thanks for a great read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Why would you .....

agree to meet in a hotel room to discuss it? Starbucks would have done just as well! But I guess then no story .........

ranec1ranec1almost 6 years ago
,Mean As!!

Chur bro awesome story

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 5 years ago

A whole lot of contrived drama, felt like I wasted my time. This story could easily have been cut down to 3-4 pages without losing anything important, and would be a better one for it

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
heart-tugs

I have no idea why anyone would find a reason to criticize this story, This author is one of the best at writing something with some real emotion behind it. I suppose that someone who was really looking to find grounds for carping might say that the plot was a bit manipulative, but I thought it was done very unobtrusively by a very skilled writer. I don't care very much about the contrivances an author uses to get his characters where he wants them; I judge a story (at least one of this length) almost entirely by how appropriately the characters, as developed by the author, react to the circumstances. Does that reaction make sense in terms of the traits developed by the author? By that criterion, this author has done well, telling a very entertaining story. Nice job.

notme

notmenopenotme@mail.com

johnadpjohnadpover 5 years ago
Awesome Story... Little Issue For Me

Daphne is beautifully laid out and is a dream wife/mother. Her suicide attempt doesn't add up. The Daphne portrayed could never attempt to kill herself, hurting her family like that, especially where one of her kids could find her.

Now if the argument is that she was so mentally messed up with the rape issue coming up again, then he needs to get her in to counseling. She also needs to know that he knows and it's no way something he would hold against her. It seems she has lived with that fear of being found out and she needs to have that allayed.

Other than that a beautifully laid out story. A real man takes care of his family, especially his children. In these other LW stories where the cheated upon goes nutso on revenge when he has children that would obviously be devastated by it are the wimps and losers. A real man is a leader and watches out for the welfare of his children and puts that above his pain and ego.

etchiboyetchiboyover 5 years ago
I originally gave this 4-stars. I don’t know why.

That was probably about a year ago.

This is my second go through. Shit. Was I stupid? Was I on drugs? Was I high on caffeine? Crippes, this is a masterpiece (IMHO).

Wish I could change the score to 6-stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Ginormous plot hole

Why was Hillary asking about infidelity before the Holiday Inn, think Daphne was a round heeled slut, and how did she know Daphne and Ralph were there?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
To much forgiving these days ! Burn the bitch! Then the enemy!

Betrayal is unforgivable! There needs to be a new section on Literotica, BTB!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
Really a good story!

Lots of pain and tension, then twists and turns to the end. That was very creative. Thanks for the trip!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Happy Yarn

Thoroughly enjoyed this read. Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

I don’t think I’ve ever read about a character as pathetic, as unlikable, as disgusting as this “Cale” character was. Like the lawyer said, he didn’t have a clue. About ANYTHING!! He may be an intelligent guy but he didn’t have enough common sense to pour piss out of a boot. And his parents were just as despicable as he was, lying for years about the fact that “brother Chris” was a criminal piece of shit, in prison. As it turned out, for life. The story was at least eight pages too long, and at least seven of those pages were filled with Cale pissing and moaning, whining, feeling sorry for himself and crying in his Pepsi. Like I said, pathetic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
What A Story

Couldn't get past the interview with the lawyer! What a pathetic male, no wonder his wife cheated. No more Carvohi, thank you!!! 1*.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
WOW

The older bro a rapist coward, the kid brother a sensitive pussy, a sister that has bigger balls in the fsmily.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
This is a great story...

...I usually stick to the two or three page stories. Couldn't really find any that tripped my trigger, so I checked one of my favorite writers, and decided what the heck, I'll try this ten page story. Glad I did. Great story, great writing. Thanx!

Loklie

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Hero's dialogue...

...absolutely reeks of Holden Caulfield of C I T R by JDS. An enjoyable tale showcasing the greatest wife and mother who puts even the quintessential '50's TV wives to shame. I liked it. A lot. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
liked it but...

I would tell her I know about Chris and tell her that I am pissed that she would not have gone to cops as it was RAPE and pissed that she felt I would not marry her.

I also would tell her all she had to do is say Ralph was stupid enough to ask me to help him out of his STD problem. Why make him think she had an affair? Chris and the rape didn't even have to come up.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous