All Comments on 'Silence of Need'

by PassionStJohn

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
absolutly wonderful

i am a real life submissive fairly new to the lifestyle. i am also an interpreter for the Deaf in real life. i just happened to come across this wonderful story. although i am not Deaf myself i read body language and expressions. i loved this story because i was able to understand both side of the slave in it. i also wondered what it would be like to be Deaf and also be in the lifestyle. the only thing that i was disappointed in was that there was not a follow up. i would love to see more of what happens with His struggles to communicate with her. and to see the growth she goes through in her journey into this wonderful lifestyle. thank you so much for this wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved this story and i cant wate to see what hapes nexed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
superb

I really enjoyed this story and I hope you continue with Rachel's story. The idea of a deaf sub is very intriguing - I'm eager to see where you will go with it.

FredricaForeverFredricaForeverabout 19 years ago
CHEERS!

I'm a sub and an Interpreter for the deaf as well, and i was blown away with this story. Well done!

Scorpio44Scorpio44about 19 years ago
Oh, the dilemma

How fast to go? How to accomidate her deafness? So many new questions. I love the challenge opened in this story.

Please, may we have some more?

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
I am Deaf

I am deaf (by cancer) and though I am not as deeply involved in this Lifestlye as I would like to be , I do enjoy the stories.

I was very pleased to have come across this story because it is a question I often ask myself.Would someone who can hear-"be with" someone who couldn't?

I know that since I have lost my hearing (at 38) I feel less attractive but this story really touches on what is a personal dilema for some, like me.

Please write more as I am vey curious to what happens.

MINKXMINKXover 15 years ago
Wonderful story!

I'm a typical katt, curious about everything and always asking why is that, or what does this mean, constantly skittering off to try and find information about something new. I have to admit I know almost nothing about what it would be like to be deaf, but I think I understand, at least a little more. This was an exquisite story, just amazing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Really Enjoyed This

This story was very maturely written. It was intelligent, but not overly descriptive or boring.

I would just like to point out that I noticed three instances where the narration slipped into first person with the word "me" instead of "her" or "him." Easy mistake, but I notice that sort of thing and figured it might never have come to your attention.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Danke for Incorporating Deaf Culture!

This was wunderbar - though I do believe that though he has acknowledged her as 'Master' there was an astonishing lack of 'safety' for her part, considering she could not voice when gagged. :(

Thank you for addressing deaf culture - it needs to be addressed more in popular culture and this story made my day.

TsGirlTsGirlover 14 years ago
Great!

Please write more of this story.

thekindthornthekindthornover 13 years ago
Enlightening and well-written

This was really nice and interesting! I've never encountered mention of anyone with disabilities in BDSM literature, even non-fiction. It's a very intereting topic, and your story was quite enlightening. Your writing was also very nice, sophisticated almost. No cliche, vulgar sex terms, and very appealing characters. Keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

A very good read ...Please finish the story

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
-I dont know what to put for the title so imma put a smiley in here :D

who ever you are, your the writer of my dreams, I never thought someone could think as crazy as I do, but low and behold here you are. At first when I read your stories I'm like omg the guy is so mean and rough oh nooo, but after a while you understand why they are the way they are, and what their true intentions were in the beginning, now to me this is all a bit new since well ehh I am a... *cough cough* virgin *cough cough* but.... These stories help give a perspective on what real men think? haha idk... but anyways, keep up the great work :D (and sorry for such a big comment)

DryhillDryhillover 12 years ago
MORE PLEASE!

Does Rachel come back for more? If so what does Master do next?

Please, please do write more about these two, and what happens to Rachel's friend is she sub or Dom?

pheobecharmedpheobecharmedabout 11 years ago
.

Would love more of this story very intriguing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Had high hopes, but ...

While I am not Deaf nor an interpreter, I have taken many classes including sign, cultural and interpreting studies because one of my oldest and dearest friends is deaf (going on 35 years). Two things reeeeeeally pissed me off about your story.

1...He took away her chance at using her safe word by gagging her. This is my top 3 of rules never to break, and it should be for every sub. Really? I don't care if he was trying to make her realize he wouldn't hurt her. I hope for other sub's sake that read this crap and don't take your story to heart. If he were a true dom he would not have done that, regardless if she allowed to be gagged. Subs still have rights and should nevvver be prevented from using a safe word. In long term, committed relationships a slave has no rights, maybe, depending upon their contract, but your example is a travesty to the bdsm culture.

2...She had every right to question him doing anal! Again, fucking really?! Their first time and he crossed the line? I don't care how much she might have liked it.

Your story is a poor, sorry example of bdsm, and a slap in the faces of real doms out there. How fucking dare you!

And you made the deaf woman seem stupid and weak for not kicking him in his balls after he violated her...and yes, your shit story did just that! Again, and even worse...how fucking dare you.

Think twice before you write bull shit like this about a culture (deaf) and your unrealistic views on bdsm.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

This was a good short story, but I hated how he took her ability to stop what he was doing. He gagged her. Her only way of communicating the safe word. That was not okay. Especially in an initial session where they don't know each other's bodies, plus he pushed her boundaries with something she previously stated that she was not comfortable with. As soon as he gagged her I grew uncomfortable and did not like the story anymore.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Gotta agree with the previous anon

D/s relationships are all about trust and consent. The sub needs to be able to trust the Dom but only if the Dom proves to be trustworthy. It is the sub who actually holds the most power.

No matter what reason he came up with to explain himself, it was plain unacceptable. To use a ballgag that renders a safeword useless when no substitute hand signal was established was a big no-no for me, especially when used on a deaf person.

And then to go ahead with something they agreed not to go through with prior to the session without her consent is just plain wrong--even if she did end up enjoying it. Why? Because there's still the remote chance that she might not have enjoyed it and that could've been dangerous. It could lead to trauma. The fact that he pretty much swept that possibility under the rug without so much as checking to make sure she was okay with it is deplorable.

At the end of the day, people need to realize that BDSM is a kink and fantasy enactment, NOT an excuse for real, actual rape.

Other than that, the premise was good and the story was titillating until that point. She was likeable and the story did exude a mindful quietness befitting her character as a deaf person.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
You got Dom/Sub wrong

It's an interesting conceit having a deaf Sub, but you've got the Dom / Sub relationship wrong.

Any Dom who willfully ignores a sub's limits, especially those expressly communicated prior to play, is a shitty dom / person. Especially if they use a Sub's naivete regarding D/S and their inability to effectively communicate against the sub.

That's assault & bad dime-store romance novel writing, NOT D/S play.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Agree with previous comment

I was super into this story until the Dom broke the trust of the relationship by doing something she explicitly said she didn't want. Furthermore, he did it after he ensured that she could not use her verbal safety word and had not established a nonverbal safety word.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
:) Intriguing

I would love for you to finish this story! I hated the no safe way for her to say stop...but they both need to learn, yes? DOM's can be wrong and apologize and earn trust. She also did agree for him to have the final decision so the anal for me wasn't as bad. I do not live this lifestyle. Whenever I read one of these books I always think to myself-how do these guys know what's best for the sub and get to make these decisions etc...because not every DOM is mentored to be the better man and play safe. So when I read a story where the DOM fucks up and then apologizes and then actually learns from it I love that story even more. It makes me as the reader feel safer. Make sense? You need to finish this story-please?!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This is a very sexy and hot story. I enjoyed it. I hope you write another chapter.

NightStarDreamsNightStarDreamsover 2 years ago

I really hope you continue this one. Very much enjoyed reading. I agree with several others comments but I also have never been in one of these relationships so I do not have much I can say. We also do not know if she has expressed interest in any way for it in their 6 months of communication but to me it did seem slightly hinted at. I was surprised he would gag her without any other way mentioned to be able to stop which slightly worried me. Thankfully he didn’t take advantage and turn out to be bad. Still this seemed well done and I think the author did a good job.

m1km1n30m1km1n308 months ago

I loved not only the concept of a Dom choosing to work with a deaf sub/slave, but also the fact that you showed that even an experienced Dom can make mistakes (e.g., not giving her a nonverbal safety signal, and covering his mouth and turning away while speaking so she couldn’t read his lips properly.)

Since she did agree to him having final say over what was done I have absolutely no issue with him anally penetrating her with his finger and a plug. I would have been upset if he’d used his penis though as that would have been an enormous leap to take without discussing it with her. I found the length of the punishment (10 lashes with a switch) surprising though since it made sense that she would ask him about the penetration. To teach her that he was still in charge even as he pushed her limits, a few hard spanks was more in line since she was so new to the life.

The poster (anonymous, of course) who went ballistic about you doing a bad job of portraying BDSM was out of line. If the sub was upset enough about the anal touching and his answer when questioned, she could have safeworded then and been done. Nothing else the Dom did was beyond the pale.

The careful pacing of the story, the sensuality and even being privy to his private thoughts and concerns were all so well done. You did a great job with this. Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous