All Comments on 'Silent Shout'

by city_bird

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Wow...

I don't really know what to say... This was just so good...

elfin_odalisqueelfin_odalisqueover 14 years ago
Something special

Could criticize minor editing glitches but that would be so petty. This is powerful, emotional stuff beautifully described. Thank you for sharing. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Speechless

You keep leaving me speechless! Short, sweet, and packing a punch of love. Keep it up please : )

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Happy ending in my head.

In my head, I had to continue the story to a time in the not-too-distant future when Oliver tells Davey about the night he found Davey in the alley. He will mention looking at the black box with gold leafing. He will say that he was waiting for the right time. And Davey will hear it and know that it's true. He will realize that he does deserve Oliver's love. And then he will speak.

I couldn't give you less than 5 stars just because the story didn't end quite as "happily ever after" as I hoped. Good stuff!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
All I can say is wow!

Short, sweet...no, bittersweet. Amazing emotion packed into a short story. Leaves you wondering if Davey will ever heal from his trauma even with Oliver's love. I'd love a sequel that happens a few years later but it may impact the original's power. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. You're writing is good.

iguanacoosbayiguanacoosbayover 14 years ago
Heartbreaker

This story made me cry, and cry, and remember the kind of betrayal that Davey went through. But it also made my heart sing with hope......

Thank you for a truly beautiful tale

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Amazing!!!

You just broke my heart in the very best way. That was one of the best stories I have ever read. The emotion was gut wrenching. Thank you for giving somebody like Davey a voice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Fantastic!!!

Whoa!!!!!!!!!! You always have your special way with words and your plots are always amazinggggggggg!!! I simply can't wait for the next story of yours!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
wow

an amazing story i hope you write a sequel where davey talks to oliver about what he went through

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
More?

I hope you are planning on writing more in this story. I enjoyed it but it doesn't feel finished.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
great

great story, but its not finished...will there be more chapters?

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Absolute mindfuck

It's beautiful the way it is, even if it feels unfinished. Happy endings are well and all, but overrated

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

It seems there should've been a part 2 for this story as Oliver learns what the teacher did to Davey and how he feels, and Davey learns that Oliver never had any intentions of leaving him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
agreed

needs more. there's no resolution to this story, but there could be. it definitely needs to give some hope for the couple as well as hope for davey's recovery.

canndcanndalmost 9 years ago

This was sad to me. I wish he would have gotten his voice back in the end when Oliver made it they could live together. You left it with this dark thing eating Davey up inside. It was a terrible thing to end with. I wish you'd followed up or gotten him to reveal his feelings somehow. it was a sad ending for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
i want davey to feel good about himself

so that he can feel deserving of love rather than feeling like its pity. Davey has a lot of work within himself to work on

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
This feels unfinished

It's all about Davey's painful journey, which isn't done by a long shot. His family should've gotten him help. He needs to speak. I'm not saying that being mute is wrong necessarily, just that psychologically damaged people don't need to live in the filth the world has made of their lives. It's unhealthy for them because it festers. Silence is the perfect breeding ground for emotional gangrene. There's power in words. The feeling of freedom from the hideous weight of secrets cannot be overstated. Making your assailant, writing your story, screaming your pain to the world. You're taking back what they stole. They had no right to it in the first place, and they don't deserve your help in covering their disgusting crimes. Treat teacher especially needs to be exposed because he's gone on to do it again. They always do.

As for his feelings of relief and twisted sense of gratitude, people feel similar things when they are the sole survivor of a devastating event, such as one soldier coming back while the rest of his group perished. You feel grateful to be alive, thankful that it wasn't you that died, and you hate yourself because you feel that way. It's twisted thinking. He needs counseling, just like any of us would.

I truly hope you choose to continue this story to show Davey's journey through recovery.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Aww....

Very sad. Would like to see more.

FiveWolvesFiveWolvesover 6 years ago
Heart wrenching

I think this is the most heartbreaking story I've ever read on Literotica.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous