Silver and Gold Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As the plane leveled off and the sound of the engines quieted, Silver took a few shuddering breaths and began to shift back into his own seat. Feldspar pulled him back, refusing to let him go. Silver stiffened for a moment and then relaxed. Feldspar spread the thin airline blanket over Silver's shoulders and put a pillow on his shoulder for Silver to lean on. Silver sighed and relaxed against Feldspar.

"Sorry to put you through that," he mumbled quietly.

Feldspar frowned at him. "Put me through what?"

"This. All this -- the car, the airport. Dragging you halfway around the world in a tin can hurtling through space. I feel like such a dick for making you go through all this for me."

Feldspar kissed his head, smiling. "Silver, you're not making me do anything. I insisted on coming with you. I want to be here, even if I am useless to you and don't know anything about this realm. Anything that you go through, I want to go through with you."

Silver gave him a watery smile and just shook his head as if he couldn't quite believe Feldspar. "I'm really glad you're here, even though it sucks."

Feldspar's eyes pricked with emotion and he kissed the top of Silver's head again. "Sil, sweetheart, everything around us might suck. The circumstances of this trip definitely suck. But never question that I want to be here with you. Because we have -- that could never suck. Now get some rest. You've been on point all day."

Feldspar felt Silver release a shuddering breath and took up rubbing circles on Silver's back again. He felt Silver's silent tears soaking into the neck of his shirt and squeezed him closer. Before long he had drifted off. Feldspar's heart swelled with relief that Silver was finally able to let go. He sleep surprisingly deeply, not even stirring when the flight attendants came around for drink orders, nor when dinner came.

Feldspar had begun to drop off into sleep against Silver when the plane suddenly shuddered and dropped. He jerked upright, every well-trained muscle ready to fight. The craft was shaking so violently it was certain to drop out of the sky. He looked around wildly for some means of escape. He needed to get Silver to safety. For one of the first times in his long life, he cursed the limits of his magic. If he had Mal's power he could teleport Silver to safety, nosediving aircraft be damned.

Silver shifted in his tense arms and sat up, blinking blearily at Feldspar as the plane shook. He yawned and rolled his neck, grimacing at a twinge from sleeping for so long sitting up. Feldspar stared at him in confusion. Silver seemed utterly unconcerned with the plane's erratic movements. Feldspar glanced around for a second time, this time realizing that none of the other passengers were panicking.

Silver saw the look on his face and patted his knee. "Just turbulence," he mumbled as he leaned back against Feldspar's shoulder. Feldspar blinked, dumbfounded that the danger he felt was apparently not worth more than two words. He wrapped an arm around his lover again and rested his cheek against Silver's head. His heart was galloping like herd of wild horses. He drew in a deep breath, willing his heart to slow as he dissected Silver's scent. He hadn't cooked since he'd gotten the news about Brody, but he still smelled faintly of rosemary and spices. Slowly Feldspar's body relaxed.

He had no idea what would face them when the plane landed, but he knew one thing: they would get through it, together.

******

Thank you so much for reading and rating! It makes my day to hear from readers.

12