Silver Arrow Ch. 23-24

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
coaster2
coaster2
2,603 Followers

"One of our clients was Harlan Cummings. Our firm was doing his audits and year-end statements. I got to see him a number of times and he always stopped to say hello and ask how I was. One day, when I guess I was pretty frustrated, I must have said something that gave him the idea I wasn't very happy there. That night, he called me at home. He wanted to talk to me about an opportunity.

"We met the next night and he explained what he needed. I had a degree in business administration and decent working knowledge of bookkeeping. What he had in mind was what most businesses would call a personal assistant to the president. Talk about pumping me up. I really wanted that job, and I guess Harlan could see that. He decided to hire me and that's when it started. He keeps telling me it's the smartest thing he ever did, and I keep telling him it was the luckiest day of my life."

I was shaking my head as I listened, seeing the happiness in Rose's eyes. She loved her job, loved working for Harlan and Margaret, and really felt she was contributing to the Cummings Ranches' success. I also knew that was just how Harlan saw it.

"Your parents must have been very happy for you too," I suggested.

"Yes ... very happy and proud. I really felt good about that. I just wish Dad was still around to see how it has all turned out. I know you'd really have liked him, Doug."

"I'm sure I would have. I certainly like your mother."

"Well, I know she likes you too," she said as she rolled over on top of me.

To Be Concluded

coaster2
coaster2
2,603 Followers