All Comments on 'Silver Light, Golden Shadows Ch. 01'

by Wynston_Fairchilde

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A Good Start...

Looking forward to the rest of the story!

SlofredSlofredover 3 years ago

nice beginning. I am looking forward to how this one develops.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Please continue!

A great story. 5/5

Looking forward to reading more!

FormerReaderFormerReaderover 3 years ago
Ripoff but still fun

This sounds much like Harry Dresden, MC of the "Dresden Files". Still a fun read though.

Wynston_FairchildeWynston_Fairchildeover 3 years agoAuthor
Influences, Identity, and Updates to Come.

As noted above, The Dresden Files is definitely an influence for this piece, as are many other works that I have read. I fully accept that there is a great deal of similarity to the Dresden novels. I will be continuing to work towards Silver Light, Golden Shadows having it’s own identity, including changes and refinements to this chapter.

At this point in time, however, my goal is to gauge the interest in a story of this nature (no point work on it if no one is interested in reading it) and I have to say, I’m quite pleased to see some people seem to be enjoying it.

Please, feel free to give me your feedback, as they are essential to my continued development as a writer, and to the continued development of SL,GS.

W. Fairchilde

Wynston_FairchildeWynston_Fairchildeover 3 years agoAuthor
Disclaimer

Having read @FormerReader ‘s comment, and having spent the last few hours considering my own response, I have taken a look at the position of the author of the Dresden Files, Jim Butcher’s policy on fan fiction. While I do not intend for this to be a fan fiction, I will post the requisite Disclaimer on all subsequent chapters until such a time that I feel confident that SL,GS stands upon its own merits.

The Dresden Files is copyright Jim Butcher. This story is licensed under the Creative Commons as derivative, noncommercial fiction.

Find Jim’s full policy on Fan Fiction here:

https://www.jim-butcher.com/posts/2010/new-fanfiction-policy

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous