All Comments on 'Silver Lining Playbook'

by Frankenstein1962

Sort by:
  • 66 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Haley makes a strong case for best female character of 2023. 5 stars. Would have loved a paragraph about how life turned out for Lauren. Where did she run off to, after her schemes failed.

KinPAKinPAover 1 year ago

Perfection in words…outstanding!

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 1 year ago

Lovely story, with excellent tension, great banter, and a slow, delicious coming together before they finally really knew each other (personally and in the biblical sense). The part I liked best was when Haley told Morgan off about taking Lauren's side during her over-the-top antics; I'd wondered about the hold Lauren had over her, if it was something more than friendship, or if there was a tension between the sisters that I wasn't seeing but I hadn't really considered not standing up for Tyler when he was Alex's best friend and they all seemed so close together. That was great that Haley stood up to her and for him, and seemed as if it might have opened a new closeness between the sisters with Lauren being out of the picture. Hopefully. Great job, 5*.

dwoelfledwoelfleover 1 year ago

Really good journey story. Always love your complex characters. Thank you.

francemanfrancemanover 1 year ago

Impressive. 5⭐

I do not know what to say.

I absolutely loved Haley's character: crazy, angry, rude, charming, sad, vulnerable, shy...

A real success.

Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

"I live in Minneapolis." - me too, love the local setting. Thanks, 5/5 in any case. Wonderfully written romance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Amazing, two broken souls making a whole

StrappySandalsStrappySandalsover 1 year ago

Frankenstien1962 never disappoints!!! A most excellent read. Characters, tension, Drama, and good sex, wrapped around a baseball game!!! Nobody does it better than Frankenstien. And I also want to compliment on one of the best "Eating Pussy" episodes this forum has ever seen. I could almost taste Haley as Tyler was going down on her!!! Sweet!!

crystal_fancrystal_fanover 1 year ago

Loved your story. Thanks so much! I always like it when characters are human, with flaws.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

This was very well written. High quality, interesting good ending for the protagonist (mostly)

I absolutely HATED Morgan - the author is self aware enough that he literally listed the same reasons that were in my head, for pages, on the last scene. Except, I can't possibly believe how either Haley or MC can forgive the disloyal bitch. For fucks sake she was inconsiderate enough to ask the fucking whore to be her maid of "honour". 9 out of 10, she'll cheat on Alex, if she hasn't already. Oh, and TWO of her best friends are amoral hoes (lauren and liz), telling.

Also, I'm REALLY not a fan of Haley as shown. The way she attacks MC, easily borders on emotional abuse at times. And no "I'm crazy" isn't enough of an excuse. Either you're literally mentally ill, then get on the pills and therapy, or you can't use that as an excuse. I'm not even mentioning that she literally told him that he's not just second choice, just "the only" choice since she thinks nobody but him will be attracted to her - which is NOT the case with why he fell for her.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 1 year ago

That's a really well done story. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Epic! 5 stars

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Interesting characters!

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Poignant and gentle, a well told story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Morgan was another bitch who should have told him about Lauren....guess she didn't want to fuck up with Alex

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A 2023 story with the MC Tyler yet another weak wimpy woman crazy cunt!!! His losing it when dumped by the slut Lauren was pathetic!! Grow some balls Tyler

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

After all that Lauren did including screwing her sister's husband, it's shocking that the rich bitch Morgan has her as the maid of honor!! Peas in a pod.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great Story! Thanks!

DSolomonDDSolomonDover 1 year ago

Can't hit the 5th star fast enough or hard enough. All of the characters sang their songs well. I would love to hear more about the two couples and the alley cat.

Thankyou

TelleophoneTelleophoneover 1 year ago

Possibly the best story ever written on this site. Incredible.

mac1729mac1729over 1 year ago

A really well written and wonderful story

Thank you for writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

An excellent short romance. Thank you for treating us with your stories. They are always worth reading.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Well come on! We ride all this way and you drop us off at the bus stop? Post a couple more pages and tie this wonderful story into a nice bow. 5*

linnearlinnearover 1 year ago

Fantastic storytelling and extremely well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Way too many inconsistencies with the characters. Morgan is a selfish bitch who sides with her friend over her own sister and Alex's best friend. As to Alex, he can't be as loyal to Tyler and then overlook Morgan knowing what Lauren is doing to him. Those two situations can't exist in the same space. If he was that loyal, he'd have dumped Morgan. Story just didn't work on too many levels.

Volunteer_Volunteer_over 1 year ago

This was a fantastic story that I couldn't get enough of. I rarely want a follow up of a story that works so well on its own but this is an exception. I'd really have loved to see what Haley and Tyler's life looked like in that house. Perhaps we'll get a sequel... I can dream.

Excellent work!

sferguson53sferguson53over 1 year ago

What a wonderful story! I fell in love with the characters. A wise young woman once told me, “We’re all crazy. You just have to pick the crazy you like!”

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

A different kind of romance story, irritant to interesting Haley was forced into his sights and he finally saw something that became love. It takes awhile to really know someone. He

finally saw the silver lining inside the dark cloud that was Haley. Excellent story, sex scene not needed or at least shorten it a bit. 5 stars

EmotionalEmotionalover 1 year ago

Really freaking excellent!

About time you posted a new romance!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Was very excited when I saw you posted a new story. 3 pages in and I feel like I'll be punishing myself if I read any further....

Haley is just TOO much, JFC. It was one exhausting experience reading about her.

You don't interact with such people, you tell them to fuck off and maintain a 20 meters distance from them.

Anyway, have read almost all of your works and love most of them. So thanks for that, but this one isn't for me.

The_Sheppards_CorrectionThe_Sheppards_Correctionover 1 year ago

Well done! Excellent intrigue and premise! I've read all of your romance-themed stories and enjoyed all. I prefer the longer page length chapters, like Silver Lining Playbook. I hope you entertain sequels. Finn

Member968Member968over 1 year ago

One of the best stories I’ve read on lit. Very well done with amazing character development. Easy 5*.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 1 year ago

Well done, good story with people that were interesting to observe. The humour was contagious and the villains easy to loath! Damaged main characters are so much more believable and likeable. Haley and your MC were people that would seem to be fun to get to know.

6King6Kingover 1 year ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

TechumsahTechumsahover 1 year ago

Great story would of like to understand Morgans perspective more. IN the begging I did not believe she had no idea then the sister called her on it. Just wonder why you would but your husbands best friend through that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Gave this 5 stars despite some misgivings, because far weaker stories have been bumped up recently (not by me) unfairly. Last point first, after 9 long pages, you give the main characters only a few passages to be truly together in love. I would have liked to read about an upcoming wedding. What's with all the biting when Haley finally gets what she wants and needs? I think more tenderness would be more appropriate at that point. I agree with others who commented that Morgan was a bad big sister and made poor choices in friends. I didn't like her from the start, I just had a feeling.

JusteenKJusteenKover 1 year ago

One of your very best, thank you.

TheBard1982TheBard1982over 1 year ago

Great story. One of your best yet. Looking forward to the next one.

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 1 year ago

Did not get past page 2.

What horrible characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The only likable people in this story are the two male main characters. None of the women show good values or judgment.

gbamin9gbamin9about 1 year ago

You are a great writer and I want to thank you for this story. You had great characters and a fine story arch. You gave me two hours of escapism, Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Not your best, but fun anyway.

ender2k2kender2k2kabout 1 year ago

The most unbelievable part is Lauren sleeps with Haley’s husband two separate times to destroy her marriage and none of her family has a problem with her being the maid of honor. Sorry, not buying it.

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

Brilliantly crafted, I loved it all, character’s, descriptions, plot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Why was Lauren invited to the wedding? I don't get it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very VERY nice story, Frank. Definitely a maximum score. And thanks for sharing.

tentaclesforalltentaclesforallabout 1 year ago

I never noticed the first time I've read this story, but apparently Tyler never did get fired from his job after he got his shit back together...

It's odd the little things you notice when you come back to a story you love...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I think it was very well-written. Snappy dialogue, believable characters, and nicely plotted. This was a romance, but there was direct and subtle humor (the butthole thing made me laugh).

Perhaps my only concern is that I couldn’t really understand Morgan or Lauren’s motivations. Of course, we know Tyler’s: he’s hurt and felt like it was a lie. Haley: hurt and acts crazy because her sister and her sister’s best friend gaslight her. Alex: good dude, concerned about his friend (for good reason), loves his wife.

As this is a 1st person POV, it makes sense to have incomplete knowledge so maybe Tyler just never knows it. I know I wouldn’t be pleased if my best friend’s then-fiancée knew that I was getting screwed and lied to me.

greenbeardlkgreenbeardlkabout 1 year ago

5 star and favorited.

PurplefizzPurplefizzabout 1 year ago

A really great story, the best stories have (1) a combination of bright, believable characters the reader invests in, (2) a driving plot that’s well paced, and (3) witty, entertaining dialogue that assists the previous two parts to shine. This story has it all in spades, I was laughing out loud at some of the repartee, but it was easy to see the broken emotional state of Haley and Tyler forming into something better for them both.

Thoroughly enjoyable, many thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz. 5⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Morgan is another bitch like Lauren!!

Zaccheaus93Zaccheaus9311 months ago

I love the story but I'm just curious Alex said "did Lauren tell you?" When they were talking about him getting his oil changed and he couldn't look Tyler in the eye when at the wedding he said that he was loyal. So my question is, did Alex and Lauren hook up behind Tyler and Morgan's back? because it's heavily implied multiple times .

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I mean, it’s alright, a lot of the characters are idiots and the story just kinda ends just like that once Haley and Tyler get together.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Morgan is a low-life, scummy bitch. What a shitty person, sister and friend.

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNo7 months ago

I was wondering how Morgan could ever have had Lauren for her bridesmaid, but tried to overlook it until Haley finally opened up on her with everything she knew and when, yet said nothing to Tyler about it. And neither did Alex, his best friend who would supposedly always have his back but didn't. Not at any time prior, nor there when Haley finally unloaded on her sister in front of both men! If he hadn't known before, he surely knew then what his bride was a party to! And why had he apparently never said one word about his betrothed's choice of bridesmaid who had done such a two timing number on the man he supposedly loved like a brother? Don't do a sequel. I don't want to know anything more about any of them, much less what's in their future.

Starwolf1961Starwolf19617 months ago

What Purplefizz said is right on the nose. KUDOS + 5

AspernEsslingAspernEssling7 months ago

"I hugged your grandma too, and you don't see us hooking up, do you?" That's a great line.

This story has so many good elements, and so many good characters, but Morgan is a problem. It was only a minor irritant at first, but I wondered why she would invite Lauren to be her maid of honor if Tyler was going to be the best man. And Alex was okay with that? Then there was Lauren cheating with Haley's husband: did Morgan not know? Did she not know that Lauren was cheating on Tyler? Unfortunately, these little plot details became a gaping hole by the end. She did know. Morgan repeatedly chose Lauren over her own sister, and over her fiance's best (damaged) friend. The resolution at the end was too little, too late. What she did was unforgivable. A continued relationship between the four of them makes no sense.

Magic_CapMagic_Cap4 months ago

Well, I tend to have an opinion somewhere between @Purplefiz and @AspernEssling : Even if the story has the weaknesses pointed out by @AspernEssling, the plot is nevertheless coherent and excellently told.

In addition, the various characters are perfectly (yes !) worked out in all their (human) strengths and weaknesses and described very sensitively. It's easy to empathize with the characters and their respective feelings, and the descriptions are - unlike in "Speed Dating", for example! - are absolutely credible without exception - chapeau!

This is actually one of @Frankenstein1962's strengths, for which I appreciate him and his work so much.

That's why I'm giving this story 5/5 stars despite the limitations mentioned! 👍

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great story except for Morgan’s actions or lack there of. Morgan’s lack of doing anything after how her sister was treated isn’t compatible with how she’s presented everywhere else in the story. Just doesn’t flow. Bottom line is that we see why Morgan and Lauren were such good friends. Two peas out of the same pod. I feel sorry for her husband. LM

rbloch66rbloch663 months ago

I enjoyed reading this very much. Your stories have been a pleasure to read.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Morgan was a selfish bitch who couldn't stand up for her sister.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Absolutely loved the story. Your ability to bring the characters to life is a true gift. The roman e between crazy and psycho was fun and erotic. Some complain about Morgan and her loyalties, I would say you had her controlled by the mystery that was Lauren.

Thank you for sharing your talent.

DP

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I love Haley, she's a pink diamond that has many rough edges, but hides the biggest reward. I'm meh on Tyler, the first chapter doesn't paint him good. I'm bigger meh on Alex cause he's a simp that ignores how his bitch of a wife treats his friend and her sister. And I'm fuck-that-bitch on Morgan and Lauren, they are the same.

I originally started reading the story with chapter 2 and finished it, then read chapter one and realized that Tyler was some emo pussy simp. Moved in with that blond bitch AFTER FIRST DATE (wtf?! is he an idiot?), she leaves him after a couple of weeks (big surprise lmao) and that gives him a complete meltdown, OD, therapy and PTSD???! DAFUQ?! Hell, the way she left him wasn't even that catty, more indifferent (though she made up for that with her later appearances).

Morgan and Lauren can marry each other, since they value the other above everyone else, xcept themselves. Morgan can eat shit and die for how she treats her younger sister and will sooner believe a "friend" than her own blood. Lauren is a twotiming two faced hypocrite who will fuck around, but will not tolerate being the one betrayed.

Also, fuck friends who will fuck in your guestroom on the other side of the wall preventing you, the host, from being able to sleep. Inconsiderate asshole. They have their own home and hotel rooms for that. Not gonna wash cum-stained sheets after other people, not even friends.

Through all the story Haley was the only person about whom my opinion never got worse, even after second and third read. She's lovely and her fake craziness which she used to hide her true feelings was adorable and sometimes entertaining. In the end she turns out she's the most well adjusted and normal of the entire group, lmao.

AnonymousAnonymous16 days ago

Really enjoyed this— definitely some laugh out loud moments. Haley’s transition from batshit crazy to vulnerable to probably going to be ok was well done. Hopefully Morgan will do some reflecting on past choices, but Tyler and Haley are going to be ok anyway.

(Does the author follow soccer? I did a double take when I read Alex and Morgan!)

CallmetrayCallmetray15 days ago

Would love a sequel. Meet the parents, Tyler and Hailey’s wedding.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFrankenstein1962@Frankenstein1962
Just submitted the last of my romance stories I have been clinging to. The next few won't be in that category. I have one "Erotic Couplings", cued up, but everything else is still an earworm. Hopefully I can find the words to collaborate with my thoughts. Cheers in 2024. Rema...