All Comments on 'Silverfish Ch. 01'

by WifeWatchman

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
tranzmanytranzmanyalmost 9 years ago
Nice one!

Thanks WW for this chapter. I think I have a trace on the events tied to the extra money in the banks. I'm not sure I want to share it. The water is getting mighty hot for the mole, or silverfish, in the department. I wonder if she(?) will finally get hers. A fine chapter indeed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Whatever

Not very interesting

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
No need to "tune in"

There has been nothing original or clever in this mess. Certainly nothing erotic. Unlikeable characters make this not worth reading. Who cares what happens next? It's just not entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Yes...it just doesn't click

Obviously not intended as a stroke story, but wouldn't work as that anyway.

Dialogue needs some work; it sounds like the characters are reading lines.

The plot seems to meander along with explanations of complex organizational interrelationships and references to obscure things that don't really have any sort of meaning. I'm glad the bulletproof car stopped on the side of the road at the county line to check in as SRI (or something) before the team proceeded to the next town, and I'm glad that x was there per an arrangement with the state or whatever. But it sounds like an accountant or bureaucrat wrote this.

I guess the obscure references are to things in some earlier stories, but I'm not inspired to go back and catch up. And this is billed as chapter 1 of a new story, not chapter 87 of something. That shouldn't be necessary.

Patton_McGroinPatton_McGroinalmost 9 years ago
Enjoying the story

WW, Those that follow you know that Chapter 1 is the start of a new story within a longer series of stories and they do all build upon each other. I am liking this story and series so please keep going. My guess to the connection is that all the banks used the same armored truck delivery service and someone is either working inside that company or a computer hack has enabled major cash transfers to be seen.

LeFrog08LeFrog08almost 9 years ago
In answer to WW, I'm not sure...

It's obvious that Wargrave is involved up to his neck, but meanwhile, what's happening with Crowbar's nefarious SISTER?

And...the multiple heists money was meant to finance something, but what?

Here's a wild and silly guess: A presidential campaign for Wargave?

I'm still enjoying this series....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
More

I am enjoying reading this series as it is not just a stroke story. Though for those that read past the first page there was sex involving the power players in the Oldeeds Organizations struggle for power.

My guess is it probably has to do with the protests at the Chemical company. The protests raised the question of whether the chemical company would stay in business or be closed down by those protests. This means to get extra security and to keep employees coming in to work, there had to be sufficient cash on hand to get the personnel and equipment needed o get through that particular crisis.

One would not necessarily need to have inside information to know large reserves of money were coming in to a local business' bank. They could find out who worked in the accounting department and see if any of them went to one of the banks on company business or just check the mail of the company they would be casing months in advance via the postal service.

The other option is the link (the real Moriarity) is somehow involved with J.P. Goldman bank, which sounds like a cross between J.P. Morgan & Goldman Sachs.

My guess is the real Moriarity was less involved with J.P. Goldman, than had an interest in causing harm come to the Chemical Company and possibly other businesses in the 28 locations where the cash was stolen.

Now Wargrave is involved with Silverfish, but is not Silverfish himself. My guess is that Silverfish is a male, who is arrogant enough that he wants to play around with Crowbar, and is involved with either the Oldeeds Organization or one of the corrupt business leaders in Town & Country, possibly one of the University's boosters. Wargrave is too much a thinker and respects Iron Crowbar too much to poke that bear without needing to, because Crowbar does not play by anyone's rules; making him a dangerous foe to tangle with.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Ignore the critics

This is a wonderful series. Just like sex is better with variety, so it is with stories. This authors series is a tangy pickle slice. Delicious, nutritious, and intellectually refreshing. Maybe you don't like mystery stories. Who cares? If you don't like this author, don't read it. There is nothing that forces you to read it.

Personally I have a limit of what I find to be sexy, and immediately drop a story that crosses my lines. But my lines are tame to some. So I understand you may have different tastes. But do you have to take a dump in my breakfast cereal?

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

Not a scooby at this stage. Interesting who Brownlee met, was it Elzabeth or Karen or even the mole inside the police? When will Rita take action over her "staff" working for others or is it of no concern to her?

WhitewaterbumWhitewaterbum11 months ago

I think that the original bank heists were to fund local “ white supremacy “ groups across the country, This latest heist is a distraction setup to occupy Don’s time and his detectives. So that “ The Gang of Four” can pull off some mission.

chytownchytown8 months ago

*****This is some of best mystery chapters I have read in this series so far. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWifeWatchman@WifeWatchman
In an exercise of pure censorship, Literotica published all 5 chapters of my story "Climate Injustice" and then removed them, saying the readers of their explicit sex site(!) want safe spaces from politics(!!) I have published "Climate Injustice" on my Patreon site where the ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES