Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 01 Ch. 20

Story Info
Dragon Wars Enhanced Edition 2021.
7.4k words
4.77
5.3k
10

Part 20 of the 50 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 07/19/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Silvertree Chronicles Book One, Chapter 20, The World Awaits (Dragon Wars Enhanced Edition)

Synopsis: The life of Eldar Silvertree from graduation at the prestigious Elven Academy and desire to leave it behind; only to return full circle to shake Elven Society to the core.

***Inspired by multiple fantasy environments. Not endorsed by any of them. © EmotionalStorm April 2021. This story cannot be transferred to any other site besides Literotica.com without the prior authorizations in writing from the author and EmotionalStorm must be credited for this work.

Authors warning: This section contains scenes of incest between sisters.

Authors Note: For those who have not read my bio, please note I write as a form of therapy for a Traumatic Brain Injury. I know the English majors will probably encounter issues that annoy them. If these are your focus, instead of the story itself, then this is not the story for you. I am not and will never be a professional writer.

I do it to tell the story, for those who wish to read them. I originally submitted this story back in mid-2017 to mid-2018. I have worked to try and improve my writing style while struggling with this issue. I have added some editing software and written a few other stories. Now I am revising and editing this earlier work to try and bring it up to a higher standard from what I have managed to learn over the last few years.

Chapter 20 Enlightening the Academy

They mounted up and found a place for the mid-day meal and attracted quite a bit of attention. They stopped at a place that Guard New Moon recommended. The food was quite good and the conversation was non-existent. Eldar thought everyone was a bit nervous. The guards got them there early.

He found the stage crew, "I would like an archery target facing this way centered but near that tree I want a stump with a two-foot-long one foot round uncut fireplace log on top of it; set an ax next to it. I want two stakes marking 100 feet and 200 feet from the target. The crowds need to be kept 40 feet from the stage.

There will be 2 horses on that end of the stage off to the side, nobody should mess with them. We will have horse traffic, a couple of demonstrations, and a few people brought forward."

He found Keyno, "Follow me." He took her down and they grabbed horses. they stopped them over near the end of the stage. "T'suras Vita" He put the reigns of her horse through the stirrup of his. "When I tell you to go you can take those stairs to get to your horse. Ride around the tree; when we get back on stage you will see the markers in the ground. I brought mine over so you had something to tie yours to."

He smiled at her and she nodded with a weak smile. Eldar looked at her, "You can do this. Just another target just put a really big giant in the center of the bulls-eye."

She giggled and he felt her tension break. He went back up on the stage and found Tiger, "I got another log. Just to make it interesting and if you are up for it. I will have them send up the top 2 fighters for some hand-to-hand non-lethal combat. You think you can handle that?"

He nodded, "3 would be more impressive but 2 will work."

Eldar smiled at him, "After they see 2, they will be glad I did not put 4 through it."

Tiger smiled back at Eldar. Eldar looked at the group, "I will start the talk. As I go along, I will call you guys forward 1-2 at a time for different things. When I get to what we encountered at the village I will call Fireball forward and will ask them to bring forward the top Blade Singer and top Battle Mage to discuss Academy strategy in that situation it would have been reversed.

I want to pull that belt I asked Master Trainer to bring to make a point. We will pick up with the discussion to finish that battle. I will introduce Keyno and she will do her thing. I will have a few arcane archers sitting up front because I want their thoughts on what they see. Then I will bring up Tiger and have him do a 2-on-1 display of non-leather hand-to-hand.

Then a log is there, I had them put an ax next to it as a prop. I want to show how it could easily be lethal. I will be jumping around on the order of events. Then I will jump to the visions; not all the details just what we each got. That leaves the final piece on Keyno informing me about the sword. That will have all of the introductions down and this is where we go to the wedding night.

I will have introduced Charlemagne and Annette by the first name only up to this point. I want to have a discussion on Moon Blades during the wedding; with Gatrius discussing why they are so important and the history of Moon Blades. Now we just have to wait for the others."

Everyone just milled around until the others started to arrive. The first that arrived was Master Trainer Yetto. They exchange bows. He looked at him, "I give you your ring back today?"

Master Trainer Yetto smiled, "Yes we will start with that, you will get your apology and you can explain how this came to be when you talk. After you are done the Queen would like to have a few words for those in attendance."

Eldar looked at him, "Did you bring the belt?"

He sighed, "I brought it minus the rings. Why did you want it?"

Eldar grimaced, "I want to prove a point to those who are graduating that some tactics do not work best in the field. The tactics I used against that Ogre Magi are not what the Academy trains. They could have been on that belt."

He nodded, "I understand now."

Eldar walked back over to his team, "Keyno when you are done with your demo take your horse to the others, the Queen will be speaking after us."

He walked over to the ladies, "They will give me my ring first, issue their apology, and turn the floor over to me to start things off."

They now waited for the crowd. About 30 minutes later the field was full of students, staff, and guests. The Grand Masters had set up in the center, The Gray Blades, were on the right side as the audience faced the stage, and the clerics to the left side, including what he was guessing were the 6 clerics he asked to have. They waited on the Queen. A few minutes later she was escorted in by 4 Royal Guards.

There were more around the outer edges of the stage and in the crowd. They came from behind the stage. Eldar bowed to her as he saw her. She smiled and stood over with the Grand Clerics and their escorts.

The Grand Master called Eldar forward and Eldar removed his gloves as they did. Grand Master Yetto removed his ring and put it on and the Master training band was completed. He smiled at him as he took Eldar's hand and slid on his Grand Masters ring and he had them put the double crescent on it. With his title and full name etched into it.

As he finished, one of the other Grand Masters spoke, "There were elements within the Grand Masters Blade Singer Council that quietly suspended a rule in our bylaw. It was little known to the wider community as it dealt with the bylaws governing when a Master can become a Grand Master. Normal rules apply that Grand Masters be administered an evaluation every 20 years to prove their skills.

Any Master who won 2 or more tournaments would have 5 years off for each win and no assessment of skill was required as it would have already been proven through the tournaments. As such Eldar Silvertree should have graduated not as a Master but as the first Grand Master straight out of the Academy.

Part of this assembly is to correct this miscarriage of authority. To recognize Grand Master Eldar Silvertree as the finest example in Blade Singer training. I turn the floor over to Grand Master Eldar Silvertree."

Elder bowed to the Grand Master, "Thank you for correcting this issue."

He turned to the crowds and received an ovation. He walked up to the edge of the stage and waited for it to die down.

"I would like to take a moment to invite a few people to the first row. Fleius Goldenear, an instructor of mine. Chalius'Vesa Goldeagle the current highest ranked Apprentice Blade Singer. I would also like the highest-ranked Battle Mage, the two highest-ranked Arcane Archers, and the 2 top-ranked warriors from the martial school. Lastly, Apprentice Blade Singer Silvertree, my brother.

I am going to go over some of the highlights of my departure and return to the city. Behind me is Charlemagne. She was the leader of the caravan who took me on as a passenger. I knew almost immediately that this was no ordinary caravan. The Royal Guards who dressed like City Guards was something I picked up on because of their swords.

Within 3 days I knew the areas of specialization for each member of the team, they were a mix with only a couple of areas of overlap. People who had known each other for a while. No in-fighting, no arguing over who did what menial job, each person had a place, and a strong trust in each other.

Every single one of them is on this stage today. I take us out to our third day because that was the first night we saw combat together. It was not a group of bandits, but a 400-pound grizzly charging on Charlemagne and my position during a night watch. Remember I was just along for the ride. I stood watch in case they were looking to add me to the crew.

I pulled out a sword my father had given me that he called a 'Hell's Blade' which as the name implies is a flaming sword. Many here have seen me with it. I now had the bears full attention attacking from the front while Charlemagne attacked from behind. I did this for a very specific reason. While hunting the best kill shot is from the side.

I had two archers and 6 Royal Guards with some form of a bow. The two rangers in our group are Balkus 'Hunter' Dogwood and Sharia 'Eagle-eye' Moonbow, now she is Stormcloud as she has since married. I became bait for this bear, a chew toy when it broke my right arm in its jaw. As many know my sword was in my left hand, arrows hit the bear from the side the bear took me to the ground and I shoved my sword into and through it.

That was a group kill but because I took the attacks from the bear, I was the only one injured, scratches on my face, a broken arm that was closer to crushed; and a 400-pound grizzle dead on top of me breaking my ribs as it fell. The reason I survived; is from our healer Sharlo 'Doc' Stormcloud and putting my trust in them after 3 days. You now know who Eagle-eye married.

Charlemagne made sure I was taken care of. The wagons did not roll the next day as they skinned and cooked the bear. For my trouble, I got a bearskin blanket with some sewn-up holes, and this." He pulled out his necklace showing the holy symbol and bear claws.

"The pendant found in the cave with a double crescent moon; the bear claw strung into the cord by Hunter. This person was the one who gave me a refresher on hunting during the trip. This was not the last time we saw combat but I want to jump to that last combat for a moment.

We saw riders being chased by a giant. I was riding in a wagon. I jumped on my horse and grabbed our battle Mage Malium'cora 'Fireball' Silver Sword; step up beside me for a moment." Eldar waited for him to step up. "Our Archers engaged the giant, confusing it for getting shot at by multiple angles, distances, and from horseback. That is the last I saw of the giant portion of the fight.

A young human named Tiger came over to let us know the town we were heading into was under attack. I went ahead with just Fireball at my side and this is the point where I want to do a little demonstration. Could our Blade Singer and the Battlemage step up into the middle? Stand side by side. Now here is the scene before you.

You have a force of 24 orcs with 2 ogre lieutenants the fight is off to your left. Then 1 Ogre Magi on the hill on the right. Let us start with the Battle Mage. How would you divide which side you would take on and which one your Blade Singer would take on?"

The Battle Mage spoke up, "I would take on the group." He pointed to the crowd Eldar identified. "Use an area of effect to clean out the trash while the Blade Singer took on the Ogre Magi."

Eldar nodded, "Blade Singer Goldeagle is his logic sound? Is that the way you would divide it if you called the shots?"

He nodded his head. Eldar signaled Master Trainer Yetto. "Master Trainer Yetto could you please bring me the belt."

He places the belt in his hand, "On this belt, that was taken from the Ogre Magi's body, were rings of 8 Grand Masters and 17 Masters who thought the same way. This brought to 30 the number of rings I found on enemies on this one trip.

In this case, I had the Battle Mage take on the Ogre Magi because he can do something better than I can, counterspells as it bought us time and limited damage. I cast area of effect spells to thin out the herd of orcs. I killed one of the lieutenants outright and badly wounded the other.

One of our scouts came riding in and did a flying leap onto one of the orcs with a pair of daggers while I spared with the ogre for a few more seconds and he came up and stuck both daggers into the ogre's kidneys.

That man is Darnus 'Skinner' Dogwood. Three other orcs were taken down by the archers, Hunter, Eagle-eye, and Keyno the human archer who was leading the giant away from the other group. The Ogre Magi decided this was the time to retreat; he did not get far.

The other half of our deadly duo of scouts jumped off a horse and landed a short sword and dagger into the back of the Ogre Magi and rode him to the ground that would be his wife Vellia 'Cook' Dogwood. You can take your seats for a moment.

This brings us full circle to the two humans I found. I would like our arcane archers to stand for a moment. I want to introduce you to Keyno, our human archer. Keyno was shooting from horseback. Keyno would you mount up, please. Now Keyno is going to take two shots' one from 100 feet and the second at 200 feet as marked out by the markers. Whenever you're ready Keyno."

She rode out and at about 80 feet she flipped down. She drew back and released at the 100-foot line. Not dead center a little to the left yet still in the bullseye. "Now 200-feet."

She rode out a second time. She got to about 170 feet. She flipped and fired well after the 200-foot line and put it into the center of the target and righted herself in the saddle once again before the arrow even landed.

He looked down at the Arcane Archers, "Have you ever heard or seen anyone shooting from a horse, on purpose in such a manner?"

They look up at Eldar and in unison, "No."

He nodded, "Generally speaking are arcane archers typically that good on horseback firing behind them?" They laughed while shaking their heads. "Keyno's nickname is 'trick shot.'

She comes from the other side of the world with no elves in her area. Master Trainer Yetto would you come forward for a moment. Keyno please return your horse. Keyno was deemed an elf friend and worthy of a master-crafted longbow styled after her current bow.

That will be under construction made out of silver wood from a Silvertree. It was not for doing 2 shots like you just saw. It was the third arrow while we cannot demonstrate here that earned her that. They activated 2 moving logs one from each direction with targets on them. I gave her one of those near-impossible tasks.

I asked her not to hit the targets but shoot through both ropes on those moving targets as they crossed paths. A few started to laugh when she missed the trees completely. They were not laughing when she destroyed the archery range by having those 2 logs fall on them.

Keyno please stand with my Master for a moment. Tiger, it is your turn. Tiger is Keyno's brother. He is an expert in hand-to-hand combat with no weapons, so could our two fighters step forward. This is an exhibition of non-lethal combat but we do have clerics here if needed. Would you two warriors please show our human friend your methods for unarmed combat and he will show you his methods."

The two decided to rush him and he swept their legs out, punched one in the face knocking him cold, and jumped to his feet as the other warrior turned back toward him. Tiger showed the warrior a spinning kick to the side of the head and put him out cold. "When we have a need to subdue a target you can see who I choose. Could one of the clerics make sure those 2 are awake and alright before we continue?"

They woke the two up and cast some minor healing spells. "Warriors now, I know you are thinking with a sword it would be a different matter. Let me assure you, or better yet have Tiger show you with that piece of firewood provided by a stagehand."

Tiger walked up and split the log with the side of his hand. "He does that every single time and I have had him chop a lot of wood. Please stand next to your sister. Tiger's nickname is 'Ass-kicker.' You can see why." A few giggled in the crowd. "Now the reason I have these 3 standing up here is because of their human heritage.

Master Trainer Yetto's ancestors on his human side came from this region. He was instructed in a different style of swordplay. He merged it into his Blade Singer training. I was fortunate to have him train me in this mixed style. There are things we can learn from our human allies that would benefit us in the coming war. Yes, I said COMING WAR.

You can step back now. That is why Keyno and Tiger are a part of my group and on the founding charter. Now is the part where I start talking about visions, I might lose some of you for a second." He got a few laughs. "Annette, Charlemagne, and I all started getting visions before meeting our two friends.

Oh, before going too far, I did ask Fleius Golden Ear to step up here and it was shortly before these visions that I outlined a plan imparted by your treaties class. Yes, people there are good things in those documents if you know where to look."

A few more laughed, "But that discussion became a catalyst for the visions we were having. My vision ended in a flash of light after handing Doc my sword. Having him throw it in a lake. It made little sense until Keyno saw my sword and told me it was not a 'Hell's Blade' but a 'Devil's Blade.'

It could only be purified in holy water by someone who had never killed with the sword. The sword was a beautiful red crystal that turned black as ash when the fire was activated. Back to red crystal after being sheathed. This will become important later. Back on track here.

We were headed to Charlemagne's home and the village I spent the first 37 years of my life was just miles away. Charlemagne and I were on our way to be married. We encountered one snag on the trip. I realized I was in love with Charlemagne and her sister Annette.

Laws being what they are I could only marry one and Charlemagne was pregnant with my twin girls. We went to her village; the reception was warmer there than in my home village. My home village is strictly Wood Elf. That village was strictly Wood Elf married to Wood Elf and my mother broke that mold by falling for my father, a Moon Elf.

They never married making me an impure bastard child but my father claimed me as his son which is why I am Silvertree. Now one sister's vision; had her delivering a message to the elders of one village, and the other sister had the same vision but for the other village. We went to the village to pitch the idea that had been inspired by your class.

We asked about a provision in the treaty that allows for a cross-border mercenary group to help protect the southern border. We got denied by both villages just as you said we would! I asked them to turn over the 200 square miles of the border to our control. I had the ladies deliver their cryptic and eerie messages.

I asked them to give me an answer after the wedding at Silent Falls which is on the border to both villages. I left it like that until the next day. Now I want to jump back to my vision there were a lot of people at the wedding that I did not directly invite. Two whole villages, 2 Grand Masters besides Master Trainer Yetto who was invited.

12