Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 01 Ch. 28

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Normally for outside approval, it requires a 6-vote majority. The one neutral almost always votes for isolation. Only when a seat is open do we find the ability to add to our ranks. That is why the delay was a concern. The thing you will get is communication crystals. You can talk to us directly."

Eldar nodded and looked at Charlemagne, "I think this will work as long as you remember my Blade Singer Code comes first. That becomes a problem then that is your problem, not mine. If I am ranked as a general, they are ranked equivalently?"

The Gold Dragon King smiled, "For their roles, yes, you would be a General level Field Commander, Charlemagne would be a General overseeing training and recruitment, Annette is a unique talent and she would have a pay grade of a general. She would hold no rank and have no assets under her. She will be invaluable in the years to come.

She can get to prisoners that we would have a hard time getting to. Because of treaties or the ability of locals to see us for what we truly are and being exposed. That is why we come to you at night and in very covert ways. Too much magical talent."

Eldar nodded, "That means I could promote two others into commander positions eventually?"

He nodded, "You have someone in mind?"

Eldar nodded, "I do. Captain Goldeagle, I want to make him a commander of the forward base I wish to get built. His movement is restricted by the Elven Queen. He is now a Knight and keeping him overlooking troops and feeding information of performance and good candidates for the Knights could prove useful in the future when it is in place."

He looked at Jarron, "Is the Dwarven King's First son on a deep road mission, or is that bullshit?"

Jarron looked at the lady and she smiled, "You are correct it is bullshit as you would put it. It is just where his body will be found once we have finished questioning him. The King was most agreeable to turning him over after being shown the journals documenting his trips and involvement.

We pulled that information from the second's office. We are trying to work something similar to a certain wizard. He is a dangerous asset to approach. Jarron is working an all-human strike force of arcanes to aid in this, as requested by King Thornlord. They are spread across the world and getting them together takes time as the Knights are few in numbers right now."

Eldar nodded, "You could always do what we did. Use a psionic to bring him down and if he has the magic to block and detect we have a human unarmed combat expert who took down that 7th tier wizard in under 30 seconds."

She nodded and looked at Jarron, "How she was captured is different. We could borrow Tiger and a psionic dragon for the mission potentially. That would require council approval though to bring one in to work the strike. A tough sell."

Eldar nodded, "We might want to wait until his wedding is over."

Jarron looked at him, "Who is he marrying?"

Eldar smiled, "The lady who helped him and his sister escape his homeland. Dame Silver Moon."

Jarron chuckled, "You figured this out?"

Eldar nodded, "I caught that they had a conversation in a human tongue I was not familiar with. When I caught them in bed together that kind of sealed the deal and closed the question. She is expecting twins as well."

Jarron laughed, "Her family is going to disown her."

Eldar smiled, "No they will not. I had a lovely conversation with the Patron of the house in the presence of the Queen. As the Deity to the Grand Cleric of their family requested the changes. We, House Silvertree and House Silver Moon should be setting the example of what is expected to comply with the new laws."

Jarron laughed, "Stuck the patron in a box to protect your Captain."

Eldar smirked, "Covering my ASS'ETS ASS. You know all about that Jarron."

The Lady started giggling as did his wives.

Jarron looked at him, "As you are into self-deprecating humor it would be hard to get you back. I am just happy to be passing your troublesome ASS onto someone else."

Eldar shook his head, "I am only troublesome for you, do you not know that?"

Eldar looked at the gentleman, "I do not mind having a dragon for a sponsor or my wives, but could I get at least a nickname by which to call the 3 of you? It would make using those communication crystals you talk about easier. Besides saying we accept is there anything else we have to go through a ceremony, special pinky rings, or anything like that."

They chuckled and he answered, "No ceremonies or secret rings. As to names, why do you not give us names."

Eldar smiled, "Very well, I have been referring to her as The Lady so Lady Silver Hair." She smiled at Charlemagne. "I have just met you but I can tell you are a Gold Dragon, so I would go with Lord Regal. As to the third, what can you tell me of them?"

Lady Silver Hair looked over at Lord Regal. He smiled, "She is an Amethyst Dragon, very wise, and a member of the council when the council is in session."

Eldar nodded, "Without knowing her I do not know if she can assume a humanoid form or not. I would just go with the human name of Lady Amy Tryst."

That got a chuckle from Lady Silver Hair. "I think she would like that and find it amusing."

Annette smiled at Eldar, "I like it as it is easy to remember."

Eldar nodded, "I think that leaves us getting communication crystals, any special instructions you might have on when we need to use them or how often?"

Lord Regal smiled, "When we have something to say which is not very often or when you have something to report." He walks over places a red crystal in front of Eldar. Lady Silver Hair places a clear pearl with white lines in front of Charlemagne. Then an Amethyst colored crystal in front of Annette.

Eldar looked at Lady Silver Hair, "This does not mean I am happy about our privacy being invaded."

Lady Silver Hair nodded, "I will tell you the only one monitoring you was me."

She knew that was a huge lie but nobody monitored him for long. She wanted time with her mate after that, possibly even the Amethyst Queen even.

Eldar smiled, "Well, you are on the intelligence side of things. It is a good thing I only had one casting the first night or you would have missed one heck of a sex show."

She blushed and Lord Regal cocked an eye at her. She smiled, "I will say that the amulet appears to be working as I expected much to your wives' surprise."

Eldar nodded, "Can we go back to the Palace now? I got a Queen to talk to about setting us up."

She nodded, "You would be safer and more private there."

Eldar nodded, "Especially that last part, safe is a relative term. We will see you tomorrow for the midday meal as before?"

She nodded, "Here are your manacles, I have learned my lesson with anything you carry. Identify not legend lore, some of the stories those manacles are downright inspiring. I will have to try some of them out with my mate."

His ladies turned red-faced as they walked out. Eldar turned to Lady Silver Hair, "They do not even give more than a glimpse into our lives. We have not had them that long and they have been on prisoners a lot."

She smiled, "Your ladies are going to wish there were 4 of them soon."

Eldar laughed, "No, 2 of them are plenty. Jarron, you going to be there for the briefing?"

He nodded, "Your father was off with his sponsor dealing with other diplomatic matters. He will be there as well. He will travel with Lady Silver Hair and Lord Regal. They both want to visit the Queen."

Eldar looked at Lady Silver Hair, "Take us to the Palace please."

She nodded, "I thought you had the spell?"

Eldar nodded, "I do, but I might be forced back to my town sooner. I prefer to save it just in case. I never know when another vision storm might hit."

She laughed and nodded, "Join hands, you will be back by the stables when you come out."

They joined hands and the next minute they were in fact behind the stables and they walked through. He yelled out, "T'suras Fika."

Jarron looks at Eldar as they walk past the stall and saw T'sarus nailing one of his wives. Jarron looks at Eldar, "You even got him fucking on command?"

Eldar nodded, "Now we just need to train you on that task."

The ladies launched in a fit of laughter.

Eldar sighed," Wait, that is not my job anymore. I will have to get Lieutenant Silver Bow up to speed on her tasking before she goes."

Jarron looked at him and started to say something then walked off shaking his head.

Eldar yelled out, "You get a wife I will stop bothering you on the subject."

Jarron chuckled, "That just might be worth it on so many levels."

Eldar nodded, "The greatest of which is getting you laid!"

Jarron sighed, "I do not have time for that."

Eldar laughed at him, "You are telling me that with everything I have going and I still find time to plow my wives at every opportunity! I am taking a whole region and ME off of your plate!"

The ladies laughed.

Jarron nodded, "Alright, you know how to make your case. That treaty thing you did to your sponsor was priceless! I was happy to see you do it to someone else."

Eldar looked at him, "He changed his appearance from the meeting. Good to know I have a Gold Council Member as a sponsor."

Jarron nodded, "Trust me when I say he is taking a special interest in you because of what you have done in such a short period of time."

Eldar smirked, "Nice change of subject. Now I am going to have to find you a self-help book on finding love."

He groaned and headed around the corner.

Eldar looked at the ladies, "I will have to get the Queen to order him to find love."

Jarron yells back, "I heard that."

Eldar smiled, "Would it work? If so, I know 12 Knights who would sign the petition without question and another 12 who would after working for you for a week."

The ladies could not stop laughing.

He stormed ahead, "I am going to find a room. I will see you tomorrow at midday."

Eldar walked into the Palace and he looked at the Guard, "Location of Sir Captain Blaze Goldeagle?"

The Royal Guard pointed, "The Queen's Audience chamber."

They walked down to the audience chamber and knocked on the door, "Enter."

He opened the door. The Queen was sitting there talking with her nephew. They walked into the room, "Your Majesty, you set me up."

As he bowed. She looks at him, "You are the product of your own success."

Eldar looked at Captain Blaze, "So Blaze, I let them know you are my potential candidate for being Commander."

The Queen looked at Eldar, "What?!"

Eldar smiled, "Your Majesty, to ensure your wishes are carried out beyond my demise. Those wishes being a restriction of his movement. I find him to be an excellent candidate as I will have a Commander spot opening. My spot. I will effectively be a Field Marshal over the area and a General in this other circle now.

This means once the new forward fort is completed, I will have to have a commanding officer. I already talked with him about being my adjunct commander. Well, I have confirmed that I will be able to fill it to a commander slot now."

The Queen groaned, "So you took the position."

Eldar nodded, "We all did, Your Majesty. I placed a lot of restrictions on things and ensured them my Blade Singer Code came first. As you approved of the idea and they accepted my conditions. They know my code WILL win every time."

She smiled, "Good, in the next room is the new armor for you and your wives. You may keep the ones you have for your children. You earned them both. The Dragons provided the base armor and I had it modified for your house and coat of arms."

Eldar nodded, "Thank you, Your Majesty."

Eldar looked at Blaze, "I need you to ride to House Silvertree and let the troops know Palace midday-meal for the briefing. As you are the only Knight in town who was not on the mission. At least that I am aware of, I need you to stand guard over the work they have been doing during this meeting tomorrow.

If the Lieutenant questions you being there, tell her you are a Captain, a Knight, and the password is 'lich.' She will believe you with all of that. You can also tell her you are the Queen's nephew if the others do fail. Your Majesty, we will need a room here this evening. Is our usual room open?"

She smiled, "Yes, your usual room is open and I would like to dine with you this evening."

They smiled, "It would be our pleasure, Your Majesty. We look forward to your thoughts on matters."

They walked into the room and found 3 gleaming sets of mithril chainmail but it was much brighter. Eldar cast an identity on the armor and found out that it was high-quality celestial armor. It has a double crescent over a Silvertree. The outer 'shield' of the heraldry was a thin dark grey border while the field was a night sky. The Silvertree has a slight sway to it as if hit by a breeze. He looked at Annette, "Time to start wearing light armor over your clothes as this is too good to hide."

She nodded, "I wore that leather before. This is beautifully crafted armor." He nodded, "These three setups with house seals added are worth more than two million gold pieces. I guess they are interested in keeping us alive."

One set has an additional item. Bands around the wrist indicating the military rank of Field Marshal. He pointed it out to the ladies. He looked and saw the metal tubes with their noble tiles listed. They each reflected them. His paperwork showed him as a Duke and Knight Protector. The wives as Duchesses who were also Dames. He looked at Charlemagne, "The two of you are duchess by marriage and dames in your own right."

Charlemagne looked at Eldar, "The way it should be for the next wives after we are gone."

Eldar sighed, "I understand but I do everything for you and our family."

She smiled, "That is why you are probably the youngest Field Marshal in Elven History. Of course, that applies when troops are operating out of your area."

He shook his head, "The youngest was 80 and the crown prince of the Royal family. Almost 9,000 years ago. Two years later and he was King. During the Dragon Wars. He was the last of his line to wield a Moon Blade until our ceremony. King Goldeagle's Moon Blade was in the King's hand.

He committed the retributive strike destroying that House Blade. He was a Blade Singer. I can find his name from the Academy, but I think I will leave that to Apprentice Goldeagle. Do not ask me how I know this. But I know it is true. Just a Duke now and Commanding General of the Gray Blades. The village Elders are going to love this change."

Charlemagne hugged him, "You might be surprised by the way you are planning on doing things."

He nodded, "I hope they like my approach."

They changed into the new armor.

---

The Lady of Dreams groaned, "He pulled another vision from the 5th Age. The retributive Strike that was done. I did not send it. He pulled it and knows it was a Blade Singer."

Corellon smiled, "Minor issue. Keep monitoring him. Likely caused by pent-up aggression starting to build from that Amulet. The ripples."

She sighed, "Fewer than 100,000 now. Many of them show this relationship with Lord Regal going sour. It is one thing to say he understands his Blade Singer Code comes first. Another to remember it and act upon it appropriately. I see very few issues that would drive him away from you and being a Blade Singer, I think they center around that Amulet. Hard to tell, still too many to narrow down."

Corellon smiled, "I enjoyed him putting that Lord Regal's feet to the fire and catching all of the word traps. Also, his work on the Treaties had the council dumbfounded. Tiamat now knows that a Silvertree is once again a champion. They came close to killing them off before. We cannot let that happen again."

The Lady of Dreams sighed, "That is why these first children are so important. They set the foundation for the Blade."

Corellon nodded, "If something happens then it will lose its power and then be assigned to his brother to start again. It will remain with that House. It would just lose a lot of power if that happened."

The Lady of Dreams sighed, "Provided the Blade is not lost. He goes after a Dragon Champion somewhere and it could be lost to us."

Corellon nodded, "I know. It is a risk, but he has the right skills."

---

Annette finished getting dressed and looked over, "What do you think?"

Eldar smiled, "You look like your sister, you are both gorgeous."

Charlemagne laughed as they did look more like twins now as Anette usually wore her armor under her clothes. The only difference being the weapons. They stored the old armor in the bag of holding Charlemagne carried. He walked to the Queen's Audience Chamber and knocked on the door.

He heard, "Enter." From the other side, so he stepped back in with his wives. Captain Goldeagle was gone and the Queen looked over, "Very nice!"

Eldar bowed at her and she could tell he was stressed about something since the last time she saw him, "You came for another reason, what is on your mind?"

Eldar looked at her, "Not long ago I came to you and offered a Moon Blade to your family. I told you what I knew about how it was destroyed. I do not know the importance of it, but I suddenly know more information about the person. I do not have a name, but your nephew can find it, Your Majesty."

She stood, "Tell me what you know."

Eldar looked at her, "The Blade Wielder at the time was the King, he was the crowned prince and his father passed while in the field. The Dragons told me that the strike was a turning point in the Dragon Wars. I also know he was a Blade Singer. As you know the change in titles goes to the Grand Masters Council to be recorded.

When he became King there would be a record of his name. His students' names, and their students' names if he had any. It would be an interesting thing for the new Blade Wielder to consider researching, Your Majesty."

The Queen looked at Eldar, "Why do you say this? I know you could do this yourself."

Eldar nodded, "Yes, but it is your family history. This is not a prophecy, just a thought. You have a Blade Singer son destined to rule, what if you named him after that long-forgotten King and his sacrifice, Your Majesty?"

She looked at him and nodded, "I will send him a message and see what he can find out. It is more than we had before and for him to fully appreciate his role as a Blade Singer to know the name of his ancestor who upheld that belief with his own life. Thank you for the information I will send a message to my nephew."

Eldar bowed to the Queen, "Thank you for your time, Your Majesty. I will see you for the evening meal then."

The ladies and Eldar left the room. Charlemagne looked at Eldar, "You had to tell her now?"

Eldar shrugged, "It would have bothered me not to share it with her. Almost like you two. Always try to be open and honest. Just very discrete."

Annette laughed, "Yes you are more open about us to everyone."

Eldar shrugged, "I married two loving lustful horny exhibitionists and slutty vixens. I wonder if I can get that added to your knight titles."

Annette's slapped his shoulder and Charlemagne his ass.

He looked at Annette, "We have one night before we'll be separated for a week. I might see Charlemagne during that time. I know we will be off doing a few different things. A week or longer because I will be going to the Dwarven Kingdom."

She nodded, "Be safe when you do."

He smiled at her, "I will have at least two squads with me. You get some of that armor on the wagon, I would love to have them outfitted."

She smiled, "We will be working on that while you are gone."

He held their hands, "Best if we get to our room and prepare for this evening."

The ladies smiled, "We are a bit sore from last night."

Eldar nodded, "It will be the evening meal and bed tonight."