Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 01 Ch. 29

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He walked into the room and there was a lady with her he had not met. Based on her cloak pin he knew which house she was with, House Silversong.

Eldar looked to the Queen, "Your Majesty, could I have the box please?"

She reached into her bag and pulled out the box and looked to the lady, "This is the patron of House Silversong you requested to meet with. This is Eldar Silvertree, Patron of House Silvertree, and the new Duke of the southern border province of the Elven Kingdom. He is also responsible for bringing us from 4 Moon Blades to 10 in the last month."

The lady nodded, "Sounds as you have been busy."

Eldar nodded, "I carry a lot of other titles and descriptions but the most relevant at the moment is the recoverer and activator of Moon Blades. Including the Moon Blade belonging to your House."

She looked with wide eyes as he opened the box with four Moon Blades. One containing an older version of her house symbol on the sheath. She looks at him, "Can I ask how?"

Eldar nodded, "I made a formal request to the Dragon Kingdom for the return of any Elven Moon Blades they might have had from before the end of the Dragon Wars. They were gracious enough to return these treasures to us. They know of my efforts on behalf of Corellon Larethian as his champion to get as many of these blades back into the hands of those willing to use them in defense of the Elven people.

For years they have been thought of as a status symbol, but they are a promise to defend the elven people. War will be coming soon to the southern border. I have a purification ritual that allows the wielder to gain access to all of the abilities on the blade but you must choose a candidate.

This person must be willing to defend the elven people in times of conflict. Your blade is geared toward a bard or battle bard. The other requirement is they are fertile and start a family as soon as feasible with someone they love.

They should be removed from courtly politics and corruption. The blade will still be assigned to your house, the wielder would have to remain in your house. But all future wielders of the blade will come from this blade holder."

She looked, "The other 3?"

He reached in and grabbed one.

He drew the Blade, "These are dead blades, the families no longer exist. They can, through this ritual, become allocated to a new house. The new wielders for these blades having already been decided by the Gods."

She looks at him, "Why purification?"

Eldar looked at her, "Because the blades had a design flaw that over the centuries caused them to become skewed away from their intended purpose, House over the Elven People. This corrects that to the Elven People, all of them, First. A new wielder during their life might gain access to fewer of the sword's abilities than the previous generation.

Even though the blade grew in power as each previous wielder controlled when to release the abilities to the new wielder. This can be traced to the adoption of elven Houses. Putting the best of the House over the best of the Elven people when conflict occurs. They are a promise to ALL of the Elven and Elf-blooded people.

The Gods are helping to correct that when they are activated in this ritual in the right hands. I am looking at activating 2 of these blades in a few weeks. You are invited to submit your candidate to go through the ritual to claim the blade. The same rules apply if the wielder is found unworthy then the sword will kill them.

If they can follow a Blade Singers Code of conduct while being a battle bard that would be your best candidate. Again, they need to be fertile as do their spouses if married. Be of your blood and carry your house name, in case you are looking at a female. The sword will need heirs.

My wife Charlemagne will be working out of House Silvertree for the next couple of weeks while I am traveling. We have an excellent record of performing this ritual. We have 6 blades claimed or activated, with all 10 purified with no deaths.

I will let you think this over and inform my wife of your decision. I will present the blade to the chosen bearer. I will do so when your house makes that decision. If I believe the candidate will die, I will tell you. The Queen can tell you of my prediction powers from her first-hand experiences."

Eldar put the sword back in the box and handed it back to the Queen, "Until my return, Your Majesty."

She smiles and puts the swords away. The house patron was still at loss for words as Eldar turned to the Queen, "Your Majesty, did you need me for anything else?"

She nodded and handed him a gold-covered tube. "This shows you are on an official diplomatic mission and if you are taking my nephew with you it also lets them know a member of the royal family is also with you.

This will ensure they do not try and disarm you or your men. When you decide to go to the Human Kingdom and return to Grand Falls, I will have another one of these. My hope is you will not be taking my nephew that far away."

Eldar smiled, "No, I will have Captain New Moon or Tranosa on that trip, have to divide my time between the Captains, Your Majesty. His involvement in protecting from that last incursion is why he was selected to go first."

She smiled, "That is a smart move!"

Eldar took the hint and smiled. She stood, "I have people waiting. I hope to see you both back in a couple of weeks. When he returns I will send word to House Silversong."

They both bowed to her. He went and opened the door for the Queen. She patted him on the cheek, "Always the gentleman."

She winked at him with that statement and he followed the ladies out.

He turned to Patron Silversong, "This is my wife Duchess Charlemagne Silvertree. My other wife is her twin Sister Duchess Annette Silvertree, who is not here at the moment. They are also both Dames in their own right and have witnessed the ceremony. You have any questions in my absence my wife may know the answers. The chosen bearer is allowed to have one witness of their choosing at the ritual."

She looked at them, "You have 2 wives and they are twins?"

Eldar nodded, "They are both expecting twins as well, you can ask the Queen about it if you like. She watched our wedding ceremony performed by the Lady of Dreams."

Wide-eyed she nodded to Charlemagne, "I will work to send any questions to her in your absence."

Eldar added, "All of the new marriage laws apply. They will want to get started on the heirs as soon as possible. If they have brides or grooms lined up a wedding can be done following the ceremony. We had a few weddings at that location since our wedding. With a few more planned."

She nodded and left them. Eldar knew she was thrown off by his appearance. His having 2 Elf-Blooded wives had been a shock to her senses.

Charlemagne smiled, "Enchanters first and then over to House Silvertree? You had fun showing her our diversity, didn't you?"

Eldar nodded, "Yes to the diversity. That is what is on the plan for today. Followed by a teleport back to our home, gather the Elders from both villages and talking with them. I want to jot down a quick note once we are at House Silvertree."

She looked at Eldar, "What about?"

Eldar smiled, "The question of how the hell did this happen. Going from a caravan guard to a Duke. It will come up again with the Elders and I am getting tired of repeating it so they can simply read what led us to this point. In the non-Knight version."

Charlemagne nodded, "I can understand that."

They got to the stables and he got T'suras saddled and armored up. He mounted up and pulled Charlemagne in behind him. He looked at her, "One other stop. Stable Master for the other 12 mares the wagon trains can pick them up and bring them to town."

Charlemagne laughed, "You are going to build a herd of 2-3 thousand?'

Eldar shrugged, "Now it might need to be 4,000 or more."

They rode across the city to the enchanters' district. She hugged him tightly as they headed into the enchanter's office. The lady smiled as she approached, "How are you today? Back for more cloaks already?"

Eldar nodded, "Four hundred fifty in dark forest green and a hundred fifty of the heraldry sashes. I want the same design but the colors need to change for this set. For the lighter side a medium brown and a black on the other side for the darker side. Also, another 400 of the black Gray Blade cloaks."

She nodded, "They will be hard to see with the colors that close."

Eldar nodded, "That is the idea. Most of the areas these forces will protect will be our Wood Elf forests. I want it to blend into the background. Another 600 soldiers for a personal protection force. I have been ordered to build a Keep.

The area that these men will be covering is almost 3x the size with overlap with the other forces. I was made a Duke yesterday. I want 3 of those to be mid-level enchantment protection cloaks and one of the heraldry sashes.

She looks at Eldar, "The Queen made you a Duke?"

Eldar pulled out the cylinder and she looked at papers, "This also entitles you to the Queen's discount so be sure the other merchants you deal with are aware. When did you want them?"

Eldar looked at Charlemagne, "A week or two would work have them sent to House Silvertree. I am also head of House Silvertree as well. It has been a crazy time."

She nodded, "Sounds like it, Duke Silvertree"

Eldar groaned, "I so hate titles."

She smiled, "What do you prefer?"

Eldar looked at her, "Grand Master Silvertree at least that took me years to earn."

She smiled, "Very well I will remember that for next time."

Eldar nodded, "Next question do you enchant stoves to require no wood. Can you enchant a horse's saddle? I have a masterwork saddle being crafted. I want it to do protection from normal missiles always on for the horse, not me?"

She looked at him, "One second." She ran to the back and brought out 2 enchanters. He looked at them, "The Queen said I could gain access to a Master level Enchanter with apprentices to work some of these issues including a couple of hundred weapons that will be ready soon from Sir Moon Blade.

Some bows are being worked on with a Master Bowsmith in the Wood Elf village of Misora. We can have those shipped up when they are ready. I have both of them on a long-term consignment right now. Then there will likely be some Masterwork leather armor and centaur barding coming at some point."

They looked at Eldar, "How much work are we talking about?"

Eldar looked at them, "Over the next few years, over 1,500 stoves and if the saddle works well, we may have others coming in for enchantment. We are building a town, a Dutchy, and Mercenary company all at the same time."

They looked at them and the owner spoke, "We would have to increase staff to do that but it would be possible to handle all of those items. Do you have a preference in order?"

Eldar smiled, "Weapons first, saddle as soon as it arrives here, and ovens including at least 8 of the big ovens used in inns for working with large groups."

The owner looked at Eldar, "You are the one everyone is talking about, building a new town and seeing Gods?"

Eldar nodded casually, "Those facts are true some things are going around that are not. The Queen has expanded my role on the southern border which is why I will have a 600-person protection force and a 600-person strong mercenary force. Can you handle the work? Give credit to these 2 for taking care of all my previous requests. The job is getting bigger."

The owner looks at him, "You want the stoves to turn off and on?"

Eldar nodded, "Adjustable heat as well. Safer that way but some of those stoves will provide heat to the home on cooler nights. In Wood Elf village homes."

The owner looked over, "I will contact our supplier over at the general store and see what we can get and how soon. When the saddle arrives, we can take care of that. The weapons...how are you handling those?"

Eldar smiled, "Moon Blade has the list of Enchantments being applied to the first set. Bows will come with notes on the enchantment attached. The enchantment on those items has the cost split. My former boss lost a bet to me and has to pay for them, some I will be covering.

Just bill us and we will bill him for what he owes. This is my paperwork showing that I am a Duke and my wives have the same, so the royal discounts apply. They will be dealing with a lot of the day-to-day arrangements, Annette mostly once she returns from her trip next week.

You have my account number on file and the ladies also have account numbers for handling orders. Charlemagne picked up a bag of holding here the other day so you have that one too. Contact House Silvertree when you have details, I am also the patron for the house."

Eldar smiled and they left the store. He got up on T'suras and they headed to the stables.

Charlemagne whispered in his ear, "Why did you want the last word?"

Eldar smirked, "So I did not have to hear my name with a title before walking out."

Charlemagne chuckled, "Never going to get used to that are you?"

Eldar shrugged, "We win the war and I feel like I have earned the title then sure, but I will never let it go to my head. I only try to be an ass to those who are blocking my progress."

She hugged him, "You keep talking like it is uncertain."

Eldar nodded, "I make no assumptions."

They got to the stables and he walked into the stable master's office, "Got time for more horses?" He chuckled, "Sure let us see what your horse picks this time."

Eldar went outside and looked at T'suras, 'Go find us 12 mares worthy of our people. They walked around to the mare section and there were 14 instead of 12. Eldar looked at him, "Alright, we will get you the 14."

He looked at the stable master, "You call me anything other than Eldar or Silvertree and I will gut you." He handed him the tube and he looked it over and handed it back, "Saddles are still not here but I believe you want the bit-less harnesses for these new horses?"

Eldar nodded, "Charlemagne will ensure they all go out with the wagons."

She sighed and looked at T'suras, "You are going to one busy fucker!"

The stable master laughed. They mounted up and headed for House Silvertree. He smiled, "The female offspring will get divided into two groups, and New Moon and Tranosa's Stallions will be put out to stud them. All Males will be put into service. Then my new Mount from Blaze's horse. I will get two or three over the years from that pairing.

Strong stock between those 2. But the first will be put out to stud the next generation. The gene pool will be wider as we bring in a couple of other studs and mares in the years to come from human lands."

She smiled, "Always planning."

Eldar smiled. "I will need a breeder to keep track of them."

They arrived at House Silvertree. He looked for Blaze and found him with the men, "Go with Charlemagne and get them geared up. Pull enough gear to outfit one of your other squads. You will be leading my protection forces to see the Dwarven King."

Eldar looked at Lieutenant Silver Bow, "As Gray Blades come in, get them geared up. Charlemagne will let them know what they can have. She has to pull pieces for my trainers and other officers as well to ensure they are protected. I am taking her with me once you get started. I will be back, I am going to my father's office; he should be back."

Lieutenant Silver Bow nodded, "Both him and Jarron."

He went into the building and walked past the guards and straight into his office. Jarron and his father looked something over.

He walked over to Heliar, "You have a different sponsor?"

He nodded, "You are the first one that I know of who got a Gold interested in being a sponsor. He likes your nickname by the way."

Eldar nodded, "Do they do that with everyone? Have them give them a nickname?"

Jarron nodded, "So two could have the same sponsor but know them by different names. It helps to identify you as much as them."

Heliar handed him a crystal. He nodded, "I am getting one for discussing house business?"

He shook his head, "The Queen asked me to pass this to you earlier today but I forgot at the meeting. This green crystal is to her for diplomatic or war issues."

Eldar nodded, "That will work, for now. I still want one for house business when you get around to it as the 5 families should be coming into the fold. I need to know when the paperwork for the new structure will be finished. The draft for me to review. In case there are any changes I want."

He nodded, "I will have that in a couple of weeks. I will see about getting us a crystal to communicate with. Any particular color?"

Eldar smirked, "Silver of course."

Jarron chuckled and Eldar looked at him, "The lieutenant has been briefed on the harassment of you and your love life, so get laid soon. I even told her if she felt up to it, to take you on herself."

Heliar laughed now at Jarron.

Eldar turned to him, "Same goes for you. I cannot be the only one growing this branch of the family. Maybe find yourself 3 or 4 ladies so you can keep up with me."

Jarron laughed at Heliar as Eldar turned the table.

Eldar looked at them both, "In the order, we are all on the same footing I take it?"

They nodded at him.

Eldar smiled, "So from that perspective, I can easily tell you both to get fucked without any repercussions."

They laughed at him and Heliar looked at Eldar, "I am still your father."

Eldar smiled at him, "So act like it and lead by example."

Heliar sighed, "There is no winning with you."

Eldar shrugged, "I am not trying to win anything, I am trying to make you think of what you are living for. Have some fucking fun for Gods' sake."

They both smiled at Eldar. Jarron looked at him, "We got the message."

Eldar nodded, "The Lieutenant is going to ensure you act on the message. I did not make it an order but did tell her she could look to tackle it personally. I think she will just harass you as you might be a little too old for her."

Heliar started chuckling again.

Eldar smiled at them then turned to leave. Heliar shot back, "I am dating again."

Eldar nodded, "I already told you I knew you were. I just hope this time it is not a one-tit drow. For both your sakes."

He walked out the door before they could respond and found a room to write down the 'clean version of events' for the Elders.

He used a spell to make a copy of it. He left and found Charlemagne back with T'suras. He cast a teleportation circle and it threw T'suras off a bit when they suddenly appeared in front of their home in the little village. He startled a couple of people when they came in. He looked over and saw Fireball.

He smiled, "Tell the Alchemist his equipment is here. Please get all of the training officers and field officers in town together for a meeting in about 2 hours at Silent Falls. I also want the Centaurs present. At least Braxom."

Eldar looked at Charlemagne, "Grab the Elders here, I got an apprentice to pick up and then I am headed to the other village." She nodded.

He rode over to find his apprentice out front doing her archery training. She looked over, "Your back, they told me you came in a hurry and passed back through but I had not heard what happened."

He nodded and reached into the bag. He tossed her one of the magical rings, "I got that from a Grand Master Blade Singer. That is a high-power resistance ring. As you have no magical rings, I thought you could use that."

She smiled, "Thank you, Grand Master."

Eldar nodded, "No matter what you hear today you continue to call me that understand?"

She nodded. He looked over, "Get mounted, up you are riding with me five minutes, so move."

She took off and got her colt saddled and ready to ride and joined him. He nodded at her. They rode over to the other village unchallenged.

123456...8