Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 01 Ch. 31

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Queen looked at Eldar, "Very well, I will work toward getting mandatory testing for all Elves and Elf-blooded children in the Kingdom."

Eldar nodded, "When things are settled with the funerals, I will work it for the southern border villages under my control. I was hoping to be wrong but given what we got from that human...you know the rest, Your Majesty."

She nodded, "Thank you Eldar. This is not an easy task for us all. I will talk to my sister. You can tell your Captain, but leave Apprentice Goldeagle to me to inform."

Eldar nodded, "I am going to collect my wives and head home for the evening meal. There is not much more we can do today and my father's funeral is tomorrow, Your Majesty."

She nodded. "We will be attending. He was my best diplomat and I do miss him."

Eldar turned to leave and paused, "If you are looking for a cover story for her, you can always say she was killed due to an assassin. Leave it at that. The closer to the truth the easier it is to say, Your Majesty."

She nodded to Eldar as he left. They were dealing with so much death he went to find his wives so he could remember why he was living. He got to the room. She was stripped naked and they had all taken turns at her mind and she had pissed herself in the process as they were being invasive in their search. Eldar looked at them, "Learn anything new?"

Annette nodded, "She helped in the torture of Traylar'sune Goldensong. She died just over a month ago when they stopped feeding her. She sat there and laughed while he defiled her body."

Eldar looked at Lady Amy Tryst, "Would you share with her the images of what I did to the man who ordered that assassination." She nodded and gave her that one-minute conversation and the thirty-second battle through Eldar's eyes. She screamed her head off. "If you were a Blade Singer, I would do the same to you. But you are a simple and pathetic mage. You strip her spells and all of the standard stuff?"

Annette looked over, "Yes. Let us walk Lady Silver Hair and Lady Amy Tryst back to the conference room. Guards remember these prisoners are not here and what you have seen has never occurred."

The two of them nodded. They have been in this detail since the assassination attempt. They were not expected to return to duty until they had been put in the ground.

One of them spoke, "We have been told and we are also getting some time off and promotions after we return when this is all done."

Eldar nodded, "Not glamorous work. You are seeing the darker side of our society and what we are forced to do to protect our Kingdom. I am like you. I prefer to have my enemy in front of me and not lurking in the shadows."

They walked to the conference room. "Did the Half-Dragon son give you any information on how in-depth they were working to screw us over?"

She nodded, "The images were very disturbing. We have some new behaviors to monitor for among our own."

Eldar nodded. "The spell?"

She smiled, "The scroll is on your desk at House Silvertree. I had it delivered while you talked with the Queen's sister."

Eldar nodded, "I need to add it to my book tonight before I go to bed."

Lady Silver Hair looked at Eldar with sad eyes, "I will do better to keep you informed. To be more in line with what Jarron promised you when you signed up. Lady Amy Tryst relayed that day to me. When you were dealing with the hidden codes."

Eldar nodded, "To be brought in and see what I see from the information."

She smiled, "Yes, I will talk with Lord Regal when we get back."

Eldar looked at Lady Amy Tryst, "My father said he was always trying to figure me out. You have seen how my mind works from this side. Do you think you have a way to describe how my mind works?"

She looked at Eldar, "Those were some funny conversations you 2 had. I would say you love your wives. You have the respect of those who work with you. Be they in the Blades, city, town, or allies. You follow a very strict code of honor. Open and honest with your wives even when it might hurt.

You are coming to terms with delegating things to others but keeping a pulse on things. You care more for the Elven people. Even those who shunned you your whole life. More than power or wealth. Those are but a means to improve the lives of those around you.

You show that you work to be above those petty issues and the politics of court and communicate will every citizen as equals. Until they piss you off. That vision storm and your chats with the Gods were unbelievable if I had not seen it. The Knights are lucky to have you and your wives.

You have done more for this organization than anyone since the initial reformation. Some dragons fear it. Some who are isolationists on the council will get my thoughts on this matter. One of the reasons I agreed to take on your wife was to get a better understanding of your group.

You unwittingly gave it to me and it almost knocked me on my ass. I can file a report back that will win you more council support. Lord Regal will be impressed, though I know those are not your concerns.

The Elven people first, protection from another Dragon War helps to protect the Elven people. You take care of your wives they are ready to take care of you through this difficult time. You got a good start on dealing with your father's death. You need to take it to its conclusion."

The two ladies stopped and Eldar nodded to them. Then they were gone. He grabbed his wives, "Let us go down and get Annette's horse saddled up, and then we can ride back with you hugging me. Annette can CONNECT and tell us what she has learned."

They got the horses and started heading back to House Silvertree.

Annette, "Let me finish before you all start in. I learned quite a bit. You were correct on telekinesis. Thank the Gods for my sword on that front. Telepathy and mind-reading skills are easier to use. Telepathy has a much longer range. They helped me get that psionic crystal attuned for me. Thank you for that.

It is a true gift as I can store some energy in it on days where I do not use abilities and it is there to boost my power on long days of interrogations and the like. Psychokinetic is where I got the offensive stuff.

I also found out how to do a mind blast ability but it is just that it goes everywhere in the area. Clairvoyance abilities to either see or hear what you are seeing or hearing. I figured out how to do two abilities at once from myself. Like telepathy and seeing through your eyes.

I can see what you see and give you my thoughts or you can tell me to move forward. They think I might be able to tap into premonitions as well but we will have to work on that. She will come for a visit next month thanks to your ring. She does love that.

It frees her up to be able to do things for Lady Silver Hair. That assignment you argued with Jarron over with me. The fact that you protect our children for 2 generations from being conscripts she also found admirable. Expand the pool of talent first then find the right candidates.

Not to shove a square peg into a round hole. She fights that battle with the council at times. You gave them another asset that will not be exposed easily by giving her that ring. Missions that they might have wanted me for they may send her instead. They want her to do trial runs on learning human and elven behavior while in our town."

Eldar, "I am glad they could help you and find some offensive abilities for you. That makes me feel better about taking you into the field. I am glad your trainer is impressed with my position on things. Jarron and others on the Council did not see it. Not until I got you involved with interrogations of prisoners.

Then your power of suggestion abilities against the Half-Dragon. You earned your position in the order. You did not, 'come home with nothing to show for it.' You are like me. You came home with new abilities, expanded upon them to help the Elven people. I am glad that the ring will help her.

There are others like it out there. I have two more in fact but I am not ready to give them up yet. We will have to see what we can find. The thing I am happiest about is having both of you by my side through the next several days."

Charlemagne, "I Agree with Eldar on the new powers. I also agree it is nice to have you home. Our bed will be full. Even if we have 2 homes right now. I say we disconnect and we check out your new power more in-depth on your next mission. When is that?"

Eldar, "The day after the funeral we are headed back to the humans. We have to travel back to the village tonight. We have to get people ready for the day after the funeral. I also need to know which trainers are wanting to go to the funeral. It is not required. I just need to know so we know who is manning the fort. We should leave the horses stabled here for the night. I agree we should disconnect."

They rode the rest of the way in silence. Stabled the horses and he walked into the central garden. While the wifes finished brushing down the horses.

---

Annette looked at Charlemagne and connected to her mind, "I have lots of secrets now about the dragons that I am not allowed to share. Part of my training was with a circle with 2 of them where they spent hours exploring each other's minds. I did not learn of Heliar's death from Lady Silver Hair.

I learned of it from a young idealist Crystal dragon who had heard he had been killed. He was searching for the perfect mind. A way to hold all of the ability of a psion. That was his goal. I did give a name to him, but I knew their true names, as I know the true names of the council of nine.

I called him Sanity. He was seeking it to bring a balance to the mind in the hope of bringing balance to the world. I could not break out of that training until we got to a safe stopping point. Part of the effort was to help reshape my mind, to work through the trauma in my life, and help to isolate it off.

That took longer because I discovered Heliar's death during it and I worried about Eldar, you, and everybody. It slowed my learning until I could get my emotions under control. That was a 2-hour process every day to get my mind focused again, that is why it took so long to get home. He at least had you with him."

Charlemagne responded, "We are all open and honest but sometimes the details would be more harmful. He placed it on Lady Silver Hair and she did not dispute it. Openly. She told me to leave the blame with her, as she did feel responsible for the delay.

I had contacted her a couple of days ago and she confessed that much to me. I did not want to set him off twice. Once was bad enough and he got his point across to her. Because the information of Heliar's death was shared too broadly and too quickly with the dragon community.

He worked as a diplomat even between the different dragon factions at times. Control over that information rested with her and the Knights and it impacted your training. His loss was being felt in several negotiations he was conducting on their behalf.

As to being here for him, he kept so much of it bottled up. He told me would not have sex until his father's spirit was laid to rest. He would sleep with me and hold me. Sometimes cry with me. Sometimes he cried with his brother Elios.

They would grieve together and I helped where I could on occasion. The missing sword bothers me, his theory around it, and why he wanted us together to try and voice it only once. I hope the Gods address that with him at some point.

I am as sex-starved as you are right now. The last time we had sex was before he went to see the dwarves and it was only once, but it was epic. He got a book from Tiger, we could have a lot of fun with that as a guide. I'll show it to you later."

Annette moaned out a low climax as she covered her mouth to keep from screaming and broke her connection. She looked at her sister, "Sorry, I went to that night and felt what you felt. Gods I needed that release. Now I need to change clothes as my armor padding is soaked."

Both of them laughed together. Then nodded to each other after sharing a passionate kiss.

---

The gardener came to see Eldar, "That central section of flowers in the middle had been cleared out as you requested. When did you want to plant? What are you planning to plant?"

Eldar looked at him, "I want a hole three feet deep and four feet wide around in the center.

I want all of the horse dung dropped into the hole for the bottom two feet. I have a pile of dirt to fill in the hole. Ready for tomorrow with grass seed that works well in a shaded area. Be here tomorrow after the funeral and you will see what I am planting. The other areas have been planted?"

He nodded, "Yes all of the surrounding locations you pointed out have had trees planted. At the distances you specified and the tree species you asked for. Two of each, eight species. You realize it will take centuries for those trees to be fully grown and at least eighty years until they start to be considered mature."

Eldar nodded, "I know, but that does not worry me. We are Elves, we have time."

He headed to the courtyard and saw Silver Moon, "Dame Silver Moon how goes the outfitting? Did you bring a full group on your last transport?"

She smiled at him, "Only four in this group. We started with our dwarven recruits as they arrived. Four and a Silversong who arrived."

He nodded, "Get her geared up, she is our first Battle Bard and soon to be Moon Blade wielder."

She nodded "My sword told me she had a blade. These are the ones the Gods talked about?"

Eldar nodded, "Her blade is the last of the existing house blades. The powerful blades. She is a Lieutenant assigned to my detail. I stole her from the Army."

Silver Moon laughed at that comment.

"I want the trainers working with her over the next week until the ceremony when we will activate 3 of the last 4 blades. The last is destined to a wielder not born yet. I want all blade holders to know they are expected to be at the village by midday on the 12th for a walkthrough.

I cannot compel Moonbow, Goldeagle, Moon Blade, and the other house blades we reactivated. The Queen can if needed. Pass that word to them only if they say they cannot make it. This is something to send out 3 days from now to those in the city.

Word needs to get to my Blade holders starting tonight. Hold up on taking your group back until my wives and I join you. Unless you wish to vacate our room in the village for the night."

She smiled, "I will wait for you to be ready!"

Eldar went into the office with his wives and found the scroll. "This will take about an hour. I will leave the Silver crystal here. If you or my people need to contact me while I am away for Silvertree, Blades, or things the 'Duke' has to address." A note of sarcasm on the Duke. "My wives can contact me for any reason of course. We will travel to the village tonight and come back with my security and burial detail tonight."

His wives and Silver Moon all nodded to him. Silvermoon went off to outfit the new Battle Bard in combat-worthy gear. Charlemagne sat and waited on him to finish while Annette went off and changed clothes and replaced her padding. She soaked all of the soiled items in water.

She got one of the house mages to clean it for her and then stored it away. She felt embarrassed by that but did not want to store it wet. Wearing her armor over her clothes had that advantage.

They walked out and Eldar spoke with the Head of his house guard, Guard Captain Silver Wind, "The wing the Gray Blades are currently securing will have my security detail coming in tonight. They take up rooms there when we return.

My quarters will need to be ready again for tonight as my wives and I will be back. We will go through my father's quarters later in the week when I have my brother with me to find his papers. Until that time the magical seals placed on it are to remain."

Captain Silver Wind snapped too and nodded, "Yes, Duke Silvertree!"

Something Eldar had to get used to with house guards. They would all call him Duke. He headed to Silver Moon with his wives and they were teleported back in the village. He saw Skinner. He yelled to him, "Lieutenant Skinner, please find all lieutenants and above to the house for a meeting. I want all Battle Mages, Battle Clerics, and Blade Singer not out on patrol waiting out front for after the meeting.

Take Eagle-eye with you after prying Doc's cock from her nether-hole. Tell Doc I want to see him as soon as he is cleaned up and ready. Silver Moon if you would let my Apprentices know they should be packed, with horses in one hour awaiting further direction?"

She smiled, "I will whip them into action. Do you want to tell me what they are doing?"

Eldar smiled, "Going over reading material in the house. Moon Ray is helping Strong Oak understand a particular book on magical theory."

She stared at him and walked off.

Skinner was on his horse, "You know Eagle-eye and Doc took over the room in the barn now?"

Eldar nodded, "Should give you an idea of how far away I can hear."

Annette laughed, "Glad to see some things have not changed."

Eldar shook his head, "I can control it more now. Focus on the voice I am looking for or leave it open to detect every noise in the area. I needed Doc here and putting Eagle-eye to work is only a bonus. When focused on a voice I can get out to about double that distance or more."

Charlemagne laughed and they walked into the house as Annette shook her head. They saw Tiger coming from the bedroom and he stopped and Eldar raised a hand.

"We are not staying the night so you do not need to move, but I would like for you to find Greentree and tell him to be here in an hour. He can talk with Annette outside, during the MANDATORY officers' meeting. Before she goes back to the city tonight. In case any pressing matters need to be decided or requests made."

Eldar looked at Annette, "You can connect to Charlemagne and listen in. If you have questions relay them in. Use your new abilities."

She smiled, "Good use of that power to be in two places at once. While listening to Greentree. That is a challenge as I have not done that."

Twenty minutes later and Doc came walking in annoyed, "Two minutes later and Skinner would not have had to watch the finale! Eagle-eye enjoyed the audience at least. That hearing of yours is amazing and frustrating."

The ladies laughed. Eldar looked at him, "When you get your place you can get your bedroom walls silenced."

Doc shook his head, "The whole house!"

Eldar laughed," Then you will not be able to hear if your children need attention."

He grumbled, "Alright, something that will do the whole house that we can turn on and off."

Eldar nodded, "I will put that on the list of things to get for my married officers and village elders."

He smiled. "What did you need me for?"

Eldar looked at him, "I will need you packed and ready to leave after this meeting. War Horse and all. I have all of the Battle Clerics coming to the house. I need to know which clerics are best to take with me when we have the potential of running into undead?"

That got him spooked. "I think the wizard that killed my father might have turned into a lich. Either way, there was no dead body. He was a necromancer and enchanter. He was studying the process."

Doc nodded, "I will be back shortly."

Eldar walked out to find the Master Leathersmith. He smiled as Eldar approached and asked, "More work for me?"

Eldar nodded. He pulled the box out with the Blades, "You will be the sheath maker of Moon Blades. I would like you to stop by in 15 minutes so you can take measurements.

1...345678