Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 01 Ch. 31

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

To know which symbols to put on two of these three. There is a fourth for House Silversong. Her existing house symbol does not match the one on the sheath. It was changed a few millennia ago. Her sword is already a family blade that has not been claimed, so you will have to get measurements off of the sheath while the sword is still in it. I thought I would get you that information to you now.

You bring whatever precautions you might need to not touch the dormant but live sword. The two symbols you will be doing are Strong Oak and Moon Ray."

He nodded, "Heard rumors about your apprentices."

Eldar nodded, "That will put one into the hands of an Elf-blooded from this village and a mixed Wood Elf in the other. Oh, the bard's sword is a short sword."

He nodded, "Good to know, I will have to pull that pattern out. Not a lot of requests for that one these days."

Eldar smiled, "I have a feeling she will want a non-standard color. Not black."

He looked at Eldar, "When will I be working on the last one?"

Eldar thought, "Sometime in the next 15-25 years. I will have you build the sheath for it now. The details can be added later."

He nodded. "So that one will be here for a while?"

Eldar nodded, "They have not been born yet."

Eldar walked away as the leathersmith chuckled to himself. Eldar returned to the house and his apprentices were standing out front. He waved them inside. He looked at Silversong. "Lieutenant Silversong. You are out of uniform. Charlemagne, she is missing a cloak."

Charlemagne smiled and pulled one from her bag and gave it to her. "I want you to meet Apprentice Moon Ray and Strong Oak. I am training them to be Blade Singers. You will see them in the field with us so please note them and their cloaks. You see them getting into trouble let me know and if it is dangerous to stop them."

She nodded at them. He looked at his apprentice, "She will be activating her family Moon Blade next week when you claim your blades."

He pulled out the box and pulled the three blades one by one.

He set them on the table on top of the sheaths. "Now they will not look like this after the ceremony. They will have runes on the blades. There will be no nicks or scratches. You two need to tell me which blade do you want?"

They both pointed at a different blade and Eldar put the third aside. "Have a seat for the moment."

Eldar took his sword belt off. "This is the new standard sword belt for Moon Blades. I believe all 10 blades got new sheaths last time they were here. You will need a new sheath Lieutenant, But I already knew that."

She looked at Eldar, "Yes this is an old version of our house symbol you noticed that."

Eldar nodded, "When I opened the box. That, and you are left-handed."

She noticed he was not looking at her, "You noticed that too?"

Eldar nodded, "The Moon Blade in your hand is designed for right-handed use. After the purification, your grip will look something like mine. Can be used in either hand." She looked at his grip closer. "Now the standard color for the sheaths are black so my apprentices, do you want the standard color?" They both nodded.

Eldar looked over at the Lieutenant, "I know you are choosing a different color, what color did you want?"

She laughed, "How did...never mind. Yes, I want mine to be dark gray like the blade."

Eldar nodded and he flipped over his sheath and showed all of the house symbols. "I left room for the last four house symbols. Three will be added next to Silversong, Moon Ray, and Strong Oak. Now before you ask, the order is determined on the order in which they are activated with the strongest blades first. Newly claimed blades by age of the recipients. Now I had to adjust for Moon Ray as she will be an adult in 5 years.

She is the first Half-Elf or Elf-blooded to have a blade. She will not be the last. The last is destined for a child not born yet who will be Elf-Blooded. You all can decide if you want these on the back of your sheath or not." He looked around and all 3 of them were nodding. There was a knock on the door, "Come in."

The Master Leathersmith walked in with some of his tools, "What color did the Bard settle on?"

She turned red, "Gray. He told you I would pick something different?"

The Master Leathersmith nodded. "You've been here longer you will see weirder shit than him knowing you want a different color. See the Gods, visions, and prophecies. You are a bard. You could write a trove of tales from the shit this one has done since before his wedding. Yes, I have been talking with some of your officers about when the weird shit started."

The ladies laughed and his apprentices tried not to but failed.

"Ask Hunter about the 7x7 or his ladies about the Ogre Magi he killed. Saving Silver Moon's life when she was halfway around the world. The fact that she and his apprentice both loved the same man. Her father and a former lover of Silver Moon.

Let alone how he alone has the knowledge of how to activate these dead blades and to clean up yours. Some call him God touched and I believe that. I also believe he is an elf all the same. Just with some changes like those new eyes of his."

Silversong looked at Eldar's eyes, "So many silver flakes and they look like they are moving."

Eldar nodded and the Leathersmith looked over as he finished and left, "Hope you like children."

The bard looked at Eldar, "What did he mean by that?"

Eldar looked at her, "Ask Doc about that."

His ladies laughed.

She looked at them and Charlemagne looks at Silversong, "I've lost count of the number sets of twins Doc has determined is coming. Every female officer in the Blades from when we started, Silversong. Keyno has triplets coming and Fireball's wife has quadruplets coming. Even the Queen has twins coming."

Annette jumps in, "Let us not forget Moon Blade's lady, the enchanter, and New Moon's wife."

Eldar looked at them, "Then there are ones who do not know it yet."

The ladies looked at him and in that crazy twin thing, "Who?!"

He looked at them, "Sir Moon Bow and Captain Goldeagle to name 2. Goldeagle has been hooking up with some young Sergeant under his command, Arcane Archer. You can grill him about it in five, four, three, two..." Followed by a knock on the door. "Come in Captain Goldeagle."

The door opened and the ladies laughed. The bard just stared.

The Bard looked at him, "So you've been hooking up with some sergeant who is an Arcane Archer have you?"

He looked at her, "Who are you and how did you know?!"

Eldar looked at him, "I hope you love her, she is right outside why don't you invite her in."

He was red in the face and he invited her in. The face almost floored him as he stood quickly and turned slightly white as the blood rushed from his face, "Sergeant Goldensong."

She looked at Eldar, "Yes, oh by the Gods, you are him."

Eldar looked at her, "I am sorry about your sister, I hope your parents are well...surviving after that."

She nodded and the ladies now knew why he did what he did. The reason why he just shot up like that from his chair, "When did you join us?"

She looked at Eldar, "A few days after the funeral."

Eldar nodded, "Well maybe you can name your daughter after her. You are carrying an Arcane Archer and a Battle Mage. The Girl is the Battle Mage."

He looked at the Captain, "You better let the Queen know about the wedding. Do not make me spring another surprise on her."

She stared at Eldar. Eldar broke her out of it as he commented, "You want to get the door, Doc is back. She opened the door just as Doc was getting ready to knock.

She turned around. Eldar looked at Doc, "Do both checks and show Captain Goldeagle. Doc did his divination thing and just as he told her. "You can check to see if they love each other but it is obvious to me. The question is when will they get married? Take a couple of days to think about that. You will be left in charge while most of the other Captains and commanders are gone. I need to speak with you upstairs Captain."

The bard just stared at him, "I told you to talk to Doc."

He took the Captain upstairs, "Let me start by saying the palace is working on a cover story. One of the assassins who tried to kill the King and Queen was a male in disguise. He gained access to the palace district through his lover of 54 years. The assassin was a Goldeagle who had been banished. His lover was your elder sister. The Queen cleared me to tell you."

He leaned against the door, "One two punch from you, you're going to be a father and lose a sister."

Eldar nodded, "Sorry about that I was hoping I was wrong, that assassin also had plans for the death of your mother. The threats we uncovered in the dwarven Kingdom and human Kingdoms both had some kind of plan to instill a puppet government.

One was a son. The other was the destruction of the entire human court. We did not stop that as you know but I kept the puppet government from forming. That led us to question your mother and her comments led us to your sister."

Captain Goldeagle looked at Eldar, "So, no doubt?"

Eldar looked at him, "She confessed much and her head was checked by three different individuals. Two of whom were dragons and one was Annette's trainer in psionics. I will tell you one more thing. Not to hurt you but to keep it from hurting you with the Queen."

He nodded "Go ahead."

Eldar looked at him, "Your sister was more than a lover. She also helped in the torture of Blade Singer Goldensong. The Queen knows this or she will very soon when she gets the report from Annette. She did not kill her, but she did not make her life easy. I killed the Grand Master who ordered the assassination."

Blaze nodded, "Best I knew. I wish it had not happened but I cannot worry about what my sister did."

Eldar looked at him, "I was not joking about naming your daughter after her. She was a competitor on the field. Someone who held a special place in my heart off of the field. After all of the competitions were done. I killed that Grand Master in under 30 seconds and I did it in a way that no other Blade Singer in attendance will ever forget."

He nodded, "I heard some of this from her sister." Eldar opened his bag up and pulled out his journal and opened up the entry for the last competition.

Eldar looked at him, "You probably did not hear about this from her sister. My wives are the only ones who have seen this entry." He sat there and read it and laughed and shook his head."

Eldar looked at him, "That was probably the closest she came to love. She was taken a few days later. That is one of my regrets. You know the rest of that story."

He nodded, "Obviously not your best moment."

Eldar laughed nervously, "Probably my worst was how that ended. She was killed because she did not beat me in the FICKA competition. The Grand Master lost a ton of money and wanted her to suffer. Even after death."

Captain Goldeagle nodded, "You killed him too quickly."

Eldar sighed, "A promise to Annette before she told me the details of what the assassin did to her and that she was dead."

Captain Goldeagle nodded, "You have good wives."

Eldar smiled, "You will be an excellent father. The others are arriving and we need to get down there."

The officers filed in and he looked at his apprentices, "You can wait by your horses." He looked to Sergeant Goldensong, "He will be out shortly to pass along assignments and help you to plan a royal wedding."

That got a few laughs as most of the officers were out of the loop. "For those who do not know I predicted again and we have another set of twins on the way."

Charlemagne jumped in, "He did two but Doc will have to check the other for us when he is in town."

Eldar looked at her. "Anyway."

He got interrupted and Cook asked, "Who?"

Annette fired back, "Sir Moon Bow."

Eagle-eye laughed, "He probably has not had sex with that bitch of his wife once they had one son."

Eldar looked at her, "I never said it was with his wife. Annette you are supposed to be seeing Greentree." She got up and headed out. "Now moving on."

Eagle-eyes eyes went wide, "Gods! Who has he been sticking it to?"

Eldar sighed, "A female not 5 years out of the Academy. Blade Singer started teaching magical theory after I left. Just so she could be near him. Doc, when you see Moon Bow, you probably should take him aside and let him know exactly what I said. Two boys. Both Blade Singers.

If we are done with the prediction issues. I want Captains Tranosa and New Moon to travel as part of my honor guard for the funeral. Along with Doc and Fireball. I need those four and two others from our best Blade Singers, fighters, of Battle Mages.

Those two do not need to be a part of the funeral Honor Guard. I leave the rest of that up to volunteers who wish to go. In some ways, a lot of you knew my father better than I did. Show of hands."

He had Skinner, Cook, Eagle-eye, Moon Bow, and Captain Silver Moon volunteer. He knew Silver Moon went through the academy with his father.

Eldar looked at them, "I blocked Goldeagle from this because I need a Captain back here and I am leaving Captain Silver Moon off of this mission to watch over my apprentices and be my voice with the 3 villages. She is also working on equipment distribution.

For those going on this mission the day after, this is information gathering with a possible search and destroy. We are looking for one wizard. The one who killed my father. He is a necromancer and may have turned into a lich. We are going the day before the Queen arrives. I will have a group of Battle Clerics, Battle Mages, and Blade Singers waiting in House Silvertree.

Pulling some from the Academy to be in this reserve by order of the Queen including Moon Bow. Let me take a moment to introduce you to Lieutenant Silversong. I see we have 6 dwarven lieutenants with us, welcome. Any sappers in this group. One raised his hand. Eldar looked at him, "How many sergeants among the sappers?"

He held up two fingers. "Privates?" He held up four.

"I want one elven Battle Mage, Battle Cleric, two rogue-types, and two fighters assigned to fill out those ranks. Three sappers to a squad and the Lieutenant is in charge of both squads. I want your guys to do an assessment and plan the destruction of the valley entrance.

You will be moving into human territory. Do not expect to see any of them there. I am not asking for their permission to cross over given the turmoil in Grand Falls. Captain Goldeagle, The Lieutenant reports to you while I am away.

They will be assigned out of the fort once it is built. I want ideas on how to narrow the valley. Crater the valley, if you can think of it, I want to hear about it when I get back."

He chuckled and finally spoke, "Call me Sparks, I just finished my master levels training. These others are more than qualified but not masters yet. My buddies said, you respected sappers."

Eldar nodded, "The mission I was on with them I requested sappers. A Good sapper can deal as much damage as a Battle Mage or arcane archer. A great one can do a squad's worth."

This got the dwarves chuckling. "That leaves five, who among you can ride?" He got two hands. Eldar looked at those two, "When I get back, they are in my detail until I can decide which one will become my first Dwarven Captain. The other 3 Tranosa get them assigned under Elven captains for now.

I highly recommend learning to ride. Once you see me on horseback you will know why. You have war horses?" They both nodded. Eldar nodded, "If you need help with training them, I will point you at Lieutenant Trick-shot. She trained human horses to do some of her crazy stuff. Put on a demonstration for them tomorrow will you please. Trickshot is also known as Lieutenant Keyno Dusk Moon.

She is married to Captain Dusk Moon. We will be activating another 3 Moon Blades on the 12th please be sure the village elders are aware of that Captain. All Moon Blade holders are expected, meaning mandatory attendance. While I only need a minimum of 4 active blades to do this we must have as many as we can get. Word is being passed to those in the city as well.

Captain Tranosa, plan the rotations accordingly. For those who are new. Stay away from the falls unless you are invited. This ceremony burned the eyes out of one who tried the last time. This is no joke. For those who did not catch my name, Command General Eldar Silvertree. Any pressing questions?"

One of the dwarves asked, "I heard you got one of our paragons all worked up about these blades. Could we see one?"

Eldar smiled, "Silversong you have not claimed that blade yet so stand-fast. BLADES Moon Blades up! Karti'Ros Left-hand moon Fire on."

The dwarves looked around the room and they saw Silver Moon, Tranosa, New Moon, and Eldar's were all out. The five dwarves look around. They nodded.

His buddy smiled, "He only asked to see one."

Everyone laughed. Eldar looked at him, "3 out of the 4 Captains in this room hold a Blade. Soon both of my apprentices will hold these blades. Captain Goldeagle is a battle-mage. His brother holds the family blade. They will kill any non-owner who tries to handle it. If one falls in a battle note the location but do not touch it.

Only one person in an elven family can hold a blade. A new owner cannot be granted except after death. That is why I had them show the ones in this room. So, you know. Also, which Gray Blades have them. If that is all we got a few waiting for us outside to see."

They stepped out and Eldar continued, "Doc give me four Battle Clerics suited to this mission." Eldar saw his Aunt Trisna and walked out to her, "You are coming back with us tonight for tomorrow?" She nodded.

He whispered to her, "I see things are going well with you and Hunter. Does he know yet?"

She looked at him and Eldar smiled, "Let me guess, I know more than either of you do. Run a pregnancy check, in private."

She looked shocked and stared at Hunter.

Eldar saw the 4 Battle Clerics, "Silver Moon or one of the others will teleport you out tomorrow night. You will be going to House Silvertree. You will be on a reserve to teleport into a potential battle zone. No horses needed. Battle Mages and Blade Singers?"

He had one Blade Singer who graduated eight years before him. Eldar nodded to him, "Welcome, I did not expect to see you."

He nodded. "You avenged two of my relatives and a classmate. You proved yourself to me."

Eldar nodded, "I want you on the assault team standby. I do not expect it to stay standby so keep your blade sharp. That leaves 4 Battle Mages. I will tell you right now if the prey we are hunting is out there they took down 20 casters and I have more Battle Mages coming in from the Academy including Moon Bow. This one is a necromancer."

They stared at each other and he got the top 4 candidates.

Eldar looked at Silver Moon, "Make arrangements to get those 9 to house Silvertree tomorrow. Honor guard, be sure you have your horses. Aunt, you can grab a horse from House Silvertree but saddle up with Hunter for the moment. Silver Moon, get casters who can cast teleportation circle to get the others out tonight if they can.

House guards are going to put them up in the Wing dedicated to the Blades at the moment. Also, two days from now get the Lieutenant in charge of the sappers and the Captain candidates out to House Silvertree. Let them look over what gear their people might be interested in."

Eldar looked over, "Tiger, I want a sparring match between you and our 2 dwarven Captain candidates unarmed combat. Let me know how it goes."

Tiger smiled. The Dwarves looked at the skinny human and chuckled. Eldar thought to himself, 'They will learn I do not send lambs into the lion.'

Eldar looked over, "Captain Goldeagle keep a healer on hand in case the dwarves need one."

1...345678