Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 01 Ch. 35

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We also need to get you into lighter armor." She smiled. "So instead of a cloak, we will get you a sash like Keyno wears so it is enchanted but it will not get in the way."

Dorothy smiled. "Cleaver idea."

Eldar smiled back, "I only identified the issue. It was one of the enchanters who recommended the sashes."

They went straight through the palace gates while others were stopped and checked. They went to Moon Blades shop.

"I need to see Gatrius Moon Blade, tell him Eldar is here and I know he is here."

Eldar smiled at the sales lady who looked to be new. Moon Blade came forward. "How are things, Sir Moon Blade? I came to look over some of the swords you have made and daggers. We got new directions from the Lady of Dreams and I am adding 4 more wives that I wish to outfit."

He looked shocked, "When is the wedding?"

Eldar smiled, "An hour after the blade ceremony. Being performed by the lady herself. If you have not married your new lady yet she can do it."

Gatrius smiled. "I think we will do that. Thanks for letting me know. The Queen has us being summoned to the Palace before that ceremony."

Eldar nodded and smiled, "I know. Who do you think recommended the idea to her? To ensure all the city blades made it. She might even throw a surprise at you. But let us look at the weapons."

Gatrius chuckled. "I should have known you were behind it."

They walked into the back and Eldar saw the relic anvil for the first time outside of a vision. "Longswords need two of those, and two belt daggers and one throwing dagger."

Gatrius looked over, "These are the swords..."

Eldar saw a couple on the lower shelf, "What is up with the two on the lower shelf?"

He pulled them out, "The apprentice I was working with that day messed up the mix on the amount of mithril to adamantium. One is a dark gray and the other is light. One is six parts mithril to two parts adamantium, for the lighter one. The other is six parts adamantium to two parts mithril, to the darker blade."

Eldar looked at Rachel, "You would like the Darker blade I bet." She nodded.

Eldar looked at Dorothy, "The lighter one?" She nodded.

Eldar looked at Gatrius, "Throwing daggers?"

He had three blades.

He had Rachel check and she went through the weight, balance, and grip. She looked at Eldar, "This one."

Eldar nodded, "Now two belt daggers identical for my wizards. I have staves in the work but they should have a dagger as well."

They smiled. He found a matched pair. He looked at him, "We will go ahead take these to the enchanters ourselves." He handed them over to Eldar and looked at the ladies, "These have already been paid for. Charlemagne and Annette, you got your weapons already?"

Charlemagne nodded, and Annette looked at Eldar, "I got my sword."

Eldar nodded, "Add two more throwing daggers, one for each of them."

They smiled. "Do you still have that apprentice?" Gatrius smiled and nodded. "Tell him my wives will enjoy the unique look so his mistake is their gain. But, keep to the order."

Gatrius laughed, "I will pass it along as we were worried about what you would want to do with the blades."

Eldar looked at him, "I want them enchanted of course they are masterworks thanks to your skill and your forge."

Gatrius smiled, "A most profitable night."

Eldar smiled and nodded, "See you at the ceremony."

Gatrius nodded and smiled in return. They walked out of there with all these weapons wrapped up. He looked at them, "They will not be finished before the wedding. We can get them to the enchanters and get started."

They nodded. They headed to the enchanter's row.

Eldar walked in and was greeted right away, "Great to see you again and you brought some stuff to enchant."

Eldar nodded, "I wanted to know if you have an enchanter who is close to his master level and getting married to a Battle Bard in my command. Does he work here?"

She smiled, "He does work here."

Eldar nodded, "I would like to see his trainer and him."

Eldar waited for her to return, "They will be here in a moment, they are finishing something that will take a few minutes."

Eldar laughed, "Go back and tell them to fold their cards they do not have the winning hand."

She looked shocked and walked back to deliver the message and the 3 of them came up. They looked a little red-faced, "If I am close to and focus on someone, I can see things. That is how I knew about your card game. The guy picked up a straight flush didn't he."

They laughed. "Yes, you saved us a few coins."

Eldar looked at him, "I have been told he is getting close to his master level." He nodded. "He is just a couple of major projects away."

Eldar nodded, "Let me see if I can speed things along, I have 3 throwing daggers that need to be returning, have a shock effect and a paralysis effect on them. I have two belt daggers that I want the same except for returning, just increase the chance to hit and damage, then I have unique swords.

I want this dark one to have a lightening effect but in black or the color of the blade. A medium again on the ability, with a chance to haste. Also, a small chance to paralyze. Then I have this lighter blade, I want a medium damage boost, with a white-hot edge like my Moon Blade but no flames.

With a greater chance to paralyze. You tell me which couple of major projects you want to take on and when you get your status my soon-to-be wife wishes to train to do enchantment. She has the urge you can decide if she has the talent."

He nodded, "I would be boss over your wife and you are boss over mine."

Eldar smiled, "While you are working for me on projects. It is a nice circle." He nodded.

Eldar smiled at him, "You got the talent for the swords?"

He looked at them and what he wanted. "You are asking for some effect changes that are appearance based on the lightning which I would enjoy the challenge of getting that right. I would like to do both swords."

Eldar looked at his master, "Would those get him master's status?"

He looked at Eldar, "He pulls it off yes, you put some stiff requirements on it. Why so much difference?"

Eldar smiled, "One of my ladies will be Captain in my mercenary unit. The other is going to be the Captain for the protection forces for the Duchy. Yes, I was made a Duke so make sure my project costs reflect that."

He handed him the tube and he passed it back, "We can get that squared away. Use your standard account?"

Annette spoke up, "No use my personal account on these. He is always doing this so I am taking this one."

Eldar smiled, "We still have a few things to get. How are you on magical manacles?"

She looked at Eldar, "We have three."

Eldar smiled, "Now you do not. We will take them all. How about bags of holding."

She looked over, "We have six of the medium ones."

He looked at her, "I need 4 of them for these ladies. Now medium protection cloaks. I need one like mine. I need two that change out the sword into a staff with a moonstone intertwined around the stone at the top. The wood on the staff is made of silver wood."

She drew it up and made a couple of minor adjustments.

"Then I need a heraldry sash with my house symbol upon it. I am marrying 4 more ladies."

She looked at Eldar, "Wow!"

Eldar laughed, "That was my thought when the Lady of Dreams dropped that on my current wives."

She looked at Eldar, "You saw her?"

Eldar nodded, "You marry yet?" She shook her head. "There is a mass marriage ceremony occurring on the 12th after the sword ceremony to activate and claim 3 more Moon Blades. That is an invitation-only event. Stay away from the sword ceremony. An hour after that the Lady of Dreams will be there to perform our marriage and anyone who wishes to get married. Interested get to House Silvertree by mid-day to teleport to the village where we will stage people there." They looked at each other and nodded. He smiled at them. "We do not want the entire city there but I helped you 2."

They smiled and the Enchanter spoke, "That helped more than you know."

He looked at Dorothy, "If you are going to be able to trick ride, we will have to move to lighter armor."

She nodded, "I can accept that." he looked back at the group of enchanters, "One set of elven chainmail, one elven full plate, sized that magically adjusts for size and sex. Both high enchantments. Two sets of bracers high enchantment.

One Calvary-style Elven shield of high enchantment. I want all of them to have the same house design that is on my armor. The bracers and shield to be entirely the same background color except for the outer edges."

Eldar looked at Annette, "Now I think we are done."

Charlemagne looked at her, "Should have waited until he said he was done."

The ladies laughed. Annette gave him the account number, "What good is the coin when it can be used to protect the ones you love."

Eldar looked at the salesgirl, "Bring the cloaks and any of the stuff I just gave you that is finished with you. Gives you a purpose for being so far away. Delivering of specialty goods to Duke Silvertree, Call me Eldar. I save the titles for when they are needed."

She nodded and laughed, "I remember."

They walked out and he looked at them. He activated the Princess's crystal, "Yes Eldar how are you doing."

Eldar replied "Shopping for wedding dresses for a pair of twins you might know. Is the Duke around?"

Eldar heard some noise then Duke Walder, "You got them to agree? Thank the gods!"

Eldar smiled, "I gave you the date already. If you wish to attend the mass of marriages. The Goddess the Lady of Dreams will perform them. Including mine to 4 more ladies. You need to let me know so I can pick up your party personally. With over 800 mercenaries and 10, soon to be 13, active Moon Blades our Security is very tight."

He heard some muffled discussions and the Princess replied on the crystal, "I will join the Duke on his trip. I would like to bring one bodyguard that should be within the bounds of your circle."

Eldar smiled, "Yes Princess, your military adviser is more than welcome to accompany you."

She laughed loudly. "You are correct! I will see you on the 12th in the ambassador quarters at the evening meal."

Eldar smiled, "That time works, Princess."

The crystal went quiet and he put it away. "That leads us over to the merchant section to find rings."

Everybody mounted up.

They got into the jeweler's section and this was his first time visiting this shop. He walked in with his group and a lady behind the counter looked over, "Can I help you?"

Eldar looked at her and he did not want any big issues. He decided to use the title here, "I am Duke Eldar Silvertree. I am looking for 4 wedding bands."

She looked over "4?"

He walked over and grabbed Annette's hand and held it softly, "Yes, 4 like this. If you do not have that then 4 in the metal of these bands."

She looked at the bands, "Those are beautiful, who made the rings?"

Eldar smiled, "The Lady of Dreams when she married me to these ladies. Now I need to add 4 more wives as the advice from the Lady of Dreams to my wives."

She looked at them and they nodded. She looked at the rings, "I do not even know what this metal is."

Eldar sighed, "What do you have that is four identical bands?"

She checked, "I have platinum rings that have four medium diamonds set in them. They are 14,000 each with your discount."

Charlemagne looks over, "We will take them, the Lady of Dreams will likely change them here is my account number."

The ladies laughed and the sales lady was in shock. Eldar looked at Charlemagne, "Finish up here and head to House Silvertree. I need to meet my brother there."

She nodded. He went out and rode quickly to House Silvertree. His brother was waiting with Victria. He walked over and the 2 of them each removed the seals from his bedroom. He went to his desk and opened the drawers in it and found the file with his will.

He pulled it out, "He left it to the two of us, his account numbers and everything is here." He showed it to Victria, "Everything in order?"

She nodded, "He says to sons and calls you out by name."

Eldar nodded, "We want half of that money set up for you and my brothers. A third to each of you from that half. Money to ensure you can raise them comfortably. That should not be a problem as the profits are set you will get a share of that as well, half of what my father would have gotten. The other half being sent to my brother and me.

I need you to draw up the paperwork to make that happen. Evaluate how profits are being distributed overall and help to finish that paperwork to reorganize the house. I will need to set up a couple of proxies to handle things in case of my death. My Brother would Head the House next until the time of the first House election.

Also, be the Blade Holder Proxy as a Blade Singer. While Victria will be the Elder for our branch. Once we get a headcount for each of the branches we will know where we sit in terms of size. Finances, I believe profits are distributed to the branch Elders. I have mine divided into different accounts.

I will need to add Victria to that breakout, taking father's spot. I divide it evenly across five accounts now so it will change to eleven accounts. I am marrying 4 more wives and 2 accounts to be held in trust for our unborn brothers. Please go over the account numbers and let me know if there is a problem.

Let our accountant know I want a full report on Silvertree assets, accounts, and profitability. I also want to know which branches are overseeing these assets. I will get you the other 4 account numbers for the brides after my wedding on the 12th. Staria and Astria are two of them."

Victria smiled, "I like Staria and Astria. It will kill their house. I can help with absorbing whatever assets they have. I will talk with them but it would normally fall into your lap but they are such a small house. I can put it into their accounts for what we liquidate. If parts are profitable then we will keep them going."

Eldar looked at his brother Elios, "Please go through his office and bedroom. Store any valuables and any personal items we can discuss. Any letters he left behind for us should be to whom it is addressed. You are invited to the wedding. Extend an invitation to Master Trainer Yetto to come as well. He knows how to teleport you to the village. Evening meal."

Elios nodded, "You are handling a lot, I can handle this task."

Victria smiled, "I can get those together for you before the wedding and show you where everything is going. I need to see the ladies."

Eldar smiled, "They are behind you. I am going to go see my grandmother in the garden. She said the tree we planted is growing way faster than normal."

He got up and left the ladies to talk and grabbed his horse and went to the garden. He saw his grandmother looking at the tree it had quadrupled in girth and added another 6 feet since he left her. He looked at her, "Your thoughts?"

She smiled, "You somehow enchanted it. I would not be surprised if it does not follow the rules and die in 40 years it might be the largest Silvertree ever. Within days it will consume the entire section under the tree that you had him plant grass seed.

The branches will extend over the walkway. The effect is being seen in the nearby trees as well, they are growing another 5 times faster. I told your gardener to plant 3 more rows of those trees giving them distance. The entire garden will be a small forest soon enough. It is anchored enough that the guards would not be needed."

Eldar nodded, "So long as someone does not try to cut it down or set it on fire."

She smiled, "Then I would have them patrol the garden."

Eldar looked at the guards, "Inform your Captain you are relieved from standing guard. I want an hourly walk-through patrol every hour and not just the garden. The entire estate. Vary the pattern and have 2 patrols with random nights having a third. Plus, sentries at each of the major exterior doors and entrance to the Estate."

He got all the ladies gathered as it was getting close to meeting time at his home and he took them all to Elder Strong Oak's home. He let her down, "Next time I see the Lady of Dreams I will have to ask her about the tree."

She smiled as she went into her home and they rode to their home. The gathering of officers was large. They had no Captains in the field at the moment. This was the first time since their founding that they were all present.

He walked into the home and it was standing room only except at the couch which had been kept clear for their return. Cook was ready with food for all of them. They sat and ate. He had his 2 Elven brides sitting on his knees because of how crowded the room was currently.

He looked around, "As we have so many officers here today, I would like all lieutenants not assigned to my detail or my training officers to wait with the sergeants." Once the crowd cleared. "I want to start to use the inn as a barracks. I know I said this before but as soon as the dining table is in place at the Inn these meetings will be held there. Cook and Skinner get a room at the inn right next to the kitchen.

It will help feed a crowd of this size. I want all Commanders and Captains to have a ground floor room. Fireball's wife can start taking care of keeping rooms straight. Lieutenant on the second floor. Greentree can stay with John Silver. The spare bedroom in this house is for guests.

Which right now is Captain Silver Moon and Tiger starting next week. In the short term displace apprentice Strong Oak. Have him rest at my Grandmother's house. She will enjoy having him around again. When the fourth floor of the Inn is completed and furnished, we will move into that area.

Then Silver Moon and Tiger can take over the Master bedroom keeping the downstairs bedroom always open for Master Trainer Yetto. He grew up in this home and it will be his when he retires from the field. When that occurs, we will address the arrangements.

I would hope your new home would be built by then. Lieutenant Silversong, your future husband has been given the projects to finish his master's training. I requested the work on swords for 2 of my brides to be done by him. They are not easy tasks but I feel comfortable that when applying himself to this he will succeed.

You know of the mass wedding. If the ladies are wondering what to wear take them to the city. I have informed the lady that owns the shop that any of my officers who come in and tell them that Duke Eldar Silvertree sent them to get you squared away.

This goes for those with non-blade male spouses who need apparel for the wedding. Mass wedding, I expect those on the fence OR WHO HAVE YET TO ASK HUNTER, to get on the ball and get this taken care of quickly. Commanders, please revise the squads to blend in the dwarven elements except for the Sapper unit under my Sapper Lieutenant.

He will be switched to report to Captain Rachel Walder. Soon to be Captain Rachel Silvertree. Her Sister will become the Captain of the town portion of our protection forces. She will be the default person for the other three captains to coordinate with on issues. One other is our Centaur captain who is busy working tracking down trappers.

I have sent Wood Elves over to help locate them. We find them they will be killed or put to work doing hard labor. Commander Tranosa will be in charge of the prisoners. Assign to work hard labor. They will be out on the plains pulling rocks, planting trees, or pulling in logs to the sawmill.

Lieutenant Walder will after next week be assigned to the Dwarven Captain who I stole his flask of spirits from. He is my brother-in-law or will be. Keep him in line. Like you, he likes big heavy weapons and armor."

That got a few chuckles. "I want an arcane lieutenant, I do not care which type to be assigned to each of the dwarven captains. With squads. I want the Dwarven lieutenants to fill the holes.

1...56789...15