All Comments on 'Simple 750'

by Britease

Sort by:
  • 79 Comments
francemanfranceman5 months ago

Good little story. Thanks.

Warning

Man City will be back in the lead with the return of De Bruyne.

MightyheartMightyheart5 months ago

Good one.

Even an extended version where how the MC extracts his revenge would be great.

Great writing anyway

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy5 months ago

You haven't lost your touch!

5

HighpikeHighpike5 months ago

Loved it, thank you but wrong category. Belongs in ‘Fantasy’. Arsenal winning four in a row 🤣!

BeBopper99BeBopper995 months ago

3* Barely adequate.

RePhilRePhil5 months ago

Arse a Nel are no match for Newcastle United. Now if we can only beet those miserable Ref Calls and VAR (very amateur referee).

OH YEH! Nearly forgot. Welcome back Britease haven’t seen you on the block lately

OK story not your best but 5&FAV for old

Times sake

ibuguseribuguser5 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Short, to the point, and with an ending!

What else do you want?

jmmj5jmmj55 months ago

Welcome back.

Your stories have been missed.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc5 months ago

Pretty good and mostly complete. Not quite as good as HDK’s shorts, but close. LOL! 4.2*

Rhinoman1951Rhinoman19515 months ago

In a short story, every word counts. Proper grammar becomes paramount, as WE Southerners might say. Your pronoun is the subject of the clause. It is a very good story. A breath of fresh air blowing over the cesspool this gender has become.

GriscomGriscom5 months ago

This might be getting posted twice accidentally, but I thought it was a complete story. And nice touch with revenge via steep discounts.

Regguy69Regguy695 months ago

Loved the steep discount revenge ploy. A good attorney may have gotten some of those voided, but still very funny. Well done!

Orion623Orion6235 months ago

5 stars just because Britease is back although I really liked the story.

imhaplessimhapless5 months ago

You're sick -- 5* from me!

EastCoaster1EastCoaster15 months ago

Loved the karmic revenge on his boss in this brief tale of cheating... just curious what happened to the wife!

But then, it's a 750 special !

.

LOL... and 5 ***** !

GamblnluckGamblnluck5 months ago

Good story. Despite the side comments. I almost stopped where you said 'the end'. I thought the rest was just another wasted space explanation. Glad I kept reading.

I still prefer longer stories BTW.

UnassignedUnassigned5 months ago

Britease is back!! Now, if only you'd focus on a comparatively interesting sport, such as, say, tiddlywinks . . .

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker5 months ago

In the U.S., it would be the NY Giants, and I would put the word out to her Italian cousins, and the bastard would never get to sue me. But I liked it. The Bear approves. 5 stars, Britease. More, please.

The BEAR

BriteaseBritease5 months agoAuthor

to refil .... Newcastle are my second team. My Dad played for the reserve team during the war.

To the Man City supporters ..... They're not bad, but ......?

Actually some years ago, I played for Charlton Athletic colts side, but .... Well .... Up the Gunners!

TonyspencerTonyspencer5 months ago

I love it that the Boss’s company went "tits up" at the end.

gunner252gunner2525 months ago

Good story, go the GUNNERS

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Glad to see that you're still kicking it considering how long it's been since you last posted. 750 words can be quite effective when done well, as this was. Funny too!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Entertaining.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

That was so obvious from about the 3rd paragraph, borinnnnng

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

There you go all you would be authors a simple story that reached an acceptable outcome in only 750 words (now I know who to blame grrrrrr).

No begging, no crocodile tears and no ridiculous justifications.

One act of cheating deserves one act of divorce.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good one 5*

I kinda like the 750s. Like snacks.

Maybe you could start another annoying trend with minimum characters. Maybe 3000 or 3500 LOL.

Otis

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Almost useless.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Where is the story ? Just half of a short plot.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It's a shame you didn't care enough to bother to write a good story, like you used to. I've missed your stories, such as "Leopard's Spots" and "American Plan".

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good 760 word story. Four stars.

No, actually the last line made it FIVE stars

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I typically dislike these 750 word stories because the stories aren’t developed enough…but I have to say that I really enjoyed this one!

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer5 months ago

Ha. I enjoyed it. Many thanks. Of course, it might have been more believable if it had been Man U. LOL. Cheers mate.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Arsenal won game - wow that is SF as equivalent of aliens abducted wife. Good story made me laugh.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Not your best, but not bad, thanks!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

@Rhinoman1951 is complaining about word choice, but he then complains about the cesspool that this “gender” has become. “Genre,” maybe?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I think you need to face the fact that your best days are gone. Finda new hobby.

GardenshedGardenshed5 months ago

Great short story from start to finish with a BTB…… at the end.

Thanks for writing.

Frank66Frank665 months ago

I used to like this writer, good stories with a lot of humor, but to find out that perhaps he is the originator of these awful hoaxes on the literary world, the 750 word outlines impersonating a story, well that's just too much. Burning every copy of his that I've ever bought.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Rhinoman suffered the fate of many self appointed grammar czars and used the word "gender" when it seems clear they mean "category." Or, if they did actually mean "gender," they did not clarify which gender they were referring to.

I thought it was a fun little story, as are most of Britease's stories.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x5 months ago

Was going to give 3 stars, was feeling generous, bumped it to 4, maybe because of the discount ploy.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Quite good with the word count. But this's ripe for an extension. Plus tightening up some of the dialogue- the "he/ they said" could've given more words to play with. But I know this word count story's hard to write. 4 stars Bob

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Rather stupid! nothing really happened!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Great payback.

SyzyguySyzyguy5 months ago

Neat little twists sprinkled through this shortie. Thank you for posting it.

Always good to see a new story from you.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I liked the story and gave it a 5. I love Britease's dry understated British writing style and hope he continues and favors us with a longer story soon.

anon.1

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Really? Not sure what was more far fetched, catching his Mrs out in that manner or Arsenal winning four on the spin!

nixroxnixrox5 months ago

4 stars - funny though tragic way to find out you married a SLUT.

I really liked the way he evened up the score by sinking the company into bankruptcy.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It started out as a pretty good story. Sadly, you clearly ran out of story in less than 750 words and the addendum at the end to make word count was not as well written and clearly just filler.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

No explanation for 2 stars. Just like the story.

PatricksonPatrickson5 months ago

Arsenal winning that many matches? Some suspension of reality I can handle, but that much? Sorry chap, you need to ground your stories in reality at least a little!

deependerdeepender5 months ago

Then they played Liverpool.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Go gunners. Its been awhile.

Just_WordsJust_Words5 months ago

I liked that way too much. I think it was the detachment of seeing her far away on TV, much like a sniper pulling the trigger from a distant hill. 5*****!

dgfergiedgfergie5 months ago

I love these 750 stories, it takes real talent to get a whole story, especially an LW story in so few words. 5 stars

A little word of advice: Never, ever fuck with another man's woman, it's not healthy! But keep the stories coming! 5 stars, again!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I would have given you 4* but I'm a Spurs fan......3*

silentsoundsilentsound5 months ago

What a tease!

Nice.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good ending and well done in spite of 750 ……

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Now that fellow really has his priorities straight! Match before marriage!

MattblackUKMattblackUK5 months ago

An interesting 5* short story. And to those who claim 'nothing happened'... Arsenal won four games on the trot, he destroyed his bosses' business and he divorced his cheating wife. What else could have happened?

26thNC26thNC5 months ago

Good story, but I like the confrontations.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good show, mate.

He fucked you over.

So you fucked him over, and derailed your soon to be ex's gravy train while you were at it.

Poor little bird will have to earn her living on her back.

Him? Who bloody cares? Maybe he can work the docks. nudge nudge, wink wink

Again, bloody good show.

Go Gunners!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Some plots work well with flash / 750 word stories. I think this one did not, sorry.

6King6King5 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

QuintiusQuintius5 months ago
Dull

Another good set up, poor execution story. It could have been quite interesting with a lot of nuance, confrontation, and interesting dialogue. Instead it was a summary of vague events that only really told us in broad strokes what happened to his boss and that he got a divorce. Nothing much will happen with his wife. She's an ex-model, she probably already has another wealthy stooge in her sights to latch onto and now she has a sad story to sell him about her heartless ex. No real justice or catharsis to be had here, not that I expected it with a 750 story, but it's very unsatisfying, It's kind of like looking at a charcoal sketch and imagining what the final oil painting could have looked like if only the artist had put in some effort. The final sentence was cute but hardly made up for the rest.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

As with all of the 750 word stories I read on here, it feels 'unfinished' , no matter how good or bad it is. Now at least I know who to blame for all these messes.....

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

One of the best ways to get even I've ever read. Five Stars

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Thank goodness the football 🏈 (no, not that kind of football) team went on a winning streak! Four stars ⭐️ for this one.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Excellent, loved it!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

With MattblackUK all the way. Full five stars.

KevinTheEngineerKevinTheEngineer5 months ago

It lost all credibility when you claimed boreing boreing scored twice in 20 miniuts.

Good story, enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

My only problem is Him being an Arsenal supporter I think that he got all he deserved.

Dalton402Dalton4025 months ago

Great story. 750 words was plenty to tell what was needed.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good ending, afterall a man must have his priorities.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

As usual with these, there is no point to it. No characterization, no motives, no payoff. Just a tiny writing exercise. Can't even used as a delusion that a Wenger-less Arsenal could ever win a title. All it took is a couple wins to make that unwilling cuck happy.

teedeedubteedeedub4 months ago

There you go! Hook'em Hippies!!

Calico75Calico752 months ago

I've read discussions about how hard it is for an author to find an original discovery of cheating method. This one is a good one.

DukeofPaducahDukeofPaducah18 days ago

A brief tale that described a clear picture in my mind’s eye despite the word count constraint. The adulteress’ identity caught me flat-footed by the oblique revelation. I could sense his bar-mates’ chagrin at having asked too many questions.

Retribution was effective with words to spare. This author can wield prose with the precision of a surgeon’s scalpel. No matter if it’s only a quarter-inch deep, expect There Will Be Blood.

Well done. Please, crack on.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous