Sins of Our Fathers Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Matt is waiting for him. He isn't alone.

"Ben, please don't be mad at me."

John stares at Ben with his hands on his hips. The kind of stare Ben's father would have given him -- it's a mix of disappointment, anger, and love. "Ben..."

"What the fuck, Matt!"

Matt shakes his head. "You were going to get killed. I had no choice. You're no good to Riley if you're dead, Ben!"

"Matt, I thought... does he..."

John interrupts. "I don't need the details, Ben. I have a small team -- two others coming with us to make five. Two staying here with Abby. We're here for support, Ben. You need the help. Matt's right -- you can't go at them alone."

"John, my father..."

"Your father was my mentor and my closest friend, Ben. Riley is like a daughter to me. That's all I need to know." Ben nods. "So, let's make a plan before we run in there like idiots."

Ben nods and they sit down on the couch.

* * * * *

Logan lay on the bed in his room staring at the ceiling. Hands interlaced between his head, he just wants to think. He couldn't believe what he had just done to her. He also could not get her out of his head. Why was this girl, who was supposed to be his enemy, invading his brain and taking over? Why did he simultaneously feel the need to throttle her and protect her? She hates him. She should hate him. And yet...He wants to help her. He can help her. He can help her escape. He has no plan, but he will do it.

He jumps off the bed, barely pausing to think, before heading down the hallway and back to her room.

* * * * *

Riley cried herself to sleep. The emotions of the last 24 hours hit her like a ton of bricks. 24 hours earlier she was a different person. She had been with Logan, eating dinner with him, and she had been thinking of the relationship they'd build together, all the firsts she'd have with him, the romantic weekend they had ahead of them. It was hard to reconcile that Logan with the Austin she knew now. She supposes she didn't know Austin. The only thing she knew about him was what he was caught up in, and the horrible things his uncles and grandfather had done. But it wasn't Austin she couldn't shake from her mind, it was Logan. And Logan didn't exist.

So she cried. She cried for that loss. For what he had taken from her in that room an hour ago. For what lay ahead of her. For what had happened to her in just 24 hours. And for a life she assumed she would never live to make it back to. She cried until the sheer exhaustion from crying wiped her out. And then she couldn't cry anymore. She wiped her eyes and stood up off the bed. She was determined to get out. And if she couldn't, she was determined to end it. She paced for a second and then stared at the glass doors on the balcony. Maybe Logan had lied to her, maybe they weren't shatter proof. Maybe that had been a ploy to get her to stay calm. She grabs one of the chairs from the table and starts to walk towards the glass balcony doors. She raises it above her head. She pauses as the door clicks open, and she sees Logan standing there. He is startled to see her, poised with the chair in hand.

"Riley, what the fuck?" She turns. Equally startled by his sudden entrance. She continues to hold the chair over her head. "Put it down, Riley, come on. What are you doing?"

She's had it. She takes a swing with the chair. He tries to dodge her, but she catches the side of his head. He hits the ground with a thud. She stands, shocked for a moment, before taking off down the hallway. Despite the head injury, Logan is quick on her heels, bounding after her. Riley is quicker now, running on pure adrenaline. Logan is merely steps behind her. It almost seems like they are running somewhere together, instead of Logan chasing after her. They are a few feet from the back door when a light flips on. Gavin is standing in front of them, his arms crossed.

"Going somewhere?" he asks. Riley backs up into Logan. They are both silent. "I asked a question."

Logan looks at Riley. "She was hungry. I thought Riley should eat something."

Gavin throws back his head and laughs. "Really? And she was so hungry you had to sprint to get there?"

"Gavin, why the fuck do you care? You've done enough to her this weekend; I think she earned a fucking apple."

Gavin grabs Logan by the front of his shirt and pulls him forward. Riley backs up towards the door. "If you weren't my nephew, I'd kill you. "

He stares at him bravely. "Go ahead. How are you going to explain that to my mother?"

Gavin punches him in the stomach and he doubles over in pain. He picks him up and hits him again. "Tough guy, huh?" Logan stares at him. "How about one more, just so you know that I'm serious." Gavin slugs him again, this time harder. Logan is clearly hurt and lands on the floor on his knees, coughing. It never dawned on Riley for one moment that in a physical fight Gavin would also so clearly overpower Logan. Riley turns the knob and it creaks. Gavin moves towards her quickly. He grabs her and throws her on the floor.

"You stay there and don't fucking move, I'll deal with you next." He looks at his nephew. "Get the fuck up." Logan stands, gripping his stomach.

"Did she run again? Is that what was happening?"

"Fuck you."

"Did. She. Run. Again?"

Logan just stares at him, challenging him. Gavin shakes his head. "Okay. Let's try this another way." He grabs Riley off the floor and pulls her into him so that she is facing Logan. He is holding her arms across her body. He reaches behind him for a knife, and presses it gently to her throat. Riley tries to get away from him, but he holds her tightly.

"I am really fucking tired of both of you, you know that?"

"Leave her alone. She wasn't running."

Gavin smirks, and looks at Riley who is struggling against him. "No? She wasn't? She was behaving like a good girl?" Riley keeps trying to pull his hands off of her. "Wonder how you got that bruise on the side of your head then?" Logan stares at him, not speaking. "You can't protect her, Logan. She's not yours." He pauses to run his fingers through her hair. "She's mine."

Logan speaks through gritted teeth. "She's not yours."

Gavin smirks. "No? You sure about that? Maybe I should show you." He looks at Riley, who just looks defeated. "Living room. Now."

"No, I'm not going to..."

Gavin presses the knife to her throat. "I can make pretty little marks all over this beautiful face, Logan." Logan contemplates his move. "I said, living room. Now." Gavin points with the knife and Logan starts to move. Gavin drags Riley with him, not letting go of her. They enter the living room. He points to a chair and Logan sits down. Gavin stands poised with Riley, facing Logan. Riley can feel the fear rising in her chest.

"You think she's beautiful don't you?" Logan just stares, quiet. "Come on, look at her. You think she's beautiful."

"Yes."

"You have dreams about fucking her?"

"Fuck you."

"Come on, tell me, did you have dreams about what that sweet little pussy felt like?" Gavin moves his hand down, sliding it into Riley's leggings and grabbing her hard between the legs. She groans and tries to pull back, but Gavin expertly presses his fingers into her. "Did you dream about what it might feel like to have her cum on your cock? To hear those soft little whimpers she makes, knowing it was because of what you did to her?"

"You're sick, Gavin. You're fucking sick."

"You can't have her, Logan. But you can watch me have her. In fact, you are going to watch me have her. And when you see how she's mine, maybe then, I'll stop."

Gavin shoves her onto the couch on her back. She tries to get up but he is on her quickly, straddling her. "Gavin don't! Please!" she pleads with him.

Logan stands up. "That's enough. You made your point."

Gavin turns to him, pointing his knife. "Sit the fuck down and watch or I will take out my frustration with you on her." Riley is shaking underneath him. It's not enough that he feels a need to punish her for the actions of her father and her brother. Now she has to pay for Logan's desire to protect her. "Gavin please. Please. It's enough. Please." Her lip trembles as she stares up at him, and then over at Logan, and then back to Gavin.

Gavin turns back to her. Tears well in her eyes and she is silently pleading with him. "What's the matter, Riley? Are you into him too? Is this just too much for you?" A tear rolls down her cheek. She can't even find the words. "Wow. Seriously? He lied to you and kidnapped you. You still want this guy? You're such a fucking slut, Riley." Riley tries to slap him and he catches her hands pinning her down. She spits in his face. He laughs. "You are getting quite the little spitting habit aren't you?"

Swiftly, Gavin grabs her, flipping her onto her stomach and pressing her face into the couch. Logan shifts uncomfortably. Gavin pulls down her leggings and Riley gasps, closing her eyes tightly. She can't even beg him anymore. Logan stares at them for a moment before turning away as Gavin starts to lower the zipper on his pants. "Don't turn away Logan, we're just getting to the best part."

Logan looks back. Anger rising in his chest. Gavin pulls out his cock, jerking it a few times. He rubs it up and down Riley's slit, teasing her. Gavin reaches his hand down, sliding his middle finger along it before bringing it to his mouth. He looks at his nephew. "Just so fucking sweet, Austin." He smiles before plunging his cock deep inside of her. Riley grunts and grips the couch. Logan feels like he is going to lose it. There is a difference between knowing something has happened and watching it happen.

Gavin grabs a fistful of Riley's hair and tugs her head back as his hips slam against her. "Ugh, do you know how good this feels, Austin? She is so fucking tight." He slides in and out of her a few more times. Making her feel every inch of him. Riley doesn't have it in her to fight back. She lays there, silently taking him inside of her. Gavin is bored. He needs more resistance, more taunting. "You ever make her cum, Austin? You ever hear the little noises she makes?"

Gavin reaches his hand underneath Riley, and starts to toy with her clit. Her hands ball into fists on the couch and punches them in as he pounds her and rubs her clit in slow gentle circles. She lets out a moan. "She ever moan like that for you, Austin?"

"Stop! I got it. She's yours. She's fucking yours, just stop!" Logan doesn't want to watch this.

Gavin smiles. "See that wasn't so hard, was it? We can be done when I'm done." He starts to slam into her harder, his fist in her hair. Riley groans with each thrust, his hand still toying with her clit. "Bet we can cum at the same time, what do you think, Austin? Wouldn't that be a perfect finish?"

Riley's tears are soaking the couch. He can feel her getting close. He thrusts harder into her. Just as he is reaching the brink, someone clears their throat. He looks up towards the entrance to the living room. Brian is standing there. Gavin pauses, holding himself inside Riley.

"Sorry to interrupt, but we have a bit of a problem."

"It better be a big fucking problem," Gavin replies.

"Ben is here."

Gavin smiles, pulling out of Riley, and pushing her down onto the couch. "Oh that doesn't sound like a problem at all." Gavin stands and tucks himself back into his jeans. He grabs Riley by the hair, pulling her into a sitting position. "Pull up your pants, sweetheart. We should find somewhere to stash you, while I go find your brother."

Riley wipes the tears out of her eyes. She looks at Logan, who has clearly been fighting back tears on his own. Gavin just looks at both of them and smiles, before grabbing her by the arm and walking her out of the room.

* * * * *

Gavin and Chase and both standing in the living room when Brian walks in with Ben, who is totally alone. Ben seems annoyed. Ben knows he is outnumbered, and still, he feels confident.

"All alone, Ben?" Chase asks him.

"Where is my sister?"

"Are you alone? Tell me the truth and I'll consider letting you see her before I kill you."

"Yeah, I'm alone. What was I going to tell my colleagues about why you had her?"

"Seems like a suicide mission to me."

"So does kidnapping the sister of a federal agent, but that didn't seem to stop you."

Chase laughs as Ben steps close to him, challenging him. He cannot be intimidated. He puts his hand on Ben's chest. "Why don't you take a seat."

"It's really good to see you, Ben," Gavin says walking towards him. He punches him in the face. "I owed you one. That's for that sucker punch you gave me the last time we saw each other."

Ben shakes off the punch. He is furious. "Where is my sister? I want to see her, now."

"Or what?"

Chase can only handle so much of the back and forth middle school bickering between Ben and Gavin. He rolls his eyes. "Leave him alone, Gavin. Brian, why don't go bring Riley in?"

Brian leaves and comes back a few seconds later hanging on to Riley.

"Ben!" she screams as soon as she sees him. She tries to run to her brother, but Brian is holding onto her. Riley is trying not to cry as she stares at her brother. Ben cannot believe what he's looking at. Riley is bruised and looks exhausted. She appears strong, but he can tell she's terrified. She'd always been tough, but he could always see right through her when she was truly scared or hurt, and in this situation, she looked like both. He looks at her swollen lip and the bruise on her cheek. Ben turns to Gavin and Chase. He is seething with anger.

"Which one of you hit her?"

Gavin smirks. "I think the better question is, which one of us didn't hit her? But don't worry Ben, she told us she liked it."

"I'm going to fucking kill you." Ben stands and Chase shoves him back down.

"Sit down, or I'll let Gavin show you how he likes to slap her around," Chase warns. Ben is fuming staring at Gavin and Chase.

"Can you let go of her at least?" Chase just stares at him. "Please, let go of her."

Chase nods to Brian and he takes his hand off of her. She runs towards her brother and wraps her arms around him. She is holding him tighter than she ever thought possible. Even here in this moment, having him with her, she feels safer. She doesn't ever want to let go of him.

"Are you okay?" he mumbles into the back of her head. It feels so good to hold her. If Ben is being honest, he'd thought he'd find her in worse shape.

"I want to go home."

"I know." He comforts her. Gavin stands up.

"This is really touching and all, but it sort of defeats the purpose." Gavin rips Riley away from Ben and throws her down into an armchair facing Ben. He walks around to the back and puts his hands on Riley's shoulders. She jumps, and bites her lip to keep from crying. "She's so afraid of me. It's kind of adorable."

Ben stares daggers into Gavin. "Leave her alone."

"You want to know what I did to make her so scared?"

"She's 18, Gavin. She has her whole life ahead of her. Come on. I'm here. Let her go."

"This isn't just about you, Ben. This is also about her." Gavin runs his hand through Riley's hair and she groans, completely disgusted by him. Ben can see her pulling away from him.

"Let her go!"

"Your father took everything from me! Everything!"

"Your father was a criminal and a loser. And he did it to himself."

Gavin stares at Ben, angry and grabs Riley by the hair, pulling her up. She screams out in pain. Gavin holds her as if he's going to snap her neck. "See that's where you're wrong, Ben. You and your father, are just like me and my father. Admit it. We're the same."

Riley struggles against Gavin and stares at her brother. Ben can't take this.

"We are nothing like you. You're criminals. We chase criminals like you. And sometimes those criminals die. But it's not our goal, Gavin. No one ever hunted down your family, shot them in their own home."

"Say it."

"I'm not going to say it. I'm not like you."

Gavin yanks on Riley's hair and she screams out.

"Admit it, or I swear to fucking God, I'll snap her neck."

"No!"

Gavin pulls on Riley's hair again as she tries to pull away. "Stop!"

"Say it!"

"I'm not going to..."

Everyone is momentarily distracted by a gunshot through the window. Gavin throws Riley on the ground and she smacks her head on a coffee table and falls to the floor dazed.

The door bursts open and FBI agents storm in. Everyone runs, Gavin grabs Logan. At first Logan believes that his uncle is helping him, then he realizes what's happening. He stops him as they hit the backyard. Ben is hot on their heels. Gavin spins, using his nephew as a human shield. It works, Logan stands about two inches shorter than him.

"Gavin, stop," Ben yells -- pointing his gun at him.

"Smart trick there, Ben. I would have pegged you for keeping your mouth shut."

"It's over. You're not going to kill your own nephew. Drop it."

"Oh, Benny, we're just getting started."

He puts the gun against Logan's shoulder and shoots. Logan screams and falls. It hits Ben, grazing him. Logan collapses, struggling to breathe. Ben looks at Gavin as he bolts away. Ben wants to chase him, but he looks at Logan -- a kid not much older than Riley. And he had promised Olivia. He had promised her that if she told him where they had Riley he would make sure Logan was okay. It was things like this, he told himself, that made him different from Gavin. He couldn't leave the kid here now.

Logan is breathing heavy and tries to sit up as Ben approaches.

"He fucking shot me."

"Hey... You're going to be okay. Just relax. Don't move."

Ben puts his hand on Logan's shoulder to try and stop the bleeding. A few more agents run out. Logan's eyes get heavy and he passes out.

* * * * *

Riley is sitting with her legs dangling off of the side of a van that just a few moments ago had a few FBI agents in it. She is wearing her brother's jacket over her shoulders and just staring at nothing. The world around her is a complete blur. There are now FBI Agents everywhere, everything feels so loud, and yet, she hears nothing. She sees her brother off in the distance talking to John. John McClaren -- her father's old partner. John was a good man, like her father -- about ten years younger than him, he had never had children of his own although he'd been married three times. He took over for her father after his death, and he was the reason they were back here. Ben's conversation with him seems heated although she can't hear a word they are saying.

An ambulance speeds off and the sirens jar her back to reality. She realizes Ben is standing in front of her, talking to her. She focuses on him.

"Riley?" he asks, getting her attention. "How are you feeling?"

"I don't know," she tells him honestly. Her mind is in a fog and she is trying to focus, to come back to the world. Riley looks up, silent tears on her face. It feels like she's been crying forever. "I just want to go home."

Ben heaves a deep sigh and looks at her. "We can't go home right now, Riley. Gavin and Chase... we didn't get them. We're going to take you somewhere safe until we catch them, okay?"

She nods her head.

"Riley, first we need to take you to the hospital though. Get checked out."

"Ben.. please... I... I just want to..."

He puts his hand on her shoulder, stopping her. "Did they hurt you?" She looks away and shrugs her shoulders. "Riley..." He pauses. He sighs. He looks at her, channeling the agent, and not the older brother side of himself for a moment. To be her brother in this moment would kill him. "Riley, were you raped?"

She looks down. She can't face him. She nods her head. "Yes."

"Gavin?" She nods again. "Anyone else?" The words almost make him sick as they come out of his mouth.

She shakes her head. "No, just Gavin. But he..." She can't get the words out -- to tell him that it wasn't just once. That he had taken her over and over again, that he had made her do things and feel things.