Sipping on Fire Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What is the last thing you remember?" I asked gently, trying to get him talking.

"Who in Krythi's name are you?" he snapped, eyes scanning the room.

"Where is this place?"

I forced down my growing annoyance. It wasn't really his fault he acknowledged that pithy little goddess of the dawn, or that he'd invoked her to ask me a question. He almost certainly didn't know better. Not everyone was raised to know that Tosàn was supreme. Still, it galled a little.

"I'm Seryth Kyne, resident healer in Drier. You were poisoned with Devil's Spend and your friend brought you to me. I sent him out to fetch some things."

"Where?"

He glanced around again, as if he expected his companion to come crawling out of one of the many cupboards I owned.

"You did not answer my first question," I said evenly. This was my house, after all, and there was only so much ground I would give.

His eyes flashed.

"Some people attacked our camp. We fought, then we ran. Then some things hit me, and there was pain, then nothing."

He looked at me with gratitude in his eyes,

"I take it you're the one that healed me. Thank you. Please forgive my earlier rudeness. "

I nodded.

"Sit, you're not mended yet."

I scooped a bowl of water from the trough and grabbed another towel. I set these down on the chair near the bed.

"Sit, now."

My voice brooked no argument.

He sat, a smile tugging at his lips.

I gathered Rhodiola, Schizandra berries and Cat's Claw from a shelf in a corner and added them to the water. I held my hand over the bowl to heat the mixture, extract the essence from the herbs and blend them together. This potion would help to rejuvenate him and replace the power I had used during the healing, but I still needed to make another one using the items I'd sent the man for.

"Tosàn knows what is keeping your companion," I muttered.

"Take off your shirt."

He obeyed, frowning slightly,

"You worship the Evil One? Elodie - my companion - says she does too."

"Dark, not evil," I corrected automatically. It was a common mistake among those who did not worship the Queen of the Dark. Then his next statement registered.

"You mean-"

He smiled for the first time since I'd seen him, and my heart stuttered.

"Yes, my companion is female, at least physically. I believe she straddles the two genders deliberately, crossing over to whichever one she pleases."

I shook my head in amazement.

"I would never hsve guessed. Even her name gives nothing away." I mulled over this as I ran my hands over him, beginning from his neck. I pressed down gently with my fingertips as they trailed down his torso, and watched for a reaction.

He gasped lightly as I stroked down his arms.

"Does that hurt?"

"Not at all," he said hurriedly.

I looked at his face carefully, then dipped the towel inside the water, squeezed it, and stepped between his legs, facing him. I wiped his shoulders and neck carefully and he shuddered. If he was in pain and trying to hide it, I would not be able to heal him completely. I stepped back a little and tipped his chin up with my hand.

"I need to know if you..."

My voice died out as I saw the answer to my question in his face. Desire smoldered in his beautiful eyes. His pupils were dilated pupils spoke of the want that burned in him.

The lust I'd struggled to suppress sprang to the surface. Heat blossomed in me and spread through my body, leaving my nerves tingling. I wanted him with every fibre of my being.

I flung the towel away, not caring where it landed, yanked my tunic off, and stepped in closer. His lips parted slightly, his chest rising and falling faster. I bent and tugged his head towards mine, and our lips met.

The kiss was hot, wet, and deliciously sinful. This time, I pressed my tongue passed his lips, plundering his mouth aggressively. He groaned and pulled away.

"What happened before-"

"-doesn't matter," I said desperately, trying to kiss him again.

He put his hands on my shoulders and held me back gently.

"It does to me. I know I am Wild and I know you bonded with me. Something must have happened. Tell me what I did."

I realized there was no was we would move forward if I did not convince him he had done nothing wrong.

"Have you heard of Razak's Rule?"

"Yes," he said shortly, looking intently at me.

"You're not yet tethered. I bonded with you and you reacted. I chose the latter option."

"I'm sorry," he said seriously

"Stop. Whatever I did, I did because I wanted to. I could easily have flung you into the abyss and let death take you. Your companion could not have faulted me."

He started to speak but I cut in,

"I screwed you because I wanted to,"

I paused deliberately.

"I still do."

The light came to his eyes, hot and wild. His hands came up to the back of my neck and tugged my head down, crushing my lips against his. He bit down on my lower lip, then sucked gently on the bite. I moaned. He trailed his lips down my face and neck, nibbling gently. I was as hard as I could get, and I could feel his cock like steel against me. He nipped and suckled at the base of my neck, and I knew he would leave a mark. I arched my back and ran my fingers through his glossy raven hair, then groaned when he stopped.

A corner of his mouth lifted at the sound. He scooted into the bed until his back was against the sturdy headboard, and he took me with him. He leaned back against it and spread his legs, then arranged me between them, my back to his chest. I could feel the hard press of his cock against my ass crack. He urged me back till I relaxed against him, then resumed the assault on my neck, till I was whimpering with pleasure.

He pulled me even closer, then reached across to twist one of my nipples, hard. At the same time, he reached into my breeches and pulled out my aching, throbbing cock. I moaned as his palm brushed against the red, engorged head. He wrapped his hand around the shaft and and squeezed. My hips canted forward, and I couldn't resist the cry that spilled from my throat. I bucked, but it was no use. He was stronger than I was, all lean, sinewy muscle and he locked me in with his arms.

He moved to the other nipple, pinched it tightly and held on, then stroked my cock slowly. The combination of pain and pleasure was incredible. He repeated the motions, alternating between nipples, while his other hand kept up a steady stroking rhythm.

He whispered hot, filthy things into my ear. Things he wanted done to him, things he would do to me. In a short while, I was panting and mewling helplessly for release. He drew out my torment, his strokes just light enough to keep me at the edge, but not enough to make me come. Then just as I felt I was going to explode from the pleasure, he strokes got firmer and faster, and he bit down on my ear lobe. I sobbed out wordlessly as white-hot pleasure exploded through me. Molten heat raced through my veins, igniting my very cells, and the sensations intensified till I thought I would loose consciousness. Streams of hot, white come spurted from my cock all over his hand. I jerked and shook in his arms, but he held me still, stroking me through the intense orgasm, until my cock became too sensitive and I placed my hand over his, stilling his movements.

His grip loosened and his arms enfoldes me loosely, and I leaned back against him and closed my eyes, luxuriating in the aftershocks of pleasure, and enjoying the rare feeling of comfort and safety. I felt like I would be content to stay like this forever. Then I realized I could still feel him rock hard behind me. I rolled my hips a little, and he hissed.

"We need to remedy that," I said silkily, and slipped out of his embrace. I picked up the discarded towel, wiped us down perfunctorily, then kissed him lightly on the lips. I worked my way down his body with feathery kisses and gentle touches, until I got to the huge bulge in his trousers. My mouth was suddenly dry, and I licked my lips to moisten them. My hand dove into his breeches and I pulled out his impressive cock.

It was nine inches, fully erect and cut. Thick and veiny, the mushroom head was a dull angry red, and clear precum dripped from its slit. I looked up into his eyes, and the heat I saw in them was all the reassurance I needed. I bent and took him in my mouth.

He tasted salty, with a bittersweet undertone. I swirled my tongue across the head, fisting the base and stroking, up, down. I added a twist before each downward stroke. I licked the underside of the head and his hips jerked upwards. I bobbed up and down, trying to take more of him in with each breath. I pulled off him, swallowed saliva to moisten my throat, then slid my head down, swallowing him whole.

"Dear gods," he hissed, as I worked my throat around him. His hips began to rock forward, fucking my mouth, and I reached forward to fondle his balls. He did not last long. He came hard and long, spilling his creamy seed down my throat, and I swallowed every last drop. When no more came I pulled my mouth from him and looked up to see him staring down at me through half-closed eyes. He pulled me up, till we lay chest to chest, with me on top, and he kissed me. The kiss was sweet and euphoric, and I felt strangely high, like we'd been burning poppy flowers in the room. We broke the kiss to breathe, and he gazed up at me with wonder in his eyes, like I was a treasure he'd been searching all his life for and had finally found. My heart stuttered in my chest.

"There's something about you-" he began.

The pounding on door cut short his sentence. I sprang off him quickly and found my discarded shirt. I pulled it over my head while he adjusted his breeches. I did the same to mine, then grabbed the come-soaked towel and shoved it under the bed. The door shook again and I hurried to it, then pressed the cut on my hand so it bled again. I smeared the blood onto the door and called "Use the key I gave you"

There was a pause, then the door open. The woman stood before me, arms loaded with the items I'd requested. I scanned her features for an obvious hint of feminity and found none. Even her clothes were amorphous, a simple tunic and leggings beneath a travel worn cloak. She carried a long, slender sword strapped to her side, and she wore knife sheaths on her arms. Her boots were simple and practical.

"How is he?" She asked, then she caught sight of him behind me. She gave a small relief and strode towards him, depositing the items carefully on the table as she passed. She hugged him briefly, looked him over, then turned to me,

"So he's healed then? What are all these things for?" I noticed she did not bother to ask how I had healed him.

"I've removed the poison, yes, but he needs the potion to purge him of the effects. Without it, some of the symptoms may reoccur days after, but he'll live."

She nodded.

"Thank you, I brought all the things you need."

She gestured at the items on the table, then pointed to the necklace she had given me,

"Could I have that back now?" I had only needed its power for the first healing. It was no use to me now. I took it off and handed it back to her. She caught it and shoved it into her cloak instead of wearing it around her neck.

"I'll keep watch. Do what you need to."

She turned and headed towards the big window that faced the path leading to where I'd found them and perched on the ledge, eyes firmly fixed on the path.

I worked in silence, glancing up once in a while. Each time I found the mage's eyes on me, his beautiful gaze unreadable. Each time I returned the look directly,a little thrill running through me, then went back to my work.

As I ground, and mixed the herbs together, I wondered where things were going to go from here. I assumed they would most likely leave the next morning to continue with their journey. I looked at the mage and knew for certain that i would be sad to see him go, to say the least. Then I realized I did not even know his name. I'd told him mine, but I'd not gotten his. I opened my mouth to ask for it, then I looked at the still figure at the window.

There was something strange about her, something that kept me wary of her. It was a simple enough question, but somehow, I did not feel inclined to ask it so directly with her around. I decided that it would come up when their told their story. I was especially curious to hear how they'd gotten into this mess.

I heard a distressed noise and looked up worriedly. The mage was bent over, his arms wrapped around his middle. I knew he was in pain. This was part of the aftereffects the potion I was preparing would prevent, and I'd been musing, instead of hurrying to get it done. I chided myself inwardly.

"Just breathe, the pain will pass," I said reassuringly, then gave the potion my full attention. Any questions I had would be answered when I'd kept my own end of the bargain.

I was soon done with the potion, and I poured the light blue, fizzing liquid into a large glass vial and stoppered it. I turned to go to the mage and I gasped in shock as I saw his companion standing before me. I'd been so engrossed in my work, I had not heard her come up behind me. She took the vial from my hand and slipped it into her cloak, then gestured towards the bed. The mage lay curled up on it, sleeping.

"How is it to be taken?" She asked

"He is to drink half whenever he wakes, and the other half six hours later. In between, he should take nothing but water, so ensure he eats well before he takes the first dose."

She nodded, then said quickly,

"I apologize for this."

"It was-" I began, then a huge gust of wind picked me up and slammed me against the wall. The force knocked the wind out of me and my vision became fuzzy around the edges. Sand swirled in from under the door, creating a sirocco in the middle of my room. I felt myself rise up till I was spread eagled against the wall, then the sandstorm whirled over to me. The grains of sand formed shackles around my ankles and wrists, and a rough, abrasive gag over my mouth, then the storm ceased abruptly. The mage lay in what I could swear was a magic-induced sleep, and his companion stood, facing me. I glared daggers at her.

So she could control earth, as well as air and fire. Where three were, the fourth was certain to be found. Standing before me was an Entire Elemental, a very rare phenomenon, and instead of awe, all I felt was an overwhelming urge to reach out and smack the righteous look off her face.

"I apologize for this," she said again,

"The people after us will tear whatever I tell you from your mind without mercy. This way, you can truthfully tell them you know nothing. They will not be pleased"

She rumaged in the folds of her cloak and came up with a purse full of money. It clinked and landed heavily as she tossed it onto the table.

"This should cover payment for your services and any damage they will cause."

I wanted to tell her what to do with her money, and she must have read the message, because she shook her head and had the gall to look hurt.

"Take it. It was agreed that I would pay you, even though the aid you have rendered is immeasurable. Allow me to at least hold up that end of the bargain. Furthermore, you are going to need it in the days to come. I wish I did not have to resort to lies and deceit, but I saw no other way. If I'd told you of our situation earlier, I doubt you would have helped us."

She waved a hand at the cuffs,

"They will fall off when I leave. I am grateful for your kindness, and I mean you no harm. This is for your own good as well as mine. If I tell you anything, I am condemning you to suffering and possibly death."

She walked over to the bed and levitated the mage effortlessly, then started for the door with him floating eerily behind her. She paused when she got to it.

"Do not attempt to follow me." No threat was needed, and none was issued. We both knew who would win a fight between the two of us. I had not blood-locked the door again, so she slid the key from the hook above the door and unlocked it, then pulled it open. She paused at the threshold, turned and raised an arm in farewell, then wind swirled around her and the mage, and they were gone.

The cuffs and gag melted off almost immediately, and I rushed to my door, blood-locking it this time. I turned and leaned against it, suddenly exhausted. I reached up to my neck and stroked the tender spot where the mage had marked me.

I felt used and betrayed, and more than a little heart sick. I had reached out to people in need, and I'd been replayed by being made a fool of. I missed the mage already, and I had not even gotten a chance to know his name.

Then there was her foreboding warning about the dangerous people that were after them. I was not eager to meet whoever it was they were running from, and now the elemental had deliberately dragged me into whatever trouble they were in.

I glanced around the room. It was a mess of herbs and discarded towels. I gathered up the remaining herbs carefully and set them on a shelf in the corner, then dragged my weary self around the room, picking up the towels and dropping them in the basket where I kept clothes for washing.

I blew out the lamps as I went, leaving only the one that stood by my bed lighted. I stripped off my bedsheet, which was soiled with sweat and come, and added it to my basket of washing, then I got out a new one from the box where I kept clean sheets. I spread it haphazardly across the bed, then stumbled to my bathing tub in the corner. I pulled off my clothes and washed as best as I could with my limbs heavy with sleep.

I did not usually sleep naked, but I was so tired I climbed into bed nude, settled between the sheets, and fell into a deep, dreamless sleep. I did not stir till Bronwy's Light woke me the next morning.

12