All Comments on 'Siren Ch. 06'

by imbu23201

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
AwkwardMDAwkwardMDalmost 7 years ago

I'm incredibly proud to have contributed to this. The joke, about Mr. Freeman, fits so smoothly into the larger story. It all comes together to tell such a fantastic tale of the psychological breakdown of the heroine.

This is a triumphant chapter on every front.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Great job!

I really enjoyed this chapter and am wondering where Kenna and Roland are going to end up. I'd love to see him have to crawl a little. I hope she doesn't forgive him too easily :D

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Great story.

pobratpobratalmost 7 years ago
Fantastic!

I'm loving the banter, her confusion, his refusal to get visibly angry, and the chemistry that is electric!

As a fan no matter how impatient I get for more, you have to know, (insert smirk) that I'm not going anywhere! I've loved your imagination from the start, and was pleasantly surprised when you showed up to complete your previous story, when you said you would! It's right there you earned my loyalty.

So I'd wait till hell froze over, though I'm thinking it wont be that long. And you write by the seat of your pants, just fine. Thank you for sharing your imagination with the readers of Lit. Bravo!

LaRascasseLaRascassealmost 7 years ago
Still great

Good to see the exams haven't dulled your writing. Chuckled at the dialogue regarding the dice game at the start. Liked the slow build of the backstory, explaining the motivations.

IamfirehorseIamfirehorsealmost 7 years ago
Love the story!

I'm much for commenting but love the story and good luck with school.!

cantfightfatecantfightfatealmost 7 years ago
Good chapter but not a happy wait.

It's completely understandable since you're studying but it takes longer to get back into the story after an extended break and it's frustrating knowing that another potentially long break is ahead. I might wait til you are closer to finishing and then catch up. That way I'll only have to wait once.

Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Amazing story! Cant wait for more! You're truly a talented writer!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Please get this published for kindle!

I can't tell (because it's embarrassing) how many books I've read seeking out this kind of interaction between the main characters. I'm in love with this story and how well you've edited it. I love getting to see the perspective from both sides and getting caught up in the emotions. Great work! Muah!

Can't wait for the next chapter :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Happy for you!

I just signed up to your mailing list! I'm so happy to hear of your jump to publishing! I am excitedly awaiting and anticipating the new chapters and all your literary/publishing endeavors! Big fan and much love.

-Ivy

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thanks for everything guys!

Chapter 7 has been submitted twice...and rejected twice. Hopefully, I'll get it up soon. @Ivy thanks so much for your encouragement. It's a big leap. @cantfightfate, I'm trying to get you the next chapter, I swear. @pobart, what can I say, you are always backing me up. Thanks so much. And to everyone else, I love you guys. Thanks for reading :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Bizarre

His strange logic basically says so whatever you want, hurt whoever you want, because your victims don't matter. Given that people who seek revenge are seeking a pleasure, he basically just told her she should gut him like a fish.

Weird.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@bizzard anon

I may not have made the same leaps you did from revenge to pleasure. My intention was to show how Roland sees seeking retribution as something that will only backfire on the one who was wronged in the first place, that the justice the injured are after is an illusion that will not be honored.

But yes, Kenna is not one to accept her fate, as we've seen with the men who stood in her way before. Roland might not be as safe as he thinks.

Charly_MCharly_Mover 6 years ago
To the person who left the "bizarre" comment

Welcome to the fun world of objectivism. It is a anyoying phylosophy most often held by complete dicks. See anything Any Rand wrote for reference.

EroticLitKittyEroticLitKittyover 6 years ago
This passage right here...

"You believe the world should not allow the things that have happened to you, that are happening now, to occur. It has not dawned upon you that the cruelty you suffer is nothing unique, it simply is. I have accepted this truth—all that has befallen me was not done to me, the wrongs I have borne were not part of a transactional cycle which must be met with payment or vengeance. I am not owed anything for my pain and neither are you. The sooner you accept this, the more likely it is you will survive."

I've tried to explain this concept to people that constantly ask why certain bad things in life seem to happen to them, and my response is that it's just life. I've uttered similar words and that passage rocked me - it and the rest of this story is expertly crafted.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
"Transactional"

I enjoy your writing as well as the content of your occupational demands. I loved that you included transactional as part of the story. Nothing like the descriptions of life long ago with the prose of the present.

NaiaTinkAbellaNaiaTinkAbellaover 3 years ago
Excellent!

The developing of the characters is going at a great Pace. Sometimes I really like a longer character arc

Horseman68Horseman68almost 3 years ago
Such Complicity…..

….. in a little lady and the pirate story. Many bravos.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous